• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finally killed the dragon. I guess it's off to do whatever in post-game now. Gonna do some random quests and delve into BBI I think. =D

Oh btw I actually liked Mercedes as a character. Her motivations might not have been the most original, but she had a decent little plotline. Any other characters that you can say anything positive about? (besides Grigori everyone loves him)

Finally killed the dragon. I guess it's off to do whatever in post-game now. Gonna do some random quests and delve into BBI I think. =D
Wait until NG+ to go to BBI, unless you've previously beaten the game on PS360.

You'll only have to replay up until you create your pawn in NG+.

Oh btw I actually liked Mercedes as a character. Her motivations might not have been the most original, but she had a decent little plotline. Any other characters that you can say anything positive about? (besides Grigori everyone loves him)

Selene, Valmiro, Pip, Rowland, Ansell, Arsmith, and to an extent Madeline all stood out to me. People that really needed the Arisen, not like the duke and Grand Soren "needed" the Arisen, but as people whose lives are touched by this, seemingly legendary hero who does all these little things for the town and gets everyone talking.

Also I got the Arisen's Bond after Pride Before a Fall, so I'm pretty sure I just locked myself out of Mercedes being my beloved. Gonna have to fix that in NG+. Selene it is, I guess. Madeline doesn't seem as genuine about things, compared to Selene's story.

Mercedes is still the best though.

yamo

You shouldn't worry about being too unique, if it gets in the way of enjoying yourself. Make all the redheads you like.

She's still a redhead though! But my goal was to make her look like Poison Ivy, as my arisen is a Bruce Wayne look a like. I'm super happy how she turned out!

The standing out in the crowd is just an added benefit. It might be a turn off for some though, who want a more realistic look.

Zomba13

I've been having weird crashes lately. Nothing (to my knowledge) has changed with my system but I've recently had two crashes. One where it just crashed in the loading screen to the Bluemoon Tower and another just now on my way to the final battle where my pawn healed me. As soon as I got to full hp it crashed. Prior to the Bluemoon tower crash I had no issues at all in like, 30 hours of playing and teleporting and resting etc.

Phionoxx

Finally took down (BBI Enemy Boss Spoiler)
Death
for the first time just now. Took me about 4 or 5 encounters because I was running Assassin with a relatively weak bow, so had to resort to Conquerors + Blast Arrows. Pawns weren't helping at all, but at least they managed to stay alive for the most part so there is that. Pretty exciting fight.

Does this game make anyone else's GPU get really loud? Coil whine, specifically. I don't know why but the coil whine is really loud whenever I play. No other game (even much more intensive ones) gets my GTX 970 to whine even close to as loudly as this game does.

Golnei

Barroch, maybe? He's a solid enough iteration on a well-worn archetype. I'd have liked some more focus on the Everfall pawns as well - though they weren't explored much, their situation was interesting enough, as were the
post-Grigori dragonkin.

Along with denser and more diverse sidequests, if we ever get a sequel, I hope they manage a much more fleshed-out supporting cast.

OH MY GOD nO THERE'S A LOVE SCENE HELP ME

It's a pretty natural progression from the beach scene at the end of his questline, I don't know why you're surprised.

Death
for the first time just now. Took me about 4 or 5 encounters because I was running Assassin with a relatively weak bow, so had to resort to Conquerors + Blast Arrows. Pawns weren't helping at all, but at least they managed to stay alive for the most part so there is that. Pretty exciting fight.
With a Ranger, that's actually the best/cheesiest way to kill him. You can stun lock him to oblivion with tenfold flurry and take him out in one go if you have enough blast arrows on your party lol

Death

With that fight either you body the shit out of him or you lose all your pawns and he runs away. It would have been cool if after a certain amount of damage the fight goes into a second phase with a new moveset and everything.

As it is now you stunlock him and that's that.

Has anyone experienced a kind of stuttering while using ENB?

not stuttering, but enb takes a big hit on my FPS... from 60 fps It goes to 40-50... with a few drops to 30 in heavy battles, the fps are better than the ps3 anyway and it looks beautiful, so I adapted, but no stuttering whatsoever

No stuttering for me too. I use Enhanced Vanilla ENB.

Does this game make anyone else's GPU get really loud? Coil whine, specifically. I don't know why but the coil whine is really loud whenever I play. No other game (even much more intensive ones) get my GTX 970 to whine even close to as loudly as this game does.

Mine only get loud when I activated ENB. If it's turned off, fan goes back to normal.

Mine only get loud when I activated ENB. If it's turned off, fan goes back to normal.

No ENB or anything. I am running at 120 fps - which usually gets my GPU a bit louder - but it's much louder than other games that I run at that framerate.

Really weird because this isn't a very intensive game.

Unicorn

So, I'm juggling 2 different saves (have cloud sync off) so my pawns are constantly switching out on the servers. Sucks, but fuck them and their archaic save systems.

What's the best way to get points for vocations? I've been clearing dungeons out but with 2 characters in their 20s it's getting tedious to get the skills I want and to get the vocation leveled up to get upgraded skills and the opportunity to move on and carry over passives.

Anko

Somehow managed to get the top bow for Rangers from a bitterblack weapon lvl 3 drop via the gorecyclops. It's stunlock time now that I've fully dragonforged it.

Honestly though, why did they make the final BBI boss,
Daimon's final form
so easy to stunlock. He's a joke with this bow, without even having to resort to blast arrows. What's weirder is that
his first form
is harder to stun.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
dragon fight spoilers....

lol is Valmiro supposed to be my romance or something? All I did was go on a bunch of fetch quests for him, whatever happened to Mercedes coming back and saving the day?
Read the FAQ in the OT....

Couldn't get Morrigan and High Top Class to show up in the rift but I managed to gift everyone who else who added me yesterday.
Awww. :( There's someone else I can't get to show up too. Omina Celestis or something, not sure who that is on GAF.

Ur-Dragon grace period up.
WTF, it's already over and in gen 23. How short are they??

Lanrutcon

So, I'm juggling 2 different saves (have cloud sync off) so my pawns are constantly switching out on the servers. Sucks, but fuck them and their archaic save systems.

What's the best way to get points for vocations? I've been clearing dungeons out but with 2 characters in their 20s it's getting tedious to get the skills I want and to get the vocation leveled up to get upgraded skills and the opportunity to move on and carry over passives.

Generally just playing the game is pretty smooth. If you're in post-game there's a method to automatically level up your vocations when you're afk.

Go to the upper end of town where the guards attack you, go to the Cathedral, jump on the wall that's in front of the Cathedral. Guards can't get you there, but your pawns will kill the infinitely respawning guards. Go make some tea and take a nap. Depending on pawn killing speed, takes about 30 minutes to max a vocation from scratch.

But it's worth it. Getting the right augments can make you perform so much better. Plus Sinew is the shit.

undu

Whoever had Shelia as their pawn, you done good. Well, mostly.

When I reacquired her at level 57, she just kept trying to scale the Ur-Dragon... lol.

I use the ENB wrapper for that.

In the enblocal.ini I changes EnableVsync from 'true' to 'false' and all the values under [FIX] to 'true' except 'HeavyHDRMode', which remains 'false'.

Since the HDR needs to be turned to high in the game in order to work, I use this mod to tone down the spell effects: http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/39/?

4 years later and I'm still trying to figure out a way to kill him before the guards get to me. lol
I have had no success :( They're on me as soon as I pick him up.

Slash/shoot him, then immediately after open the inventory and use a ferrystone, the guards usually don't have time to catch you.

Moff

I have a question about gear
is it me or are the stats on it unnessecarty and only the defensive stats are important?
I bought pants some time ago with +4 magick. well at least that was displayed when I bought them, because now everytime I compare them with other gear I only see the difference in defensive stats, but I don't see a -4 magick when I compare them so some cheap cloth pants for istance. in fact the +4 magick stats are never displayed again when I look at the item.
now +4 is next to nothing anyway so I wondered what's up with these stats boni

KainXVIII

Tried deband filter with Gedosato, its looks not bad at nights, but it smears some scenes very badly (especially with mist), so i turn it off completely.

Ferr986

Sucks that the
Grigori affinity
scene uses the same animations no matter who is chosen (atleast for the girls). Didn't suit Mercedes at all.

Phinor

another dragon fight spoiler

I'm a warrior with an average load and absolutely no climbing upgrades, climbing to the heart is fucking bullshit

Under similar circumstances it took me close to 70 minutes to get through that fight. My pawns didn't do shit throughout the whole fight. Tedious is the word I'd use to describe my experience.

Well, I got the kill for gen 22, but 23 and 24 was at grace so quick. I was restocking my items. Stupid Totem Mace. I can't even trade it lol. The grind for Heaven's Key is real.

yamo

Lol i got Julien and he was completely harassed by those goblins.

Was supposed to quote Ferr986 but mobile ducks everything up

Top Bottom