• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

shouldn't it then be still in limbo? Did you try resting again?

Already tried and they're gone. Which makes sense, player (me) already pinged the server. Server acknowledged and gave the item thus it's no longer on the server but on my local device. I reset to last checkpoint, it's no longer on local device and was already wiped from server when I originally pinged it to receive the item.

Already tried and they're gone. Which makes sense, player (me) already pinged the server. Server acknowledged and gave the item thus it's no longer on the server but on my local device. I reset to last checkpoint, it's no longer on local device and was already wiped from server when I originally pinged it to receive the item.

I thought the system that gives trade bans would also hold traded items until the next time you update yourself, guess not; that sucks.

I thought the system that gives trade bans would also hold traded items until the next time you update yourself, guess not; that sucks.

It sucks but not that big of a deal in the end. I just didn't feel like running through BBI for level 3 items myself at the time. I'll probably do a full BBI run later tonight anyway, solo ole Daimon a few times for some levels along the way.

void666

Banned
Is there a reason to keep playing everfall? I've been farming wakestones, fighting monsters. But the place is so boring. BBI is where fun is at.
I already have 20 wakestones. Should i move to newgame+ and ignore the rest of BBI?

Another question. My arisen vocations were fighter>warrior>mystic knight.
Now i switched to mystic archer. My bow does not seem to do much damage. I'm not sure if it's because my bow isn't good or if my magic stats aren't good.
Having played mostly strength characters will hurt a magic vocation?

Indignate

If you reset to last checkpoint I believe you could have just exited to the title and loaded up the game which would have put you at one of the autosaves, rather than the hard saves at a checkpoint, depending on which was more recent.

Is there a reason to keep playing everfall? I've been farming wakestones, fighting monsters. But the place is so boring. BBI is where fun is at.
I already have 20 wakestones. Should i move to newgame+ and ignore the rest of BBI?

Another question. My arisen vocations were fighter>warrior>mystic knight.
Now i switched to mystic archer. My bow does not seem to do much damage. I'm not sure if it's because my bow isn't good or if my magic stats aren't good.
Having played mostly strength characters will hurt a magic vocation?

Not really - it's kind of like the appetizer to BBI's main course. Especially in NG+ once you've got the portal to the Ur Dragon.

As for MA, yeah it'll mess some stats up. Level up mage / sorcerer for a bit to get some more damage output. I need to do that for my MK to get some of the better augments as well, and get my strider pawn some more strength and augments as well. Just waiting for the right time in-game to do it more efficiently.

void666

Banned
Not really - it's kind of like the appetizer to BBI's main course. Especially in NG+ once you've got the portal to the Ur Dragon.

As for MA, yeah it'll mess some stats up. Level up mage / sorcerer for a bit to get some more damage output. I need to do that for my MK to get some of the better augments as well, and get my strider pawn some more strength and augments as well. Just waiting for the right time in-game to do it more efficiently.

Thank you.
What is the best way to level up alt vocations?
Oh well, i'll google it anyway.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much. Unfortunately vast majority of gamers don't like stories like this. They want stories in which they're the most important thing to every NPC in the game world. In which everything is spoon fed to them via ridiculous amounts of eyerolling exposition like some poorly written anime or YA novel.

haha and Dragons Dogma is well-written? Give me a fucking break. The Dutchess. I rest my case. Also the silent protagonist shtick makes your character seem like the biggest r-word in the world. The storytelling in the game is bad and the writing varies from awful to decent. It's got some cool ideas about the world but the storytelling is bad.

And even the high concept of
"the world is cyclical"
has been done to death. It puts a few cool spins on it but the world is so aggressively dull and bereft of any interesting characters that I completely failed to give a shit by the end.

Hit ∞ finally. The quality of pawns in the rift has nosedived. Not a single one with strength or magic over 1500. I think it is a combination of the large pool of max level pawns and maybe the game giving rift priority to less popular pawns. Maybe they are all min-maxers learning the other vocations.

I wish there was an option to decouple armor from its stats. Say X amount of kills while wearing an armor piece masters it. Once mastered an armor piece's look can be switched with the look of any other mastered armor piece.

You could do the same for each weapon type.

Messing around with the other vocations is nice. I think I prefer MA to Assassin.

Hit ∞ finally. The quality of pawns in the rift has nosedived. Not a single one with strength or magic over 1500. I think it is a combination of the large pool of max level pawns and maybe the game giving rift priority to less popular pawns. Maybe they are all min-maxers learning the other vocations.

I think my pawn has 1000 strength, without weapons, she could easily have 3000+ str if I want to build her like that.

Lanrutcon

I wish there was an option to decouple armor from its stats. Say X amount of kills while wearing an armor piece masters it. Once mastered an armor piece's look can be switched with the look of any other mastered armor piece.

You could do the same for each weapon type.

Messing around with the other vocations is nice. I think I prefer MA to Assassin.

You mean 1000 before weaponry? That's a tall order. My pawn is rocking 2,6k strength with her daggers, 2,1k with her bow.

JimPanzer

I want to use Gedosato, but how do I force AO and DoF with it? No matter what I set for DoF values, there's no DoF at all in the game, same with HBAO - grass doesn't show any shadows. I can use custom resolutions, but that's it.

Quick Question—I missed the "Lost and Found" quest and I'm compelled to start over via Hard Mode so I can unlock those quests. Is that a prudent idea? Is there anything of importance that I'm missing for accidentally skipping that quest (I know I'm locked out in a certain area because I skipped it)? I'm at Level 35 and didn't start the Royal Orders Quests yet.

One benefit of fighting the endboss of BBI multiple times is that I no longer care about letting a pawn die. Oh well.

Is it even possible in that fight
to stun second-form D out of his vortex attack? I am playing on hard but it is either kill him during it or say goodbye to some pawns.

Every time my pawn comes back dead I let her know I am very disappointed in her screwing up by falling, getting petrified, or insta-killed. Blame the pawn, not the player.

I think the rating system rounds up anyway so almost everyone will probably be at 4 stars after enough rentals anyway.

MUnited83

For you.
Is there any place to check when there's grace periods? Several generations flew over in the last few days and I missed the grace period for every one of them.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else have issues with wickfut ENB 299 making the game super bright, even indoor? I didn't have this issue with 297. I deleted all old ENB files, updated the d3d9.dll to 299 and installed the the new 299 ENB settings. He posted on nexus that he accidentally uploaded a wrong file that made the game too bright but has fixed it since. I just downloaded it so it should be the fixed version. I tried switching several settings on and off but didn't find a solution.

ENB off
367500_2016-01-26_00001.png

Quick Question—I missed the "Lost and Found" quest and I'm compelled to start over via Hard Mode so I can unlock those quests. Is that a prudent idea? Is there anything of importance that I'm missing for accidentally skipping that quest (I know I'm locked out in a certain area because I skipped it)? I'm at Level 35 and didn't start the Royal Orders Quests yet.

I wouldn't worry about it to much, you could always beat the game in like 30 minutes once you play it on new game plus :) All the quest you are completed will be listed in your options menu, simply go back and do the ones you never did the first time around.

Or you could start over again and re do the whole thing your choice.

Venfayth

I'm never happy with ENBs when I use them. Every one I've tried makes everything way too garish. I keep hoping to find one that tweaks things in ways that are noticeable but not overbearing.

Is it even possible in that fight
to stun second-form D out of his vortex attack? I am playing on hard but it is either kill him during it or say goodbye to some pawns.

Yup, just need to hit with your heaviest attacks. Rangers can deal with that the easiest by spamming 10fold or Dire/Deathly Arrow from a distance. The MK's Stone Forest and the Warrior's AoD can do it as well but you have to be right in the killzone.

I think the Fighter is the only vocation that can't really do anything against it but run.

wickfut

Banned
Does anyone else have issues with wickfut ENB 299 making the game super bright, even indoor? I didn't have this issue with 297. I deleted all old ENB files, updated the d3d9.dll to 299 and installed the the new 299 ENB settings. He posted on nexus that he accidentally uploaded a wrong file that made the game too bright but has fixed it since. I just downloaded it so it should be the fixed version. I tried switching several settings on and off but didn't find a solution.

"super-bright" ???

What part of the image is super-bright to you?

Are you talking about the shadows not being pitch black?

Vitanimus

any tips on playing mystic knight, at least early on? I'm in post game but the class kinda feels underwhelming. I know it's supposed to be super OP with the perilous vigil and magic cannon, but I'm hardly denting bosses in Everfall. I'm level 55 if that helps. I did about ~20 levels each in Assassin and Sorcerer.

God Ranger is so boring.

haha and Dragons Dogma is well-written? Give me a fucking break. The Dutchess. I rest my case. Also the silent protagonist shtick makes your character seem like the biggest r-word in the world. The storytelling in the game is bad and the writing varies from awful to decent. It's got some cool ideas about the world but the storytelling is bad.

And even the high concept of
"the world is cyclical"
has been done to death. It puts a few cool spins on it but the world is so aggressively dull and bereft of any interesting characters that I completely failed to give a shit by the end.

Take a deep breath. No one said Dragon's Dogma was well written not that it matters it doesn't change my statement at all.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
"super-bright" ???

What part of the image is super-bright to you?

Are you talking about the shadows not being pitch black?

No, maybe the screenshot doesn't show it well but the dungeons are bright enough so that a lantern isn't even necessary because I can see everything just fine. I don't think that's intended? Basically I don't see much difference if I turn the lantern on or off. It just seems off to me in comparison to 297, but maybe I'm just going crazy after not playing for a few days? :)

any tips on playing mystic knight, at least early on? I'm in post game but the class kinda feels underwhelming. I know it's supposed to be super OP with the perilous vigil and magic cannon, but I'm hardly denting bosses in Everfall. I'm level 55 if that helps. I did about ~20 levels each in Assassin and Sorcerer.

Magic Cannon is 60% magic / 40% physical damage output, so you want a magic based weapon / magic enchant to maximize damage.

Also don't forget about that Abyssal buff that adds range and multiple hits and some dark magic damage ON TOP of your other damage sources. So you can have your pawn buff your weapon, then you stack the abyssal range buff on top for even more damage.

Also parries are great, as are the augments that give you extra strength and magic damage.

If you're buffed and you stack 2-3 magic cannons and go to down with a multi hit attack (Sigil, Full Moon Slash, etc.) and you're throwing 40-50 projectiles all over the place. But you have solid close range weaponry and you have low cast times so you can "break" a setup by not dropping as many sigils or cannons in order to parry and move around.

Yeah, i got some BBI lvl 3 armor...

OH GOD THEY ARE HORRENDOUS.

As someone who played Fashion's Souls and wants to play Fashion's Dogma, this is such a letdown. Looking at some of the BBI armor and weapons just makes me throw up a little.

wickfut

Banned
No, maybe the screenshot doesn't show it well but the dungeons are bright enough so that a lantern isn't even necessary because I can see everything just fine. I don't think that's intended? Basically I don't see much difference if I turn the lantern on or off. It just seems off to me in comparison to 297, but maybe I'm just going crazy after not playing for a few days? :)

right, I see. something is very wrong then. My dungeons are like this..

ENB ON

Fo6CTO.jpg

ENB OFF
RtOazV.jpg

What dungeon is it? It might use the outdoor lighting for an indoor room, which would mess it up like that.

Ferr986

As someone who played Fashion's Souls and wants to play Fashion's Dogma, this is such a letdown. Looking at some of the BBI armor and weapons just makes me throw up a little.

Fashion Dogma is heavily biased toward big armors IMO.
I you want, say, a non armored Ranger, you don't have much choices.

I finally realized why I would struggle with Living Armor so much as an Assassin. I run a strength build with pure strength weapons. My sorc would buff my weapons with Holy enchant but that only adds magic damage based on my own magic stat. It doesn't convert the strength damage over.

I would do better with a split damage holy-enchanted weapon that boosts my magic. I think I may drop Holy Boon on the sorc.

Yup, just need to hit with your heaviest attacks. Rangers can deal with that the easiest by spamming 10fold or Dire/Deathly Arrow from a distance. The MK's Stone Forest and the Warrior's AoD can do it as well but you have to be right in the killzone.

I think the Fighter is the only vocation that can't really do anything against it but run.

I was doing huge damage but he would never stagger. I think I need to factor in that different attacks have different stagger/knockdown potential. Also hard mode enemies are more resistant to stagger/knockdown so maybe I just needed to min/max some more. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
right, I see. something is very wrong then. My dungeons are like this..

ENB ON

ENB OFF

What dungeon is it? It might use the outdoor lighting for an indoor room, which would mess it up like that.

I just tested some more and it's really strange. The area I tested is the corridor just after entering the Everfall from the pawn guild. It just looked like a room in bright daylight even if in my opinion it should't be, because there are no windows or anything. Then I rested until nightfall and night looks great, very dark and moody. After resting again until morning it is now way darker than it was the day before and I'm not sure why? It looks like intended now. Maybe something was messed up because it was the first day I was in gloomy post-game? I've honestly no idea what was going on but it looks great now.

ENB on at night

367500_2016-01-26_00004.png

ENB on at daytime

367500_2016-01-26_00005.png

Compare the second screenshot to the one with ENB on in my post above, looking down the hallway looks more natural now in my opinion. It also was unnaturally bright outside before which now it isn't. Maybe it had issues with getting the correct time of day after first loading post-game? Seems like everything works as intended now. I'll report back if I run into issues again.

wickfut

Banned
I just tested some more and it's really strange. The area I tested is the corridor just after entering the Everfall from the pawn guild. It just looked like a room in bright daylight even if in my opinion it should't be, because there are no windows or anything. Then I rested until nightfall and night looks great, very dark and moody. After resting again until morning it is now way darker than it was the day before and I'm not sure why? It looks like intended now. Maybe something was messed up because it was the first day I was in gloomy post-game? I've honestly no idea what was going on but it looks great now.
The game is a bit weird. Some indoor areas use the same lighting as outdoor areas. If I set the lighting for a certain look outside then it's going to have an effect inside too.

What I think is happening is that you've found one of those areas and you visited it at a part of the day where the game lighting transitions, ie dawn/dusk and this has messed up the area. Going back after resting is after those transition periods and so looks fine.

I'll look into it a bit more.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
The game is a bit weird. Some indoor areas use the same lighting as outdoor areas. If I set the lighting for a certain look outside then it's going to have an effect inside too.

What I think is happening is that you've found one of those areas and you visited it at a part of the day where the game lighting transitions, ie dawn/dusk and this has messed up the area. Going back after resting is after those transition periods and so looks fine.

I'll look into it a bit more.

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess since the "roof" is basically gone in post-game Everfall it might use outdoor lighting? I'm not sure what time it was when I had the issue so it may have well been a transitioning issue. Everything else looks great with your settings, so thanks a lot for your help and for the time you're investing into this!

wbacon

Capcom USA
Just a quick heads-up. Barring any unforeseen issues, we should have our first patch out some time tomorrow morning PST.

Below are the planned fixes:

• Added 1366x768 resolution support
  • Game should no longer have intermittent controller device detection issues when multiple devices are plugged in. This should address some of the stutter and input issues reported by users including spell/charge attacks not releasing, character ceasing to run etc.
  • Lantern binding issue - When full lantern becomes half-full, it will still be bound to the hotkey. (previously "half full" and "empty" were treated as separate inventory items)
  • Cursed King's Belt - equipping this item on a male character will no longer crash the game
  • Adjusted audio levels – addressed the ‘audio too low’ issue some users encountered
  • VSync set to OFF by default
  • DirectInput controller adjustments:
    • Deadzone for each pad is now stored and configurable via config.ini
    • DualShock 4 on PC will now have the same deadzone sensitivity as on PS4
    • Other DirectInput gamepads will also have a much tighter deadzone as well (the same accuracy/sensitivity as on X360 gamepad)
  • Game logo in Photo Mode – removed artifact on the right edge of the logo watermark.
  • Refresh rate settings – the game will now properly detect the refresh rate set in config.ini
  • Key bindings – mapped “0” as the 'center camera' button.
  • End game credits crashing the game for some users – while this issue could not be reproduced, some changes have been made which should help reduce or eliminate the issue.
Meanwhile, the team is still looking into the 5.1/7.1 audio popping/crackling issue that some users have reported. We'll keep you posted on the progress.

Lanrutcon

what the hell do i do when i get swallowed by a hydra

It spits bile. If you are covered in bile when it tries to swallow you, it auto succeeds. If you aren't, you get a QTE to escape.

Just a quick heads-up. Barring any unforeseen issues, we should have our first patch out some time tomorrow morning PST.

• Game should no longer have intermittent controller device detection issues when multiple devices are plugged in. This should address some of the stutter and input issues reported by users including spell/charge attacks not releasing, character ceasing to run etc.
  • Lantern binding issue - When full lantern becomes half-full, it will still be bound to the hotkey. (previously "half full" and "empty" were treated as separate inventory items)
  • Cursed King's Belt - equipping this item on a male character will no longer crash the game
  • Adjusted audio levels – addressed the ‘audio too low’ issue some users encountered
    • Other DirectInput gamepads will also have a much tighter deadzone as well (the same accuracy/sensitivity as on X360 gamepad)
  • Game logo in Photo Mode – removed artifact on the right edge of the logo watermark.
  • Refresh rate settings – the game will now properly detect the refresh rate set in config.ini
  • End game credits crashing the game for some users – while this issue could not be reproduced, some changes have been made which should help reduce or eliminate the issue.
Meanwhile, the team is still looking into the 5.1/7.1 audio popping/crackling issue that some users have reported. We'll keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you for the update, and for a rocking port! Hope it sells well.

Well, firstly, **** Windows 10. I keep running into problems with fullscreen, borderless and screen tearing in ALL games. I have windows 8.1 on my desktop but I am currently using my gaming laptop.

Anyway, it is nice to see that there are mods and an ENB with numerous settings for DD:DA right during release. I am not sure whether I should import my PS3 save file as I am kinda far into the game.
I explored a lot of dungeons, and I am at the part below Gran Soren; the only reasons I are making a new character/pawn and experiencing the whole game again without console issues.

Nice patch, but you know what would really make me happy?
Borderless fullscreen
game not pausing when losing focus in windowed
Game still accepting gamepad inputs when focus lost in windowed (like RE0HD)

also yes, fix the servers so we actually see random people's pawns, instead of just friends, and fix that we can't see all of our friends' pawns.

Hoping so bad that someone manages to make a mod that allows you to create all your pawns and change their behavior in a more controlled manner.
I finally realized why I would struggle with Living Armor so much as an Assassin. I run a strength build with pure strength weapons. My sorc would buff my weapons with Holy enchant but that only adds magic damage based on my own magic stat. It doesn't convert the strength damage over.

I would do better with a split damage holy-enchanted weapon that boosts my magic. I think I may drop Holy Boon on the sorc.

Living armors are the sole reason why i used to carry Heaven's Key around. Masterful kill reks them.

(well, that and my pawn freaking refusing to understand that they take no damage from ice enchants)

AlanOC91

Just beat a random
Dragon
that I came across while randomly exploring. The one near the Shadow Fort.

Was a lvl 27 Warrior when fighting it. Really hard fight, had to use up all my healing items (70+) during it.

Warrior Skill Arc of Might absolutely crushed him. A total of 6 hits from it took the majority of his health. It was just a matter of actually hitting him with it.

Warrior Skill Arc of Might absolutely crushed him. A total of 6 hits from it took the majority of his health. It was just a matter of actually hitting him with it.

Arc of ---, can staggerloop dragon kin if you time it correctly, it's quite funny how powerless they are against warriors after you hit them once.

AcAnchoa

I'm considering changing my vocation from sorcerer to magick archer, but I don't like playing melee at all. Would it be a big loss to play that vocation without using the daggers?

Top Bottom