• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

mfaex

Haha I rested and went back. My gen 30 was invuln with like 80% of one bar left, now it has near full health. And it is still gen 30.
kunk-rum.gif

stupid question but.... how do i bind things? I am using a controller so how do I bind a lantern to a controller button or keyboard button?

Facism

someone sent my pawn back with 130,000 RC and a bitterblack novelty level 3.

It purified into a Dragon's Tempest for the Magick Archer D: D: D: D: D: D:

archhydra is suuuuuuch bullshit. whoever designed impossible analog waggling to a grab attack you then have to rely on your dumb ai pawns to get you out of needs to be fired

Daimon's rift vortex is BS

if he dies it near you it's pretty much over.

He has some tells before he does it, generally when you see him moving weirdly away from you just grab his arm/chest and bash it.
Or keep a good distance and then run towards him as he does it, then jump and bash him in the arm.

archhydra is suuuuuuch bullshit. whoever designed impossible analog waggling to a grab attack you then have to rely on your dumb ai pawns to get you out of needs to be fired

Wut, I love fighting that, there really isn't a grab in the game you can't escape, and the hydras is one of the easier one, though you have to remember to -mash all of your buttons- too, just waggling the stick isn't enough unless you have the augment.

He has some tells before he does it, generally when you see him moving weirdly away from you just grab his arm/chest and bash it.
Or keep a good distance and then run towards him as he does it, then jump and bash him in the arm.

Wut, I love fighting that, there really isn't a grab in the game you can't escape, and the hydras is one of the easier one, though you have to remember to -mash all of your buttons- too, just waggling the stick isn't enough unless you have the augment.

I have no problem escaping the others but the archhydra one I've only escaped from once. And which one is the augment? I've been stuck on it more times than a Dark Souls boss and it just isn't any fun to fight anymore as a Fighter.

Post-game question!
So, I beated the dragon, went back to gran soren and found the endless hole etc. Now I have the quest to bring the 20 shards. From what I got this is the final quest right? If I want to go to BBI this is the time, right?

silva1991

Yeah analog qte in this game is bad

someone sent my pawn back with 130,000 RC and a bitterblack novelty level 3.

It purified into a Dragon's Tempest for the Magick Archer D: D: D: D: D: D:

wut? I didn't know novelty items can be weapons!

will try to notice that next time I fight him.

his first form is a joke now with rusted dagger/bow lol.

Post-game question!
So, I beated the dragon, went back to gran soren and found the endless hole etc. Now I have the quest to bring the 20 shards. From what I got this is the final quest right? If I want to go to BBI this is the time, right?

if you don't want to go through NG+ then yes it's about time for BBI.

Post-game question!

Yes. If you're going to do BBI now would be the time.

Yeah analog qte in this game is bad

wut? I didn't know novelty items can be weapons!

will try to notice that next time I fight him.

his first form is a joke now with rusted dagger/bow lol.

if you don't want to go through NG+ then yes it's about time for BBI.

Yes. If you're going to do BBI now would be the time.
Thanks, also what about the Ur-Dragon? I read it's in the everfall? How does that work? It's the only dragon I can kill to dragonforge equipment?

About the plot, I probably missed something, but I didn't get why the dragon chose to make me the arisen and stole my hearth etc.

emag

Post-game question!

You don't trigger the point of no return until you manually turn in the items. I advise playing through that area before you go to BBI, otherwise you'll be horribly overleveled when you come back (and not properly experience on what is arguably the best part of the game).

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
stupid question but.... how do i bind things? I am using a controller so how do I bind a lantern to a controller button or keyboard button?

You can't bind items to controller buttons without external tools, but you can bind them to 1-5 on the keyboard by just pressing the respective key when you have the item selected in the inventory.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Bugged or not I just killed him and got a totem mace finally :D

Honestly curious, why did you want it? I understand wanting the Ur armor and masks for fashion but the weapons are outclassed by most BBI weapons, certainly rank 2-3 weapons.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nice patch, but you know what would really make me happy?
Borderless fullscreen
also yes, fix the servers so we actually see random people's pawns, instead of just friends, and fix that we can't see all of our friends' pawns.
Borderless window tool
Dismiss your friends pawns and new ones will trickle in

mfaex

Maintenance is gonna cost me Ur 31. :( I want my easy exp.

btw the ring that prevents drenching is the best item in the game.

Echoplx

Honestly curious, why did you want it? I understand wanting the Ur armor and masks for fashion but the weapons are outclassed by most BBI weapons, certainly rank 2-3 weapons.

It's the only mace I don't mind the look of besides Virge of Madness, guess it's kinda pointless but I like it.

Just finished up my first PC playthrough. I forgot I did the "go offline before Fathom Deep" thing on PS3 years ago so (massive spoilers don't highlight unless you know what the previous sentence means)
it was basically my PS3 Arisen & pawn vs my PC Arisen & pawn. Epic.
God I love this game. Dragon's Dogma 2 please, Capcom.

Just finished up my first PC playthrough. I forgot I did the "go offline before Fathom Deep" thing on PS3 years ago so (massive spoilers don't highlight unless you know what the previous sentence means)
it was basically my PS3 Arisen & pawn vs my PC Arisen & pawn. Epic.
God I love this game. Dragon's Dogma 2 please, Capcom.

Yeah same happened to me, such a dope little thing.

Jon Armdog

This is weird. I can't log into the game. I need some Dogma, stop it

I got in once, and it froze when I talked to Aslan (or whatever his name is...innkeeper dude)

Thanks, also what about the Ur-Dragon? I read it's in the everfall? How does that work? It's the only dragon I can kill to dragonforge equipment?

About the plot, I probably missed something, but I didn't get why the dragon chose to make me the arisen and stole my hearth etc.

Ur Dragon is in Everfall, Chamber of Lament. Any Dragon/Wyvern/Wyrm has a chance to Dragonforge your gear.

There is no reason why you specifically were "chosen" outside of your character was the only one with enough balls (or vagina) to try to fight Grigori when he attacked your village.

Anteater

i think there's a direct correlation between my pawn getting hired and how much skin/HAIR they are showing.

I think people probably just look at the skills/classes/levels, at least I do, although I might not rent joke pawns, but it's a lot faster to scroll through the menus for the right skills, summon and just hire whatever that's there, it seems hard enough to find the right class at your level, not to mention the summoning can be slow, ain't nobody got time to look for better looking ones, but then that's just me

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
lol @ all those graces, wtf

Too bad I'm like at the Arisen's Refuge, on my way to Daimon, can't be arsed to leave and come back right now. I could use some free dragonforging for my ranger pawn's gear though hmm...
Got a level 2 BBI weapon! ...it was worse than the bow I got from the main quest boss. I guess I need a level 3
Really? I thought the BBI stuff were all better than the non-BBI stuff...

Just a quick heads-up. Barring any unforeseen issues, we should have our first patch out some time tomorrow morning PST.

Below are the planned fixes:
  • Added 1366x768 resolution support
  • Game should no longer have intermittent controller device detection issues when multiple devices are plugged in. This should address some of the stutter and input issues reported by users including spell/charge attacks not releasing, character ceasing to run etc.
  • Lantern binding issue - When full lantern becomes half-full, it will still be bound to the hotkey. (previously "half full" and "empty" were treated as separate inventory items)
  • Cursed King's Belt - equipping this item on a male character will no longer crash the game
  • Adjusted audio levels – addressed the ‘audio too low’ issue some users encountered
  • VSync set to OFF by default
  • DirectInput controller adjustments:
    • Deadzone for each pad is now stored and configurable via config.ini
    • DualShock 4 on PC will now have the same deadzone sensitivity as on PS4
    • Other DirectInput gamepads will also have a much tighter deadzone as well (the same accuracy/sensitivity as on X360 gamepad)
  • Game logo in Photo Mode – removed artifact on the right edge of the logo watermark.
  • Refresh rate settings – the game will now properly detect the refresh rate set in config.ini
  • Key bindings – mapped “0” as the 'center camera' button.
  • End game credits crashing the game for some users – while this issue could not be reproduced, some changes have been made which should help reduce or eliminate the issue.
Meanwhile, the team is still looking into the 5.1/7.1 audio popping/crackling issue that some users have reported. We'll keep you posted on the progress.

Cool. Weird about vsync being off though...

What about the pawn issue? Some friends try to summon me and can't ever see my pawn appear in the rift, same with me. One of my friends' pawn never shows up, no matter how much I try.

No fixes for the pawn system? I still can't see all my friends pawns :(
Yup, this.

Was a lvl 27 Warrior when fighting it. Really hard fight, had to use up all my healing items (70+) during it. .
How are you carrying so many curatives without being overburdened? Even splitting the load with the pawns, they're bound to spend their own to heal themselves...

draetenth

I think people probably just look at the skills/classes/levels, at least I do, although I might not rent joke pawns, but it's a lot faster to scroll through the menus for the right skills, summon and just hire whatever that's there, it seems hard enough to find the right class at your level, not to mention the summoning can be slow, ain't nobody got time to look for better looking ones, but then that's just me

I do the same thing, though I also pay some attention to inclination as well. I don't really care too much about looks (sorry Fashion Dogma).

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got the black mask and the gold mask. I think I'm good!

Also how tf is this happening? Must be rampant cheating. And to think I spent all day Monday fighting Ur... smh

Just finished the game. I dont know if I fully understand what happened, but I still enjoyed the journey. Everfall is pretty interesting, if not a bit repetitive.

Decided to go to Bitterblack Isle. Only spent an hour or so there, but I dont seem to be getting the rapid experience gain I heard about. My Arisen and Pawn are lvl45, have a 47 and 50 tagging along. Should I get lower level pawns to level more quickly?

Got all the way down to a giant
Ogre chained to a wall
. Could barely make a dent in him and now not sure where to go.

David___

Banned
I got the black mask and the gold mask. I think I'm good!

Also how tf is this happening? Must be rampant cheating. And to think I spent all day Monday fighting Ur... smh
Can't be since there's a server side damage cap where it won't register any damage if the damage the user does goes past it.

Just finished the game. I dont know if I fully understand what happened, but I still enjoyed the journey. Everfall is pretty interesting, if not a bit repetitive.

Decided to go to Bitterblack Isle. Only spent an hour or so there, but I dont seem to be getting the rapid experience gain I heard about. My Arisen and Pawn are lvl45, have a 47 and 50 tagging along. Should I get lower level pawns to level more quickly?

Got all the way down to a giant
Ogre chained to a wall
. Could barely make a dent in him and now not sure where to go.

Doesn't sound like you actually beat the game yet, new game+ starts (game resets) if you do, which means BBI is now going to spoil you on the end.

Doesn't sound like you actually beat the game yet, new game+ starts (game resets) if you do, which means BBI is now going to spoil you on the end.

Not sure what you mean. Had the credits roll already, game just has the Everfall dungeons now which seem to be copy-paste dungeon crawls.

Top Bottom