• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

I'm considering changing my vocation from sorcerer to magick archer, but I don't like playing melee at all. Would it be a big loss to play that vocation without using the daggers?

No but the dagger skills are the most fun in Magick Archer imo

you can play it with Bow and Staff

also is there eventually a way to farm dragonforged equipment? what about
Grigori's
weapons?

I never did find out (as I never played much of the shield-based classes on consoles) but can you perfect block everything or just the vast majority of attacks?

Steel

Banned
also is there eventually a way to farm dragonforged equipment? what about
Grigori's
weapons?

1. Yes. Any drake has a chance of dragonforging one piece of your armor, some dragon's have a 100% chance. BBI is best for that.

2. You'd need to do NG+ to get another set, that being said there are better weapons in the game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I was wondering why my pawn was so popular when I turned it into a sorcerer, but had so many trips come back with high rc but with the default, 3-star, no comment review. Then I discovered the post-game exp/disc auto grinding exploit, which is a good way to afk and get disc, but the two hired pawns I had doing it with me eventually died after a couple hours.

1. Yes. Any drake has a chance of dragonforging one piece of your armor, some dragon's have a 100% chance. BBI is best for that.

2. You'd need to do NG+ to get another set, that being said there are better weapons in the game.

Grigori stuff is some of the best looking gear though; dragon's repast and dragon's bite are swag as hell.
Heck it's probably dragon's bite >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dwells-in-light>>other stuff.

Akronis

Anyone having weird audio popping with some of the sound effects in the game? Pretty sure it's not my equipment as no other game is having these issues.

Alright thanks, also what is Godsbane and the Sundering Spear tome used for?

Vuze

Just a quick heads-up. Barring any unforeseen issues, we should have our first patch out some time tomorrow morning PST.

Below are the planned fixes:

• Lantern binding issue - When full lantern becomes half-full, it will still be bound to the hotkey. (previously "half full" and "empty" were treated as separate inventory items)
    Meanwhile, the team is still looking into the 5.1/7.1 audio popping/crackling issue that some users have reported. We'll keep you posted on the progress.

• Nice, I noticed that. Not too annoying but still good to see it fixed.
    game not pausing when losing focus in windowed
    Game still accepting gamepad inputs when focus lost in windowed (like RE0HD)
    Yup, good suggestions.

Also
    Item Hotkeys on Dpad pls
    :^)

In other news, JP voice mod is coming along nicely. Refactored the patcher tool a bit today, added JP lip"sync" and the only thing now left is enemy and player shout-outs. Not sure why but the game doesn't seem to like these being remapped to JP. Not too major stuff anyway.

I never did find out (as I never played much of the shield-based classes on consoles) but can you perfect block everything or just the vast majority of attacks?

Pretty much. Even magic spells can be perfect-blocked if you time it right.

I think the only attack that can't be perfect-blocked is a swipe from Death, but I'm not sure of that.

So annoying that my pawn randomly changes inclinations ._.

Are you giving commands to your pawn during combat? Because that changes their inclinations.

Ogawa-san

It's been asked a few times, but... Anyone got a fix just for the color banding? I've been using ENB that fixes it along other improvements but I only have a lowly R9 270, so my fps takes a hit if I stray too far from vanilla.

It's been asked a few times, but... Anyone got a fix just for the color banding? I've been using ENB that fixes it along other improvements but I only have a lowly R9 270, so my fps takes a hit if I stray too far from vanilla.

There's a GeDoSaTo shader that is much less intensive.

I get 60 fps in the open without using spells on a 980 at 1440p with most ENB setups.

With GeDoSaTo I can have a shader and downsample from 1800p with 90-100 fps or so. I get around 70 fps at 4k but I don't want it to drop below 60 ever.

! GRACE !

Go get your dragon steak, folks.

You're telling me grace has happened 5 times since I got to work today? Jeez. I need to finish the game already, but I'm having too much fun getting set up for NG+ / BBI.

Alexm92

Just a quick heads-up. Barring any unforeseen issues, we should have our first patch out some time tomorrow morning PST.

Below are the planned fixes:

• Added 1366x768 resolution support
  • Game should no longer have intermittent controller device detection issues when multiple devices are plugged in. This should address some of the stutter and input issues reported by users including spell/charge attacks not releasing, character ceasing to run etc.
  • Lantern binding issue - When full lantern becomes half-full, it will still be bound to the hotkey. (previously "half full" and "empty" were treated as separate inventory items)
  • Cursed King's Belt - equipping this item on a male character will no longer crash the game
  • Adjusted audio levels – addressed the ‘audio too low’ issue some users encountered
  • VSync set to OFF by default
  • DirectInput controller adjustments:
    • Deadzone for each pad is now stored and configurable via config.ini
    • DualShock 4 on PC will now have the same deadzone sensitivity as on PS4
    • Other DirectInput gamepads will also have a much tighter deadzone as well (the same accuracy/sensitivity as on X360 gamepad)
  • Game logo in Photo Mode – removed artifact on the right edge of the logo watermark.
  • Refresh rate settings – the game will now properly detect the refresh rate set in config.ini
  • Key bindings – mapped “0” as the 'center camera' button.
  • End game credits crashing the game for some users – while this issue could not be reproduced, some changes have been made which should help reduce or eliminate the issue.
Meanwhile, the team is still looking into the 5.1/7.1 audio popping/crackling issue that some users have reported. We'll keep you posted on the progress.

Welp no debanding. Tried an enb but it didnt work :(

wbacon

Capcom USA
No fixes for the pawn system? I still can't see all my friends pawns :(

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any issues after the server side fix that was rolled out on the 18th.

As for certain friends not showing up in the Rift, I'll need to check with the production team but it may very well be a design choice where only a small subset of friends show up per instance in order to reduce server load and client load times. After all, there is a difference between parsing 350 friends vs. 10 friends at a time.

Also, bear in mind friend pawns won't show up in the Rift if he/she has never rested at the Inn. As you may be aware, pawns are uploaded to the Rift when players rest at the Inn and while they're in Online Mode.

If the above scenario doesn't apply and you believe there's an actual problem, could you please log the issue on the official Steam bug reporting thread?

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any issues after the server side fix that was rolled out on the 18th.

As for certain friends not showing up in the Rift, I'll need to check with the production team but it may very well be a design choice where only a small subset of friends show up per instance in order to reduce server load and client load times. After all, there is a difference between parsing 350 friends vs. 10 friends at a time.

Also, bear in mind friend pawns won't show up in the Rift if he/she has never rested at the Inn. As you may be aware, pawns are uploaded to the Rift when players rest at the Inn and while they're in Online Mode.

If the above scenario doesn't apply and you believe there's an actual problem, could you please log the issue on the official Steam bug reporting thread?

I doubt it, I can't even search for friends added in this thread, even though they are on my list and have pawns that are being used by other people, plus I've added more and more friends and the number does go up, it just ignores certain ones.

Also I don't see random pawns at all like I did on x360, it just gives me the few friend pawns and then just capcom generated ones (it basically stops accessing the server after the last friend pawn has been summoned).

Ogawa-san

In the span of 30min: grace kill, attempt where I shaved two bars off him and he flew away with 3 still left, grace kill.

Meanwhile in the leaderboard: first place has over 500 kills, second has 18.

Not complaining since thanks to this clusterfuck I have at least one of each online-exclusive drops, but... wat?

I suspect grace time might be derived from how long it takes to kill him.

I think the existing knowledge of the game, the potential to convert saves, and the ease of editing character values are why it is happening so quickly. The later generations get stronger so maybe it is working as intended.

I suspect grace time might be derived from how long it takes to kill him.

I think the existing knowledge of the game, the potential to convert saves, and the ease of editing character values are why it is happening so quickly. The later generations get stronger so maybe it is working as intended.

It's not working as intended when it dies in 5 minutes, the thing has billions of HP.

So today Ur 21-29 died...

It's not working as intended when it dies in 5 minutes, the thing has billions of HP.

So today Ur 21-29 died...

Yeah, you are right 5 mins is way too fast.

With that said I wonder if part of it is server related? Console players have talked about how the "accessing server" is much slower on Steam so perhaps DD on Steam is using fewer servers. Maybe there are less unique instances of Ur Dragon for players to fight which is compounding this behavior.

Top Bottom