• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Wait having lower level pawns makes you level faster?

it's capped at 25% in either direction
having a pawn that's 25+ levels lower than you will give you 25% extra exp, same effect as leaving the slot open.
Having a pawn that's 25+ higher than you will reduce your xp by 25%.

Having one low and one high will cancel each other out and give you normal xp.

Yes, kinda.
And less pawns = more exp.

it's capped at 25% in either direction
having a pawn that's 25+ levels lower than you will give you 25% extra exp, same effect as leaving the slot open.
Having a pawn that's 25+ higher than you will reduce your xp by 25%.

Having one low and one high will cancel each other out and give you normal xp.
Shit did not know that
These fucking grimgoblins are fucking my shit up.
Corona slashing them or the undead in groups is so satisfying

Is there a way to rename both your character and main pawn?

I accidentally (yes, accidentally) finished my playthrough and I only wanna NG+ if I can remake everything.

Corpekata

Banned
Is there a way to rename both your character and main pawn?

I accidentally (yes, accidentally) finished my playthrough and I only wanna NG+ if I can remake everything.

Vendor in Encampment by the riftstone sells an item that lets you do it.

In main game it's a one shot use but he has an unlimited version for post game. Not sure how it works in NG+

Vendor in Encampment by the riftstone sells an item that lets you do it.

Excellent.

Irval may live on, but Goreman is dead. RIP you wonderful gnome.

880D03945ACB207A4F089E728436980B30CCABE8
Behold the beauty.

Corpekata

Banned
What you are saying is more spoilerly than anything. The only possible person that could have read that as a spoiler are people that have beaten the game already.

Overside

Banned
I just entered a room with two cockatrices, a bunch of grimgoblins and a bunch of vile eyes.
D: D: D:

I LOVE THAT ROOM!!!

I actually just went through their on a recent diversion from bbi, to finish the last couple vocation levels on assassin ....And start doing warrior, the most ridiculously stamina'd warrior ever... I have more stamina than health, before going back to ranger

Those poor turkey lizards. They were so cute, I hugged them and squeezed them and hugged them....

Now they don't move anymores.

well thanks to the last few posts I now know
The Arisen dies at the end :)

mark all your shit cos

If the original post didn't spoil me the follow-up ones sure as hell did

not mad about it because I figured something like that but still

What you are saying is more spoilerly than anything. The only possible person that could have read that as a spoiler are people that have beaten the game already.

H said he beat the game, he says his pawn lives on but his arisen is dead, in plain sight, he could've easily left out the live/death part, sorry but this is just a blatant spoiler.

H said he beat the game, he says his pawn lives on but his arisen is dead, in plain sight, he could've easily left out the live/death part, sorry but this is just a blatant spoiler.

To be clear: I said nothing of the sort. Renaming a character and editing them is, in effect, killing them, and that's all I meant. I was figuring I'd skip remaking Irval just in case people were relying on him...

Now. Asking without spoilering the question was a mistake.

But whatever. We might as well spoiler everything up to this point for the sake of everyone else. I'll edit my posts, you edit yours (including quotes) and let's forget this ever happened.

Exentryk

Just a quick heads-up. Barring any unforeseen issues, we should have our first patch out some time tomorrow morning PST.

Below are the planned fixes:

Thanks. Do you know if the following issues are also being looked at?

- Banding in night sky at night (Lower color space?)
- Ugly bands and halo around lights at night (lantern, etc)
- Resolution settings not saving (Have to re-select resolution every time I start the game up)

These two things make the night time look really horrible. I have been using ENB mods that deband and lower the light output to fix these issues. But I am surprised the vanilla game came out with these issues. It would be great if these issues can be addressed.

Venfayth

If people spoil shit, don't post about it, PM them, christ lol.

I know in this case it wasn't actually a spoiler, but it just makes it worse by posting about it.

To be clear: I said nothing of the sort. Renaming a character and editing them is, in effect, killing them, and that's all I meant. I was figuring I'd skip remaking Irval just in case people were relying on him...

Now. Asking without spoilering the question was a mistake.

But whatever. We might as well spoiler everything up to this point for the sake of everyone else. I'll edit my posts, you edit yours (including quotes) and let's forget this ever happened.
It probably wasn't the best choice of words to say dead and RIP right after you mention finishing the game, especially since this is exactly what happens. Even more so saying your pawn lives on.
That's just confusing.

Exentryk

A quick save short cut key would be cool to have.
A hide HUD short cut key would also be cool to have. (can do this via mods for now).

I love this skill

Shearing Wind
giphy.gif

Theres just something special about jumping from enemy to enemy, feeling like a ninja quickly slashing through the battle field.

This may be a spoiler
Leave GS to do a quest and guards say a caravan under attack by goblins..then a griffin comes.

youtube link of said event:
It is scripted, but random? What enables it to happen?

Scripted.

I believe it happens when you leave from that gate for the first time.

If you have max affinity with Ser Maximillian, does
he not attack you in the Noble quarter after confronting the Duke?

Nope,
still hostile.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If you have max affinity with Ser Maximillian, does
he not attack you in the Noble quarter after confronting the Duke?
If he's your Beloved, then
he'll move to your house in Cassardis and won't be there to attack you in the Noble Quarter

If it's just high affinity but someone else is your Beloved, then what Ryanardo said above.

I love this skill

Shearing Wind
giphy.gif

Theres just something special about jumping from enemy to enemy, feeling like a ninja quickly slashing through the battle field.
It was 40 hours before I realised I could chain that skill. What a revelation.

It's going to be tough giving up dagger-skills. They're just so fast.

Whoever took my pawn ....THANK YOUR for those 99k rift crystals ;____;

Also decided to make a run on post-Deimos BBI, the new enemies are interesting to say the least :p

I hit a wall in Everfall where it seems the only floors I have left are really challenging

should I do BBI even though it assumes I know the ending?

Ogawa-san

It's going to be tough giving up dagger-skills. They're just so fast.
Never mind dagger skills, dagger core skills is where it's at.

I went from ranger to sword assassin for a change. Dire Gouge mows things down and all but god damn if I don't miss dodging and double-jumping.

I hit a wall in Everfall where it seems the only floors I have left are really challenging

should I do BBI even though it assumes I know the ending?

If the everfall floors are challenging, you won't get very far in BBI. If you really want to go I'd just stop the everfall clearing and just finish the last quest. (you don't actually have to do every thing there, just the quest)

ughhhh, fuck this metal golem fight

the last amulet is out of reach as a warrior and my pawn ai is too dumb to shoot it out of the sky

I was just going warrior for the augments, not having a ranged attack in this game is a serious gamble

I've noticed I get a lot more Disicipline from fighting smaller enemies like goblins and bandits versus large enemies. Is that as designed? It certainly seems so, since you get way more experience points for defeating large foes.

Top Bottom