• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

I've noticed I get a lot more Disicipline from fighting smaller enemies like goblins and bandits versus large enemies. Is that as designed? It certainly seems so, since you get way more experience points for defeating large foes.

Yes. Minions give you more DCP, and bosses gives you more XP.

I've noticed I get a lot more Disicipline from fighting smaller enemies like goblins and bandits versus large enemies. Is that as designed? It certainly seems so, since you get way more experience points for defeating large foes.

Yes. As exp from an enemy kill goes up, the percentage of that exp as discipline points goes down.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Yeah you get a percentage of XP gained and there are certain breakpoints

1,000 or more in Exp. gain 8% to 1% in Discipline Points
750 - 1,000 in Exp. gain 10% to 8% in Discipline Points
250 - 750 in Exp. gain 25% to 10% in Discipline Points
100 - 250 in Exp. gain 30% to 25% in Discipline Points
100 or less Exp. gain 40% to 30% in Discipline Points

Basically the idea is so that your vocation ranks up at the same rate throughout the game and you're not suddenly rank 9 in seconds once you hit the post game.

Finally finished the game although I've been on the cusp for about a week. I'm interested in playing on hard mode but I'm OP as fuck atm and I doubt I'd even feel it. Is there a surefire way to back up your game and pawn and everything?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Man, killed
Death
and now I'm like 10 levels above my pawn (I tried to keep a sliver of health for him so that my pawn would be alive for the kill but noooo, can't even stay alive that long even when using ranged attacks -_-).

Man, killed
Death
and now I'm like 10 levels above my pawn (I tried to keep a sliver of health for him so that my pawn would be alive for the kill but noooo, can't even stay alive that long even when using ranged attacks -_-).
Don't worry, your pawn will level faster than normal to catch up with you.

This thread reminded me I hit the visual experience cap when I killed Death. A lot of 9s.

I think I am going to use a trainer and reallocate my stats after I try out all the vocations. I am feeling pure magic now.

Please tell me i didn't just fuck myself over. I finished the game and had credits roll. It said that I had a "complete file" and all my stuff would carry over by starting a new game.

I started a new game and I am back to a Level 1 Arisen. Checked my Inventory and it was empty. WTF!

KarmaCow

Please tell me i didn't just fuck myself over. I finished the game and had credits roll. It said that I had a "complete file" and all my stuff would carry over by starting a new game.

I started a new game and I am back to a Level 1 Arisen. Checked my Inventory and it was empty. WTF!

Yea you're supposed to load the cleared game. I don't know if there is anyway to revert the save after that.

Maybe if you're still in game you can try to not update the steam cloud save with your new fucked save? Dunno, sorry that really sucks. Luckily it shouldn't be too hard to cheat engine your way back though.

Eh, well, I can't figure out how to redownload a save from Steam, and even if I could I suspect it won't be my old file. Fuck it. Maybe some day I will come back, but this is just too depressing.

Edit: Now the game only launches in Offline mode. No idea what's going on here.

What's the best way to handle consumables? I never did bother to find out when I played the console versions.

I just have too many potions and what not on me and it's slowing my MK down. Should I buy, combine, scavenge? Ignore everything and get a couple of pots and light-cures?

What's the best way to handle consumables? I never did bother to find out when I played the console versions.

I just have too many potions and what not on me and it's slowing my MK down. Should I buy, combine, scavenge? Ignore everything and get a couple of pots and light-cures?

If you're early in and constantly replacing your pawns then yea I'd just vendor them and lower the weight on main character. Otherwise just transfer them to your pawns and let them use it.

Overside

Banned

You should hoard everything you possibly can, like the obsessive hoarder you are, but can't show in real life.

And them when you can't carry anymore, force your pawns to enable you in your horribly obsessive hoarding.

And them when you get to your hoarding cheat, download everything you gave to your pawns, until you have amassed enough curatives to cure every disease in every country on the planet, stashed away where it will never, ever, be used.

Then go get MORE.

If you're early in and constantly replacing your pawns then yea I'd just vendor them and lower the weight on main character. Otherwise just transfer them to your pawns and let them use it.

Nah, I'm at post-game. And there's just sooooooooooooo many different consumables.

Shockingly obvious yet easy to miss healing item gathering method:
There is a healing pool NW-ish from Gran Soren. Bring empty flasks and fill them with the water for almost free, high quality healing potions! As an added bonus, give empty flasks to pawns and they'll fill them on their own.

But as to the other stuff, it really depends on what you're up against. Store everything that you don't think you'll use, although hold onto some for emergencies, especially HP and stamina consumables. Going a step further and planning ahead (considering what statuses you're likely to face) will help a lot.

If you have a huge excess of consumables, just give some to your pawns. They'll heal and clear statuses as soon as they can, which can lead to a lot of waste, but really, letting the items waste away in storage helps no one either. Just hold onto the really valuable stuff yourself, or place it in storage.

1) Is the Meloiaran whatever Heavy Armor gear the best heavy armor in the game or is that reserved for BBI?

2) When enhancing an item I don't need to have the materials present right, just in my storage?

Post-game items are leagues better than anything you'll find earlier. But the catch is you'll have to loot them from post-game areas, not buy them from a shop.

And yeah, so long as you own the item it will be valid for crafting. It can be on you, a pawn, or in storage.

Nah, I'm at post-game. And there's just sooooooooooooo many different consumables.

Yeah, they're so many it's ridiculous.

Do you want to heal some hp? Choose between these potions, herbs, or meats. Do you want to replenish a little bit of health or a bit more? Congratulations, there are more options that you can choose that may suit your need. Oh, now you want to clear status ailment? We also have these potions and herbs for each. Just choose.

surjective

Neo Member
1) Is the Meloiaran whatever Heavy Armor gear the best heavy armor in the game or is that reserved for BBI?

2) When enhancing an item I don't need to have the materials present right, just in my storage?

1) The "best" armor in the game is indeed in BBI. However, I personally find the level 3 armors to be really ugly.

2) That's correct.

I think there are a couple herbs and stuff that heal the same thing. I.e. sleep status effect.

Might be wrong though. It's an absolute nightmare to navigate them all.

It's actually not that bad. The only game over ones that I feel were completely needed were the ones that heal petrify status. That shit will fuck you up unless you cure it.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.

The Meloirean armor is the best armor you can get prior to either Bitterblack or the post-game. The stuff available in those places is dramatically superior.

Post-game items are leagues better than anything you'll find earlier. But the catch is you'll have to loot them from post-game areas, not buy them from a shop.

And yeah, so long as you own the item it will be valid for crafting. It can be on you, a pawn, or in storage.

But there are armors that open up in the store only after post-game? Stuff like Dragon's Den etc. Figured those would be some of, if not the best items in vanilla.

So should I not be wasting my money on that stuff?

I just spent 90k to upgrade Stalwart Bow to level 3.

It's actually not that bad. The only game over ones that I feel were completely needed were the ones that heal petrify status. That shit will fuck you up unless you cure it.

Yeah, basically I only bring that one and several healing herbs with me each time. Never bothered with the rest. I have every single potion sitting in my storage, never been used. But still, it's overwhelming for new players.

jonjonaug

also re: everfall, I thought the only way to get all 20 wakestones was to clear all the floors except for Lament?

Areas don't stay cleared, and you should be able to get enough Wakestones while only clearing about half or so of the Everfall anyway.

But there are armors that open up in the store only after post-game? Stuff like Dragon's Den etc. Figured those would be some of, if not the best items in vanilla.

Just buy whatever you want. The stuff sold by the Pawn salesmen in the Everfall is the best stuff in the game outside of BBI. There's also good stuff in chests in the Everfall, but the best items can only come from certain chests and only have like a 2% chance of dropping. With BBI armor equaling or surpassing it, there's not really a reason to try and grind them out. The final boss is easy enough that you don't really need the top level stuff anyway, if your damage output is high enough you can easily deplete the life bar of each phase in 1-2 hits.

You might be right about it appearing post-game. I figured I just missed it before I finished.

In any case, the non-vendor items are still far superior.

Also am I going crazy or do pretty much all of the stun abilities not do shit? Shield strike, pommel bash, dazzle explosion whatever - all have basically had no impact. I feel like shadowshackle is the only decent CC.

My Vocation leveling is going at a snail's pace. So close to getting Clout from Warrior, then I have to switch to Sorcerer to gain some stats and Augments for my MA build.

nded

Also am I going crazy or do pretty much all of the stun abilities not do shit? Shield strike, pommel bash, dazzle explosion whatever - all have basically had no impact. I feel like shadowshackle is the only decent CC.
Shield stuff mostly seems to be for staggering mooks and inflicting status effects with certain shields. They also do blunt damage, which works well against skeletons and golem weak points.

Shield Strike and Pommel Bash can guardbreak blocking enemies and do blunt damage to "shatter their bones!" Cymbal Onslaught is great for blunt damage and with one shield, can apply a strength-down debilitation to enemies.

I never found Dazzle Blast useful at all, as a Ranger I always ran with Tenfold Flurry, Dire Arrow, and Instant Reset.

My Vocation leveling is going at a snail's pace. So close to getting Clout from Warrior, then I have to switch to Sorcerer to gain some stats and Augments for my MA build.

Are you post-game already?
Go to the Noble Quarter in Gran Soren and stand on the ledge in front of the church, watch your pawns kill endless streams of guards, enjoy your easy vocation leveling. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to level a vocation to full, especially if you have Asura Armor or the Discipline Point ring.

Are you post-game already?
Go to the Noble Quarter in Gran Soren and stand on the ledge in front of the church, watch your pawns kill endless streams of guards, enjoy your easy vocation leveling.

Nah, not yet. I haven't even met with the Duke yet. I still have to go to the Watergod's Altar.

Anteater

i love shield counters

367500_2016-01-27_000pertr.jpg

and armors in this game look so classy

got 20 wakestones but still have 6 more floors of everfall to do

should i clear the rest or just finish up the quest?

also if i'm planning on going in to ng+ should I be online or offline for the final quest

silva1991

Lol, second form daimon didn't stand a chance against my ranger
s deathly arrows skill.

is it just me or is first form(without torpor) was much tougher?

first form was more aggressive with his physical attacks and second form had that lame and predictable slams.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Went back and got revenge on the chained up mega cyclops in on BBI. Felt real good. I know MK isn't typically known for mounting, but with ice enchant and Abyssal Anguish on my mace, I was chunking his face REAL hard. Aside from there being almost no margin of error on the analog stick waggle to stop him from eating you, he was not super hard at all.

Top Bottom