• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Exentryk

I changed from Assassin to Mystic Knight. Went from doing pitiful damage with daggers to wrecking stuff with that cannon. Not to mention I can now enchant myself whenever I want with whatever element I want. Plus you can also have a second element on top of the one you enchanted, which I believe is exclusive to this vocation. Really nice!

I completely agree, I've modded out stamina drain and carry weight after a few hours of playing the game and I've never looked back. I don't want to waste my time with inventory management or slow running speed. This way I can simply enjoy the great parts of the game without the nuisances. In my opinion, limited carry weight is just bad game design.

I also recommend giving yourselves a bunch of Port Crystals so you can place them all around the world. Makes the game even better.

They really should have guaranteed a lvl 3 weapon drop from daimon the first time. My ranger is a pure strength built so this ice bow isn't doing me a lot of favors with my low magic stat.

I still can't damage death, garm or elder ogres unless I'm rocking conqueror's periapts.

ExoSoul

Banned

Put that gif in a spoiler tag and names in spoiler tags.

So after update my audio pops when running =(
Is there a fix?

I've told you before: this is not a new bug, it was there from the begining. They're looking into it and will fix it with the next patch.
I can tell you that some gear is more likely to trigger that than other, cloth based gear is safe while some heavy armors will trigger it due to the mail soundfx not playing properly. The mace sfx may also trigger it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
367500_2016-01-27_000dmabo.png

Gran Soren is not safe anymore

Is it wrong that it offends me more when I see female pawns dressed up practically nude walking around in my game?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I changed from Assassin to Mystic Knight. Went from doing pitiful damage with daggers to wrecking stuff with that cannon. Not to mention I can now enchant myself whenever I want with whatever element I want. Plus you can also have a second element on top of the one you enchanted, which I believe is exclusive to this vocation. Really nice!

Are you talking about Abyssal Anguish? That spell is so awesome. I don't understand how I never hear anybody talk about it. It almost feels like it makes every weapon swing hit twice, especially when I'm mounted on an enemy. It actually makes your swings do so much damage. I melted the gorecyclops when I used it against him.

Also haven't tried it yet, but read this on the wiki:

"If an upgraded Rusted Magick Shield is used to incant this spell, the shield's effects transfer to the primary weapon used, allowing standard attacks with a powerful sword or mace to also debilitate with poison and or torpor. The shockwaves can also carry the debilitation."

Like, really?

quick question about starting NG+, playtrhough 1 endgame spoilers

okay so I'm a god now, I can become invisible... how do I progress to let the credits kick in? I exited but don't wanna click hard mode in case it resets me back to the start. Holy shit how I wish this game had more saveslots

I got this notice board quest to kill a griffon. I occasionally see one spawn in the overworld but it rarely stays long enough for me to kill let alone land near me at all. How do I get this bastard?

quick question about starting NG+, playtrhough 1 endgame spoilers

okay so I'm a god now, I can become invisible... how do I progress to let the credits kick in? I exited but don't wanna click hard mode in case it resets me back to the start. Holy shit how I wish this game had more saveslots

You have something in your inventory, use it.

Anyone in the mid 30s or less wanna rent my Sorcerer Pawn? His name is Hohenheim (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). He'll be dropping some meteors from the sky for ya. Utilitarian/Challenger inclinations with upgraded gear.

Steam: earvcunanan

TriAceJP

Anyone in the mid 30s or less wanna rent my Sorcerer Pawn? His name is Hohenheim (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). He'll be dropping some meteors from the sky for ya. Utilitarian/Challenger inclinations with upgraded gear.

Steam: earvcunanan

Sure, I'm in need of replacement anywho.

I'm using http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/9/? but knowing my hoarding in these types of games, I will be switching to the no weight and half stamina mod now (the one you linked).
I just finished a session with it and the no weight limit improves the game so much.

Like, holy crap, why didn't I decide to do this sooner. I mean, I'm all for playing it the way it was meant to be played, but this is my 4th time playing it so I'm all for a bit of modding.

Is there a way to keep playing even after beating the game in NG+? want to see if the ending is any different along with getting the achievement/gear for beating it in hard

Miker

First patch available: http://steamcommunity.com/games/367500/announcements/detail/711934997248161798
Patch #1 Release Notes
Added 1366x768 resolution support
Game should no longer have intermittent controller device detection issues when multiple devices are plugged in. This should address some of the stutter and input issues reported by users including spell/charge attacks not releasing, character ceasing to run etc.
Lantern binding issue - When full lantern becomes half-full, it will still be bound to the hotkey. (previously "half full" and "empty" were treated as separate inventory items)
Cursed King's Belt - equipping this item on a male character will no longer crash the game
Adjusted audio levels – addressed the ‘audio too low’ issue some users encountered
VSync set to OFF by default
DirectInput controller adjustments:
Deadzone for each pad is now stored and configurable via config.ini
DualShock 4 on PC will now have the same deadzone sensitivity as on PS4
Other DirectInput gamepads will also have a much tighter deadzone as well (the same accuracy/sensitivity as on X360 gamepad)
Game logo in Photo Mode – removed artifact on the right edge of the logo watermark.
Refresh rate settings – the game will now properly detect the refresh rate set in config.ini
Key bindings – mapped “0” as the 'center camera' button.
End game credits crashing the game for some users – while this issue could not be reproduced, some changes have been made which should help reduce or eliminate the issue.

Note: the team is still looking into the 5.1/7.1 audio popping/crackling issue that some users have reported. Please stay tuned for a future update.

EDIT: Sorry if this is old, it just showed up on my Steam community announcements.

Exentryk

Are you talking about Abyssal Anguish? That spell is so awesome. I don't understand how I never hear anybody talk about it. It almost feels like it makes every weapon swing hit twice, especially when I'm mounted on an enemy. It actually makes your swings do so much damage. I melted the gorecyclops when I used it against him.

Also haven't tried it yet, but read this on the wiki:

"If an upgraded Rusted Magick Shield is used to incant this spell, the shield's effects transfer to the primary weapon used, allowing standard attacks with a powerful sword or mace to also debilitate with poison and or torpor. The shockwaves can also carry the debilitation."

Like, really?

Yeah! Such an awesome enchantment! I am yet to buy that Rusted Shield, so that will be next on my list. I am still trying out various vocations, but I have the feeling that Mystic Knights will be one I stick with in the end.

Ninian

Neo Member
I got this notice board quest to kill a griffon. I occasionally see one spawn in the overworld but it rarely stays long enough for me to kill let alone land near me at all. How do I get this bastard?

Do the quest Griffin's Bane given by Aldous, I believe and you'll get your kill.

Exentryk

Made a little stat comparison for different builds. Not that I'm going to follow any routes as I'd much rather experience all the different vocations, but they'll be a handy reference for when I decide on a build (at level 200 or whatever) so I can mod the stats.

The stats below are without any equipment or augments.

Perfect blocking the Ur-Dragon is one of the best feelings, holy shit. Mystic Knight is just so, so good.

One of my favorite fights in the game was against the first cursed dragon in BBI, as a mystic knight, way under-leveled and almost out of healing items. The only way I could stay alive and still be close enough to the weak point to damage it was to perfect block everything that came my way. It felt like Dark Souls for a second.

Same. Mage, sorceror, can't stand em. Getting knocked about while trying to cast spells is a pawn's job if you ask me. I don't even like magic archer. People keep saying how OP it is in BBI, I just don't see it. Ricochet is alright if you're in a hallway I guess. That's about it. Anywhere else it sucks. Fighting dragons as MA sucks royally.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I think it's a Bad Class. Even if they're good I still think they're boring as hell. Ironically I like their dagger skills way more. Immolation and Grand Scension are rad. That's about it tho.

Nope, no weapon buff even. I ditched my sorceror, now rolling with a fighter, a ranger and another Strider. I just run past all the Living Armors haha.
You definitely must be doing it wrong with Magick archer.

MA destroys dragonkin. Ninefold bolt completely rips drakes to shreds, immolation/sapfire daggers/sunflare makes very short work of wyrms, wyverns don't have an easy immediate answer but are easily dealt with with by any class with daggers, the bow makes knocking them down easy.

Pls tell you have Ninefold bolt though, it's right below tenfold flurry of being one of the most broken skill in the game cause of how powerful and easily spammable it is, especially in BBI with many enemies weak to ice.

Magick rebalancer is a skill some people forget about, cast it 4 times before a fight to boost your Magick the same way 4 demon/angel periapts would.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
For a first-time player, would infinite carry weight and no stamina drain for sprinting break the game, or should I just go with a half stamina drain only mod?
Infinite weight, yes, totally game-breaking. Half stamina drain or even no drain for running seems relatively OK, though I would encourage keeping it at half at least. Some "oh shit" moments can be nullified completely otherwise.

People keep saying how OP it is in BBI, I just don't see it. Ricochet is alright if you're in a hallway I guess. That's about it. Anywhere else it sucks. Fighting dragons as MA sucks royally.
Whaaaaaat

I don't even want to fight dragons as anything but MA lol... they're just too good.

You definitely must be doing it wrong with Magick archer.

MA destroys dragonkin. Ninefold bolt completely rips drakes to shreds, immolation/sapfire daggers/sunflare makes very short work of wyrms, wyverns don't have an easy immediate answer but are easily dealt with with by any class with daggers, the bow makes knocking them down easy.

Pls tell you have Ninefold bolt though, it's right below tenfold flurry of being one of the most broken skill in the game cause of how powerful and easily spammable it is, especially in BBI with many enemies weak to ice.

Magick rebalancer is a skill some people forget about, cast it 4 times before a fight to boost your Magick the same way 4 demon/angel periapts would.
Finally the voice of reason. xD

Ricochet Hunter annihilates Garms, Eliminators, Elder Ogres and other enemies in the tight corridors of BBI.
Ninefold bolt destroys drakes as you said.
Immolation and sunflare also destroy wyrms, but I'll add Explosive rivets too, especially against Cursed Dragons.
Wyverns are not a big problem either. I got a Thunderwyvern in the Living Armour room the other day and just constantly switched between torpor'ing it with rusted daggers (attacking its heart where I just shot explosive rivets on of course xD) and spamming bow skills to knock it down.

The only thing magick archer is useless against is the Metal Golem. If you're solo'ing it, you're a bit SOL unless you can use the golem as a platform to jump on the stupid medal, but hopefully you'll have an archer pawn to take care of it. There are no Metal Golems in BBI though so who cares?

I could see the argument that MA is "boring" because it's "too good", I guess, but that wasn't what was being said so...

Ullus

Would this make a decent Strider pawn?

Downpour Volley
Mighty Bend
Hundred Kisses
Rusted Bow
Golden Daggers
Challenger/Scather

Sarcasm

Put that gif in a spoiler tag and names in spoiler tags.

I've told you before: this is not a new bug, it was there from the begining. They're looking into it and will fix it with the next patch.
I can tell you that some gear is more likely to trigger that than other, cloth based gear is safe while some heavy armors will trigger it due to the mail soundfx not playing properly. The mace sfx may also trigger it.

Maybe since they up'd the audio I can hear it but before I never did =S

Overside

Banned
I could see the argument that MA is "boring" because it's "too good", I guess, but that wasn't what was being said so...

Wuzzat, who's talking bout whats in my head now?

Oh. Yeah, yeah that's pretty much why I don't like ma that much. Not just too good, but too good and too easy to do.

But fuck if it doesn't look cool.

Top Bottom