• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Saw that earlier today. Looks fantastic. I was waiting to get this when a really nice ENB caught my eye, so this may be it.

Looking it closely, I think there's a grain filter on it.
I'll look for a way to turn it off if possible.

So I use a liftstone to get to the start of BBI, but is there any way to get me back to where I ported from or no?

Isn't the lady there near the quest board?
Use a ferrystone if possible, or load the previous checkpoint.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
How am I supposed to beat death if he keeps running away?
Are you pre or post
Daimon
?

If pre,
he will respawn consistently in the Bloodless Stockade. If you kill the Elder Ogre and other mobs there, and just enter the Sparyard of Scant Mercy and come back he'll respawn, so you can fight him over and over until he goes down. There's also a quick Riftstone in the Sparyard if you want to use pawns, though I usually just picked up my main pawn since they died so fast anyway (and if you don't use pawns and use the Assassin Autonomy augment that can help with Death going down faster)

If post, you can get him to spawn consistently in this method:
Garden of Ignominy, the first room of BBI; if you see Saurian enemies you're good. Defeat them all, including in the yard below, save, then drop a rancid bait meat. Death will appear. If you see goblins, exit to the entrance and come back (otherwise the rancid meat will make a Garm appear instead of Death). Usually going to another zone and returning to the Garden will make Death re-appear at least once.

Here are some steps I found on youtube:

1. Kill all of the enemies
2. Save
3. Godsbane kill yourself
4. Dont' use wakestone - Retry game
5. Use Rancid Bait
6. Leave area after death encounter
7. Repeat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOCXVZu5fYk

Not sure why step 3 is there though, I don't remember needing to to that, but I'd use it if step 5 didn't do anything.

silva1991

Are you pre or post
Daimon
?

If pre,
he will respawn consistently in the Bloodless Stockade. If you kill the Elder Ogre and other mobs there, and just enter the Sparyard of Scant Mercy and come back he'll respawn, so you can fight him over and over until he goes down. There's also a quick Riftstone in the Sparyard if you want to use pawns, though I usually just picked up my main pawn since they died so fast anyway (and if you don't use pawns and use the Assassin Autonomy augment that can help with Death going down faster)

If post, you can get him to spawn consistently in this method:
Garden of Ignominy, the first room of BBI; if you see Saurian enemies you're good. Defeat them all, including in the yard below, save, then drop a rancid bait meat. Death will appear. If you see goblins, exit to the entrance and come back (otherwise the rancid meat will make a Garm appear instead of Death). Usually going to another zone and returning to the Garden will make Death re-appear at least once.

Here are some steps I found on youtube:

1. Kill all of the enemies
2. Save
3. Godsbane kill yourself
4. Dont' use wakestone - Retry game
5. Use Rancid Bait
6. Leave area after death encounter
7. Repeat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOCXVZu5fYk

Not sure why step 3 is there though, I don't remember needing to to that, but I'd use it if step 5 didn't do anything.

Thanx

got plenty of rancid meat in storage

besides one shoting the pawns he doesn't seem hard at all.

Isn't there supposed to be a cursed dragon on the first floor of the Pilgrim's Gauntlet?

It's not there for me. What the hell. I wanted to try and get some stuff dragon forged.

Ogawa-san

Isn't there supposed to be a cursed dragon on the first floor of the Pilgrim's Gauntlet?

It's not there for me. What the hell. I wanted to try and get some stuff dragon forged.
Kill the dark bishop again, you can get there in 30s and if it's not there all you gotta do is sleep 3~5 nights at some inn. It's probably the fastest way to dragonforge stuff.

Kill the dark bishop again, you can get there in 30s and if it's not there all you gotta do is sleep 3~5 nights at some inn. It's probably the fastest way to dragonforge stuff.

Thanks for that!

Are cursed dragon's immune to torpor? I'd imagine not. It was strange, my ranger pawn usually goes ham on everything with thousand kisses spam to inflict torpor but did nothing on the cursed dragon.

Fight was tougher then expected. I knew having a scather sorceror in the party would bite me in the ass. No more fashion's Dogma for me.

Holy crap. I went through a fresh Bitterblack run as a Magick Archer. Ricochet Hunter in the Bloodless Stockade sewer looorrd.

I killed Death and I had a special guest show up. I don't even know what the fuck it was because it came up behind a corner somewhere and died instantly. Also completely obliterated that chained Gorecyclops with Flameshroud. Jumped on its face and it melted like some fucking mozzarella cheese son

Ogawa-san

MA in BBI in a nutshell:

Hear something down the hall
Ricochet Hunter
No idea what just died, other than the fact it had multiple health bars 20s ago

c0Zm1c

And the game keeps crashing randomly for me even after the patch. I don't know what it could possibly be anymore. I even reinstalled my OS. Also, my hardware is pretty commom (GTX 970, i7 2700k, Windows 10 64-bit).

Things that I already ruled out because it crashes either way:
- Big Picture Mode on or OFF;
- Steam Controller and Xbox One Controller;
- GeDoSaTo;
- Window mode and fullscreen;
- FOV;
- Second monitor disabled or enabled;
- Not running any background software like MSI Afterburner, fraps, shadowplay, antivirus, etc.
- Steam Overlay enabled and disabled.
- No overclock whatsover;
- It's running on a less than a year old SSD where I also run other games;
- Tried stress software in both my GPU and CPU and they are stable.

I dreamed about this port for years, and now I can't even enjoy it. And it probably won't be patched because it doesn't seem to be widespread. If anyone has any other idea, please tell me.

Could you try installing the game to a different drive?

Lanrutcon

Would this make a decent Strider pawn?

Downpour Volley
Mighty Bend
Hundred Kisses
Rusted Bow
Golden Daggers
Challenger/Scather

Consider adding Fracture Dart. It's stupid hard to use as a human, but the AI can do some awesome stuff with it. Just teach your pawn to use it first.

How am I supposed to beat death if he keeps running away?

Knock his ass down and keep doing so. Rangers, Striders and Magic Archers are very good at farming him.

I got this notice board quest to kill a griffon. I occasionally see one spawn in the overworld but it rarely stays long enough for me to kill let alone land near me at all. How do I get this bastard?

There will be a chance to kill one during the main story, and that will count for this quest.

Hopeford

Gonna get started with the game now...question before I start:

Is there parrying in this game? If so, how viable is it? I ask because I love parrying everything that moves in pretty much all games possible so I was wondering how viable(if at all) that was in this game.

Sectus

Gonna get started with the game now...question before I start:

Is there parrying in this game? If so, how viable is it? I ask because I love parrying everything that moves in pretty much all games possible so I was wondering how viable(if at all) that was in this game.

It is extremely viable, and you have different kinds of parries. Any class with a shield can perfect block which stuns and hurts the opponent, but requires very good timing. Fighter has the "hindsight sweep" skill which evades and counter attacks, and becomes much more powerful if timed as an enemy is about to hit you. And the Assassin class has 2 parry skills which does a ridiculous amount of damage if it connects with an enemy attack.

Hopeford

It is extremely viable, and you have different kinds of parries. Any class with a shield can perfect block which stuns and hurts the opponent, but requires very good timing. Fighter has the "hindsight sweep" skill which evades and counter attacks, and becomes much more powerful if timed as an enemy is about to hit you. And the Assassin class has 2 parry skills which does a ridiculous amount of damage if it connects with an enemy attack.

That sounds awesome, thank you. Gonna go play the game right now.

I just started BBI, and its been fun. It reminds me of Dark Souls.
I just beat an eliminator and I'm at the second locked door. I almost killed an elder ogre on the way, but it grabbed me and chewed me out lol. They are tanky as hell.
I'm lvl 75 and my gear sucks. I've only gotten a few pieces of loot so far.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ugh. Got a BBI armor level 3 from the Midnight Helix, but it gave me a stupid Carrion Veil (or Hood of Oblivion/Hellfire Helm). I hate those things, and I can't even use them for that stupid Trappings of Evil quest (since it wants the lesser "of Shadow/Grave/Sinner" version).

Anyone wants to trade me a level 3 armor they also don't want? If gifted, it will "reset" whatever it is, so you won't necessarily get the helmet on your end.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What does ENB even stand for? I still think people posting ENB screenshots are trolling. I haven't seen a single screen shot that looks different than the vanilla game.

Lanrutcon

Ugh. Got a BBI armor level 3 from the Midnight Helix, but it gave me a stupid Carrion Veil (or Hood of Oblivion/Hellfire Helm). I hate those things, and I can't even use them for that stupid Trappings of Evil quest (since it wants the lesser "of Shadow/Grave/Sinner" version).

Anyone wants to trade me a level 3 armor they also don't want? If gifted, it will "reset" whatever it is, so you won't necessarily get the helmet on your end.

What's your pawn called? I got level 3 armor for days.

c0Zm1c

What does ENB even stand for? I still think people posting ENB screenshots are trolling. I haven't seen a single screen shot that looks different than the vanilla game.

I'm playing vanilla and the ENB screenshots I'm seeing look hugely different. Whether it's better is another story though. There's way too much bloom and blur for my liking. If I was going to use an injector I think all I would add is AO and a little colour enhancement.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

You can tell the difference. If it's a soft-focus, bloomy nightmare mess, it's an ENB shot.

Sanctuary

Their inclinations probably having them do different things than what they're saying. They're most likely trying to do that thing, but are then easily distracted by an inclination instead.

You might think that, but they were all Scather/Mitigator or Mitigator/Challenger.

In other news, the Warrior in general sucks, compared to every other vocation. Except in one area: dragonslaying. I had no idea how ridiculously overpowered their jumping attacks were, and you can pretty much hit the heart of any drake or cursed dragon by simply doing a jumping attack from pretty much anywhere within a few feet of it, even clipping through its back and hitting it multiple times. Then, when it falls to the ground, you can pretty much take 3-5 bars of health in one focused swing.

Were you using a magic bow from BBI? There was a bit of a gap in MA bows until the new BBI drops came. As a result in vanilla Dogma (or with vanilla Dogma weapons) MAs were underpowered, but when Dark Arisen hit suddenly MAs wrecked shop with BBI weapons.

Actually, you can get a really good magic bow before BBI, depending on what order you want to do it. If you at least reach
post game first, as a MA, Grigori will drop a good bow that can actually see you through all of BBI alone.
If you want to dive into BBI before then though, good luck. Good luck as any vocation really since it's not designed for level 30s - 40s anyway. What makes the MA so good though isn't just the weapon. It's enemy resistances and lots of hallways for Ricochet Hunter. Many enemies are weak to ice and lightning, which end up being the elements of two of the MA's best attacks.

Lanrutcon

Alright, reckon I should add Helm Splitter, or is it better to just focus on kisses?

I add splitter. Pawns love using it against giant undead, Bishop, etc. I believe you have to be a Strider and show your pawn how to apply these moves first, and then they'll dot it.

It also allows your Pawn to solo Hydras.

silva1991

I beat Daimon second form 3-4 times with as a ranger, but now I'm struggling as a warrior

every time I climb he casts thunder and it knocks me off.

and if it's not his lightning spell then he will knock me with his fire aoe :/

I beat Daimon second form 3-4 times with as a ranger, but now I'm struggling as a warrior

every time I climb he casts thunder and it knocks me off.

and if it's not his lightning spell then he will knock me with his fire aoe :/
if youre farming for armor and weapons, you'd honestly be better off sticking to ranger for the kill and switching vocations when you purify the equipment.

Ullus

I add splitter. Pawns love using it against giant undead, Bishop, etc. I believe you have to be a Strider and show your pawn how to apply these moves first, and then they'll dot it.

It also allows your Pawn to solo Hydras.

Sounds fun, about to enter NG+, so will probably play Strider for a bit.

God damn you Bitterblack gear. Haven't found one useful skill upgrade. No Ninefold or Thousand kisses. Every single one of them is Dire Arrow

Top Bottom