• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Is Solar Providence worth buying for 382k gold or should I get a cheaper archistaff and just hope for a better drop. My main class nor my main pawn class is gonna be a sorcerer, just going through to get augments and check it out.

find out which chamber on the everfall it drops, save, then open it, if it's not the staff just kill yourself with you know what, and try again till it does.

Khronico

Is it best to use a sword or daggers with the Assassin class? I've been using a sword but some of these daggers skills seem pretty great, do daggers put out enough damage to make them worthwhile?

Aside from gouge and a few others, sword is outclassed by daggers in the assassin vocation. Not only do you get godlike moves like thousand kisses and instant reset, you get vastly increased mobility with the double jump and dodge roll. It's hard to go back to other melee weapon types after daggers.

Aside from gouge and a few others, sword is outclassed by daggers in the assassin vocation. Not only do you get godlike moves like thousand kisses and instant reset, you get vastly increased mobility with the double jump and dodge roll. It's hard to go back to other melee weapon types after daggers.

Well that sold me, gonna give it a go, thanks!

Lanrutcon

Yeah that was the one that made me question if I should be using daggers.

Assassins have Dire Gauge or something like that. That and Thousand Kisses are pretty much the same. You climb on the enemy, head to the weakspot and spam your attack of choice.

I believe Gale Harnass works with Thousand Kisses, so there's that.

find out which chamber on the everfall it drops, save, then open it, if it's not the staff just kill yourself with you know what, and try again till it does.

not in to exploiting but it seems pretty steep for a staff that doesn't even seem to be the best in the game right? if it was I'd go for it but as is I'll just get a much cheaper one

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Immolation is such a fun skill to use. The sheer terror in its eyes, haha. (Should have installed the watermark removal mod before taking this...)

367500_2016-01-27_00001.png

Also, I'm sorry Morrigan and Elizabeth got petrified. The automatic all 3 star rating is a dumb ass feature.

Lime

Damn I must say that it's amazing to play again in high resolution with all kinds of mods and graphical features. The smooth combat animations that just look superb, the cool armor designs that allow for some bad-ass combinations, climbing mini-bosses, and so on. It's just such an experience you can't get anywhere else in a RPG.

ike_

Grand Scension is seriously underrated. It can juggle a lot of stuff, like skeleton lords and poisoned undead.

You were not joking.

XMKUm93.gif

I'm just trying out Magick Archer for the first time but Grand Scension has certainly proven useful. Some amazing stagger.

ParityBit

So I have another pawn question. I logged into the rift and I see a bunch of pawns. If I hire some and log out, will they still be in my party when I return? Or do I have to go through the process every time?

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
So I have another pawn question. I logged into the rift and I see a bunch of pawns. If I hire some and log out, will they still be in my party when I return? Or do I have to go through the process every time?

Pawns will stay at your side until you release them (or they die via drowning or petrification).

Vuze

Yeah, enlist them and they will stick with you until you let them die or delist them.

You were not joking.

XMKUm93.gif

I'm just trying out Magick Archer for the first time but Grand Scension has certainly proven useful. Some amazing stagger.
the charge time is really high though for being a close quarters magical attack

er wait maybe i was just thinking of the base rank cause that gif looks a lot more damaging than anything I used

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Those skills look fun but I can't let go of the Ninefold Bolt/Ricochet Hunter/Explosive Rivet trifecta....

Honestly skills that work well against normal mobs are not that helpful in late-game, I want boss nukes. :p

Miker

For a first-time player, would infinite carry weight and no stamina drain for sprinting break the game, or should I just go with a half stamina drain only mod?

Unai

And the game keeps crashing randomly for me even after the patch. I don't know what it could possibly be anymore. I even reinstalled my OS. Also, my hardware is pretty commom (GTX 970, i7 2700k, Windows 10 64-bit).

Things that I already ruled out because it crashes either way:
- Big Picture Mode on or OFF;
- Steam Controller and Xbox One Controller;
- GeDoSaTo;
- Window mode and fullscreen;
- FOV;
- Second monitor disabled or enabled;
- Not running any background software like MSI Afterburner, fraps, shadowplay, antivirus, etc.
- Steam Overlay enabled and disabled.
- No overclock whatsover;
- It's running on a less than a year old SSD where I also run other games;
- Tried stress software in both my GPU and CPU and they are stable.

I dreamed about this port for years, and now I can't even enjoy it. And it probably won't be patched because it doesn't seem to be widespread. If anyone has any other idea, please tell me.

I figured out why all the pawns I rent are crap at infinity. They are offline characters.

I am set to online and I can rent my friends pawns fine but all the rest that show up randomly are offline scrubs.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks!

Is it bad to have over powered pawns?

You'll get 1% less experience for every level a pawn is higher than you, up to -25% per pawn. The same is true for the opposite, so a lower level pawn grants you extra experience. If you hire two high level pawns, you'll therefore get 50% less experience.

jonjonaug

I figured out why all the pawns I rent are crap at infinity. They are offline characters.

I am set to online and I can rent my friends pawns fine but all the rest that show up randomly are offline scrubs.

A lot of the ones online are crap at infinity too. I think people are using cheat engine or something to get a bunch of XP but their equipment sucks so they're not much better than properly equipped pawns at around level 50-60.

You'll get 1% less experience for every level a pawn is higher than you, up to -25% per pawn. The same is true for the opposite, so a lower level pawn grants you extra experience. If you hire two high level pawns, you'll therefore get 50% less experience.

This is really useful at higher levels too in NG+ and beyond, since there's much less difference in power per level between levels 100-200. If you're level 125+ and want to level up faster you just need to hire some lower level, but still powerful, Pawns.

For a first-time player, would infinite carry weight and no stamina drain for sprinting break the game, or should I just go with a half stamina drain only mod?

The stamina and weight systems are finely balanced as-is. Don't go messing with them unless you just want to make the game really easy.

The stamina system is there to test our resource management, you're not supposed to run around Gransys and attack an enemy on sight. Carry weight is also related to augments management. By eliminating carry weight, you don't have to worry about certain augment(s) that increase it.

It's somewhat cheating imho, but I don't judge people who do.

Been farming the third strata post Daimon and it ain't dropping.

Son of a bitch.
If you're intent on gold-forging a good amount of equipment, I hope you have spare Moonshimmer and Ironblack pelts. Those two, and the All-Mother Idol are very hard to acquire post-D.

And if anyone is wondering what a Blood-red Crystal is and how to get it:
you have to let a Strigoi suck your blood, then kill it, only then does it have a chance to drop one.

That one took me forever to figure out.

Miker

The stamina system is there to test our resource management, you're not supposed to run around Gransys and attack an enemy on sight. Carry weight is also related to augments management. By eliminating carry weight, you don't have to worry about certain augment(s) that increase it.

It's somewhat cheating imho, but I don't judge people who do.

Go with neither imo, but if you had to I'd say half stamina.

Thanks, half stamina it is.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit Brain Splitter is ridiculously strong. I've never had an easier time dealing with the goddamn great fire drakes before the Forgotten City and Daimon v2 than with this skill (barring blast arrows of course). I made fucking MINCEMEAT of Daimon.

giphy.gif

That's almost 2 whole bars in 1 move.

For those curious this is with maxed Framae Blades, the 2 strength augments, Bloodlust, and Eminence.

Phaenos

Has anyone else experienced weird behavior with their arisen since the patch?

Mine appears to be pretty broken in a game-breaking way. I'm not using any mods for the game, it's pure vanilla. Here's a sampling of some of the issues I'm experiencing:

-I no longer can trade any items from my pawns to my arisen. When I attempt to trade, my Arisen's name is greyed out for no reason. I'm not encumbered.
-I can't add oil to my lantern, regardless of who's carrying the oil.
-I can't withdraw items from my storage using my arisen. I can remove items using any of my pawns, however.
-I can't enhance any equipment my Arisen is carrying. Pawn equipment will enhance fine. If I give one my arisen's items to my pawn to enhance, it works. However, because of issue #1, I can't trade the item back.
-I can't combine any items if the source item is in my Arisen's inventory.

Am I missing something obvious? I can't seem to fix this. I've tried restarting the game multiple times in both online and offline mode. I'm concerned that the patch may have corrupted my save file somehow. Am I going to have to start over?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

IMO get rid of stamina drain on sprint and carry weight. They don't add anything but tedium. Especially late game when you're dungeon crawling and you're overburdened the whole time, all it adds is more tedious inventory management, moving stuff between yourself and pawns. It's just meaningless busywork. I started enjoying the game a lot more once I felt free to move (default run speed is so gd slow) and I didn't have to deal with so much inventory crap.

Some will obviously disagree, but I'm just saying if you find that stuff getting in the way of your enjoyment, get rid of it. Who cares?

Also if you wanna see how OP skullsplitter is I just uploaded my daimon fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_AwtgBsaYM&feature=youtu.be

still encoding so it's low resolution for now

Is that without periapts? I've been seeing that skull splitter is ridiculously strong

No consumables other than some harspud for stamina. I don't think I even got hit at all.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've played a mage for one hour and I never want to be a mage again...

Same. Mage, sorceror, can't stand em. Getting knocked about while trying to cast spells is a pawn's job if you ask me. I don't even like magic archer. People keep saying how OP it is in BBI, I just don't see it. Ricochet is alright if you're in a hallway I guess. That's about it. Anywhere else it sucks. Fighting dragons as MA sucks royally.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I think it's a Bad Class. Even if they're good I still think they're boring as hell. Ironically I like their dagger skills way more. Immolation and Grand Scension are rad. That's about it tho.

Damn. No holy buff either

Nope, no weapon buff even. I ditched my sorceror, now rolling with a fighter, a ranger and another Strider. I just run past all the Living Armors haha.

Same. Mage, sorceror, can't stand em. Getting knocked about while trying to cast spells is a pawn's job if you ask me. I don't even like magic archer. People keep saying how OP it is in BBI, I just don't see it. Ricochet is alright if you're in a hallway I guess. That's about it. Anywhere else it sucks. Fighting dragons as MA sucks royally.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I think it's a Bad Class. Even if they're good I still think they're boring as hell. Ironically I like their dagger skills way more. Immolation and Grand Scension are rad. That's about it tho.

Were you using a magic bow from BBI? There was a bit of a gap in MA bows until the new BBI drops came. As a result in vanilla Dogma (or with vanilla Dogma weapons) MAs were underpowered, but when Dark Arisen hit suddenly MAs wrecked shop with BBI weapons.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
IMO get rid of stamina drain on sprint and carry weight. They don't add anything but tedium. Especially late game when you're dungeon crawling and you're overburdened the whole time, all it adds is more tedious inventory management, moving stuff between yourself and pawns. It's just meaningless busywork. I started enjoying the game a lot more once I felt free to move (default run speed is so gd slow) and I didn't have to deal with so much inventory crap.

I completely agree, I've modded out stamina drain and carry weight after a few hours of playing the game and I've never looked back. I don't want to waste my time with inventory management or slow running speed. This way I can simply enjoy the great parts of the game without the nuisances. In my opinion, limited carry weight is just bad game design. Limited equipment weight on the other hand would be just fine.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna see how op thousand kisses+gale harness is.

Oh yeah that's really something. If Assassin had Skull Splitter that would be my class right now.

Were you using a magic bow from BBI? There was a bit of a gap in MA bows until the new BBI drops came. As a result in vanilla Dogma (or with vanilla Dogma weapons) MAs were underpowered, but when Dark Arisen hit suddenly MAs wrecked shop with BBI weapons.

Yeah I was using the rank 3 BBI Magic Bow, I was still really underwhelmed.

Wish I could get that rank 3 shortbow though, it continues to elude me. Have just about all the other rank 3 weapons except the warrior's blunt weapon I think.

Top Bottom