• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Khilandros

wish I had lots of gold, I'm around level 17 and selling any junk item I can find,just to barely buy an upgrade or enchant.

I get most of my gold from sour steaks, but is there any better way to make money at low level?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's really not fun at all. I barely get to use my daggers because their damage pales in comparison to the bow, and the enemies are so stupid that they don't even engage me, like having 3 pawns just actively makes the game much worse. Feels like I might as well switch class.

You should try sword Assassin. Great Windmill, Dire Gouge and Clairvoyance are all fantastic. Full Moon Slash is good too.

Prismo

Neo Member
To those of you using the Rudy ENB, what kind of performance are you getting?

I've got a 980 but at 1440p it was giving me less than 60fps with the Vanilla ENB preset. Wondering if the Rudy one is more or less of a hit. If I can hit 70-80 fps at 1440p, then I don't have to worry about fights dropping the framerate too low.

I'm on a 290 but I only play at 1080p capped at 60, so it is rare for an enb to make any kind blip, that being said, Rudy definitely seems like one of the more performance friendly ones just from what it utilises.

wish I had lots of gold, I'm around level 17 and selling any junk item I can find,just to barely buy an upgrade or enchant.

I get most of my gold from sour steaks, but is there any better way to make money at low level?

Don't worry about upgrading weapons at lv 17, you will find much better ones along the way.
save your money for a while and if you do upgrade is better to upgrade on armor you really like and think you will use for a while.There is really no easy way to earn cash quickly when you're just staring the game, I heard people make some nice money by selling the monocle in your inventory.Money farm is best when selling weak stones, but that wont till much later in the game.pro tip:save your rift crystals never hire pawns that charge you rift crystals, you will need them later.

The best daggers available to buy in the shop have a permanent ice enchant.... what happens when facing enemies resistant to ice though? I feel like it's more convenient to have physical weapons and then enchant them.

Ogawa-san

The best daggers available to buy in the shop have a permanent ice enchant.... what happens when facing enemies resistant to ice though? I feel like it's more convenient to have physical weapons and then enchant them.
Carry an extra pair of daggers just in case and switch as needed. You'll be doing that for a while, BBI lv2 daggers are fire-enchanted for example.

Ferr986

Didn't really get the first time that (ending spoilers)
you pretty much fuck up the world by killing yourself.

I mean, suposedly the world is moving thanks to the will of life of the Seneschal, so no Seneschal = shits going down, right?

Well, now, off to BBI.

Vitanimus

what's the recommended level for the condemned gorecyclops? I'm like level 59 and I'm getting s t o m p e d

but I can't be bothered grinding in everfall. should I just move past the boss or keep trying?

silva1991

0d3bZCp.jpg

That's the best magic bow?

giphy.gif

Man, I am really enjoying my time with this game. I "beat" the game once and started a new game. Now I am exploring BBI some in between doing some quests and things I missed the first time through. That first huge guy chained to the wall I ran across in BBI kicked my face in though. Do all chests there have a chance of dropping cursed items or is it only certain ones? I found three cursed novelties so far but that's been it. Love the look and feel of BBI as well. Oh, and I ran across
Death
and nope.gif'd right on out of there, lol.

Steel

Banned
Yup. You can also hit Start + Select to save faster. ^^

I should get the OP edited with those. LOL

Edit: oh shit Grief is banned! :(

Yeah learned the quicksave thing from this very thread earlier. Damn, and I played the OG DD on X360 and DDDA on PS3 too.

Weapons with enchantments built in can be enchanted. So if you have a pair of ice daggers and your mage throws you a fire enchant, it'll become fire. The only problem comes up when your mage sucks at actually enchanting your weapon.

what's the recommended level for the condemned gorecyclops? I'm like level 59 and I'm getting s t o m p e d

but I can't be bothered grinding in everfall. should I just move past the boss or keep trying?
Its recommended to have some bb equipment before taking on the condemned cyclops. I tried at level 58 and barely did anything, literally. Hundred kisses on his head barely moved his hp bar at all. He swipes me with his fist and I'm dead. Save yourself a lot of time and move on. Come back later with bb lvl 1 or 2 weapons and you can then take it on.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
^ I had that bow on the PS3. I will get it again. Fuck everything else. :D

Yeah learned the quicksave thing from this very thread earlier. Damn, and I played the OG DD on X360 and DDDA on PS3 too.
I think I remembered those features. I vaguely remember playing on PS3 for a long time and realizing these two shortcuts way later. Then, restarting on PC I didn't remember them until, again, way later. >_<

Weapons with enchantments built in can be enchanted. So if you have a pair of ice daggers and your mage throws you a fire enchant, it'll become fire. The only problem comes up when your mage sucks at actually enchanting your weapon.
lol, I hate when I'm like fuck yeah, Gorecyclops I'm gonna fuck you up with my ice-enchanted mace, and then... pawn gives me holy boon. AFDSGDFG

Is there any way to avoid that? I don't think it's the bestiary knowledge as they'd still cast ice spells on it, and I'd check my pawn chatter history (since it's off) and they say ice works well so they know that. I guess the pawns don't know the element of your equipped weapon though...

Ryne

I re-equipped your pawn for you.

Equipping high level gear on low lever characters makes them use a ton of stamina per swing, I think.

Cool, appreciated =)

I'll check it out once I save at an inn.

Currently being eaten by a chimera, as I'm getting older I'm getting worse at games

Cool, appreciated =)

Currently being eaten by a chimera, as I'm getting older I'm getting worse at games

There is actually a trick to fighting the chimera
first kill the snake part, than when it has about 1 health bar left kill the goat.
the worst thing you can do is deal with the lion only when he has tons of health.
Just watch out for the goat when he is about to cast spells, you will soon be able to read his next move tho.

Khilandros

Don't worry about upgrading weapons at lv 17, you will find much better ones along the way.
save your money for a while and if you do upgrade is better to upgrade on armor you really like and think you will use for a while.There is really no easy way to earn cash quickly when you're just staring the game, I heard people make some nice money by selling the monocle in your inventory.Money farm is best when selling weak stones, but that wont till much later in the game.pro tip:save your rift crystals never hire pawns that charge you rift crystals, you will need them later.

ah, cool and thanks for the info/advice.

Steel

Banned
lol, I hate when I'm like fuck yeah, Gorecyclops I'm gonna fuck you up with my ice-enchanted mace, and then... pawn gives me holy boon. AFDSGDFG

Is there any way to avoid that? I don't think it's the bestiary knowledge as they'd still cast ice spells on it, and I'd check my pawn chatter history (since it's off) and they say ice works well so they know that. I guess the pawns don't know the element of your equipped weapon though...

Haven't a clue, really. I've had a pawn that has knowledge of snow harpies and has a fire enchantment give me ice every time I run into one.

Haven't a clue, really. I've had a pawn that has knowledge of snow harpies and has a fire enchantment give me ice every time I run into one.

The amount of extra Magic you get from a buff is a function of the Base Magic stat of the caster.
This is added to you're Magic value, and replaces the element of the weapon with the element of the buff.
So as an example, if you had Scalding Razors, and buffed them with holy, they would then become more powerful overall than the original daggers, and be holy instead of fire.
And as another example, of you buff Scalding Razors with fire, you don't change the element, obviously, but you still add Magic damage based off of the base Magic stat of the caster. So your daggers will be more powerful, but still fire.

and if you really want to dig deep into the subject check this link

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/69461653
^
Conclusions:

1. Increasing the power of a buff from boon to affinity to pact increases its duration significantly (as previously noted).

2. Increasing the power of a buff from boon to affinity to pact only adds an additional 7% of added damage to the attack (ie a relatively trivial amount compared to the total damage).

3. The base MAG of the pawn applying the buff has an impact on the amount of damage added (a higher base MAG adds more damage).

4. The staff the pawn is using has no impact on the amount of damage added.

5. Magick-boosting augments on pawns bestowing a buff have no impact on the amount of damage added to your attack.

6. The base MAG of the recipient of the buff seems to also have an effect on the amount of damage added (with a higher base MAG, you receive a larger boost to damage, even when the buff is bestowed by a caster with lower MAG).

7. The staff the recipient of the buff is using has no effect on the amount of damage added.

8. Magick-boosting augments on the recipient of the buff are applied to the added damage portion after it has been calculated (ie the game calculates the same amount of added damage, then boosts it by 10% for attunement).

9. It is possible there is a cap on damage added (before any boost from augments is applied). Testing above shows this may be 144.5 added damage for an affinity, and 155 added damage for a pact.

Possible other things to look at:
1. Boost MAG further on the low level duo to see where any cap might lie.
2. Possibly add a min/maxed MAG pawn to show there's no further increase possible above the 144.5/155 ceiling.
3. Unlock acuity to confirm the data seen with attunement on the recipient of the buff.

Lanrutcon

Yes, at least 3 if I remember correctly

I should check

ah I see, is there some tip for farming BBI loot?

The wiki has detailed chest lists. As you progress, things drop easier and from more sources. Progress as far as you can, and then see which areas that you have access to have cool chests.

The first boss in BBI is very simple, btw.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Interesting.

One thing I'm still unclear after reading all that; you do lose the bonus elemental damage if you get a different buff right?

Like my Gorecyclops example. I was hitting it with an ice mace (with Mystic Knight). I also had this happen with an ice bow. Seemed to be doing pretty good damage. Then a mage pawn buffs me with holy affinity. And though your post suggests my weapon is still stronger, since it's no longer doing ice-based damage, the bonus that ice gets against that enemy seems to be lost, and I really had the impression that my hits took out a bit less of the enemy's HP bar, which is why it was so frustrating.

Lanrutcon

First time player, with a pure Warrior class ( Giant Sword lover ).
I will have trouble late game, bbi, etc?

It's not the easiest route, and yeah: some of BBI will be rough.

But you can just overlevel to ease up those sections a bit.

Edit: Clarification...I mean doing BBI as a Warrior. You can always switch to another class for BBI.

silva1991

What part of Daimon's second form should I hit to stagger him out of his vortex game over attack? first form's head ot his demonic abdomen?

Fasty

Damn. Are the shadows meant to be this black in the Rudy ENB? I seem to have this problem with every ENB I install. My brightness is set to 15 in this shot, which is way higher than I usually set it.

TwGb.jpg

Mokoi

Banned
Damn. Are the shadows meant to be this black in the Rudy ENB? I seem to have this problem with every ENB I install. My brightness is set to 15 in this shot, which is way higher than I usually set it.
in no world is are shadows meant to be that black. especially during day time. look awful.

shout out to that one person who rented my pawn. could finally afford the thing that lets you edit character.

Dinda

Try this ENB,
http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/88/?
It's my favorite preset to date, and it doesn't have those super dark day shadows a lot of other ENBs have.

Otherwise you can always change something in the Ambient lighting setting of the enb until it better fits your needs.

First time player, with a pure Warrior class ( Giant Sword lover ).
I will have trouble late game, bbi, etc?

I just finished BBI using exclusively the warrior, you will be fine. Just keep in mind what you can and can't do with it and hire pawns which can complement your skill set. I even tried with a 4 warriors party and don't remember having much trouble. (except some minor issues with flying enemies and such)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I just finished BBI using exclusively the warrior, you will be fine. Just keep in mind what you can and can't do with it and hire pawns which can complement your skill set. I even tried with a 4 warriors party and don't remember having much trouble. (except some minor issues with flying enemies and such)
How would you handle Living Armours and phantasm-type enemies with a party of 4 warriors?

Top Bottom