• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Prismo

Neo Member
Damn. Are the shadows meant to be this black in the Rudy ENB? I seem to have this problem with every ENB I install. My brightness is set to 15 in this shot, which is way higher than I usually set it.

TwGb.jpg

Ah, are you using the enb 299 version? Because I am and mine looks like this at 10 brightness...

Damn. Are the shadows meant to be this black in the Rudy ENB? I seem to have this problem with every ENB I install. My brightness is set to 15 in this shot, which is way higher than I usually set it.

TwGb.jpg

no absolutely no, i dont see it like that, do you have the correct ENB dll version? that could easily fuck things ups

he removed the black bars a few updates ago, download the newest version here

Changing the subject... some guy at residentevilmodding boards, found some lines to edit spawn sizes and spawn numbers.

Big monsters
9vxoBlc.jpg

Small monsters
tIkbJTY.jpg

More monsters
22JvVtf.jpg

Imagine a 2x drake or chimera!

Miker

Anteater

if you can replace enemies I guess the easiest way to make things interesting without a major revamp is to replace a few goblin spawns with different monsters since there's just generally a shitload of those guys around the map, hope they find the value on monster levels because just replacing a few goblins with higher level chimera or lower level Gorechimera would be dope :V

just got to the circlular arena thing in BBI with the
giant chained up cyclops.... am I actually supposed to be able to kill this thing yet or what

Ryan7556

Neo Member
if you can replace enemies I guess the easiest way to make things interesting without a major revamp is to replace a few goblin spawns with different monsters since there's just generally a shitload of those guys around the map, hope they find the value on monster levels because just replacing a few goblins with higher level chimera or lower level Gorechimera would be dope :V

It would be nice to see the world populated with more higher tiered enemies in places (e.g. having hydra encounters in the open world).

Haunted

silva1991

I farmed 10 lv weapons in a row and finally got all of em :D

the only weapon I'm interested in getting now is Grigori's warhammer just because it looks cool

just look it this thing

latest

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Random question that I forgot about: does
Death
get a defense buff post-
Daimon
or something? I took it down in the Bloodless Stockage pre-
Daimon
but when it spawned again in the Garden of Ignominy post-
Daimon
, I wasn't even scratching it. Different class but still...
Changing the subject... some guy at residentevilmodding boards, found some lines to edit spawn sizes and spawn numbers.

Big monsters
9vxoBlc.jpg
Ohh neat, I'd love to see a boss like that.
Small monsters
tIkbJTY.jpg
Awwww adorable!

More monsters
22JvVtf.jpg

Imagine a 2x drake or chimera!
Awesome. :)

I've come to the conclusion that Garms are the worst enemies in the game. Vile creatures.
Ricochet Hunter

OH man... I was just in BBI wandering around and
Death
showed up. Last time I just ran away so this time I figured I'd try and stick a few arrows in him.
I equipped blast arrows and my mage pawn enchanted my weapons with holy. Apparently with the ranger ten arrow skill and blast arrows you can stun him. I hit him once and he fell off the side of the bridge he was floating over and died. I got the achievement and gained three levels in the process but I missed out on anything he might have dropped, lol

Ok reinstalled Rudy from scratch and it's definitely an improvement! Still got the black bars though.
4xGb.jpg

press shift + enter

there would be the enb menu, on the right part there is a list, select effect, and go to the option called ---------------- Letterbox -----------------, there is a green checkmark at the right, click it and it will turn it off, save changes and enjoy.

or simply edit the file DDDA\enbseries\effect.txt.ini, search for

Code:
----------------  Letterbox  -----------------=true

change it to
Code:
----------------  Letterbox  -----------------=false

save the file and lauch the game.

EDIT: beaten

Man, stupid
Steffen
blew up the last third of the Griffin's health and then talks about how heroic he is. Probably one of the few times an NPC in a video game brags about how helpful they were actually did do something.

Man, stupid
Steffen
blew up the last third of the Griffin's health and then talks about how heroic he is. Probably one of the few times an NPC in a video game brags about how helpful they were actually did do something.
I five fold flurry that Griffin with blast arrows + 4x conquerer periapts. Griffin got grounded permanently.

It was going to be easy to kill it at that point, just that he did a tangible amount of damage and so his claim of helping wasn't entirely unjustified.

I always have fire enchantment on my pawn, so it's pretty easy to get the griffin out of the air with a bow. How do you knock them over as a warrior though?

xHiryu

That increased spawns mod looks solid, could make the game more interesting. I wish my GTX 680 could play DD with a solid ENB but it drops below 60. Anyways, at the post game and playing through the Everfall and after playing a bit of BBI, the everfall sucks lol.

Barely touched BBI though and now I'm leaning towards starting it completely and I think I'm a good level for it, level 65ish. Thanks to those who use Azura!

Also, to those who play an assassin, what equipment are ya using? I'm using the longsword and bow combo which seems to work nicely.

Fasty

Hit Shift+Enter go to effects in the right column and set letterbox to 0. Not sure why this was added in the latest version...

press shift + enter

there would be the enb menu, on the right part there is a list, select effect, and go to the option called ---------------- Letterbox -----------------, there is a green checkmark at the right, click it and it will turn it off, save changes and enjoy.

or simply edit the file DDDA\enbseries\effect.txt.ini, search for

Code:
----------------  Letterbox  -----------------=true

change it to
Code:
----------------  Letterbox  -----------------=false

save the file and lauch the game.

EDIT: beaten

Thanks!! Loving this ENB now!

Much less headache using this profile:
http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/35/

Smooth as silk performance, no color weirdness, no flickering shadows or weird modder decisions like this black bars thing. lol

Will give that a shot too, now that it all seems to be working. The Forged ENB and Ruby are my favourites for now though.

I'd like to play this game from start to finish with that 2-3x density mod but the guy said with 30 rats, only 10 were reacting. ;/ PROGRESS though!

Ullus

I wonder if people don't know what rust weapons does, my strider pawns been getting mediocre reviews since I equipped it with a rusted bow.

Hard mode in BBI is bullshit thanks to leapworms guard stripping, I've died in two shots to random grimgoblins :/

and it doesn't count as a physical or magickal debilitation so you can't even remove it via items

actually wait wtf is up with this goblin, it's a guy with a two handed sword that has an insane amount of hp and hits like a truck in the valley of defiled truth

Phionoxx

I wonder if people don't know what rust weapons does, my strider pawns been getting mediocre reviews since I equipped it with a rusted bow.

I've wondered about this too. I usually make it a point to go through and review a pawns equipment, skill set, and inclinations prior to hiring but not sure how everyone else does it. If people were to look at the weapon details they would see the debilitating effects, but who knows if people check that out or not.

Well I just lost like an hour of progress.

I went to turn in a quest for killing the Griffin and apparently you can't go into the castle at night as you get thrown in the dungeon. I tried to get out by reverting to my last save and well I somehow screw up and lost an hour or so of exploring. Why the hell does this not have multiple save files, god damn.

Hard mode in BBI is bullshit thanks to leapworms guard stripping, I've died in two shots to random grimgoblins :/

and it doesn't count as a physical or magickal debilitation so you can't even remove it via items

actually wait wtf is up with this goblin, it's a guy with a two handed sword that has an insane amount of hp and hits like a truck in the valley of defiled truth

and now this werewolf looking dude, I'm out

gonna do the main quest in hard mode for extra xp and then i'll move on to bbi I guess :/

Zaptruder

Banned

He's the toughest grimgoblin around.

Still falls in two hits to my character though. :p

Ullus

I've wondered about this too. I usually make it a point to go through and review a pawns equipment, skill set, and inclinations prior to hiring but not sure how everyone else does it. If people were to look at the weapon details they would see the debilitating effects, but who knows if people check that out or not.

I usually just go through skills, inclination and stats, if the stats seems low I check out the gear, just to be sure if it's either just bad gear or if it's a special build.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
WTF, did they patch out the BBI lv3 weapon in those chests like in the Bloodless Stockade in the PC version? I don't remember that chest being that hard to save-scum but I'm just not getting a drop this time around...

well fuck, just reached the everfall, and my fps drops to 20 fps there... anyone knows any fix? pretty much all the game played the game at 40-50 with ENB, but if I deactivate it i get smooth 60 fps, but dropping in everfall sinks my fps with or without ENB...

Well I just lost like an hour of progress.

I went to turn in a quest for killing the Griffin and apparently you can't go into the castle at night as you get thrown in the dungeon. I tried to get out by reverting to my last save and well I somehow screw up and lost an hour or so of exploring. Why the hell does this not have multiple save files, god damn.

yeah, you can just escape the dungeon and turn the quest after that, its not like the quest fails when you get thrown in the dungeon.

well fuck, just reached the everfall, and my fps drops to 20 fps there... anyone knows any fix? pretty much all the game played the game at 40-50 with ENB, but if I deactivate it i get smooth 60 fps, but dropping in everfall sinks my fps with or without ENB...
That's really odd, the few times I got around 60fps on my laptop were in the small spaces of the dungeons, everfall included

Top Bottom