• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

bati

This game is seriously raising my expectations for AI in RPGs. I'm legit impressed that a group of pawns can kill a non-standard enemy like magic golem on their own in a reasonable amount of time on hard difficulty.

Quick question

Anyone have any suggestions on the best Mystic Knight gear to be equipped with going into the final boss battle? So that I
make sure worthwhile stuff is dragonforged and I get a good weapon?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can anyone give me tips on how or when to get the griffin spawn in post game on the Hillfigure? I keep trying at morning by killing the goblin camp but I only got one spawn. Kinda mad they got rid of the other two spawns and didnt put one in the Everfall or Bitterblack.

Anteater

oh man thanks for the lv3 weapon Lanrutcon, this will be useful when I get to BBI :D

367500_2016-01-31_000kapjs.jpg

367500_2016-01-31_000yhrua.jpg

Cyrano

So what happens when you kill the FINAL boss ? Is it game over, still post-game or new game plus ?
Depends, the game kinda has multiple stopgaps. Once the "Final" boss is done though, you enter post-game or NG+ depending on which one you're talking about.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Do the BBI bosses ever respawn on the 2nd run? I need a drop off the Bishop but I already murdersmoked him and didn't get it.

Baalzebup

Again though, that pawn AI is absolutely atrocious garbage. Really brings down the entire combat experience for me.

This game is seriously raising my expectations for AI in RPGs. I'm legit impressed that a group of pawns can kill a non-standard enemy like magic golem on their own in a reasonable amount of time on hard difficulty.

One of these people had pawns with good inclinations and enemy knowledge. The other one did not :D

Though Hard difficulty doesn't really affect the pawns at all. The Arisen takes more damage and uses more stamina, everything else is the same. Edit: In regards to damage and stamina that is.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I've been playing mage and sorceror mainly and I'm up to level 21 now. Should I switch to archer or magic archer to build on my stamina for a bit?

Cyrano

Do the BBI bosses ever respawn on the 2nd run? I need a drop off the Bishop but I already murdersmoked him and didn't get it.
It resets once you beat the Daimon.
So I've been playing mage and sorceror mainly and I'm up to level 21 now. Should I switch to archer or magic archer to build on my stamina for a bit?
You don't really need it, but if you just want a change of pace either of those are good options.

Llyranor

Play however you like. Min-maxing gives very little benefit, and the game encourages you to switch classes often.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, not really trying to min max though, just wondering how I can get more stamina because I feel like I can never collect anything in the world due to how quickly I run out of stamina if my inventory is too heavy.

KarmaCow

Hmm, not really trying to min max though, just wondering how I can get more stamina because I feel like I can never collect anything in the world due to how quickly I run out of stamina if my inventory is too heavy.

Magic Archer and Mystic Knight have 5 extra stamina per level compared to a Sorcerer, I don't think it will really help. You're better off leveling a Fighter to rank 5 to get the weight class augment that boosts the threshold for the very light weight tier, maybe even maxing a Strider for the augment that lowers your weight by one tier.

yamo

Taken a few GAF pawns through BBI round two tonight. Notably, rangers and striders who have had bad luck clinging onto enemies as they get launched into the abyss. Happened a few times now, for owners of Poison and Wynona, my fault for the lousy 3 star ratings. They died valiantly in battle though.
No worries man! :3

Cyrano

Magic Archer and Mystic Knight have 5 extra stamina per level compared to a Sorcerer, I don't think it will really help. You're better off leveling a Fighter to rank 5 to get the weight class augment that boosts the threshold for the very light weight tier, maybe even maxing a Strider for the augment that lowers your weight by one tier.
Yeah, getting Sinew will help you more with weight problems than more Stamina. It's a Fighter ability that allows you to carry an extra weight class worth of stuff.

yamo

I'm getting totally destroyed in the Forgotten Hall. Keep getting 3 x Garms at the same time i'm trying to fight the bandits/sorcerers among the 2 chained up gorecyclopses. My progress has just stopped completely and i'm just doing the rest of BBI over and over. But I want that sweet Daimon loot. :(

I don't remember this game being so hard on the PS3, maybe it was due to me playing Magic Archer then and Mystic Knight now. I'm also questioning if my build is really good as I mainly leveled up as Strider/Assassin and recently changed to MK. Feels like my Great Cannons and Ruinous Sigils do hardly any damage at all. I managed to lure the garms away from the rest but it probably took me over 20 minutes to kill the 3 of them... in total blackness.

Also sorry to owner of pawn Lai k'Onszo for the 3 stars.

Ogawa-san

Well, you don't have to fight them, just make a run for the void key. That room is too busy, I wouldn't want to fight them with corrupted pawn sorcerers nuking my pawns at will.

At least try to kill those pawns first, then get the garms back into the corridor so you don't end up with an unchained gorecyclops.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is there a recommended level for stage 2 Damien? I'm like 135 right now and doing ZERO damage. The closest I got him to dying was his 2nd last life bar but I had 2 OP GAF pawns with me (level 200 and 188) and they were carrying me HARD until he ate all 3 of my pawns in a vortex.

Ferr986

Is there a recommended level for stage 2 Damien? I'm like 135 right now and doing ZERO damage. The closest I got him to dying was his 2nd last life bar but I had 2 OP GAF pawns with me (level 200 and 188) and they were carrying me HARD until he ate all 3 of my pawns in a vortex.

Use 4 periapts to boost your damage. He has a huge HP pool.

LiQuid!

Use 4 periapts to boost your damage. He has a huge HP pool.

Yeah I was using 4x conqueror and demon's periapts and they were the only thing that allowed me to even move his HP bar with my sword.

I tried one final time and was actually able to do noticeable damage with holy affinity + magic cannon without using periapts but even that was a VERY tiny amount of damage. I know I can technically beat him at this level with OP pawns, some luck and with enough wakestones and periapts on-hand, but it still seems shitty to do such little damage to him. Oh well, still got 65 more levels I can get.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What weapons are you using? Make sure they are dragonforged, gold if possible.

I could kill him pretty fast with even
Helmbarte Daggers (silver dragonforged), 4x periapt and mashing Thousand Kisses on its ugly face. Once he starts vacuuming the pawns you gotta go wild on it to stagger him out of it, then you get more free hits and he usually dies in seconds after that, lol.

Never tried
Daimon
with a non-dagger vocation, now that I think on it. XD I killed him with bows too, but never with a fighter or warrior or magic staff.

You aren't spamming RH in the giant room with the two condemned goreclops, that also happens to usually have two casters that are spread apart so far that they might get hit with two bolts if you're lucky. You wouldn't even use RH on the goreclops anyway, since they are weak to ice (Sixfold).
True. Ninefold Bolt is lol against Gorecyclops. Even better if you've removed their helmet.

Dunno, but I literally ran my group away from Death, because I was on a mission, and one of them said the line about learning a new way to fight an enemy.
Spoiler alert: running away was the strategy!

Or they observed him using his lantern or something...

That's how I always thought it worked, but the wiki says a bit more about it that is very annoying:

What I get from this is that if you ended up with a bunch of stuff you don't need, you still have to spend the RC anyway, or else the next time you pick up an equivalent cursed item, it will give you the same item you previously tried to get rid of.
Hmmm. I'm not sure of that, I once discarded (through gifts) a bunch of stuff like a cloak and a veil, and I'm pretty sure I got two veils the next time I purified.

But maybe I'm misremembering. I just gifted some lv3 armor that were a hood and greaves, so I'll see what the next purification yields. If the next 2 are also head and arm pieces (The lower-tier ones) then I guess that's true...

Ferr986

Yeah I was using 4x conqueror and demon's periapts and they were the only thing that allowed me to even move his HP bar with my sword.

I tried one final time and was actually able to do noticeable damage with holy affinity + magic cannon without using periapts but even that was a VERY tiny amount of damage. I know I can technically beat him at this level with OP pawns, some luck and with enough wakestones and periapts on-hand, but it still seems shitty to do such little damage to him. Oh well, still got 65 more levels I can get.

yes his HP pool is insane. The easiest way to kill him IMO if it's you're Ranger and rich, 4 periapts+blaast arrows stunlocks him forever. Maybe you don't even need the arrows if you have the lvl 3 bow.

Yesterday I killed him for the first time on PC as Assassin and took a while. Sucks that I didn't get the ranger bow (I wanted it for faster farms), but oh well, atleast the shortbow looks damn cool

Ogawa-san

I keep getting random friend invites ever since I started playing DD, especially after hitting max level. I guess people really want a free pawn rental. That's the only benefit, right?

The easiest way to kill him IMO if it's you're Ranger and rich, 4 periapts+blaast arrows stunlocks him forever. Maybe you don't even need the arrows if you have the lvl 3 bow.
Yep, with a lv3 weapon he won't get stunned off the bat but once the first stun happens it starts chaining. Still dies in seconds, so might as well save inventory space and gold by not using blast arrows.

yamo

Well, you don't have to fight them, just make a run for the void key. That room is too busy, I wouldn't want to fight them with corrupted pawn sorcerers nuking my pawns at will.

At least try to kill those pawns first, then get the garms back into the corridor so you don't end up with an unchained gorecyclops.

Finally managed, I ran in and killed the Corrupted pawn sorcs before they would start and Maelstrom juggle me all over the place. Not sure if I picked up any void key though :s

Got promptly destroyed in the Bloodless Stockades thereafter by all the corrupted pawns, lol.

Cyrano

Wow, what the hell? That seems like way too much damage.
With endgame gear that's pretty normal actually. Sorcerers are effectively the most powerful class in the game.

It's mostly because the tracking of that attack is absurd and scales ridiculously well. Destroys the Ur-Dragon too.

Worth noting that with endgame gear and buffs (buffs can double to quadruple your attack), you can get upwards of 8k MATK, and nothing in the game, save for the online Ur-Dragon, will stay alive for long.

bati

Though Hard difficulty doesn't really affect the pawns at all. The Arisen takes more damage and uses more stamina, everything else is the same.

Derp, I thought the damage increase was global. I like that it's not, it shows the devs had some foresight.

Man, the more I play this game the more I love it.

LiQuid!

So I guess gearing up a new vocation with BBI gear is kind of an ordeal. Wanted to try some rangering and finding I have a dearth of gear for yellow classes in general (due to not playing any on either myself of my pawn) and the few pieces that I do have require so many god damned moonshimmer pelts to upgrade it's not even funny.

anyone on this?

I got the mace and magick shield for MK but both got dated pretty quickly when I got to BBI, and the mace just isn't that useful at all because it doesn't have an element on it. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just take whatever your best stuff is for dragonforging. Dragonforging is actually super easy for 3-star shit, just sleep for 7 days and respawn the drake in the SW corner of the map and reload the checkpoint save if he doesn't upgrade you. Every time I get a new piece of gear in BBI for myself or my pawn I equip it, 3-star it then go murder that drake until he dragonforges it. It's really no thing.

Tenebrous

Do I have any chance on BBI at level 43?

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hlaOFCG.jpg?1[/IMG]

Holy shit was this fight intense. I think I was maybe under leveled? But it was amazing.

What level did you do it at? I did it at 36 with two rangers, myself (a mage), and some 2hand sword wielding nutter... Went well!

I want to switch classes. Were can I get a weapon though? I'm been playing mage and it's getting boring lighting things on fire.

Unless you found some stuff for the vocation you wanna use you'll have to visit Caxton. Rest assured they're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.

LiQuid!

After spending a little time as a ranger I'm starting to get the feeling that not spending any significant amount of time as the yellow vocations during my first 130 levels has gimped my ability to do damage as them now. The bow I got has ice element on it, so I could just be getting crappy results trying to use it against resistant enemies, but even just comparing my own stats to pawns my level wielding the same bow, their STR numbers are considerably higher than mine. My magic on the other hand is a few hundred higher than theirs, but that doesn't seem to be helping me at all.

I think I need to reserve judgment until I can get a purely physical bow, but things are not looking good. I might have to just stick to wizarding and the like.

So, finally able to play this game after my computer being dead for over 1 1/2 months (Mobo & CPU both went out, had to go through RMA's for both). So excited to get back into it as I loved it on PS3 even with the blurriness and horrible frame rate!

Just joined the Steam group DogmaGAF, so feel free to add me as a friend on Steam (Steam username kingallanon).

LiQuid!

In case anybody wants to watch the debacle that was my attempt to kill Daimon v2 last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-ZoXZROOY

Sorry for the awful audio, I don't really know how streaming works and just do it so a couple of my friends can watch me be shit at video games.

Changed my sorcerer pawn's skills yet again. I found Lassitude was cannibalizing Miasma too much.

Levin
Comestion
Miasma

Gicel
Holy Affinity
High Voidspell

It seems to run okay. I don't have multiple attack spells of the same element so I don't waste slots.

I will see how Levin holds up vs not having Fulmination when I get to the bigger fights. She still tries to cast Gicel a hobgoblin every once in a while.

Top Bottom