• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Golnei

Having said that, I really hope they make a sequel that introduces mounts. Preferably mounts of beasts you've defeated! Imagine flying around on a griffin and getting into a fight with a dragon, or getting around on the back of a cyclops.

Working your way up to a full-scale pet dragon is the only natural endpoint, if enemies can become mounts.

I decided to switch from Ranger to MA for a bit because I got a Blackwing Bow and still hadn't found a Revenant Wail.

Jesus, I have become death, the destroyer of worlds. Eliminators and Living Armor don't even stand anything even remotely resembling a chance.

Dragon's Dogma, where acceptable farming is running back and forth between the inn and the dude that makes copies of monster pelts.
It wouldn't be so bad if you could make more than one forgery at a time but nooooo...

I gold-forged every item in the game on PS3, must've ran back-and-forth 1000+ times.

Anteater

my new hair is so fucking cool

screenshot_2016-02-019ao0s.jpg

Soodanim

1. Sinew (any vocation seriously)
2. Bloodlust
3. Acuity
4. Clout
5. Articulacy (works for both vocations, but the MK gets way more use out of it)
6. Vehemence/Attunement/Bastion/Perpetiuation (MK buffs)/Prescience (if you want to kill easier with MK shield blocks)
*Temerity once it unlocks can be useful
I looked up Bloodlust because I'd forgotten what it does, and I ended up at a GameFAQs thread where a guy wrote down the times when Bloodlust was active in BBI. Apparently it has random on/off times, even at night times. The guy got all sorts, like 17 minutes on then 34 off, then 22 on and 28 off.

I wish I played the original Dragon's Dogma and got to use the Assassin augments when they were 70% boosted and not 20%. Must have been ridiculous.

Cyrano

I looked up Bloodlust because I'd forgotten what it does, and I ended up at a GameFAQs thread where a guy wrote down the times when Bloodlust was active in BBI. Apparently it has random on/off times, even at night times. The guy got all sorts, like 17 minutes on then 34 off, then 22 on and 28 off.

I wish I played the original Dragon's Dogma and got to use the Assassin augments when they were 70% boosted and not 20%. Must have been ridiculous.
Could probably make a mod for that. Hm...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Ugggh, I'm with you. "Pray permit me to...pray...pray...pray permit...pray." I wish we could move Asalam or Claxton over to Bitterblack.

"Bearer of souls... seek... seek... lest..."

Dragon's Dogma is why you don't give utilitarian NPCs dialogue up front like this.

Also I must've forged at least a dozen Moonshimmer Pelts at the Black Cat. I wish it was next to the inn :(

silva1991

I can't be the only one disappointed in Death right? great design and glorious music, but only 2 movesets?

very easy and his instant kill attack doesn't even track me for long.

my new hair is so fucking cool

screenshot_2016-02-019ao0s.jpg

Oh god I totally forgot about the barber shop :/

Daimon is such a joke now.

LOL.

The run there is harder than fighting him.

he really is and it's kinda sad </3

or maybe I should start playing on hard mode(and i thought I was done with this game)

the guy was

I thought my Arisen wouldn't be forced into lesbianism since I had a male NPC that glowed/blushed when I talked to them and they were who I talked to last (a while ago), but then the damn duchess is there. Shame I can't sacrifice her and continue from there.

Styles

I can't be the only one disappointed in Death right? great design and glorious music, but only 2 movesets?

very easy and his instant kill attack doesn't even track me for long.

Oh god I totally forgot about the barber shop :/

he really is and it's kinda sad </3

or maybe I should start playing on hard mode(and i thought I was done with this game)

the guy was

I am playing on HM and he is a push-over once you upgrade your lvl 3 weapons.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I finally got one of those super rare blood crystals from a Strigoi.

I have now beaten the game.
I fucking hate having to find the bloodred crystals, ugh.

I thought my Arisen wouldn't be forced into lesbianism since I had a male NPC that glowed/blushed when I talked to them and they were who I talked to last (a while ago), but then the damn duchess is there. Shame I can't sacrifice her and continue from there.
Yeah I hate that. Gotta punch people around to lower affinity. Or gift them liquid effluvium but who has time for that.

silva1991

I finally got one of those super rare blood crystals from a Strigoi.

I have now beaten the game.
No kidding I let one of those monster suck my pawns blood to death and still no luck

if the monsters died in a room do I need to sleep at inn for days to respawn em like bosses?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
People who think Daimon is 2EZ, are you level 200 with gold forged gear or what? I'm 135ish and my attacks were tickling him. After my pawns died I literally couldn't finish the fight even tho he only had 1.5 health bars left because I couldn't do any damage to him.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
People who think Daimon is 2EZ, are you level 200 with gold forged gear or what? I'm 135ish and my attacks were tickling him. After my pawns died I literally couldn't finish the fight even tho he only had 1.5 health bars left because I couldn't do any damage to him.
I posted about that earlier... what weapon are you using? A decent level 2 dragonforged (preferably gold but not necessarily) weapon should do fine, especially with 4x periapts (Conqueror for physical attacks, Demon for magical).

And... sorry to be so obvious but, are you hitting the head? When it starts vacuuming your pawns, make sure you quickly climb the head (jump and grab if you have to) and mash away. Or use tenfold flurry or whatever strong attacks you have.

I was level 140 or so when I killed his second form the first time btw. He went down quickly. Silver-forged helmbarte daggers with 4x periapts. No min-maxing whatsoever.

silva1991

I beat first and second Daimon at level 100-110 or something

pretty sure without golden forge.

I was cheesing him with longbow tho.

If you have a solid level 2 BBI weapon and some periapts you should be good depending on your class. Had him on farm from about level 90

Ferr986

Periapts trivialize him if you're a bow user. I killed him at around lvl 100 with a BBI lvl2 weapon regular dragonforged. I just ignore pawns on that fight and go ham at his face with five/tenfold (and lots of stamina recovery items).

Styles

If you're playing as MK, enchant your weapon with Holy and Abyssal Anguish, grab onto him and slash the face on his body. When he starts charging his AOE attack, the face will become vulnerable so take that chance and pop your Conqueror Periapts and liquid vims and spam away until he dies --or close to-- at the very least.

Zaptruder

Banned

I didn't interact with her at all in my current run... except for the time I went up to the tower to grab something... saw she was there; talked to her and found that she was glowing pink! The bitch! Threw her off the bridge that the led to her tower.

It's ok, she'll respawn in 7 days.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm a MK. Weapons I have are a gold forged Ascalon and a dragon or silver forged BB2 sword (the one that'd divine) and it's almost identical stats to the Asca. I've tried climbing him and hitting both of his faces, with and without Abyssal Anguish on, AND with and without 4x conqueror+demon periapts. Also I've tried holy buffing my sword and great cannon and that does minimal damage as well.

I've gotten him pretty low a couple times and I'm convinced I can totally beat him BUT it will be thru no meaningful contribution from myself. The times I got him low I got carried by some high level GAF pawns pretty hard.

ed: I posted a pretty shit quality archive of my stream the other night attempting him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-ZoXZROOY

That was going into the fight completely blind, so admittedly a lot of that fail was just ignorance to his moves, and I was trying to entertain the few friends I had watching me.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm honest opinion guys - DD or Tomb Raider?

Impossible to say without knowing where your tastes lie. For my money, I got way more hour per dollar out of DD (120ish hours, most of that in the endgame ARPG dungeon crawl-y stuff). Tomb Raider is also incredibly taxing on the hardware in a way that you may want to wait until you have a top of the line rig (assuming you don't already). But it is a great game.

L00P

I posted about that

And... sorry to be so obvious but, are you hitting the head? When it starts vacuuming your pawns, make sure you quickly climb the head (jump and grab if you have to) and mash away. Or use tenfold flurry or whatever strong attacks you have.
I wish I had known about this and didn't solo the entire battle for like an hour T___T

LiQuid!

I'm kind of a dumbass. I've been using some godawful augments for a long, long time. My augment setup was from back when I was playing sorcerer, dozens of game hours ago. Changing to strength focused augments made a pretty big difference, as did getting a Revenant Wail. I'm going to try and get this thing forged up but even with it not being dragonforged I'm already doing pretty good damage with it.

Question: do the assassin's night time only augments come into play on BBI? If so how do you tell what time of day it is?

AcAnchoa

Just beaten it, but the game kept crashing during the post final battle scenes so I mashed the ESC key until I saw the saving message and could walk again. There are a few new things in my inventory, did I miss anything important in those scenes?

Steel

Banned
Hmm honest opinion guys - DD or Tomb Raider?

You go to the OT for DD and expect an unbiased opinion? I can't really say because I've never been into the Tomb Raider franchise though. DD is great bang for your buck in either case, just don't expect a good story out of it. Or even reasonably good voice acting.

Sanctuary

It's probably because when you rest at BBI, it's not guaranteed to be night. It progresses time by one hour. Bloodlust is still totally worth it, you just have to warp to a spot where you can rest until night is all. Usually I just have a portcrystal at the Devilfire camp since it only costs 100g and is faster than running through Cassardis.

Bloodlust works, but at random times, there is no way to accurately tell when it's night and when it isn't

See: above...

Weapons still determine damage output far more than stat growths will. Could also mod your game and try static stat growths so all chars receive the same.

Here's my version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3k7avoevtgb6qrw/Static_Stat_Growths_Dragons_Dogma.zip

This keeps getting repeated. I know that weapons have a larger affect, but it's a bit too dismissive to act as though missing 400 - 600 attack or magic defense won't really change anything at all. Plus, it's more about online Ur-Dragon anyway, not simply beating the game. If stats mattered that much for simply beating the game, then people wouldn't be finishing it long before even level 100. I never really bothered much at all with min/maxing when I played this on the consoles, aside from doing X levels of Sorcerer just so the MA I played then could have a decent base magic attack. The other stats were completely random and it worked fine. This character though, I am trying to tailor to see how it feels, and then the character after, I am going to ignore all but a single stat and see how it plays.

I just looked at your mod, and that's definitely not what I am looking for (kind of feels like a cheat with spells, and having no stamina suuuuuucks), but it's interesting. Honestly though, the spellcasting times in general for the larger spells are prohibitive, especially in BBI. Your change to Articulacy is on the right track, but I still feel like there needs to be a windup. Maybe having it cut the casting time by 50% would have been more balanced. However it works out, none of the spells should take more than 8s in BBI. High Maelstrom, with the augment and ring takes 14s.

BBI encounter

Fought a
flying zombie pope and his pet dragon. It was intense.
Ghost2015.jpg

So I just got to the post game, I'm level 54 or so. What do I do first, just jump straight into Everfall to get some gear?

Yeah, jump to the Everfall , there are two new endings that await you,
according to the decisions you make, after that it will be new game plus+
but before you go to BBI, I would explore the ever fall,fight at least fight the offline UR dragon once,try it again online, and gather as many loot/items you want.Once you start new game plus I would head to BBI, and you complete BBi and gather all the items you want, I would complete the game again , get all the quest I missed and get that extra ending that I missed.

EDIT:sorry for the double post :(

Sanctuary

What am I supposed to see? That doesn't change that the times that bloodlust is active at BBI are completely random, and unless you are making 10 minute speedruns for daimon, it's going to turn on and off randomly during a single run through.

Are you getting your information off of some random Gamegaqs post? The times haven't been "random" for me so far, but I usually don't spend more than thirty minutes per trek through a particular section anyway. I guess I too could take a stopwatch after resetting the day/night cycle, but I doubt I would actually see these random fluctucations one random poster mentioned.

While adventuring on Bitterblack Isle, Bloodlust's effects are inconsistent and randomly generated :
0:58 - 1:15 active = 17 min
1:15 - 1:53 inactive = 38 min
1:53 - 2:03 active = 10 min
2:03 - 2:41 inactive = 38 min
2:41 - 2:59 active = 18 min
2:59 - 3:34 inactive = 25 min
3:34 - 3:51 active = 17 min

Bloodlust is otherwise consistently active from 9pm to 3am in Gransys. Source : Ghost of Kirin on Gamefaqs.

Well apparently they aren't "randomly" generated if the chart above is supposed to reflect their active and inactive times. Inconsistent, yes. Although I am constantly looking to make sure the effect is still active while I am running through BBI since after resting until night and then warping, you can't really tell when it's day again unless around a half an hour passes. Maybe I have just been getting lucky (the periods when I'd look at the status screen to check), or none of my trips last more than 17 minutes, but I haven't seen it fall of once yet.

I'm getting my info from experience.

Cool? So am I. If you find it too much of a hassle to spend 60s warping every 15 - 30 minutes for a 20% damage increase, then I guess it's not worth it. For people farming Daimon, I don't know why they wouldn't take it though, or any boss that they know they are going to fight for that matter.

Top Bottom