• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

duncandun

Neo Member
Did you go into your settings? GeDoSaTo makes it possible, but you have to set the resolution (4K) in the video settings of the game.

I uhh, can't believe I didn't think of this.

I did also enable some sharpening and color pallete post.fx stuff as well, but that didn't seem to work.

I just tried it, and set the resolution to 4k and it said it was downsampling to 1080p. So it seems to be working.

totally destroyed my FPS though, holy shit. I wasn't expecting that. from ~120 to ~25-30 in gran soren. damn.

Holy Maker, Everfall level design is so baaaad. I felt like playing generated Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons again. Pass. Back to BitterBlack Isle

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy Maker, Everfall level design is so baaaad. I felt like playing generated Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons again. Pass. Back to BitterBlack Isle

I have got some bad news for you, friend...

Golnei

I have got some bad news for you, friend...

BBI reuses areas, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Everfall. There's a lot more variety in the rooms themselves, spread out over the length of time you'll be going through them, as well as having some of them undergo minor changes rather than be exact copies. In contrast, it feels like the entire Everfall only has three rooms.

The Everfall is Dragon Age 2-bad when it comes to level design. Straight up blockades parts of the map and reuses areas outright.

The worst part isn't the levels themselves, though. It's accessing them to begin with...

Okay. I do have an Heaven's Key in my storage. Servilius, level 193 strider.
Well, I can't manually search by pawn name or user name. We're friends too, but my friend's list is limited to 20. Whelp, what now?? Nvm, I found your pawn on a random search. Haha! Is your arisen named Keren?

Lanrutcon

Well, I can't manually search by pawn name or user name. We're friends too, but my friend's list is limited to 20. Whelp, what now?? Nvm, I found your pawn on a random search. Haha! Is your arisen named Keren?

Tip: if you can't find the pawn you need on the Friend's Pawn List, then try the Pawns My Pawn Knows list.

That's how I found a bunch of you guys, even though we're Steam friends.

Tip: if you can't find the pawn you need on the Friend's Pawn List, then try the Pawns My Pawn Knows list.

That's how I found a bunch of you guys, even though we're Steam friends.
You mean the Pawns my Main Pawns knows? You have to rent at least once for them to be on that list.

Mastperf

It doesn't fit an epic fight at all, it's super lame.

Oh well, your loss. Death has some good drops to gold-forge some stuff too.

What about stacking Demon Periapts x4 and spamming Ninefold Bolts with Liquid Vim? That should do decent damage if you have a good bow.
Don't need Demon Periapts with Magic Archer as long as you give up a skill slot for Magic Rebalancer. Cast that 4 times before a fight (same result, lasts 90 sec) and you destroy as a MA. Your pawns also get the same boost by walking over it. I hate being over encumbered carrying blast arrows and Conquerors Periapts with the strength based classes so MA was the perfect remedy. I don't really like leveling as a Sorcerer, but I level 10-80 as Sorcerer and then swith to MA to get the desired damage output.

Lanrutcon

You mean the Pawns my Main Pawns knows? You have to rent at least once for them to be on that list.

Nope. At least, not as far as I've seen.

The list is for the pawns of people who've hired your pawn, whether you've hired theirs or not. My list is full of pawns I have never hired, both from friends and non-friends.

Don't need Demon Periapts with Magic Archer as long as you give up a skill slot for Magic Rebalancer. Cast that 4 times before a fight (same result, lasts 90 sec) and you destroy as a MA. Your pawns also get the same boost by walking over it. I hate being over encumbered carrying blast arrows and Conquerors Periapts with the strength based classes so MA was the perfect remedy. I don't really like leveling as a Sorcerer, but I level 10-80 as Sorcerer and then swith to MA to get the desired damage output.

I'm a level 200 MA. Gold forged everything. I casually clear BBI for shits and giggles.

Your post is the first time I've heard of Magic Balancer! doh.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yup that's me.

Are we friends? What is your Steam username or pawn name? I don't recall.

Sure that works too. I hate wasting a slot for Magic Rebalancer though, so I prefer periapts since they're cheap. To each their own.

Just met Death in Fortress of Remembrance NG+ (carrying friends' low-level pawns for RC) and everyone survived. Neat. He was taking solid damage from my Great cannon this time. No buffs either, he just bailed after losing less than even a bar. Cowardly Death!

silva1991

Yesterday eliminators in post Daimon fallen city killed all my pawns and I killed half of them as a warrior one by one

it was fucking hard

enemies like eliminators and elder ogres are torture to fight as a warrior.

Ferr986

Got the BBI lvl 3 sorcerer staff for my pawn.

Man, why the BBI gear is so ugly :( Only the Darkening Storm bow and the stupid witch hat that continues to eludes me looks good so far.

Dumb question but is there any way to find out your created Arisen and Pawn's character creator parameters? I'm want to start new game plus and basically swap them when I get the metamorphosis thingy.

silva1991

Got the BBI lvl 3 sorcerer staff for my pawn.

Man, why the BBI gear is so ugly :( Only the Darkening Storm bow and the stupid witch hat that continues to eludes me looks good so far.

Glad i'm not the only one who noticed that

Lv3 weapons are ugly and way too inferior to m=base game weapon's design

have you seen lv 3 dagger? yikes :(

Grigori's weapons are much much better design wise

Golnei

Dumb question but is there any way to find out your created Arisen and Pawn's character creator parameters? I'm want to start new game plus and basically swap them when I get the metamorphosis thingy.

You'll probably just have to go and manually copy them down. The Secret of Metamorphosis just lets you access the editor at any time from the main menu, so you can just view your current settings from there. You don't need NG+ for it, either - it's available as soon as you begin the post-game.

Ferr986

Glad i'm not the only one who noticed that

Lv3 weapons are ugly and way too inferior to m=base game weapon's design

have you seen lv 3 dagger? yikes :(

Grigori's weapons are much much better design wise

yep, if BBI weapons weren't so OP I would totally still weild the Grigori daggers.

I'm not even bothering on getting lvl 3 BBI armor for myself, just for my pawn so she can be more useful.

ultrazilla

Alright, after reading a lot of this thread with the impressions and such, I went and bought the game. Dling it now on Steam. :)

This should hopefully scratch my open world Skyrim type rpg itch.

Anything a rookie Arisen needs to know before starting my journey?

Lanrutcon

Alright, after reading a lot of this thread with the impressions and such, I went and bought the game. Dling it now on Steam. :)

Yes

Wolves hunt in packs.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hmmm sweet, zerokool's gift ended up being a Coat of Oblivion. Torn between keeping this or reloading and purifying it as a Carrion Mantle... I already have the Coat on my pawn, and I think stats-wise it's better than the Mantle for my MA, but I like how it looks and I could use the variety...

Edit: omg, a Helm Splitter/Cloudburst strider band. Thank youuuuuuu

Read the FAQ in the OT. ;)

The lv. 3 BBI leather armor actually looks pretty cool, I was expecting something much worse. (Like that lv. 3 plate helmet, worst looking piece of armor in the game)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
All the lv.3 head pieces are terrible. The red vocation chest piece is also fugly.

I think everything else looks pretty good though.

Ugh, that feeling when you fight two Cursed Dragons in a row and your 3-star staff still doesn't get dragonforged... >_<

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Bandits are left exposed after a grand strike.

Thanks, sent yours back too.

That said I really don't know why you want Heaven's Key when you gold-forged Framae Blades... xD
Mostly for Living Armor if I'm not a MA. That and if I'm bored, do some Ur-Dragon now and then. Phantasms too if I can ever hit those things.

Hit 200. My stamina is slightly lower than that what was shown for an average character due to my character's size and weight. The lvl bbi helms cover most if not all of your face. The Hellfire/Netherhelm is hideous. I'm all about stats though, so I'll wear them.

Hmmm sweet, zerokool's gift ended up being a Coat of Oblivion. Torn between keeping this or reloading and purifying it as a Carrion Mantle... I already have the Coat on my pawn, and I think stats-wise it's better than the Mantle for my MA, but I like how it looks and I could use the variety...

Edit: omg, a Helm Splitter/Cloudburst strider band. Thank youuuuuuu
Haha, nice.
That's what I like about MA, you can wear mage or ranger/strider gear. You can mix and match what you want.
If only the ranger had a ring that was just as useful as the strider's band. Oh well, I'll just tenfold flurry spam anyway :p

Carcetti

BBI armor and weapons level 3 is such a pain to get except for the rings. Wish there was a post-Daimon chest with even a decent chance of rolling one.

Also, my new favorite skill is Shadowshackle with a master skill ring and a wizard hat that makes the sigils last longer. It's absolutely obscene against anything non-huge.

BBI armor and weapons level 3 is such a pain to get except for the rings. Wish there was a post-Daimon chest with even a decent chance of rolling one.

The chests after him has a very high chance of giving you a level 3 weapon, armour and a novelty (occasionally a rift crystal though). Plus there's a chance he can drop an armour piece as well.

I mostly got my armour from Daimon runs but the chest in whatever helix where the gorecyclops is are pretty quick to godsbane. There are 2 there.

Exentryk

Playing at a glacial pace. Only just finished that Fournival trial.

The game is looking and running great now with Rudy ENB v300 with banding completely removed, and a nice colorful look.

On the combat side, my Mystic Knight destroys everything with the great cannon, and the fire enchanted mace.

I'm enjoying the slow pace.

Ferr986

Btw, totally forgot that if you kill Daimon 1st form in a stagger animation his 2nd form will pop staggered too. At that point its really easy to stunlock him to death.

Carcetti

The chests after him has a very high chance of giving you a level 3 weapon, armour and a novelty (occasionally a rift crystal though). Plus there's a chance he can drop an armour piece as well.

I mostly got my armour from Daimon runs but the chest in whatever helix where the gorecyclops is are pretty quick to godsbane. There are 2 there.

Those chests sound good. I really don't like Daimon as a fight, he has so many BS moves, that I'd rather avoid doing him whenever I can.

LiQuid!

I farmed all my BBI3 weapons by saving before opening the two chests before Daimon that have a really low chance at having them in it and just reloading dozens of times while watching TV.

Ferr986

I have no problem getting the cursed weapon myself. I just run from the second shortcut to Daimon skipping everything and then kill him . Takes like 5 mins.

It's just that RNG Jesus is fucking with me :( Also getting lots of duplicates and not Carrion (just Grave) stuff for my pawn.

Btw, now I have 4 lvl 3 cursed weapons stacked. They income is 2 daggers and two physical bows, and I don't want any of them. So my only choice here is, gift them? If I do the next ones will have different items I suppose?

Sanctuary

Shame you can't map the Eternal Ferrystone to a key.

Strange. May be try downloading the different version of this mod until the right prompts show up for you?

Thanks, but honestly those are almost just as intrusive, if not moreso due to the colors of the buttons displaying too. Ironically, after posting last night, I had a full hour and a half without any disconnects. No idea what is causing this.
edit: Hmm, I did find a PSX buttons mod that isn't colored, so I might try that.

Side note: I hate, HATE, playing the Sorcerer through post-Daimon BBI. It's not even "hard mode", it's "this fucking sucks, and isn't remotely fun in any way at all mode". Spells just take way too long to cast, can be interrupted by everything (even when using the augments that are supposed to help prevent interruption) and once/if you are able to finally cast them, don't do nearly enough damage for the time taken outside of High Maelstrom in places like the Fallen City, ragdolling Eliminators. I've tried all the spells, preparing those against the weaknesses of enemies I know I'll be encountering, and the only spells that I've gotten any real mileage out of is Ingle, High Maelstrom (although sometimes I have to use it because it's the only thing I can use that causes any damage, even if the damage is super slow) and High Gicel (mostly for drakes and it's also about the only thing I've been able to hit Living Armors with).

I am level 120 now, and I'm seriously considering just doing another 50 Ur-Dragon kills using weal items just so I can go back to actually having fun with the MA (which really feels three or four tiers above the Sorcerer now).

LOL! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/68291707

Anko

I have no problem getting the cursed weapon myself. I just run from the second shortcut to Daimon skipping everything and then kill him . Takes like 5 mins.

It's just that RNG Jesus is fucking with me :( Also getting lots of duplicates and not Carrion (just Grave) stuff for my pawn.

Btw, now I have 4 lvl 3 cursed weapons stacked. They income is 2 daggers and two physical bows, and I don't want any of them. So my only choice here is, gift them? If I do the next ones will have different items I suppose?

I think you will still get the same items, assuming this works the same way as the console version. You will get the same items until you purify them.

Check out the analysis on purification.

Think of the cursed items not as the armour/weapon itself, but as keys that will unlock the chests that are sitting in Orla's inventory. You will be unlocking the exact same chests in the same order even if you give the keys away. Just as the recipient won't receive what you purified either. That's not what's in their chest.

Unai

In New Game+, I can only use the Eternal Ferrystone after I get to Gran Soren once in the main story? I'm asking because I tried to use it inside Biiterblack isle but I couldn't.

Ferr986

I think you will still get the same items, assuming this works the same way as the console version. You will get the same items until you purify them.

Check out the analysis on purification.

Think of the cursed items not as the armour/weapon itself, but as keys that will unlock the chests that are sitting in Orla's inventory. You will be unlocking the exact same chests in the same order even if you give the keys away. Just as the recipient won't receive what you purified either. That's not what's in their chest.

best-cry-ever_o_GIFSoupcom.gif~c200

Then I'm fucked. I have not enough RC to purify these 4 cursed weapons and keep going.

In New Game+, I can only use the Eternal Ferrystone after I get to Gran Soren once in the main story? I'm asking because I tried to use it inside Biiterblack isle but I couldn't.

No need to reach Gran Soren, but you need to reach the first encampment.

Anko

Then I'm fucked. I have not enough RC to purify these 4 cursed weapons and keep going.
I know how that feels. I had that same problem on the console but I've had the luck of having my awesome pawn be recruited often enough on PC that I never ran out of RC. She just returned with another 500,000 RC. I actually prioritised getting her equipment over mine just for that.

Top Bottom