• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Sanctuary

Ugh, it's your problem for min-maxing. Stop playing as a sorcerer and enjoy yourself. :p

Like I said in another post, I didn't really bother doing this on the consoles. I basically played a Sorcerer to 80 or so before DA arrived, then changed him to a MA once I got a decent bow. After that, I just stuck playing as the MA. No real min/maxing of any sort aside from gaining augments.

This time however, it's more of just a "let's see". It actually wasn't bad at all until now though. I actually enjoyed playing each class (although the Ranger the least). I planned on doing 70 Sorc levels and 30 more Strider, and the Sorcerer is just terrible in BBI (sure, the Warrior is worse there, but that doesn't make the Sorcerer any better to play). Yeah, spamming charged bolts works, and I mentioned that too, but it's dull as shit. That's also really the optimal way to take down the Ur-Dragon as a Sorcerer too, and it's also super brain dead.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Playing at a glacial pace. Only just finished that Fournival trial.

The game is looking and running great now with Rudy ENB v300 with banding completely removed, and a nice colorful look.

On the combat side, my Mystic Knight destroys everything with the great cannon, and the fire enchanted mace.

I'm enjoying the slow pace.

High five, my Mystic Knight just finished that quest too!

I took a week+ off from this game.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Pro-tip:
Don't purify one by one, purify in bulk.

The way to do this is (and you can theoretically get them all in one go [meaning only needing 13 lvl 3 weapons]):
Save your game before purifying, check what weapons you get and the order you get them when you and your pawn are both on a red vocation, godsbane yourself afterwards, now check the weapons and order for the yellow vocations, godsbane and, you guessed it, check the weapons and order for the blue vocation.

There will be a lot of doubles and some will overlap.
Mark which position the weapons you want for each color are in and purify them in that order, for instance:
1st-4th you purify as red vocations, 5th you purify as blues, 6th-7th as yellows, 8th as red and so on untill you have all the weapons.

The reason you should do it like this is because the game follows a script that dictates what weapons you can get for each individual item and that script resets to a random position once you purify your last lvl3 weapon.
If you don't have enough lvl 3 weapons keep at least one so that the scrip doesn't reset but you will need more if you do it in turns than if you do it in one go.

There's another way to do it and this one is only prefered if you're looking for a specific weapon:
Make sure you have equal numbers lvl 2 and lvl 3 weapons, then check the results for the lvl 2s. If the weapon you want is amongst them then purify the lvl2s and lvl 3s together until the position of the weapon you want.
(if you want a magick bow and it was the 5th position out of 8 lvl 2 weapons as blue vocations then purify 5 lvl 2s and 5 lvl 3s together)

The reason why this works is because the game has another script that ties the results of puifications of the same kind across the levels (1 and 2, 2 and 3)
If the weapon you wanted wasn't between the level 2s you might want to consider purifying all of the level 2s and reseting the the order for those.

Edit:
And for your farming woes you can also godsbane yourself on certain key chests for lvl 2/3 armor/weapons and RC.

rqXwPsJ.gif

I'm still early in the game so I haven't gotten to this stuff yet, hopefully that will make sense to me by the time I get there.

Newboi

I'm a level 47 Assassin and have finished all the main quests up to the final one to fight the Ur Dragon. Am I high level enough to fight the dragon? I'm not sure where else to go to level now that I've beaten most of the quests and bounties.

I beat the game and am now wondering how I never stumbled on everything about the
post-game and ending. I got duped into thinking DD was a simple Japanese action RPG for so long.

Where do I go to get some good quests? I'm just doing Aldous's tasks and the game seems to be ignoring its strengths in favor of making me go talk to people around town. Finished the trial and at the Mercedes and stolen ring quests.

Welp. The only quest I'm missing is at literally the start of the game and I foolishly did Off With Its Head to get to Gran Soren so I could use the ferrystone to go somewhere to get an item it turned out I already had for another quest it turned out I did already.

edit: flipped off hard and flipped it back on and got it. Yeah buddy.

Explore Cassardis at the beginning guys.

Mastperf

Holy crap, I've been ignoring the assassin's parry/counter skills all this time. They're gotdamn awesome!
You mean easy kill/masterful kill? If so then yeah, great move. It even works on drake's.
I said I wouldn't start playing Dragon's Dogma again for a while but this thread is making it tough.

Wired

A couple of questions,

First, I've reached post-game for the first time and are currently messing around in
the Everfall
. However, is there any reason to linger, any good loot to look for? Or would it just be better to head on to BBI?

Second, my pawns dumb ass inclinations keep messing up which is quite annoying. Am I right in assuming that the more of the inclination potions I drink the more that inclination will be set so to speak? And if so how many are the max I should drink?

mfaex

A couple of questions,

First, I've reached post-game for the first time and are currently messing around in
the Everfall
. However, is there any reason to linger, any good loot to look for? Or would it just be better to head on to BBI?

Second, my pawns dumb ass inclinations keep messing up which is quite annoying. Am I right in assuming that the more of the inclination potions I drink the more that inclination will be set so to speak? And if so how many are the max I should drink?

Everfall's
miserable to get around in. Go to BBI if you can handle it, better loot anyway.

On inclination potions, I can't answer your mechanical question. I had a pawn who kept changing inclinations on me (Utilitarian dropping from first). It took one potion to get it back to first, but it would drop back to second every so often. At one point I tried drinking 4-5 to keep it first, which didn't work. Another time I did 9 or so which cleared all inclinations but Utilitarian, funny but not ideal. Eventually I just carried a bunch of Utilitarian potions on me and I'd use one if it dropped out of first inclination.

Just getting back into this game again, I've done all with UR dragon farming (with prenerf Assasin solo no pawns perk OPness) but never did BBI, what level is recommended to start BBI?

Working on Ranger btw, currently going through the main story and upgrading my gear and solo UR dragon stuff asap before heading into BBI.

Mastperf

A couple of questions,

the Everfall

Well , the BBI loot is better but the
Everfall
is good for leveling/loot. I farm the
Ur Dragon
(offline version) and sell the wakestones. You get I think 22 of them for killing him plus whatever holy enchanted weapons he drops. He also drops crafting materials during the fight so that's always a plus. I usuallh enter with a full party and get him down to 1 bar of health. I then ferrystone out, deposit loot, sleep and then head back in solo. His health will still be at 1 bar so it's a pretty short fight. I get the bonus experience from being solo plus I use any item that doubles experience for a short time. You'll usually gain multiple levels this way plus dragon forging your items. I had abot 22 million gold last time I finished playing so it's pretty lucrative. I played on the console versions so I'm not for certain thag it would be the exact same on PC.
Before the
Everfall
, I usually use the Blessed Flower method to gain levels by farming the
drake at devilfire grove
solo. Just make sure to always have a copy of the Blessed Flower in storage incase your wilts.
I don't believe that more potions make a difference. Just try to avoid giving commands and save the extra potions to fix them again. My pawns inclination would change without me giving any commands so I just assumed it was inevitable in my case.

MGrant

What's more useful to have on a tank pawn, Scather or Mitigator? I've been using a fighter (who was a warrior until she learned Clout), but I'm not sure if she should focus on keeping the strong enemies occupied or eliminating the weak first. Right now her profile lists Scather and Challenger as her top two inclinations. Should I change this?

I hired your pawn a bunch but he always died. You gave him weak-ass unupgraded gear and he was too squishy. :(

did you see his magic power tho?

I was set on fashion dogma-ing his gear but I couldn't be stuffed wearing it and dragon forging. I had him in full Grave set but he looked like a sexy genie :(

Anyways I backed up my file and started a new game. Hard was imperceptibly different with my level 200 character so I'm gonna do it for reals this time. First I gotta suicide run for double ring of perseverance

silva1991

Seeing as it was only you guys hiring my pawn I decided to make a new one

Is she kawaii enough?

She will be a kawaii waifu without the painting on her face, but that's just me tho

I usually make my character's faces clean with he exception of beards

Tips for Daimon? That shit is goddamn fast and it's so hard to grab his head, I'm MK btw.

your not the first MK to struggle with him

play as any character with a dagger

fully upgrade rusted dagger or bow to inflict torpor and then equip the best fully upgraded dagger and climb on his head and smash it to death.

Soodanim

I looked on the Wiki to see if it was well known (didn't see it) but I torpored
Daimon 1
and it persisted into form 2. Dude was in slow-mo the whole damn fight.

your not the first MK to struggle with him

play as any character with a dagger

fully upgrade rusted dagger or bow to inflict torpor and then equip the best fully upgraded dagger and climb on his head and smash it to death.

heh, maybe my rank 5 strider has something to use. Pretty regret choosing MK to be main vocation, most of its skills are slow to cast and has short duration.

Akiller

Well, time to face Grigori. I think i'll come back to Magick Archer to fight against him, am i right guys?I mean, yesterday i've beaten the other dragon as a destroyer but i am sure it Will harder against Grig.

Also, dat Grigori's voice, His
speech
was so good,definetely the only interesting cut scene i've seen in the game so far.

silva1991

heh, maybe my rank 5 strider has something to use. Pretty regret choosing MK to be main vocation, most of its skills are slow to cast and has short duration.

Strider is perfect

1- torpor him with rusted dagger/bow
2-climb on his face
3- spam hundred/thousand kisses skill

rip in peace Daimon.

I looked on the Wiki to see if it was well known (didn't see it) but I torpored
Daimon 1
and it persisted into form 2. Dude was in slow-mo the whole damn fight.

a glitch maybe? I might try it myself and make sure to inflict torpor right before he dies on first form.

Lanrutcon

Well, time to face Grigori. I think i'll come back to Magick Archer to fight against him, am i right guys?I mean, yesterday i've beaten the other dragon as a destroyer but i am sure it Will harder against Grig.

speech
was so good,definetely the only interesting cut scene i've seen in the game so far.

The first end boss? Any of the yellow vocations walk all over him.

Mastperf

speech
I've one-shotted Grigori as a Magic Archer using sacrificial bolt on numerous occasions.

silva1991

I've one-shotted Grigori as a Magic Archer using sacrificial bolt on numerous occasions.

Fuck

I just remembered that I never unlocked/used this ability.

do I have to shoot it at his heart or his head is good enough with sacrifice bolt?

and can he die at the beginning of the level? I mean before the uncharted sequence lol.

Golnei

and can he die at the beginning of the level? I mean before the uncharted sequence lol.

I think you can kill him at any point after the first part of his speech - I'm not sure if it works with anything other than a Maker's Finger during the choice itself, though.

Mastperf

Fuck

I just remembered that I never unlocked/used this ability.

do I have to shoot it at his heart or his head is good enough with sacrifice bolt?

You have to go through the regular sequences with him I believe. I just aimed for the heart (easy with the MA) and let it fly. If the first shot didn't get him I'd just nail him with another. He's weak to dark attacks I believe so the sacrificial bolt is devestating. Probably got bonus experience for having less pawns as an added bonus.

Wow, hard is serious business

Did pretty much no damage to the skeletons and zombies in the Everfall. My waifu warrior pawn did all the work.

Already fucked up all the Quina quests but idgaf

Cyrano

Wow, hard is serious business

Did pretty much no damage to the skeletons and zombies in the Everfall. My waifu warrior pawn did all the work.

Already fucked up all the Quina quests but idgaf
Hard doesn't make enemies take less damage. Also, once you're past the initial lack of gear curve, Hard Mode is substantially easier due to more Exp and Gold drops.

Hard doesn't make enemies take less damage. Also, once you're past the initial lack of gear curve, Hard Mode is substantially easier due to more Exp and Gold drops.

Could be the lack of stamina making skills a lot less spammable. That and I've been level 200 mop everything mode for at least a week.

Cyrano

Could be the lack of stamina making skills a lot less spammable. That and I've been level 200 mop everything mode for at least a week.
Yeah, the double stamina is definitely felt. Makes things, I think, slower more than anything else. Definitely takes a while to get used to.

bati

Yeah, the double stamina is definitely felt. Makes things, I think, slower more than anything else. Definitely takes a while to get used to.

Is it really double? I recently read some document where the guy said it's 150%. Even when I went from normal to hard at level 40 I hardly noticed the difference.

I finally took
Grigori
down last night, what a bullshit fight, jesus. Definitely the low point of the game. Had I played a ranged character (was MK and there just wasn't enough time to cast buffs and cannon and all the other shit) I'd probably have more fun. Alas, I didn't even have the dark weapon buff slotted because I was relying on my support pawn to buff me, derp. Between the low amount of time that I had available to actually hit the boss, the flying away, ballista part and the fucking unskippable cutscenes I wanted to eat my controller. The prelude to that where you struggle against the wind for like 2 minutes, interrupted by QTEs just to get one fucking hit on the weak point is honestly one of the most stupid encounters I've ever witnessed in games. Considering how good the rest of the game is I'm assuming they simply outsourced this shit.

What's the recommended course of action for post-game anyway? I was thinking of doing one pass through Everfall, maybe get a few equipment upgrades and then make my way to BBI. Or should I just skip Everfall and go to BBI straight away and return to EF later so I can steamroll it with better weapons? Fwiw, I'm lvl 84, playing on hard.

so how do you actually get anything good out of Everfall? I've done like 6 or so chambers and I've only found a single chest that actually had a piece of equipment and it was some dark gloves. I found a guy who sells some stuff that seems a little better than normal, but nothing specifically good for a Mystic Knight at least.

Is there any good MK equipment I should be looking out for in there? How do I go about getting it?

Lanrutcon

so how do you actually get anything good out of Everfall? I've done like 6 or so chambers and I've only found a single chest that actually had a piece of equipment and it was some dark gloves. I found a guy who sells some stuff that seems a little better than normal, but nothing specifically good for a Mystic Knight at least.

Is there any good MK equipment I should be looking out for in there? How do I go about getting it?

So here's the thing: almost every chest in Everfall can drop something good. The rates are atrocious though. It's one of the reasons people kinda skip Everfall and just go butt heads with BBI, where loot comes in at a decent pace despite the harsh conditions.

Radio

Here are the loot tables for Everfall chests: http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Everfall_Loot

If there's something you really want from a chest, you can save before opening it, and then Godsbane yourself until you get it. It's probably not worth the effort, though, since pretty much everything is outclassed by Bitterblack gear.

Golnei

Goddamn it, the lack of Guts armor is hurting me so bad. I can't stand it! I even made a shitty warrior just so I could have something that feels like a Berserk game!

Why do we have a nude mod day 1 and still no Berserk armor ;_;

The nude mod, on top of being a mandatory addition for any game with the slightest bit of modding potential, is only really a texture. Reconstituting the Berserk armour sets and weapons would require people to rip the assets from the console version and import them, which currently isn't possible. Though there is a Dragonslayer texture edit floating around, at least.

Ah okay, so maybe I should just go straight into attmepting BBI? I'm like level 58, and I don't really have any equipment better than purchasable dragonforged stuff (Almace is the weapon I'm using)

Lanrutcon

Ah okay, so maybe I should just go straight into attmepting BBI? I'm like level 58, and I don't really have any equipment better than purchasable dragonforged stuff (Almace is the weapon I'm using)

Sure. Just be aware: there is no shame in running from shit.

Open every chest you can!

Top Bottom