• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Make sure you aren't using any of the commands like "Go" or "Help", constantly using them can change your Pawn's Inclinations as well, and like mentioned - doing things like picking items up off the floor can have your Pawn catch on to that.

iosefe

Not to be that guy but,
how much will a decent gaming PC run me for this game?

all depends on how well you want to run it

my current rig gives me a smooth as butter 30+ FPS and i'm content with that becasue it's so smooth. what i do need is either faster VRAM or a better CPU as it's about 3 years old now. being an open world game, you would need a pretty good CPU to help with framerate i think

ExoSoul

Banned
My pawn and I are level 200. Its just that to search for player's pawns, you gotta search at level 199. Level 200 are offline pawns which are usually much weaker with assorted gear. Its always been like that even on consoles. You'll never find another player's pawn while searching at level 200.

Nope, not true, I got plenty of player pawns results when searching for lvl infinity.
Then again, friends list

Wired

Starting to wish I hadn't gone Sorc with my pawn. Hardly anyone seems to be renting and by now it's too late to switch it to something else without sucking at it.

What are people looking for in a sorc pawn? Could use some pointers on a good setup, I've just started BBI and haven't had any trouble so far I don't really know what people would be looking for.

Currently:

LV163 Sorc Challenger/Utilitarian/Mitigator
H. Ingle / H. Gicel / H. Maelstrom
H. Voidspell / Holy Affinity / Ice Affinity

Starting to wish I hadn't gone Sorc with my pawn. Hardly anyone seems to be renting and by now it's too late to switch it to something else without sucking at it.

What are people looking for in a sorc pawn? Could use some pointers on a good setup, I've just started BBI and haven't had any trouble so far I don't really know what people would be looking for.

Currently:

For Sorcerers, I look for:

Challenger/Utilitarian

High Fulmination / High Gicel / High Comestion
High Miasma / High Brontide / High Lassitude

Articulacy
Conservation
Acuity
Attunement
Gravitas
Toxicity / Bloodlust

Pawns who also have Rarifed equipment with some fashion sense =p

Not gonna rent out anyone who has ugly looking armor and un-upgraded weapons, also someone who is short as hell bugs me.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Make sure you aren't using any of the commands like "Go" or "Help", constantly using them can change your Pawn's Inclinations as well, and like mentioned - doing things like picking items up off the floor can have your Pawn catch on to that.
Uh yeah... I mention that in the OT myself in that FAQ I wrote. :p
I didn't know about the Acquisitor thing appearing because I loot shit, though. That's just dumb.

To be honest I don't mind Acquisitor pawns at all. I don't need pawn helps that badly in battle and don't mind if they pick up stuff while I focus on fighting and it saves me the trouble of transferring weight to them. But I didn't want my pawn to be Acquisitor because I know most people don't like that and might not hire him.

If you're concerned about pure frequency of hires, wouldn't going with a male pawn in the first place hinder your results?

i dont hire male pawns, i can attest to this.

EDIT:

Holy crap, my charge skill on my warrior was stuck not activing, just charging. letting go of bumper on 360 controller didnt work, it just kept charging until i canceled the attack with a jump or something. i tried switcing the m&kb and it also would not activate skill, just charge it. i tried closing the game and restarting. nope.

finally i read online that changing the m&kb default buttons for attack would. it fixed it. that was scary.

Found Dirge. Looks like you gave her Great Gamble? With just 3000 odd Stamina, it's better if she just had Tenfold.

You planning on sticking with Great Gamble?
I'm testing out Great Gamble. Damage isn't that great. She can take half a bar off death.................Screw it. I just removed GG.

I'm renting a pawn that has master rings with perfect rolls. +100 Strength and +500 Stamina. She has two of them. The owner has 84 hours played as a mystic knight. I don't know how he can get two rings with the absolute maximum for those stats. I gotten master rings where one stat is maximum, but never seen two. The only exception is the ring from the Trappings of Evil quest. I'm thinking, this guy hexedit his pawn data. Owner's name is Arizen, pawn's name is Luna, level 200 ranger with Hundred Kisses, Tenfold and Great Gamble.

Lanrutcon

I'm testing out Great Gamble. Damage isn't that great. She can take half a bar off death.................Screw it. I just removed GG.

I'm renting a pawn that has master rings with perfect rolls. +100 Strength and +500 Stamina. She has two of them. The owner has 84 hours played as a mystic knight. I don't know how he can get two rings with the absolute maximum for those stats. I gotten master rings where one stat is maximum, but never seen two. The only exception is the ring from the Trappings of Evil quest. I'm thinking, this guy hexedit his pawn data. Owner's name is Arizen, pawn's name is Luna, level 200 ranger with Hundred Kisses, Tenfold and Great Gamble.

It's pretty easy to edit that stuff. Best ring I've gotten in that area is a +84 Str + 450 Stamina.

Exentryk

Cool. I'll re-rent your pawn then.

And Luna is my pawn. She has 5000 Stamina (+1000 from Master Rings), more than 700 Atk and loves to Great Gamble, Tenfold and Hundred Kisses. I think Dirge and Luna will work well together. My last Pawn in Alita which is a Strider that uses Rusted Bow. Torpor and Poison on enemies all day long. Great team in the making!

Cool. I'll re-rent your pawn then.

And Luna is my pawn. She has 5000 Stamina (+1000 from Master Rings), more than 700 Atk and loves to Great Gamble, Tenfold and Hundred Kisses. I think Dirge and Luna will work well together. My last Pawn in Alita which is a Strider that uses Rusted Bow. Torpor and Poison on enemies all day long. Great team in the making!
How long did it take you to get those rings? If I had those, I would run Great Gamble too. With 4k stamina, you can easier take more than a bar off Daimon's awakened form.

I just hired your pawn Luna and another Utilitarian pawn. Ran into some Garms. Both our pawns started attacking in unison one after another with their auto attacks. They chunked that garm really quick. Your Luna loves to Great Gamble a lot.

Exentryk

How long did it take you to get those rings? If I had those, I would run Great Gamble too. With 4k stamina, you can easier take more than a bar off Daimon's awakened form.

20 secs. I just edited the values. I am yet to go to BBI again since I made the changes. I am planning on building my perfect team first.

And it's probably best to only have one GG in your team. One Ranger can DPS with Tenfold, while the other can GG, and occasionally Tenfold. It's gives good balance.

I just hired your pawn Luna and another Utilitarian pawn. Ran into some Garms. Both our pawns started attacking in unison one after another with their auto attacks. They chunked that garm really quick. Your Luna loves to Great Gamble a lot.

Hah, nice to hear. I just hired yours. Going to stroll around Gransys first and see how the team performs. :D

draetenth

Currently:

I had this issue too. I was getting frequent rents until about level 130 or something and then nothing.

Honestly, that looks like a decent setup to me (and is actually almost the exact same setup as mine was) and wouldn't mind renting that pawn (though imo I would prefer Lightning Affinity over Ice since more things are weak to Lightning including the more annoying things like Garms and Elder Ogres). Or you could drop Ice/Lightning Affinity and go with High Fulmination which is a pretty deadly lightning attack.

Holy and Lightning are imo the best elements to use in BBI, but Gicel is great to use against a couple of holy resistant enemies (banshees, strigoi)..

My Warrior Pawn gets rented out quite a bit each day, averaging 150,000 RC. And he has a squeaky voice for a Warrior, lol. He's at level 135 at the moment and still getting rentals, I'm actually surprised by that.

Golnei

So do people use all vocations for the main character? I am wondering if I should plan on just swapping between them all.

If you enjoy playing as them, there's nothing stopping you from trying them all out - there's not really that much of a benefit to staying within a vocation line in terms of levelling when so much of your stats are dictated by equipment in practice, especially with BBI gear. Similarly, you shouldn't feel pressured to play as vocations you don't find fun because you need a specific augment or need to level up a certain stat, though some augments still might be worth cheesing through vocation ranks for; given how useful they are regardless of your setup.

draetenth

So do people use all vocations for the main character? I am wondering if I should plan on just swapping between them all.

Just play what you want. Don't worry about leveling for stats. You only really need to rank up vocations if you want certain augments. For example, I would personally never play a warrior, but their rank 9 augment Clout is great for anyone who does physical damage.

However, you don't really need to worry about ranking up vocations until post-game when a really easy way to grind DP opens up (right after the very first post-game mission).

the torpor effect induced by the upgraded rusted weapons makes the game reeeeeeealllly easier

I rented out a Strider Pawn that had Hailstorm Volley and a gold rarefied Rusted Bow... my goodness that Pawn was deadly accurate with the Volley and knew exactly when to use it. Still in my party even though its level is still 100 (I'm 135).

Wait, rusted weapons are good?
Once a rusted bow is 3 star or higher, it has a chance to add poison or torpor or both to the enemy. Upgrading it higher increases the chance of it applying. Its great for multi-hitting skills like Cloudburst/Hailstorm Volley, Spiral/Corkscrew Arrow and Tenfold Flurry.

Unai

Wow, I had no idea. Good thing I don't sell anything. This is good for a Pawn right? Not for a main?

Well, you can change weapons during a fight, so nothing stops you to cause the negative status in the enemy and after that change to your weapon of choice.

If you upgrade/dragonforge/rarify them, their damage is weak but they can inflict Silence and Torpor (which slows enemies to a crawl). And Poison too, I think.

It's gold weapons that inflict silence. Almost feels unfair using one on a Frostwyrm, but then I remember the beatings I've taken from them in the past.

Yeah, it's a good idea to carry some of those upgraded dlc weapons about in your backpack to pull out against specific enemies. Some of the harder enemies suddenly become very easy if you afflict it with the right ailment.

draetenth

3 Star+ Rusted Weapons are definitely worth keeping around since you can change equipment at any time. Torpor works on like 90% of the enemies in the game too (iirc it doesn't work on Griffins, either type of Golems, Daimon, The Dragon, or the Ur-Dragon). However, rusted weapons can trivialize anything else (so useful against dragonkin).

Equip a rusted weapon, inflict Torpor (more hits = more chances to inflict it), switch to a stronger weapon (and switch back to the rusted one as needed) and annihilate your foes.

ParityBit

Man, every time I see a discussion here I find I am playing the game wrong. Not wrong, but you know what I mean!

I am level 40 and still have not fought a dragon/kin. Only saw one once.

Currently:

I'll give your pawn a go (if they show up), hit me up:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/reizoryuu/

Edit: please, please to god remove maelstrom and ice affinity. Put in seism/comestion

Man, every time I see a discussion here I find I am playing the game wrong. Not wrong, but you know what I mean!

I am level 40 and still have not fought a dragon/kin. Only saw one once.

The one I met at around level 35 gave me such a kicking that I didn't go back until I was around 60.

Elija2

I've been playing this game with all the graphics settings set to low but the framerate still frequently dips to around 20fps. Is there anything else I can do to improve the framerate or will I just have to deal with it? I'm using a laptop with an AMD APU which I'm guessing this game isn't optimized for.

draetenth

Pawn: "Watch your footing master, a fall can be as deadly as a beast"
Pawn *runs off the edge to it's death*

Pawns can be so amusing and annoying at times.

ParityBit

Pawn: "Watch your footing master, a fall can be as deadly as a beast"
Pawn *runs off the edge to it's death*

Pawns can be so amusing and annoying at times.

What happens when a pawn dies and you can not recover the body in time or whatever? And what happens to the stuff it is carrying as a pack horse?

What happens when a pawn dies and you can not recover the body in time or whatever? And what happens to the stuff it is carrying as a pack horse?

Items go into your storage. They get sent back with 3-star rating and no item or comment. They keep RC and enemy info learned.

You feel bad at first and then stop caring after the 10th time it happens.

Top Bottom