• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Lanrutcon

MK can deal tremendous damage but it requires a bit more work than other classes. For example you can deliberately stand in an enemy's aoe spell, like comestion or holy furor, and repeatedly perfect block the spell to shoot back a ton of projectiles from your shield buff. If you also have a cannon or two in front of you they will be activated a gazillion times for some sick damage.

Most MK skills seem to scale more with magic than strength however, so it's unfortunate that the best weapons are pure physical.

I want to like MKs, but my they can't do super spinny buzzsaw somersaults or pingy death bouncy bolts.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
MK can deal tremendous damage but it requires a bit more work than other classes. For example you can deliberately stand in an enemy's aoe spell, like comestion or holy furor, and repeatedly perfect block the spell to shoot back a ton of projectiles from your shield buff. If you also have a cannon or two in front of you they will be activated a gazillion times for some sick damage.

Most MK skills seem to scale more with magic than strength however, so it's unfortunate that the best weapons are pure physical.

What's the best way for an MK to deal with a Firedrake?

I tried MK for a few levels and someone told me to not touch it until i got some levels into mage/sorcerer.

the Riposte mechanic has me feeling my age with the reaction timing.

Akiller

You just need more damage output. Make sure your weapons are as upgraded as possible and make sure you have all the relevant damage augments (bloodlust, clout, acuity, etc). Because of how the damage calculation works even a small increase of strength or magic can give a significant increase to damage. He is weak against Holy so bring the right weapon buff. You can also use four periapts at the same time to drastically increase your strength or magic temporarily.

If it took an hour to kill Daimon you're probably getting screwed over by this game's ill conceived defense mechanics. Are you using weapons with split damage types between magic and physical? If so, consider switching to weapons that do a high amount of one or the other, even if the split weapons add up to more. Each damage type is considered individually and if it doesn't meet a certain threshold for a particular enemy, you will do basically no damage to it and end up having to chip away at it for ages. As a consequence, split damage weapons are nothing but a liability in the late game.

Got it! I'm broke cus i spend most of the money in healing objects and aside diamonds i didn't find the required objects to power up my dragonforged weapons :(

Though i always use the weapons with the highest strength stats, should i use the ones with the highest magic power idk ^^'

what do you guys do for money in normal difficulty?

I'm struggling cause i have a stash of dragonforged weapons but they are expensive as hell to level up. even a 1 star is a paltry 50K+. i dont go further and just pray the wyvern dragonforges it.

Mastperf

I'm struggling cause i have a stash of dragonforged weapons but they are expensive as hell to level up. even a 1 star is a paltry 50K+. i dont go further and just pray the wyvern dragonforges it.
Farm the
UR Dragon offline
. With the sorcerer augment to get more when selling items, you'll get over 1 million with just the wakestones and the weapon from killing him. Sleep 3 days and repeat.

Cyrano

Farm the
UR Dragon offline
. With the sorcerer augment to get more when selling items, you'll get over 1 million with just the wakestones and the weapon from killing him. Sleep 3 days and repeat.
Also a ridiculously fast way to get to max level and dragonforge stuff as well.

The fastest strategy for doing this uses Sorcerer and their Holy enchant to quickly bring down the boss. Plenty of videos out there on farming using Assassin as well.

Well, I'm on hard, but an easy way to dragonforge weapons is to kill some Cursed Dragons. Even at 0 stars, you have a 40% chance to dragonforge it. I save my game and then use rancid meat. Kill the cursed dragon and if it doesn't dragonforge, I just godsbane and retry. If you have spare dragonforge equipment, you can sell those with the ring of thrift and some pawns with suasion for maximum profit. With 2 rings of thrift and 2 pawns with suasion, you'll get 74.9% sell increase.

I got a ton of wakestones from Ur. I should just offload some to the vendors.

Farm the
UR Dragon offline

Well, I'm on hard, but an easy way to dragonforge weapons is to kill some Cursed Dragons. Even at 0 stars, you have a 40% chance to dragonforge it. I save my game and then use rancid meat. Kill the cursed dragon and if it doesn't dragonforge, I just godsbane and retry. If you have spare dragonforge equipment, you can sell those with the ring of thrift and some pawns with suasion for maximum profit. With 2 rings of thrift and 2 pawns with suasion, you'll get 74.9% sell increase.

I got a ton of wakestones from Ur. I should just offload some to the vendors.

thx, wow the selling buff on spawns works for the main char. didnt know that.

jahasaja

Ehhh I just finished the game without knowing.. Does that mean I cannot do the Bitterblack Isle?

Damn..

Is it harder in NG+? I am around level 60..

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Ehhh I just finished the game without knowing.. Does that mean I cannot do the Bitterblack Isle?

Damn..

Is it harder in NG+? I am around level 60..

No, it doesn't scale with NG+. Instead, it increases in difficulty the more times you complete it (to a point).

OTIX

Got it! I'm broke cus i spend most of the money in healing objects and aside diamonds i didn't find the required objects to power up my dragonforged weapons :(

Though i always use the weapons with the highest strength stats, should i use the ones with the highest magic power idk ^^'
As an assassin pure strength is usually the best. Buy the Helmbarte daggers from the guy on BBI if you don't have them. Use bloodlust, clout and vehemence augments, ideally opportunism as well if you've found it. Sleep until night to activate bloodlust. Bring a bunch of conquerer's periapts (Fournival sells them) and use 4 at a time.

Nah you're fine. Plus lore-wise BBI will make more sense now that you've seen the ending.

I can attest that it's best doing it this way.

Me, I got to Post Game, then Finished BBI, then went back and finished the main game and got to New Game+. It reset my BBI progress back to 0. On a positive note, It doesn't take long to get through most of BBI at level 120 and decent equipment (maybe 4-5 hours).

Well, I'm on hard, but an easy way to dragonforge weapons is to kill some Cursed Dragons. Even at 0 stars, you have a 40% chance to dragonforge it. I save my game and then use rancid meat. Kill the cursed dragon and if it doesn't dragonforge, I just godsbane and retry...

Not sure if you know, but if you can kill the Cursed Dragon quickly, you can exit the room, re-enter and he comes back. You can get 3-4 of them in on one bait if you're quick enough (I usually get 2 to 3).

Exentryk

Eh, I only do it to run faster and not have to worry about managing items that I pick up around BBI when I'm farming for items. Yeah, it's game-breaking if you carry 999 Blast Arrows as a Ranger with Tenfold Flurry :p

The stamina use is dependent on your encumbrance, among other things. When in Very Light encumbrance, you use up less stamina, and can jog at high speeds. Looking at your weight, you have about 100 kg, and that is pretty much the top limit with the heaviest class.

Basically, you'd be spending way more stamina, and thus would require more stamina items. You'd also be weighing up the options of carrying less stuff so you can move faster, or carry more stuff but have slower combat movement speed. This also leads in to if you should make your character heavy weight or light weight.
All of these are gameplay aspects that get completely broken when you mod out the weight.

I think you should try to play the game with the mod turned off for a few days. It'll make you think about a lot of things that you may not have considered before. I also was using the weight mod when I started the game. But once I realized that I was making the game trivial with a bunch of healing and stamina items, I removed the mod.

David___

Banned
Anyone mind bringing my level 200 pawn with them when they do Daimon runs? Running low on rift crystals.

Steam ID is Not_David

Edit:
Pawn Name: Hagger

Vocation: Strider

Exentryk

Hey zerokoolpsx. I removed the Coat of Oblivion from your pawn Dirge because it had the "heal nearby pawns" bonus, and it was an issue as I was trying to stay at critical health. Do you have a different armor with maybe just "restore own health" buff or something?

Hey zerokoolpsx. I removed the Coat of Oblivion from your pawn Dirge because it had the "heal nearby pawns" bonus, and it was an issue as I was trying to stay at critical health. Do you have a different armor with maybe just "restore own health" buff or something?
I wish. I don't have Coat of Oblivion with gradually restore health. I can put the Coat of Shadow on her with gradually restore health though. I've been farming for BB armor lvl 3 and still no luck with the armor that I want.

I wish. I don't have Coat of Oblivion with gradually restore health. I can put the Coat of Shadow on her with gradually restore health though. I've been farming for BB armor lvl 3 and still no luck with the armor that I want.

what do you with the lvl 3 armor that you dont want? sell the gunk? make it anyways and sell it, wasting those rift crystals?

what do you with the lvl 3 armor that you dont want? sell the gunk? make it anyways and sell it, wasting those rift crystals?
Normally, if I had duplicates, I would sell it, but I haven't finished the Trappings of Evil quest which requires completing all 3 sets of Shadow, Betrayer and Grave set. I dragonforge a few pieces and realize it needs to be in its base form for it to count. No upgrades. Once I get the armor that I need for my pawn and my arisen. I wouldn't purify them any longer.
I have 7 million RC now.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Normally, if I had duplicates, I would sell it, but I haven't finished the Trappings of Evil quest which requires completing all 3 sets of Shadow, Betrayer and Grave set. I dragonforge a few pieces and realize it needs to be in its base form for it to count. No upgrades.

Wait, what?

Crap.

Exentryk

Okay, I'll start sending you some BBI 3 armors as well. Be so much easier if I could just give you the armor with the right buff haha.

Sarcasm

You can give her a silver or bronze idol if you like, they will unlock some items but not all. Any unlocks will stay in NG+ so you can give the gold to Madeleine the next time. Though the equipment will be outdated by then.

Find the silver idol and give it to Madeleine. The items don't carry, but you can do the quest again in NG+ so you can reverse gold/silver then if you want to see the full stock of both. In either case, it's doubtful you'll want anything from either vendor once you get to post-game.

So does it stay or not on NG+?

Alright, pretty big spoilers I guess.

I just killed the dragon, GS got messed up and the Duke is mad at me. I fall in a giant hole. What's up? I thought I was at the end of the game :lol Is this half way? Closer to the end than that?

I just killed the dragon, GS got messed up and the Duke is mad at me. I fall in a giant hole. What's up? I thought I was at the end of the game :lol Is this half way? Closer to the end than that?

You're in
the post game. About 90% done with your first playthrough, but there's plenty to do in NG+ so no worries on continuing!

I think I have two quests left for the all non notice board quests trophy. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

You should of got a quest recently. That is the point of no return quest for the end.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Normally, if I had duplicates, I would sell it, but I haven't finished the Trappings of Evil quest which requires completing all 3 sets of Shadow, Betrayer and Grave set. I dragonforge a few pieces and realize it needs to be in its base form for it to count. No upgrades. Once I get the armor that I need for my pawn and my arisen. I wouldn't purify them any longer.
I have 7 million RC now.
The wiki says that you don't need the base versions, but I wonder. I have the same problem. I have all 13 goddamn pieces, triple-checked the list, some of them are dragonforged and some are base, and the quest just won't get completed. >_<

Exentryk

Luna pls.

MI5Tqbx.jpg

Find the silver idol and give it to Madeleine. The items don't carry, but you can do the quest again in NG+ so you can reverse gold/silver then if you want to see the full stock of both. In either case, it's doubtful you'll want anything from either vendor once you get to post-game.

So does it stay or not on NG+?

I was mistaken on that part. Just checked my vendors in NG+ and they're still upgraded. You can do the quest again, like the others said, and open up the 2nd vendor fully (I haven't gotten back to that quest, yet).

Exentryk

Well, I got lucky and got gradual health on a Coat of Oblivion for my pawn.

Also got a Persecutor's Mask from an Eliminator. It'll match with my Tormentor's Mask if I ever wanna roleplay as an Eliminator lol.

Nice! Makes staying at critical health easier.

P.S: I sent through a BBI lvl 3 armor a few hours ago with Dirge. Good luck on finding the stronger health restore armor.

Elija2

What kind of items should I be gifting to people after I use their pawn? I mostly use pawns with a higher level than me so I feel like any weapons and armour that I have would be useless to them.

ParityBit

What kind of items should I be gifting to people after I use their pawn? I mostly use pawns with a higher level than me so I feel like any weapons and armour that I have would be useless to them.

I give Grandgrapes if good! I don't know .... they just sounded yummy sop that is my gift of choice.

Akiller

As an assassin pure strength is usually the best. Buy the Helmbarte daggers from the guy on BBI if you don't have them. Use bloodlust, clout and vehemence augments, ideally opportunism as well if you've found it. Sleep until night to activate bloodlust. Bring a bunch of conquerer's periapts (Fournival sells them) and use 4 at a time.

Yeah, Daimon becomes a joke thanks to that. But
i try to climb on true form Daimon to reach his head but he always hits me with a thunder spell, then he uses the vortex
and it's game over

Exentryk

Consumables are usually good. Healing and Stamina items, Str and Mag buff items, etc. Or some missable items.

Top Bottom