• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, exterminating the Ogres in the Ancient Quarry was a blast. It was the first time I've faced them head on like that. This game is at it's best when you're working with your crew to take down huge and nasty monsters. If Capcom is gonna be going crazy with DLC they better sell us some monster packs, I need more shit to hunt.

I think i'm nearing the end

Dragon came back and ate crazy dude and was like come at me bro...again

I guess that means I missed the Duchess storyline stuff....oh well.

Also, I made a new character using the 360's Cloud save system thing for the hell of it. Cutscenes aren't as bad if you use a younger Arisen. The ridiculous gestures and expressions are much more befitting a scared and confused kid than a grown-ass man.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I haven't done that yet. Maximillian warned me that all my sidequests would be forfeit, so I figured I'd go do those first.

The quests you have to complete before that cut-off are
the Wyrm Hunts and one or two of the quests you get from NPCs. Your notice board quests are fine and never expire no matter how far in the main plot quests you proceed. If those are all you've got left then you can feel free to proceed without fear.

Also, I made a new character using the 360's Cloud save system thing for the hell of it. Cutscenes aren't as bad if you use a younger Arisen. The ridiculous gestures and expressions are much more befitting a scared and confused kid than a grown-ass man.

Thinking back on it, a lot of the Arisen's actions in cutscenes would rather make sense if they're intended to communicate a general sentiment of "I NEED AN ADULT."

Kard8p3

YESSSS!
I killed the dragon! That. Was. Amazing. Easily one of my favorite final bosses. I am watching the cutscene with Grand Soren now! Holy crap.. Also I somehow got Madeliene(sp?) as my love interest, haha

Not a problem.

So, my mage is a genius. My blade has a permanent ice enchantment, but she goes ahead and uses Ice Affinity on me, anyway.

This sounds dumb at first, but if you were playing a strider or ranger the ice affinity spell would apply it to your bow as well. I have flame and thunder daggers but am constantly yelling at my mages to affinity up the bow also

This game is baaaalllliiiinnnn.

It's so damn fun. I wish you could have multiple save slots though, my roommate wants to start a game.

6ERZp.jpg

BAAAAALLLLLLIIIIINNN!!

Kard8p3

Holllly crap!

Just got to post game, left my starting town to go to Grand Soren..run down onto the beach only for a black chimera to attack me

:lol

Astra

This sounds dumb at first, but if you were playing a strider or ranger the ice affinity spell would apply it to your bow as well. I have flame and thunder daggers but am constantly yelling at my mages to affinity up the bow also

Haha, yeah, I'm an Assassin, so she was enchanting my bow. I didn't need her to, but of course if I did, and she wasn't, I'd probably toss her off a cliff.

Holllly crap!

Just got to post game, left my starting town to go to Grand Soren..run down onto the beach only for a black chimera to attack me

Hmm... I could use some beach time...

Holy shit, Hellhounds. They actually
drag you off, away from the fight and your companions to chew on your neck. Damn! They scary.

Kard8p3

So, I have a question
So after I killed The Wyrm, I got Dragon's Tail and Dragon's Faith, perfect for my Mystic Knight. Can I upgrade these/dragonforge these? Also how can I get some daggers and a bow? Ur-dragon drops? Where is that guy anyway?

Holy shit, Hellhounds. They actually
drag you off, away from the fight and your companions to chew on your neck. Damn! They scary.

Yeah, I HATE fighting them.

Astra

So, I have a question
So after I killed The Wyrm, I got Dragon's Tail and Dragon's Faith, perfect for my Mystic Knight. Can I upgrade these/dragonforge these? Also how can I get some daggers and a bow? Ur-dragon drops? Where is that guy anyway?

Yeah, I HATE fighting them.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe you
jump down a huge hole in Gran Soren, and it takes you to a place beyond the rift. (or maybe it's in the Everfall?). Someone will have to confirm.

Yeah, these post-game enemies are crazy. I love them!

Kard8p3

Ooooooh Shhhiii-

I took on a post-game quest called
A Challenge
which I think you get from Cassardis, or maybe the encampment, didn't expect to fight a
Hydra
!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That gold idol quest is such bullshit, I failed that and have to do another playhthrough now.

I really hate the game's auto-save mechanic.

Astra

That gold idol quest is such bullshut, I failed that and have to do another playhthrough now.

I really hate the game's auto-save mechanic.

isn't the autosave different from the save file you make for yourself?
The auto-save is a checkpoint, so if you were to quit to the main menu, and load your game, wouldn't it load to the last time you manually saved?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
isn't the autosave different from the save file you make for yourself?
The auto-save is a checkpoint, so if you were to quit to the main menu, and load your game, wouldn't it load to the last time you manually saved?
Well after I failed that quest, I immediately quit to the main menu but it didn't work. I only need 3 trophies for platinum so this really pisses me off.

joe2187

Banned
So I changed some shit up with Mystic Knight...

Holy furor is fucking so badass...takes a long ass time to charge but when it does....man, watch the fireworks happen.

~Major Ending Spoilers~

Oh man, having to choose between sacrificing your love interest or facing the dragon was so hard. I so very wanted to let the dragon eat the duchess, but I also wanted to have an epic final battle. I was just sitting there staring at the screen for like five minutes before I finally decided to kill that know-it-all jerk.

That boss fight was so JRPGish in its ridiculousness, but it was awesome. "Epic" is really the best word to describe it with. I wish he wasn't such a wuss, though. I can't imagine how easy it would have been if I actually had time to prepare and get pimped instead of charging in early because I accidentally triggered the Final Battle quest.

But seriously, to hell with this game's matchmaking mechanics. That royal nutter can fuck off back to Bumblefuckistan for all I care. Give me Mercedes or Madeleine.

~Major Ending Spoilers~

Not sure whether I'll proceed with post-game or start over with a Strider/Assassin character.

Um, I don't think it was a
love interest as well, I was like who the fuck is that? Isn't that the guy from the vladios is missing quest from the first town? Game did a close up of the arisen looking him in the face like they were lovers and I cracked up. No joke. I had a male arisen. Outside of that early quest to save that guy, um, he never figured in my game at all so I was fucking surprised to see him at the end.

I also charged into the final battle with almost no curative so it was pretty challenging/heart stopping fight. Perfect if you ask me

couple of asides.
A) I was pissed off I couldn't save forutinal. Because I no longer have access to 10k ferry stones. How do you save him? I had all the jury/evidence and ran all over. Only thing I didn't do *which on hindsight I should have was buy 4x innocent docs. I also lost access to the GOLD idol?! I'm going to assume because some pawn said he had a gold one

B) so I gave CAXTON a bronze idol. Does that affect the goods he sells?

C) Is there any value to exploring the world POST ENDING.1? I am now deepfalling and its crazy in there. Any good stuff in the overworld?

D) who do you buy stuff from everfall and how do you keep track of whether or not you've been in a room?

Not a problem.

So, my mage is a genius. My blade has a permanent ice enchantment, but she goes ahead and uses Ice Affinity on me, anyway.

ha, i had one who would cry out "they are weak to fire!" and then cast lightning buffs over the fire buffs i'd already set up on everyone :|

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just switched it up to Mystic Knight. Kinda wishing the game had some sort of quick-swap feature for your primary weapon or something. The whole point of a Mystic Knight is to be able to use swords/maces AND magic. But having to go into the equipment screen every time to swap my primary weapon dissuades me from using both, and instead I just use one or the other 99% of the time.

Arcteryx

Sigh, I HATE having to keep buying potions to re-align my pawn's inclinations. It's cool and all that they learn stuff, but wtf man...if I tell them to behave a certain way...STICK TO IT!!!!

Somehow she switched from Utilitarian/Scather to Guardian/Medicant....fuuuuuuuu

ironcreed

Banned
Beat it at level 45 and holy shit at what happens after you think it's over. Let's just say that real Dragon's Dogma starts here. Now I absolutely have to
choose not to kill the dragon
in another play through. It demands it.

Greatest post game ever? Say what you want about the story, but the end is incredibly powerful. Nothing short of classic, and that is not hyperbole.

Astra

ha, i had one who would cry out "they are weak to fire!" and then cast lightning buffs over the fire buffs i'd already set up on everyone :|

Haha, yeah they're such assholes sometimes. Sure they get it right more often than not, but that is little comfort when their screw up costs me my life!

Sigh, I HATE having to keep buying potions to re-align my pawn's inclinations. It's cool and all that they learn stuff, but wtf man...if I tell them to behave a certain way...STICK TO IT!!!!

Somehow she switched from Utilitarian/Scather to Guardian/Medicant....fuuuuuuuu

Yep, my pawn has done the very same. Seems using the "come" and "help me" commands realligns your pawn to guardian. Using "Go" seems to incline them more toward scather. Which sucks, because I use the help command to get my party enchanted before heading into battle.

couple of asides.
A) I was pissed off I couldn't save forutinal. Because I no longer have access to 10k ferry stones. How do you save him? I had all the jury/evidence and ran all over. Only thing I didn't do *which on hindsight I should have was buy 4x innocent docs. I also lost access to the GOLD idol?! I'm going to assume because some pawn said he had a gold one

C) Is there any value to exploring the world POST ENDING.1? I am now deepfalling and its crazy in there. Any good stuff in the overworld?

D) who do you buy stuff from everfall and how do you keep track of whether or not you've been in a room?

A & B) Yes, you lost access to some weapons, but now that you are in the end game you have access to better equipment.

C) The story is not over yet. There are still quests you can do. You can also get out of the everfall by taking the path past the girl pawn who is asking for the 20 wakestones. Plus all of the best loot in the game is contained in this area. If you are up for it, ever other area in the game now contains surprises. Collect the 20 wakestones and turn them in to end the game.

D) You can go back out to the vendors in Gran Soren, or some of the levels in the everfall contain pawns who will sell you goods. They are expensive, but are worth it for their power.

Kard8p3

Man this game is crazy..Everfall is kicking my butt! Is there a way out, or do I have to just ferrystone out all the time?

Dresden

Right now it's like a five dollar difference between new and used . . . getting those sales means more likely to get a sequel.

putarorex

Damn the autosaves in this game. I hadn't played the game in a few days and forgot the need to manually save everyonce in a while--lost at least an hour of killing mobs, including two cyclops and a chimera....

Schwabe

couple of asides.

go into jail with a skeleton key and you can buy still things...

Top Bottom