• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Torraz

I really don't want to reignite the console version war but I have a question:

Do I get to use the online features (pawns, ur dragon thingy etc.) on the xbox 360 as a silver member?

I kind of wish; reading these posts that I didn't jump into NG+ without buying the weapons I wanted. Now itd be ages before I get it again.

What classes are people using to kill urdragon and what level? I couldn't make a ding whenever I went there and the motherfucker is brutal. Never survived the 8 minutes. I'm a level 60 magic archer but was largely for the most parts in the game a warrior.

my understanding is that magic archer ranged damage is entirely based on your magic stat.

If you're a level 60 magic archer that spent most of the game as a warrior, your stat-ups were mostly in strength, not magic. So the damage you're doing is much, much weaker as a MA than someone who spent most of the game as a mage, sorcerer, or magic archer.

I'd switch to ranger if you want to be an archer type. the strength boosts you got from warrior means you'd be doing crazy damage with a greatbow.

I haven't had a chance to play this game in 5 days, hoping to get back into it after work today.

Only level 14 and still quite early on. As others have said the exploration aspect of this game is in it's own class. And the feeling you get when making it through the night by the skin of your teeth is just unruly.

As far as the tech issues, it is what it is. I suppose I've actually played worse in the RPG spectrum when you come to think of it, but this is an amazingly designed game, it just feels budgeted in the engine.

Hideaki Itsuno: " We would like 10 million for funding sir "
Hiroyuki Kobayashi: " What are you making "
Itsuno: "An ambitious project a genre melding RPG!"
Kobayashi " you get 3 million all the real money has gone to Brosplosion RE6 "
Itsuno " OK....:( "

haha, killing blow in on the ur-dragon...at level 47! look at all dem wakestones! awww yiss.

I've only killed one other boss in the everfall (the beholder) any other reason I should stick around?

Anteater

Started new game+, my pawn is now a fighter, we have no range attacks so she would use the shield summon to get the harpies down and I thought "No need, I have shield launch equipped and I could send you skyhigh
YGhc9.gif
"

I launched her and I thought it would allow her to attack in the air but I guess not :(...

dragonsdogmascreenshodjfvj.jpg

Arcteryx

haha, killing blow in on the ur-dragon...at level 47! look at all dem wakestones! awww yiss.

I've only killed one other boss in the everfall (the beholder) any other reason I should stick around?

Go through all of the bosses there at least a couple times to get the Xp/grind for items. NG+ is too easy, so you might as well stay for awhile and fight challenging stuff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Started new game+, my pawn is now a fighter, we have no range attacks so she would use the shield summon to get the harpies down and I thought "No need, I have shield launch equipped and I could send you skyhigh
YGhc9.gif
"

I launched her and I thought it would allow her to attack in the air but I guess not :(...

IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/dragonsdogmascreenshodjfvj.jpg[/IMG]

Holy shit, I'm laughing my ass off. :lol

Is there a "dont display helm" option somewhere? I bought the bright green hair dye, but it sucks that I can't use it since the best armor for my characters head covers the whole thing up. I appreciated that about Amalur that they let you not display it if you didnt want to.

mujun

I kind of wish; reading these posts that I didn't jump into NG+ without buying the weapons I wanted. Now itd be ages before I get it again.

What classes are people using to kill urdragon and what level? I couldn't make a ding whenever I went there and the motherfucker is brutal. Never survived the 8 minutes. I'm a level 60 magic archer but was largely for the most parts in the game a warrior.

Nothing to say to the proof I posted?

Carcetti

I'm trying to tell this game about some friends but they're not getting it. Is there a single video on youtube that shows the amazing crazy epicness of this game really well?

I'm trying to tell this game about some friends but they're not getting it. Is there a single video on youtube that shows the amazing crazy epicness of this game really well?

There's a demo.

Nothing to say to the proof I posted?

Yeah, for a guy that was really adamant that the game wasn't letterboxed, to the point of calling anyone that says it was a troll, he's certainly grown quiet on the matter.

still having fun at the post game. at this point I'm considering my decision to put my portcrystal at the healing spring a goddamn work of genius- getting there on foot would be pure hell with the postgame monstrosities wandering around.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So, question...im doing
that one Wyrm quest where you have to investigate the secret meeting, and you end up in the catacombs.

I get pretty far through there, but
then there's an area where 5-6 skeleton warriors come and attack and just destroy me and my pawns. We're all level 16 or 17, but none of my hits really do damage.
Am i too underpowered for this mission yet, or is there something else im missing here?

Arcteryx

Try to find the OXM UK(whoever was playing Hooboooy) or Robert Cram videos; both do a pretty amazing job of showing the strengths/weaknesses of the game.

So, question...im doing
that one Wyrm quest where you have to investigate the secret meeting, and you end up in the catacombs.

I get pretty far through there, but
then there's an area where 5-6 skeleton warriors come and attack and just destroy me and my pawns. We're all level 16 or 17, but none of my hits really do damage.
Am i too underpowered for this mission yet, or is there something else im missing here?

you might be underleveled, I didn't do that mission until I was in my 20s, I think.

Skeletons are weak to holy and fire though- so if you have a mage pawn that can enchant your weapons to that they go down pretty fast.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Do monsters in
Everfall
not count towards vocation progression? I've beaten a TON of bosses down there and haven't ranked up once yet.

nataku

Is the strategy guide worth it? I'm considering getting it for a NG+ playthrough once I beat the game and mess around with post game for a bit.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Beat dat dragon last night. Holy - Shit.

This game. THIS GAME.

Dogma + my lion cloth and lion helm all dragon forged - some crazy space assassin shit goin on. I feel like a deadly yoshimitsu.. got pictures of climbing all over the dragon. Whipped the shit out of him .. then loaded in the post game biz - had to battle my way all the way towards Gran Soren as I wanted to save there before I went to sleep and got mobbed by a drake right outside the front gate. Bitch... i just fragged THE dragon... you sir are not shit. Got pics of ripping him up as well... AFTER he killed my entire party. Twice. Love this shit so bad.

Astra

Is the strategy guide worth it? I'm considering getting it for a NG+ playthrough once I beat the game and mess around with post game for a bit.

Yes, it's a great guide, especially since chests have a chance of spawning one of several items. The guide tells you what spawns in what chest, and the percentage of it appearing. The downside is, you might end up quitting and reloading a hundred times until you get what you want. haha.
The guide has maps of all dungeons and such, but I wish it had maps of the forts, and other areas of the game that don't have their own "neighborhood map".

Babalu.

Just updated my pawn. Casca from Berserk. She will guard you and you pawns and acts like a tank calling enemies to her. She has the extra health and extra stamina and soon she will take less damage from hits and magic once I get playing in the next couple days.

Xbox - BabaIu
Pawn - Casca
Level - around 35 i think
Vocation - Fighter

I can't believe how hard it is to take pictures but these are from my phone. The camera makes the pawns move around out of the way and I dont have a facebook.

She is constantly being updated to look more like casca as armor becomes available and new skills and such so if you do use her update her every few days.

RUUvQ.jpg

DiDQB.jpg

YkgAb.jpg

ArChJ.jpg

Schwabe

Is there any reason the UrDragon would just up and leave not even 10 seconds after showing up?

were you in the arena or in the chamber with the high score board?

i were in with Gen 55, he's down to 7 1/3 HB...

actually i didn't know, that you can knock him down while he does his dive move... one mighty bend with my dragonforged fey whisper and that big guy fell down hard^^

Astra

were you in the arena or in the chamber with the high score board?

i were in with Gen 55, he's down to 7 1/3 HB...

actually i didn't know, that you can knock him down while he does his dive move... one mighty bend with my dragonforged fey whisper and that big guy fell down hard^^

Well, I was in the chamber area first, and then the cutscene played with him descending, at which point I rushed into the arena and started attacking him. Then he just flew away.

Vamphuntr

So I beat the game last night (well the first "ending" I guess). Can someone explain to me (ENDING SPOILERS)
How your lover is chosen in the ending? I got Selene (the witch/ex pawn) while I never cared about her. I had done the two quests for the princess and even showered her with gifts and I still got Selene :(

As for the Ur-Dragon thing, It seems they didn't code a way for you to damage it if you are a Sorcerer/Mage and my main character is a Sorcerer :(. Not sure if I want to change vocation only for that. I'm not even sure I can change vocation at that point in the story either.

edgefusion

So I beat the game last night (well the first "ending" I guess). Can someone explain to me (ENDING SPOILERS)
How your lover is chosen in the ending? I got Selene (the witch/ex pawn) while I never cared about her. I had done the two quests for the princess and even showered her with gifts and I still got Selene :(

As for the Ur-Dragon thing, It seems they didn't code a way for you to damage it if you are a Sorcerer/Mage and my main character is a Sorcerer :(. Not sure if I want to change vocation only for that. I'm not even sure I can change vocation at that point in the story either.

It's based on who likes you the most, so if you do a lot of quests/give gifts to a particular NPC that will raise their affinity with you. If it's any consolation my character turned out to be a pedophile and got the 10 year old Symone.

The Ur-Dragon is reeeeal hard to do noticeable damage to and you have to hit it on its weak-spots. I was battering it as a Magick Knight and doing no real damage to it for the whole fight. I think you just have to be real goddamn powerful.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's based on who likes you the most, so if you do a lot of quests/give gifts to a particular NPC that will raise their affinity with you. If it's any consolation my character turned out to be a pedophile and got the 10 year Symone.

OH GOD THAT CAN HAPPEN? :lol :lol

Please tell me they at least didn't give you the
scene by the fire
with her. That would just be all kinds of fucked up. :lol

Top Bottom