• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Thanks. I am a little confused.
I don't understand why people are referring to this as post game when the plot is clearly not over yet. What I am confused by is if he is someone I have to face in order to progress. I currently have 10 out of 20 of those stones. After 20 stones do I go to whoever the final boss is and then I'm done?

The Ur Dragon is completely optional. You can ignore him for now if you want.

And yeah, after you turn 20 wakestones in the game is about to end.

The tome is at the very top of the tower in the bandit fort, you'll have to do some odd jumping to reach it though.

Lol, really?! Haha, what the heck. The way the bandit leader spoke about it, he made it sounds like it was on him personally, and here I was thinking of becoming a strider just to learn Pilfer..embarassing.....going and get it nowly!!

Do you have enough ranks for Magic Cannon? That's what I use when I need ranged damage. Or just equip a staff and go Iron Mage on him.

That plus enchanting your weapon with
Darkness
magic will knock out quite a bit of health off the Dragon, assuming that's who you mean by final boss.

Where should I attack him?

What's weird is I hired two awesome high level pawns with all my rift crystals right before this. They're like high 40s and I'm like 35 or something. We've rolled through everything up until this fight but suddenly I can't do shit damage. Hmmm.

Schwabe

Thanks. I am a little confused.
I don't understand why people are referring to this as post game when the plot is clearly not over yet. What I am confused by is if he is someone I have to face in order to progress. I currently have 10 out of 20 of those stones. After 20 stones do I go to whoever the final boss is and then I'm done?

It's called postgame in the official guide, so i don't know whats wrong with that term ^^

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I'm not below begging. I desire high end assassin gear... not even sure what it might be called? ... but if anyone feels generous and would like to hook it up .. i would seriously appreciate it!!

PSN : silkysm00th
Pawn name: Vimes

oracrest

You create your main pawn, if you're talking about Rook he's your intro to pawn, he doesn't seem to level so you out pace him eventually.

Yeah, it was Rook. I traded him out for one of my friends higher level mage pawns, and things have gotten a little easier.

I just wish the pawns would be a little more careful near the edges of cliffs. It seems like I lose them mainly when they get knocked off a cliff by an enemy and I can't get down to them.

I'm not below begging. I desire high end assassin gear... not even sure what it might be called? ... but if anyone feels generous and would like to hook it up .. i would seriously appreciate it!!

PSN : silkysm00th
Pawn name: Vimes

Haha, the set I asked for above is high-end Assassin gear. Apparently, they're all 2% drops at Everfall =/

What's weird is I hired two awesome high level pawns with all my rift crystals right before this. They're like high 40s and I'm like 35 or something. We've rolled through everything up until this fight but suddenly I can't do shit damage. Hmmm.
35 seems quite low to me.

Anteater

Attack him in the heart

cametall

The tome is at the very top of the tower in the bandit fort, you'll have to do some odd jumping to reach it though.

I thought this was the wonkiest damn quest in the game.

You need to get the tome, you find out the bandit has it, the bandit threatens me and says I'd have to fight/kill him for it.

Then a support pawn says, "there's a rare chest at the top of the tower" or something like that. I climb up there and it's the tome. I proceed to stroll out as the bandits form a circle and start going fisticuffs at each other.

Arcteryx

Anyone has a link to the loots in the chests of Everfall?

Haven't seen one yet, only just a guide on what types of enemies are in the chambers. If you search around for the item you want there are usually some hits with people letting you know which chambers have it(nothing compiled though)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Both time's i've fought the Ur-Dragon i've done steady damage to him without fail. Almost always go for the heart... only once did his claw ground pound move hurt me for some reason and I almost died while mid gouge. Imma watch gaf like a hawk for the next shout out that the dragon is dead and it's time to farm up... cause I want that assassin gear so bad!!

:p to you earv!! I was an assassin first! DIBS! :)

I sent you the cape, make sure to switch over to fighter/warrior so I can send the greaves

:( there needs to be a sad assassin kicks rocks by himself .gif ...

Arcteryx

Both time's i've fought the Ur-Dragon i've done steady damage to him without fail. Almost always go for the heart... only once did his claw ground pound move hurt me for some reason and I almost died while mid gouge. Imma watch gaf like a hawk for the next shout out that the dragon is dead and it's time to farm up... cause I want that assassin gear so bad!!

:p to you earv!! I was an assassin first! DIBS! :)

:( there needs to be a sad assassin kicks rocks by himself .gif ...

What's your PSN? I backed up my save, I'll hook you up with the cape and a Fey Whisper(unless you have it already)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So now i need -
assassin-y:
Greaves
Torso cloth/armor both
helm
arms ...

I just changed the whole set of my character last night to make him MUCH lighter and more assassin like as the Rex Lion gear was dope (beat the dragon with it) but not at all the look I was going for with my sweet sweet Havlock assassin.
All things assassin ... anyone that wants to donate.. I have a few things to trade (would happily give away my waystone or what not... even though i know you can buy in new game+...

Vamphuntr

Haven't seen one yet, only just a guide on what types of enemies are in the chambers. If you search around for the item you want there are usually some hits with people letting you know which chambers have it(nothing compiled though)

:/ Community doesn't seem so great.

Arcteryx

:/ Community doesn't seem so great.

Check on GameFAQs, I've had good luck on there with people detailing where they found stuff.

Oh nice, may I have it as well? Would you like a Port Crystal or a Golden Belt for your troubles.

=D
Switch your pawn over to Strider so I can send the bow. No need for either, got way too much stuff :). Thanks though.

omfg. PSN = Silkysm00th ( the o's are zeros ) - Pawn's name is Vimes

you sir... are a gentleman and a sexy beast. Oftentimes both at once.

dat bow.
Make sure to switch yours over to Strider as well

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Is there any real reason to go out into the world in post game? It seems like all the best stuff can be found right in the everfall.

I went out last night looking for trouble and was suprised to find that in Devil Fire the drake is actually the same kind/level beasty .. along with very low level goblins and such. Kind of threw me off as I was expecting an upgraded big bad and at the very least hell hounds or something. I did run into a Dark Chimera on my through the woods towards a Life Spring... but the Golems were also not any stronger.

Is there anything past the Southern fort? All that gray area screams for beasties but I haven't been back there since I cleared the gobs out ages ago.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Check on GameFAQs, I've had good luck on there with people detailing where they found stuff.

Switch your pawn over to Strider so I can send the bow. No need for either, got way too much stuff :). Thanks though.

Make sure to switch yours over to Strider as well

Aww damn. I'll have to do it when i get home. Should be around 5:00ish west coast time.

Amir0x

Banned
WHO? How is that even possible without ever leaving Gran Soren for 20 hours?

The witchwood chick, Selene I think. We've been in fights with massive enemies, with trolls, golems, ogres, griffons, chimeras... even a drake! Little bitch keeps on truckin' along, always somehow barely avoiding death. I think she quite enjoys the adventure! I don't want to lead her to her place :(

So I switched my female sorcerer Arisen I was using for NG+ back to the male Ranger I used for my first playthrough. I missed my bow skills too much...

So...does anyone know what's supposed to happen when you walk through an enemy's tripwire? I've been playing for 100 hours and not once have I observed this having an effect on anything.

Arcteryx

earvcunanan your pawn is showing up as a sorcerer for some reason when I hire them(even though it shows strider in the menu). I'll try hiring/sending again in a little bit. Might be glitched atm

earvcunanan your pawn is showing up as a sorcerer for some reason when I hire them(even though it shows strider in the menu). I'll try hiring/sending again in a little bit. Might be glitched atm

It's alright, I don't need the bow. It's for a Strider, right? I'm an Assassin so it won't work for me. Thanks anyway =)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
must have all the twilight gear... i'm so into it now... maybe another set of mid level full on armor of sorts... and then i'm gonna level up warrior.

DAT GEAR!

reson8or

I know right? Who's brilliant idea was this? However Warriors are absolutely bonkers when they do actually hit something, so maybe thats why? I'm not sure.

Another 3 skills should be patched in.

Also, the ability to arrage items alphabetically would really help.

I would trade that for the ability to use a crossbow to hit flying enemies myself. Nothing more frustrating than having a wight/lich/dragon you can't reach and waiting for the Pawn to attack.

reson8or

What are the augments of not being with any pawns when you're an assassin, Is it balanced?

Automaton is the skill. You get a 70% boost to magic and physical damage when not with any Pawns, and it is absolutely broken I have more than 4K strength with it active and at night.

Grisby

So how close am I to this first end? Want to go ahead and get to the post game stuff now.

I just
got this magic ring back from the king and now have to run to the Wayward castle because some douche wants to meet me.

reson8or

That's basically exactly what i'm plannin on doin... And yes... Assassin playin as a true assassin .. alone and at night... so dangerous.

It really is fun. Nothing like sprinting in total darkness and running into a swarm of Undead or Chimera or other big baddie :)

I simply can't stop playing and doing it as Assassin is that much more fun.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
It really is fun. Nothing like sprinting in total darkness and running into a swarm of Undead or Chimera or other big baddie :)

I simply can't stop playing and doing it as Assassin is that much more fun.

I tried to switch a while ago ... was starring at the vocation screen for like 45 minutes but just couldn't pull the trigger. The first time I killed a cyclops by myself... in the dark ... almalca glowing blue gouge deep in the spine dodging and just playing with him. So sold. Best vocation ever.

Can't wait to get a few more levels under me and start farming rooms in the everfall as a solo assassin. fuckin yum.

justapoorboybeggingtime:
Assassin gear! High End! Need it now! I've got some stuff! You've got some stuff! I need your stuff probably a lot more than you need my stuff! But it's ok we're friends gimme that gear yo!!

PM ... i'll be changing the vocation of my pawn when I get home around 5 west coast time to strider so you all can bathe me in wonderful killing gear.

It's called postgame in the official guide, so i don't know whats wrong with that term ^^

Because
it does not seem post game to me. Post game usually means the story is done, and there are tinier quests and additional things to do afterwards. That's certainly true here, but the the fight with the dragon is clearly not the end of the main plot.
I'd say the official guide, which I have, is wrong.

Schwabe

Because
it does not seem post game to me. Post game usually means the story is done, and there are tinier quests and additional things to do afterwards. That's certainly true here, but the the fight with the dragon is clearly not the end of the main plot.
I'd say the official guide, which I have, is wrong.

and i say "who cares?". I mean, is it really that important? The main thing behind the term is, that we can communicate about the things after... and before ... between ... you know what i mean. what should it be called? happy hour?
chamber farming? apocalypse now? soylent green sky?
O,o

Top Bottom