• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

wait wait wait! You can use master kill on magic attacks?! THIS CHANGES EEEEEVERRRRYTHIIIING!

Also what gear is that? (Specifically the armor)

Also jesus Ur-Dragon is on generation 80?! Man I'm never going to kill him online! Uuugh

Dave1988

wait wait wait! You can use master kill on magic attacks?! THIS CHANGES EEEEEVERRRRYTHIIIING!

Also what gear is that? (Specifically the armor)

Also jesus Ur-Dragon is on generation 80?! Man I'm never going to kill him online! Uuugh

Probably the Dark Lorica.

It's Gen 81 now, actually. Oh, and the grace period is back again.

Okay I keep hearing you have to go to bluemoon tower twice, is the first time when you are
going after salomet?
. Because I'm getting there now for that quest and have never been there before, just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong

Anteater

Okay I keep hearing you have to go to bluemoon tower twice, is the first time when you are
going after salomet?
. Because I'm getting there now for that quest and have never been there before, just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong

There was a quest where
you go after the Griffin, but you could kill it before it flies off, so that leaves only Salomet if you've already done the Griffin quest.

OMG I can masterful kill magic attacks! This is so godlike! Man they should have never showed me this!

EDIT: THE CAKE IS A LIE! T__T there is some shit you can't counter with masterful kill.

OMG I can masterful kill magic attacks! This is so godlike! Man they should have never showed me this!

EDIT: THE CAKE IS A LIE! T__T there is some shit you can't counter with masterful kill.

Yeah if you read the comments on that video the poster said there were certain spells he couldn't counter. Can't wait to mess around with this anyway.

FcGar.jpg

Tempting.

Styles

Fighting ogres at night in the woods was probably not very wise. I died a few times, but when I finally manage to defeat the duo, man does it feel satisfying.

Edit:

Does anyone know where I can find Purpure Crystals or what drops them?

Another Edit:

Where are the best places to farm Saurian
Sages
?

Chamber of Hesitation in the Everfall, it's the 3rd one down when you jump from the 1st platform.

I believe it helps to have a Drake, Wyrm, and Wyvern tear in your inventory.

Anteater

I really think some of the skills are really creative in this game, after finishing assassin I'm probably going back to mess with the shield skills on m. knight, it's just so fun.

Zaptruder

Banned
If you never touch her you get the gold idol...just sayin....feel free to throw her kill her afterwards though.

I picked her up and immediately got sent to jail for it. She was running and just started walking. I was like... what the hell??

So I can't get the gold idol anymore because of that?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I went back to snakebite, seems more useful to me.

How is the high end damage on Masterful Kill? I've got it set into my Daggers skillset but I almost never use it. Was kind of hoping for an expert opinion from a dagger fan on which would be the better as my catchall dagger counter move.

Still... gouge all day.

How is the high end damage on Masterful Kill? I've got it set into my Daggers skillset but I almost never use it. Was kind of hoping for an expert opinion from a dagger fan on which would be the better as my catchall dagger counter move.

Still... gouge all day.

Well my physical damage is at 1153, and using masterful kill I can take a nice bit of life out of enemies, more than Snakebite. Honestly I keep switching too and from it. Right now I'm back again using masterful kill because in a room full of grimgoblins/skeletons it you're basically invincible. Just keep using masterful kill and you'll counter something.

If I switch to Magick Archer from level 10 ranger, will I be fucked by the reduction in damage from the bow? I like having my pawns, so would I be better off going to Assassin, considering the skills suited to lone play

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Well my physical damage is at 1153, and using masterful kill I can take a nice bit of life out of enemies, more than Snakebite. Honestly I keep switching too and from it. Right now I'm back again using masterful kill because in a room full of grimgoblins/skeletons it you're basically invincible. Just keep using masterful kill and you'll counter something.

So ... a more precise question being: If i go into hesitation and fight the 2 chimeras and that damn lich.. countering the Lich's spell will sent me directly to him with a master kill slice? Cause if so ... i gotta put my Dragon's Pain back into rotation.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The_Hitcher89 said:
If I switch to Magick Archer from level 10 ranger, will I be fucked by the reduction in damage from the bow?

If you've been using mainly phys damage jobs, MA will be quite underwhelming. You'll really need a lot of mag+ augments to get it up to par.

I did so many levels as Assassin by the time I got round to it it was kinda pitiful.

If you've been using mainly phys damage jobs, MA will be quite underwhelming. You'll really need a lot of mag+ augments to get it up to par.

I did so many levels as Assassin by the time I got round to it it was kinda pitiful.

Think I'm gonna go with Assassin. I'll miss my Longbow though. Looks so much better than the Shortbow

So ... a more precise question being: If i go into hesitation and fight the 2 chimeras and that damn lich.. countering the Lich's spell will sent me directly to him with a master kill slice? Cause if so ... i gotta put my Dragon's Pain back into rotation.

I found out that the Lich's lighting bolt stun can't be countered with Masterful Kill :( I'ved tried adjusting the timing on 5 separate occassions and it just can't be countered. Kinda sad because with Holy affinity when he's on the ground I eat him pretty quickly.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I found out that the Lich's lighting bolt stun can't be countered with Masterful Kill :( I'ved tried adjusting the timing on 5 separate occassions and it just can't be countered. Kinda sad because with Holy affinity when he's on the ground I eat him pretty quickly.

I realized that 5fold+holy was pretty quick unless he floats down and then I can Intimate Gambit his lower legs and it's all over pretty fast. Cept he is a complete bitch and rarely comes down low enough when I need him to. Woulda been sweet to be able to port up there with masterkill and do some decent damage to his ass. Ah well... I love my fucking Carnation so much i don't see myself using daggers too much anyways.

FYI ... so i know.. and have the right pair on me (just in case) what's the best dagger set?

I realized that 5fold+holy was pretty quick unless he floats down and then I can Intimate Gambit his lower legs and it's all over pretty fast. Cept he is a complete bitch and rarely comes down low enough when I need him to. Woulda been sweet to be able to port up there with masterkill and do some decent damage to his ass. Ah well... I love my fucking Carnation so much i don't see myself using daggers too much anyways.

I've never touched swords, but I might after I watched a dire gouge video haha.

FYI ... so i know.. and have the right pair on me (just in case) what's the best dagger set?

I actually have no clue on that. :(

I can't afford Dragon's Pain quite yet since I splurged on upgrading my pawns gear....I'm broke again. (By broke I mean I only have 130k)

I wanted to find a .gif of Dante from grandma's boy doin the "No bro.... " face...

Haven't touched swords?!?! ... aw son... You don't know the powah!!

Yea I've always been a dagger person with assassin class characters. Even when I play MMOs. =(

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Best weapon for assassin imho is Ascalon, brutally powerful when dragonforged.

I tend to prefer holy weapons due to their flexibility, its nice not having to worry about being en-spelled to take down ghosts.

I tend to prefer holy weapons due to their flexibility, its nice not having to worry about being en-spelled to take down ghosts.

The Ascalon was nice, but I just preferred the Dragon's Dogma for the looks. In fact, post-game/NG+ was all about looks for my Arisen and Pawn - didn't care for stats all that much. I was bulldozing through everything anyway.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Yea I've always been a dagger person with assassin class characters. Even when I play MMOs. =(

Alright. Already got my Pain set so i'm coo ...

And swords are basically the entire reason i went assassin. To be able to play this critical hit/dmg monster that is also the cool calm collected black clad ninja dude ... omfgish... so fucking fun. Crawling on bastards.. finding dat spot (i know them all now) where you can just sit and chill and twist that freakin blade for days.

When i got my Carnation dragon forged and happened upon the first chimera after that in the everfall i laughed as 15 seconds went by and he was dead. Single monsters... without support or another larger monster in the area to throw some variation my way, i simply eat alive. So gud.

I was really hoping that Clairvoyance would do something more along the lines of Masterful Kill. Ah well. The Riposte skill on shields will have to do ;)

The Ascalon is the sword I carry with me when i'm doing solo assassin work as my enchanted option. It is indeed powerful but if i'm killing something that isn't straight weak to holy the dmg base of the Carnation is just too much to compare to.
But everyone needs a ghostbuster.

I need something for the Summer drought and this is seeming to be mighty tempting as of late.

- Do I need a guide?
- How fluid, easy to learn and fun is the combat?
- Any known bugs or glitches?
- New game +?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Hmmm... not really had a play around with Carnation yet. For some reason chests in Everfall have always showered me with weapons but boned me over and over on armour pieces, as a result I've got a load of nice gear that's never been touched.

Time to go and poke a few dragons :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I need something for the Summer drought and this is seeming to be mighty tempting as of late.

- Do I need a guide?
- How fluid, easy to learn and fun is the combat?
- Any known bugs or glitches?
- New game +?

- No guide is more fun in my opinion. There's always the Internet if you get stuck.
- Fun and easy to learn is the combat. Very fun (and fluid).
- No idea about bugs/glitches.
- Yes new game+

shield is fun to use, but i can't justify relying on pawns for ranged attacks somehow, i rather do it myself.

The Ascalon was nice, but I just preferred the Dragon's Dogma for the looks. In fact, post-game/NG+ was all about looks for my Arisen and Pawn - didn't care for stats all that much. I was bulldozing through everything anyway.

i went that route for my pawn. i switched her to warrior for the last hours to wear that kickass red leather dragon armor look. my main was the dragon forger, he had to wear a mixed armor look. i think half of my warehouse is dragon forged.

Top Bottom