• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Anteater

That interview is japanese so it's all up to the japanese to support him, it will be their fault if we end up not getting anything!

I think the patch from last week for the RE6 update also may have also put a fix in for the screen tearing. I barely notice any screen tearing on the 360 version, like I did previously.

dubq

What DLC is up this week?

I am going to guess that we'll get more "From Another Sky" quests along with an item pack or two. If there are items I hope there are some higher level ones.. I can't even use any of the add-ons with my character right now as he's too powerful.

Also - can we patch this game to have more than one save-slot? :D

dubq

what is better guilty or not guilty ?

what are the advantages of either for trail and tribulations ?

Definitely Not Guilty!

Fournival sells Ferrystones for half of what the Black Cat does. Though for me, I tried to get a not guilty verdict, it still came out guilty. I would check a walkthrough to see how it's done exactly. Now his kid wanders the ratways and keeps asking me for 100,000 gold.. Supposedly you can get him acquitted but I haven't figured it out yet.

Anteater

have no problem fighting this ogre but he keeps drop kicking my pawns down the ledge

m1RKY.png

Edit: Whatever I could've totally killed you even if you don't fall off the ledge!

dubq

have no problem fighting this ogre but he keeps drop kicking my pawns down the ledge

m1RKY.png

Edit: Whatever I could've totally killed you even if you don't fall off the ledge!

LMAO - are you talking about the cyclops on the way to the women's bandit camp? I had the same thing happen. He kept wrecking me until my pawn sidled him off the ledge and it was "QUEST COMPLETE!" lol

Anteater

LMAO - are you talking about the cyclops on the way to the women's bandit camp? I had the same thing happen. He kept wrecking me until my pawn sidled him off the ledge and it was "QUEST COMPLETE!" lol

Nah the ogre in everfall at the beginning, the cyclops near the bandits camp did fall when I fought him though :D

Actually now I thought about it I've had countless cyclops falling off the cliff when I fought them in the game, never gets old!

dubq

Nah the ogre in everfall at the beginning, the cyclops near the bandits camp did fall when I fought him though :D

Actually now I thought about it I've had countless cyclops falling off the cliff when I fought them in the game, never gets old!

I keep getting nervous that my Assassin main is going to be grappling one when it does happen again.. ;)

Anteater

Do altar slates respawn in the Water Gods temple? I went there and since they weighed so much and i couldnt find a use i just dropped 3 of them :(

Try checking the black cat at gran soren and see if they sell it, they're suppose to sell discarded quest items or something, but I've never checked

I keep getting nervous that my Assassin main is going to be grappling one when it does happen again.. ;)

I was grappling onto the everfall ogre, when I realized he was going over the edge. Leapt off, and managed to grab the edge, with the camera pointed down as I see the ogre plummet.

Couldn't do it again on purpose in 1000 attempts, but it was so awesome.

maomaoIYP

I was grappling onto the everfall ogre, when I realized he was going over the edge. Leapt off, and managed to grab the edge, with the camera pointed down as I see the ogre plummet.

Couldn't do it again on purpose in 1000 attempts, but it was so awesome.

Holy shit that sounds bloody amazing. Orges are a real bitch to fight at low levels, I've never had the one at everfall suicide for me.

MechaX

Just managed to max out the warrior class and got the good augments for it. I decided to switch over to Assassin but I miss just mindlessly slashing my way through hordes. However, actually having a way to take down flying enemies is definitely a plus now. Plus, with the Fighter/Warrior Augments, the bow skills do a ridiculous amount of damage to some enemies.

But I guess it's time to get back to the quests. I ended up getting up to like level 36 just exploring places and I still have to do the very first Everfall quest. Did I just ensure that I'm completely overpowered for the rest of the game?

Just managed to max out the warrior class and got the good augments for it. I decided to switch over to Assassin but I miss just mindlessly slashing my way through hordes. However, actually having a way to take down flying enemies is definitely a plus now. Plus, with the Fighter/Warrior Augments, the bow skills do a ridiculous amount of damage to some enemies.

But I guess it's time to get back to the quests. I ended up getting up to like level 36 just exploring places and I still have to do the very first Everfall quest. Did I just ensure that I'm completely overpowered for the rest of the game?

You'll bulldoze through some of the story quests, but some encounters later on should still pose a challenge.

fionel

I just got to Everfall and as a lover of D&D shadow over mystara, I gotta say I love this game for its numerous references to SoM in its designs if nothing else. Everfall instantly reminded me of the falling stage in SoM. The sequence before the dragon battle reminded me of the red dragon. Tons of other little things that I can't recall off the top of my head at the moment but I'm really glad they pay homage to that game in these subtle ways. I truly hope they will have real multiplayer in place in a sequel!

maomaoIYP

I just got to Everfall and as a lover of D&D shadow over mystara, I gotta say I love this game for its numerous references to SoM in its designs if nothing else. Everfall instantly reminded me of the falling stage in SoM. The sequence before the dragon battle reminded me of the red dragon. Tons of other little things that I can't recall off the top of my head at the moment but I'm really glad they pay homage to that game in these subtle ways. I truly hope they will have real multiplayer in place in a sequel!

Yes! There's plenty of other references to SoM and ToD! Glad I'm not the only one who sees it! Wait till you get to the end, you'll see something that will definitely remind you of SoM.

Riposte

I'm level 32 and I just got access to Royal missions after the wyrmhunt missions. Overleveled?

Also I tried to kill a drake at level 30, but it wasn't working out. Too much health.

MechaX

I'm level 32 and I just got access to Royal missions after the wyrmhunt missions. Overleveled?

Also I tried to kill a drake at level 30, but it wasn't working out. Too much health.

I just beat the drake. The key is to
play as an assassin, grab the heart near its chest, and spam Scarlet Kisses. You can probably knock out a lifebar by doing this. And when the drake gets back up, get away/revive your pawns, and repeat when you have an opening.

Where or what would be the best way to change my Pawn's fighting style? Hes on "Guardian" right now and just sits behind me and almost never attacks. I know the Knowledge Chairs are good, but which one should I use to change him to something more useful?

maomaoIYP

Does it give a description of what "The Challenger" DLC entails?

Just another cryptic line of "new quests on quests board".

fake edit: I just realized why you can always get the tattered cloak and molten boots during the final battle.....Savan has the cloak while his pawn has the boots during the tutorial.

Hobbun

Just another cryptic line of "new quests on quests board".

I’m assuming it is the message given from Capcom when logging into the game?

I am guessing (if the DLC is up) that there is most likely a more detailed description under the actual DLC in the Playstation Store.

3 choices:

-I spend loads of time in the
Everfall
getting the best equipment I can get
-I sweep it once
-I get the last mission over and done with, and move onto NG+

I'm thinking of just doing number 2.

Is any of that a spoiler btw?

Also, where the hell do I get Gran Soren
rubble
from? Found one piece
outside the city
ages ago, but nothing since. Can I forge it to get the 10 I need?

360 owners! Did anyone else encounter a couple of minutes of the disk making weird clicking noises when installing to the HDD? After that it just installed normally.

I've done a bit of Googling and some people have reported the same issue, but I couldn't find anyone talking about it on GAF. Dodgy disk or just the way it is?

Schwabe

Also, where the hell do I get Gran Soren
rubble
from? Found one piece
outside the city
ages ago, but nothing since. Can I forge it to get the 10 I need?

i found one on the right side behind a wall when going from the fountain to the pawn guild. it respawns once a week i think (like the ferrystone at the portchrystal). yes, you can forge it.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
DD's biggest failing is its lack of difficulty after your first cycle; even replaying from scratch on a new char is pretty elementary when you know where all the even mildly challenging encounters occur.

Love the game, but its unfortunate that there's no way to replicate the initial experience. I'd pay a lot for a legitimate "hard" mode.

dubq

Anyone have any port crystal locations? I still only have one from the Blue Tower..

Also...

AxaI9F-CQAAhGnH.jpg:large

My pawn on the far right and my main next to her. Shout out to Yuki & Zalmon on the left! Two great mage and sorcerer pawns that I've been sticking with for a while now.

AxaJMWnCAAId9NF.jpg:large

Anyone else think you should get something more than gifts and rift crystals when you main comes back from someone else? I'd like to at least see how much my pawn did on his travels

Anteater

Anyone have any port crystal locations? I still only have one from the Blue Tower..

There's only 1 port crystal the entire game I think, you could buy more in new game+, you could also have people gifting them if they're rich :p

DD's biggest failing is its lack of difficulty after your first cycle; even replaying from scratch on a new char is pretty elementary when you know where all the even mildly challenging encounters occur.

Love the game, but its unfortunate that there's no way to replicate the initial experience. I'd pay a lot for a legitimate "hard" mode.

I still find starting from scratch kind of fun, but they really should have some kind of new mode that randomizes the enemies a bit more, I pray for a patch for that every week.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
For the next game some kind of recording mode for video would be fantastic. As far as the couldn't do that again if i tried 1,000,000 times kind of moments... this game is untouchable.

I just Finished off an cyclops with a gouge to the eyeball... leap from his head, turn mid air and came down skullsplitter style and severed a chimeras tail, stun him to the floor just in time for my new girlfriend mage to knock the holy shit out of him with meteor.

oooohhhhhhhhhhsplooge.

Can't wait for real, true... intense DLC.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm nearing the end of the game. I definitely want to play through it again on New Game+, but is there any reason to mess around in the post-game world before starting up New Game+?

I'm nearing the end of the game. I definitely want to play through it again on New Game+, but is there any reason to mess around in the post-game world before starting up New Game+?

loot. I wish I had gotten the best or tried to get the best gear before I went to NG+

so much love from gamers who gave this game a shot.

Anteater

You could fight a few drakes in post game that speaks some unique lines if you don't mind the traveling, one is at bloodwater beach, watergod altar and bluemoon tower (I think). I didn't bother with the bluemoon tower one because I didn't leave a port crystal there.

My magic bow is kind of weak, meh, the magic flare arrow is hella cool though

Don't have enough points for double jump and I don't even have a roll, feels bad man.

Anyone else think you should get something more than gifts and rift crystals when you main comes back from someone else? I'd like to at least see how much my pawn did on his travels

The best thing about your pawn being rented is when you receive quest and monster knowledge. Also, sometimes people will be nice enough to equip your pawn with something cool.

you can farm EF for loot and check out the new world bosses. that's what i did for endless hours.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the replies regarding the post-game.

One more thing: does anyone know how the DLC works in this game? If I buy it on one PSN account, will it work if I'm logged into another account on the same console, or is it tied to the PSN ID?

dubq

I think the rift crystals are tied to the psn id, but the other stuff like the weapons and whatnot should be usable across the console.

Top Bottom