• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Karak

Just got the go-ahead from duckroll to create a thread in Gaming Community for Pawn sharing, screenshot sharing and PSN/XBL ID sharing. Should be up shortly and I'll ask Dresden to include it in the OP.

Awesome but can't screens go here in the actual Official thread since the community stuff makes sense to move but screenshots, some that might cause others to be interested in the game, seem to be better suited here.

Awesome but can't screens go here in the actual Official thread since the community stuff makes sense to move but screenshots, some that might cause others to be interested in the game, seem to be better suited here.

Yeah, you're right. I'll just make it a PSN/XBL and Pawn sharing thread.

Lucent

Just got the go-ahead from duckroll to create a thread in Gaming Community for Pawn sharing, screenshot sharing and PSN/XBL ID sharing. Should be up shortly and I'll ask Dresden to include it in the OP.

Good stuff. I can't wait to see all the screenshots and stories.

Hoarr

Neo Member
Now I have to ask, does this game have custom soundtrack support on the PS3?

Because I'm suddenly interested in doing what you just did.

No idea, but that'd be something! Having the various Triple H themes blaring while you no-sell dragon attacks. Creating a Stephanie McMahon and a Shawn Michaels as your pawns.

Things are pretty busy until Saturday, but I can't wait to have time to play the game*.

*pleasedontbanme

Anyone with a 150g Slim have any issues with PS firmware 4.11? This thing forces you to update to the "optional" firmware, and I've read about a lot of network issues with this update.

Lucent

Anyone with a 150g Slim have any issues with PS firmware 4.11? This thing forces you to update to the "optional" firmware, and I've read about a lot of network issues with this update.

150? I have a 120gb slim (realistically 111gb) And I haven't experienced any of these problems.

I haven't had any network issues after updating a few days ago. I did find it strange that it (4.11 firmware) was required to play Game of Thrones though when it was supposed to be optional.

On-topic though, I can't wait to play the game tomorrow. I don't get off work until 6 PM so I'm sure it will be a long day.

I finished customizing the look of my character and pawn via the demo though, so don't have to worry about spending time on that.

Jay Sosa

The tearing is so bizarre on 360. It never occurs when you're actually doing anything. Only when you're running through towns/encampments.

darthvadernoooo.gif

Sheeeeit I came in here to aski if it's as bad as in the demo, or if they fixed it.

Goddamnit If I hate anything it's tearing. Is it as bad on the Ps3?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
darthvadernoooo.gif

Sheeeeit I came in here to aski if it's as bad as in the demo, or if they fixed it.

There's no tearing on PS3 but the framerate was worse in the demo.

Assuming it's like other 360 framework games, setting the console to 720p instead of 1080p reduces the tearing a lot, but it'll still be present.

Jay Sosa

Thanks guys, will get it on the PS3 then.

Assuming it's like other 360 framework games, setting the console to 720p instead of 1080p reduces the tearing a lot, but it'll still be present.

Thanks! Didn't know that.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Seems I will be joining you guys a bit earlier than I thought as my order has been dispatched a full 3 days before EU release. Awesome. Pre-ordering pays off.

Teknoman

The music, its "epic" style music, but not generic in the least bit, which is awesome. It actually has a Monster Hunter vibe going for it, where you get this really tense feeling while fighting, and the music builds when the boss monster weakens. Sound design is top notch, huge attacks feel like they have appropriate force, poisonous clouds hiss, and fire crackles nicely. Pretty close with Souls series in this aspect. Harpies death cries are insane.

Yup this is going to be good. The Chimera caught me in it's mouth when I missed a jump, and while it had my leg, I was slashing desperately at it's nose to make it drop me. Going to spoiler block everything else now since i'm past the demo starting point.

How do you use the Arisen you already created though? It just sent me straight to character creation...this wouldnt have something to do with having used the Japanese version of the demo would it?

EDIT: Damn...think I need to redownload the JP demo, write down the specifics of my characters, then jump back to NA retail.

Had fun with the combat system during the prologue area, really does feel like a slower Devil May Cry meets action RPG with a little Monster Hunter.

Lucent

The music, its "epic" style music, but not generic in the least bit, which is awesome. It actually has a Monster Hunter vibe going for it, where you get this really tense feeling while fighting, and the music builds when the boss monster weakens. Sound design is top notch, huge attacks feel like they have appropriate force, poisonous clouds hiss, and fire crackles nicely. Pretty close with Souls series in this aspect. Harpies death cries are insane.

Yup this is going to be good. The Chimera caught me in it's mouth when I missed a jump, and while it had my leg, I was slashing desperately at it's nose to make it drop me. Going to spoiler block everything else now since i'm past the demo starting point.

How do you use the Arisen you already created though? It just sent me straight to character creation...this wouldnt have something to do with having used the Japanese version of the demo would it?

EDIT: Damn...think I need to redownload the JP demo, write down the specifics of my characters, then jump back to NA retail.

Had fun with the combat system during the prologue area, really does feel like a slower Devil May Cry meets action RPG with a little Monster Hunter.

I had a feeling this would happen. That's why I waited for the US demo to come out before I created a character and deleted the Japanese demo (I only used it to play the missions cuz I couldn't wait). Good thing I made that choice.

Teknoman

I had a feeling this would happen. That's why I waited for the US demo to come out before I created a character and deleted the Japanese demo (I only used it to play the missions cuz I couldn't wait). Good thing I made that choice.

Yeah I wish I would've waited since it looks like i'll have to just create my character later this morning. Oh well, at least its not totally lost.

EDIT: Character creation theme sounds like it has a bit of MGS theme in it lol.

Lucent

Yeah I wish I would've waited since it looks like i'll have to just create my character later this morning. Oh well, at least its not totally lost.

EDIT: Character creation theme sounds like it has a bit of MGS theme in it lol.

lol. I never listened to it that well. Hmm...Might do that tomorrow.

Got my copy today, WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, for parents out there, does this have any nudity/sexual stuff or overally graphic violence early on? Was planning on playing some of this in front of my 8 year old. He thought the demo was awesome.

Aw dang, I guess I'll have to write down all my character info as well.

Also, for parents out there, does this have any nudity/sexual stuff or overally graphic violence early on? Was planning on playing some of this in front of my 8 year old. He thought the demo was awesome.

There's the part where that dragon rips out your heart and has it floating towards him with blood flowing from it

Not a spoiler perse but still I am going to since I might piss off some people.

Cyntec

sometimes it becomes creepy, especially when zombies or other undead appear. Also alot of blood is spitting out of enemies when you hit them. Wouldn't recommend to show this game to children under 12/13 years.

darthvadernoooo.gif

You hate it more than the constant 25FPS on the PS3 and where it can dip towards the 20FPS when in some intense fights?

Anteater

You hate it more than the constant 25FPS on the PS3 and where it can dip towards the 20FPS when in some intense fights?

Tearing does bug some people more than the framerate, yea, I like smoother framerate myself, I do find tearing incredibly annoying when it's consistent, I just got used to it many years of playing games without vsync on pc, but it's just the matter of preference what people prefer.

I wonder if big characters swing faster as a warrior, I remember in other trailers the big warrior types swings with ease, or it could be my imagination...

Teknoman

I'm leaning towards Assassin or Mystic Knight as my final destination since my main pawn will be using a greatsword as her weapon.

Anteater

I have a tougher time deciding what I want to make my main pawn, since I want her to be warrior and a mage, which are 2 extreme opposites
KuGsj.gif

sometimes it becomes creepy, especially when zombies or other undead appear. Also alot of blood is spitting out of enemies when you hit them. Wouldn't recommend to show this game to children under 12/13 years.

I agree but cat's already out of the bag with my son regarding some of that stuff. Like he watched me play Monster Hunter Tri quite alot. He just dug the idea of slaying/fighting dragons and beasts.

There's the part where that dragon rips out your heart and has it floating towards him with blood flowing from it

Not a spoiler perse but still I am going to since I might piss off some people.

Yeah, that's not too bad. Seen that shot and it's isn't grotesque, just sorts of "pops" out, lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Personally, I find screen tearing to be far, far worse than framerate dips.

Actually I find all the framerate complaints kind of amusing. You can certainly tell who in this thread has never played and enjoyed an EDF game. :lol

Personally, I find screen tearing to be far, far worse than framerate dips.

Actually I find all the framerate complaints kind of amusing. You can certainly tell who in this thread has never played and enjoyed an EDF game. :lol

The V-Sync is a none issue in Dragon's Dogma because it happens so little, and usually when it happens it is in huge fights where the screen is packed with enemies. What do you prefer in fights? A steady framerate where you can stay in flow or be constantly interrupted by annoying framerate dips? I am just saying.

Top Bottom