• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream up concept art for a new video game in DALL-E 3

Myths

Took a while generating stuff, saved tons but you can only show so much within reason. Very image heavy, you’ve been warned.

Got a very elaborate FF17 collection I think, but only a few in this post for now until I write out more later. NSFW.

7mbx5Fi.jpg

Initialing facing off against armored goblins in a disillusioned forest.

u4zr6n9.jpg

Battle against a Moss Giant (weaker elemental variant of Iron Giant) in the dark forest. For now the color tones and temperature of the area may seem “mute” (brown/greys), but only until this guy is felled. Our heroes restore the livelihood of the forest resulting in a more verdant appearance followed by a brief respite.

cY0PMxk.jpg

Shortly after exiting, they are ambushed with the young lady taken captive and the knight to bleed out. His infant chocobo also mortally wounded.
skfjTWx.jpg

That ends a short key point scenario. Other concepts:

An Aeolian kingdom:
ZOg2fjn.jpg

8KHPTEM.jpg

fNj5Iez.jpg

A knight and princess (couldn’t choose between either):

mg4CEde.jpg

y3x9TVX.jpg

y3x9TVX.jpg

Ancient Forest Grove:
XVhxsaN.jpg

JHr5mgx.jpg

Meeting with a descendant of Ancients here:

qrlWM6h.jpg

bJpQOF5.jpg

Glacian State:
q2FuMP.jpeg

q2Ffzo.jpeg

Couldn’t choose between Shiva, I like the material of one but the design of the other;
q2FXKv.md.jpeg

q2Fxj5.jpeg

Ifrit. All summons are composed of crystal to some degree, just that he and Golem absorb far more light than Shiva.

q2FGhb.jpeg

As an action game, I’d imagine the arcades/columns would be very useful for cover and magic firing.
q2FhC7.jpeg

Nothing better than traveling across an arid desert in search of treasures, scrolls, and ruins.

q2UTxk.jpeg

q2Uk1x.jpeg

q2U6pH.jpeg

Terran Estates:
Emporiums, bazaars, the like…

q2UCF1.jpeg

I guess the few wet seasons in the wadi would foster the growth and evolution from standard to river chocobo.

q2UQ0c.jpeg

Gysahl Greens are overpriced here, let’s go.

q2UVBK.jpeg

q2U9oZ.jpeg

q2Uq2P.jpeg

Diabolo’s crater, bring extra canteens for sufficient hydration (or Enfrost your equipment to negate area effect):

q2crZv.jpeg

It’s too hot for a standard chocobo, only black breeds can tolerate the heat:
q2ctsC.jpeg

q2c1u5.jpeg

Azurine Isles:
Comprising well over 100 islands, the azurine isles take crystals and sea shells to an absurd level.

q2wzgF.jpeg

q2wS33.jpeg

q2weN0.jpeg

q2wvWD.jpeg

q2wL9q.jpeg

q2wXi1.jpeg

q2wb9c.jpeg

Sylph’s Sanctuary:
q2Umei.jpeg

Her mother Ultima’s Firament:
q2Usxo.jpeg

You can get to these isles through a defunct rune in the Tower of Babel. Well, it was a tower but it’s since been overrun by the creatures of Ultima known as Wyverns.

q2U2Sr.jpeg

q2U8wF.jpeg

q2UW13.jpeg

Leviathan under siege:
q2xRtr.jpeg

The wyverns are close cousins to Leviathan, aiding it in plight.

q2xT4F.jpeg

Quite like the slight “western” art movement from my selection. It’s technically how the series started way back when, even conceptually taking sheets out of Wizardry and Ultima is I’m not mistaken.

Last edited:
Took a while generating stuff, saved tons but you can only show so much within reason. Very image heavy, you’ve been warned.

Got a very elaborate FF17 collection I think, but only a few in this post for now until I write out more later. NSFW.

7mbx5Fi.jpg

Initialing facing off against armored goblins in a disillusioned forest.

u4zr6n9.jpg

Battle against a Moss Giant (weaker elemental variant of Iron Giant) in the dark forest. For now the color tones and temperature of the area may seem “mute” (brown/greys), but only until this guy is felled. Our heroes restore the livelihood of the forest resulting in a more verdant appearance followed by a brief respite.

cY0PMxk.jpg

Shortly after exiting, they are ambushed with the young lady taken captive and the knight to bleed out. His infant chocobo also mortally wounded.
skfjTWx.jpg

That ends a short key point scenario. Other concepts:

An Aeolian kingdom:
ZOg2fjn.jpg

8KHPTEM.jpg

fNj5Iez.jpg

A knight and princess (couldn’t choose between either):

mg4CEde.jpg

y3x9TVX.jpg

y3x9TVX.jpg

Ancient Forest Grove:
XVhxsaN.jpg

JHr5mgx.jpg

Meeting with a descendant of Ancients here:

qrlWM6h.jpg

bJpQOF5.jpg

Glacian State:
q2FuMP.jpeg

q2Ffzo.jpeg

Couldn’t choose between Shiva, I like the material of one but the design of the other;
q2FXKv.md.jpeg

q2Fxj5.jpeg

Ifrit. All summons are composed of crystal to some degree, just that he and Golem absorb far more light than Shiva.

q2FGhb.jpeg

As an action game, I’d imagine the arcades/columns would be very useful for cover and magic firing.
q2FhC7.jpeg

Nothing better than traveling across an arid desert in search of treasures, scrolls, and ruins.

q2UTxk.jpeg

q2Uk1x.jpeg

q2U6pH.jpeg

Terran Estates:
Emporiums, bazaars, the like…

q2UCF1.jpeg

I guess the few wet seasons in the wadi would foster the growth and evolution from standard to river chocobo.

q2UQ0c.jpeg

Gysahl Greens are overpriced here, let’s go.

q2UVBK.jpeg

q2U9oZ.jpeg

q2Uq2P.jpeg

Diabolo’s crater, bring extra canteens for sufficient hydration (or Enfrost your equipment to negate area effect):

q2crZv.jpeg

It’s too hot for a standard chocobo, only black breeds can tolerate the heat:
q2ctsC.jpeg

q2c1u5.jpeg

Azurine Isles:
Comprising well over 100 islands, the azurine isles take crystals and sea shells to an absurd level.

q2wzgF.jpeg

q2wS33.jpeg

q2weN0.jpeg

q2wvWD.jpeg

q2wL9q.jpeg

q2wXi1.jpeg

q2wb9c.jpeg

Sylph’s Sanctuary:
q2Umei.jpeg

Her mother Ultima’s Firament:
q2Usxo.jpeg

You can get to these isles through a defunct rune in the Tower of Babel. Well, it was a tower but it’s since been overrun by the creatures of Ultima known as Wyverns.

q2U2Sr.jpeg

q2U8wF.jpeg

q2UW13.jpeg

Leviathan under siege:
q2xRtr.jpeg

The wyverns are close cousins to Leviathan, aiding it in plight.

q2xT4F.jpeg

Quite like the slight “western” art movement from my selection. It’s technically how the series started way back when, even conceptually taking sheets out of Wizardry and Ultima is I’m not mistaken.
I like it. It reminds me of that cancelled Final Fantasy Fortress game. If only that game had managed to be released.

Gp1

Shadow of the Colossus concept art by Yoshitaka Amano
OIG.GKCA1A2Rwv_ATug2CC0Z

OIG.gHJMb6C718xiS6pcHFES

OIG.i9NOQe30lIaCYA4Y_Z.l

Not exactly Amano but yeah.

Nespresso Cyberpunk 2077 starring George Clooney (posted on the other topic)
OIG.4Hen86hiBZJiBNhCyNmH

I was trying various fighting games concept art by Shikirio, but so far the results were subpar.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
This does not work with not so popular characters..... No matter how many times I try, Space channel 5 characters and Shenmue look nothing alike the originals
Maybe try describing the character instead? For Shenmue, "young Japanese man wearing a leather jacket" or something.

Unless you already tried that.

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
My first time using this but is it supposed to take more than 2 hours or am I stuck in a loop? I dont see a cancel option.

mdkirby

w1vrn79.jpg

God damn, I would genuinely love to have this as a poster.

Is there an artist union? Cause they better go on strike soon. This is the last chapter before AI takes over a majority of the creative “grunt work” for artists and writers. Who knows, probably coders and composers too.

The future is absolutely insane. I don’t know how I feel about it, but there’s no un-fucking this dog. We won’t go back.
It’ll mostly be artists using ai to make things. It does democratise things to a degree tho, in that there will be creative people who previously didn’t have the training or skill needed to express their creativity who can now do so with ai.

But principally I ascribe to the saying “your job won’t be taken by an ai, your job will be taken by an artist/human using ai”

An artist using ai can now rapidly ramp up their level of productivity, on a curve that’ll only increase over time. It won’t be long until ai masters 3d either. For example I envision a near future where instead of a concept artist being hired to draw some characters, then a different artist spend a month or so modelling 1 character, possibly with someone else doing the texturing. It’ll instead be one person. They’ll concept a race with ai, they’ll use ai to generate the models, fully textured, and instead of making one character, they’ll make an entire race of people. There’s the potential to both hugely increase the scope and quality of games (not just for aaa either), whilst simultaneously getting budgets under control.

I say this as an artist.

Robb

Gold Member
Here are more amazing concepts.

Metal Gear Makeup Salon
sOTOSHL.jpg

yL04f3S.jpg

2piMSTG.jpg

uZyI1rj.jpg

Luigi Deletes: Internet History
wWYfJ4u.jpg

snchfAM.jpg

zQNZxCa.jpg

Killer Pigs: The Awakening
XCECPnI.jpg

vxbmoev.jpg

dmXYY8R.jpg

Toon Links Power-Wash
kM0YSnM.jpg

sHA5cMv.jpg

jTvxzHU.jpg

Resident Evil: Tropical Vaycay
q2epUNe.jpg

GTLQ3KJ.jpg

ScwLSAC.jpg

Final Fantasy: Stock Brokers
waqfwwD.jpg

4nblCVR.jpg

Metroid: Crime Scene Investigations
A6raGnV.jpg

EPDElfP.jpg

E9vSRbM.jpg

The Last of Us VR: Window Cleaning
LWZinBr.jpg

FoFY84M.jpg

FFIQ9Ol.jpg

Splatoon Salon
gmEg5zm.jpg

aOQaa4Z.jpg

X0LtNWW.jpg

VIkOAZp.jpg

Sherlock Kratos: The Five Golden Coins
0c5cAXx.jpg

n3SoZwP.jpg

VX8Af23.jpg

Spider-Man: Embrace the Darkness
dCPTUwm.jpg

QSsrEMo.jpg

FslGctS.jpg

Princess Peach: Pre-school hijinks
hDwXWN4.jpg

TI9GJms.jpg

t84DbBD.jpg

1HPHymM.jpg

Kirby: Does What it Takes to Not Get Evicted
RBFP0F7.jpg

DxB2pA7.jpg

Princess Peach: DJ-heroes
qbymqb1.jpg

DWZLRU9.jpg

GtwJZYp.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
How long does this take ? I've been sitting in front of my PC for 5 minutes+ and still no generated image...
It depends on how detailed you're making the image to be. Can be 1-2 minutes, can take 30 minutes.

Initially I was writing long sentences, but I've recently switched to keywords separated by commas, and it seems the AI likes that structure more, since it's generating detailed images in a faster way.

Top Bottom