• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsignific

Banned
Look we have several people here on gaf who is playing though the game right now, we dont need to be told about the content of the game.

I was asked what I thought was lacking. I answered.

Apparently. criticising this game is off limits somehow.

Anyway, sorry for doing this twice; but I'm out and won't be bothering you with my opinions again.

He was right, too. The game suffers from what appears to be a common ailment this generation - next to zero content. Games like TDU had tons and tons more features and contents nearly 10 years ago.

Along with Destiny, this is becoming a huge problem with this generations triple As.

Sorry, but there seems to be quite some content. Have you been reading up on everything?
Next to zero content is a bit of a stretch compared to the actual content and events.

I was asked what I thought was lacking. I answered.

Apparently. criticising this game is off limits somehow.

Anyway, sorry for doing this twice; but I'm out and won't be bothering you with my opinions again.

Nope. but critisism based on lack of knowledge can be frowned upon. Understandibly so. "Next to no content" is what you said.

Raist

Banned
cartmanbasho.jpg

Maybe some modes in addition to the measly race, trial and drift (like maybe knock out, duel, bunch of others), to start with? Maybe some mechanical customization?

You know, stuff that's been staples of the genre for decades now?

Before you leave, can you tell me which mid 90s game had this content?

Purely on checklist, it's not entirely wrong.

But judging games based off checklist of features/content, imo, isn't always the best approach.

Sleeping Dogs isn't anywhere near as content-rich as GTAV or Watch_Dogs is, yet I felt that game was the most deserving of $60 of the 3 games because despite lesser content, I felt it offered a richer experience in the sandbox offered.

Suzzopher

I didn't even feel ripped off with the original Ridge Racer or Daytona USA. I played those games for hundreds of hours despite the lack of cars/courses.

Nyx

I didn't even feel ripped off with the original Ridge Racer or Daytona USA. I played those games for hundreds of hours despite the lack of cars/courses.

Exactly, for me a racing game like this is all about beating my own or my friends best times, over and over and over again.

Did you answer? I must have missed it - I'd like to know specifically what you think is missing (serious question).

He did :

Maybe some modes in addition to the measly race, trial and drift (like maybe knock out, duel, bunch of others), to start with? Maybe some mechanical customization?

You know, stuff that's been staples of the genre for decades now?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It takes a master of the driving genre to tame an Ariel Atom. It's ok, if you can't handle it we won't look down on you.

....from too high up the ladder. :D

viveks86

But judging games based off checklist of features/content, imo, isn't always the best approach.

Sleeping Dogs isn't anywhere near as content-rich as GTAV or Watch_Dogs is, yet I felt that game was the most deserving of $60 of the 3 games because despite lesser content, I felt it offered a richer experience in the sandbox offered.

The guy has been spreading paranoia since this thread began. Some phantom local game reviewer who he doesn't want to reveal has advised the entire community not to buy the game until they buy his magazine first.

And now said phantom reviewer has personally told him some things that make the game seem like "next to zero content". Geez.

Also, apparently my knowledge of the genre is limited.

At least the last one is half true.

Ishan

okay im just going with my experience with the f1 games, gt and nfs. Are people really that bad at driving? I mean I know it takes a lot of skill to pull off the lines well at a high speed but like slow down don't crash constantly?? just wondering hahah :)

EDIT and this is coming from someone who totally used the first few gts mechanics to corner my friends off the tracks in well timed fuck you moves lol :)

Jimrpg

I've preloaded it already, lots of people have :eek:

US store has started preloading, EU will be today sometime and UK on wednesday.

Wut? Which region are you in? US GAF has already preloaded with PS+ upgrade

AU PSN. I'm baffled right now. I have no option to tick for preloading, just pre-ordering.

I want to preload cause I have real shitty internet (its 4mbps and its shared between 25 households) that might take me a week to download.

I had to get the AU PSN version cause DLC... its $56 for the upgrade, and its anywhere between $79-100 for the retail plus shipping costs and delivery time.

okay im just going with my experience with the f1 games, gt and nfs. Are people really that bad at driving? I mean I know it takes a lot of skill to pull off the lines well at a high speed but like slow down don't crash constantly?? just wondering hahah :)

EDIT and this is coming from someone who totally used the first few gts mechanics to corner my friends off the tracks In a well times fuck you move lol :)

Wait till you get a load of me in 24 hours, I usually stick to Outrun/ Burnout type racers (although I did love MSR and DC on XBox) so it's going to be a steep learning curve for me to not just keep the hammer down regardless.

I think my friends list has doubled within the last 6 hours... :p
As I said before I'm not much of an online gamer(Unless it's Uncharted MP), but having so many people on my list will actually make the leaderboards useful for this game. :)

TEH-CJ

Banned
Ok guys. Prediction times

Ign - 7.5
Gamespot - 7
Gametrailers - 8
Giantbomb - 3 stars
Eurogamer - 7
Polygon - 6

Just my gut feeling. But hope im wrong..

viveks86

AU PSN. I'm baffled right now. I have no option to tick for preloading, just pre-ordering.

I want to preload cause I have real shitty internet (its 4mbps and its shared between 25 households) that might take me a week to download.

I had to get the AU PSN version cause DLC... its $56 for the upgrade, and its anywhere between $79-100 for the retail plus shipping costs and delivery time.

So you have purchased it or are you thinking about purchasing it?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The angst over low review scores is one of the weirdest phenomenon on GAF. But especially with Driveclub that lets you play all game modes with a limited selection of cars and tracks for an unlimited time.

I think my friends list has doubled within the last 6 hours... :p
As I said before I'm not much of an online gamer(Unless it's Uncharted MP), but having so many people on my list will actually make the leaderboards useful for this game. :)

Very. I already have someone challenging every one lmao. Everytime I enter the social hub in the game, I see him issuing 99+ clubs and many other players.

p3tran

Banned

I agree with this.

for me, how this game plays has been a puzzle for too long. so fuckin' bring on tomorrow!!

bombshell

AU is under SCEE, so preload will be later today (EU time)

Ishan

Wait till you get a load of me in 24 hours, I usually stick to Outrun/ Burnout type racers (although I did love MSR and DC and XBox) so it's going to be a steep learning curve for me to not just keep the hammer down regardless.

hahaha im sure youll catch up. but given the no damage model of this if I get on any of the gaf races im sooo going to be a bitch and rail road ppl off track so I can brake off the collision and make the curve well none the less :)

Noobcraft

Ign - 7.5
Gamespot - 7
Gametrailers - 8
Giantbomb - 3 stars
Eurogamer - 7
Polygon - 6

I think it will meta in the high 70's. Like 78. I think I'll pick it up some time down the road (maybe when they add weather and photomode) or after the price dips a bit ($30 territory).
I will definitely try the PS+ edition out.

Ishan

Ign - 7.5
Gamespot - 7
Gametrailers - 8
Giantbomb - 3 stars
Eurogamer - 7
Polygon - 6

going to go with

ign 9.0
gamespot 8.2
gametrailers 8.5
giant bomb 4
eurogamer 8
polygon 8.9

only one im not confident about for better or on par is ign. might end up being 8.7

Ishan

I think it will meta in the high 70's. Like 78. I think I'll pick it up some time down the road (maybe when they add weather and photomode) or after the price dips a bit ($30 territory).
I will definitely try the PS+ edition out.

going to go with 80+. I would have gone with 85+ but I don't think this game is going to get a lot of high nineties even from ppl who love it cause of the lack of weather/new dlc etc etc

EDIT: and like everygame there will be the 60s and 70s. I mean this is obviously no super masterpiece like mario64 etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom