• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

le-seb

that's weird. never had this issue.
It's not the same behaviour that when you're buying regular -already released- stuff, which will immediately provision your wallet up to the necessary amount.

Do you even have to cancel? I also manially added credit after i preordered and it worked fine
Not sure, but the mail I've received told me that it would make another try on the release date.
Felt too late, so...

Wow, the Atom is such a bitch. It`s impossible for me to beat the laptime with it in one of the last events. The same goes for the last event before the final tour with the venom gt. How am I supposed to be that fast? But I`m trying and I`m getting better and better, but not with the atom. This thing is undrivible :D

These are the last two stars I need to get every star in the tour. What a good singleplayer! I haven`t had that much fun in Singleplayer since Motorstorm: Pacific Rift! Even Forza Horizon 2 isn`t that fun, because the progression in FH2 feels just random. Here you get faster and faster cars during your progress and it makes so much fun!

Temptation got the better of me.

GpztPDJ.png

Roll on the 10th. Vroom Vroom!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That is the problem with winged cars, they have a performance window but getting into that window is counter intuitive as in most cases when the back kicks out it is because you are going too fast but with these kinds of cars it is because you are out of the window and need to go faster until you reach the actual limits of the vehicle.

The fact it looks so tricky to drive suggests they do have a good car simulation. I wonder what it would be like to drive with all the assists off, how close to a proper simulator would it be?

not sure if it is downforce related as much as it is simply power-off oversteer, with the weight coming off the rears so they spin up, and the weight transferring to the front so they dig in more.

hEist

Do you even have to cancel? I also manially added credit after i preordered and it worked fine

i canceled it to be on the safe side. Since i read about the paypal-refund debacle and banned psn-account months ago, i don't want to find me in kinda situation. You never know with psn.

napalmjam

Think ill just buy the upgrade the ps plus version have very little content . Anyone know when the reviews drop so I can avoid the forza invasion mob?

Number45

Are there any club options for someone that will play casually, and might not be any good? In a bigger group I feel I can take a spot, but with only 6 allowed it seems like I'll be affecting the club too much. :(

Marlenus

not sure if it is downforce related as much as it is simply power-off oversteer, with the weight coming off the rears so they spin up, and the weight transferring to the front so they dig in more.

I would think a bit of both. There is a lack of understeer when entering those longer sweeping corners which suggests you could carry more speed in giving more grip to the rear and reducing the chance that it will step out.

These cars are tricky, go too fast and you understeer and go out wide and if you drive too slow you fishtail all over the place. I wonder if there is any tyre temperature or brake temperature modelling. Considering everything else that is simulated I would imagine that it could be but I would not expect it to be in use.

Think ill just buy the upgrade the ps plus version have very little content . Anyone know when the reviews drop so I can avoid the forza invasion mob?

I think there's separate threads these days for review scores, so people can fight over percentage points, console rivalries and the downfall of the industry while people who own the game can chat about how good it is.

Are there any club options for someone that will play casually, and might not be any good? In a bigger group I feel I can take a spot, but with only 6 allowed it seems like I'll be affecting the club too much. :(

Why would you affect the club? The club works perfectly fine if everyone is driving for themself. You don`t have to drive with other clubmembers. Even in the SP you can help the Club!

You seem to be way too heavy on the throttle while accelerating and your steering input looks jerky to the point where it looks like you're using a D-Pad at times.

Need to be a whole lot easier on pretty much everything IMO.

The rear seems stable enough at high speed to the point where you under steer into the barriers, but your control of the torque at lower speed seems to be the challenge.

The car seems needlessly tail happy, but I'm not sure if it's all the car or you :p

Number45

Why would you affect the club? The club works perfectly fine if everyone is driving for themself. You don`t have to drive with other clubmembers. Even in the SP you can help the Club!
I just assumed I'd be dragging others down if I'm not playing as much, or very well. Great if that's not the case though.

That is the problem with winged cars, they have a performance window but getting into that window is counter intuitive as in most cases when the back kicks out it is because you are going too fast but with these kinds of cars it is because you are out of the window and need to go faster until you reach the actual limits of the vehicle.

Yep, although the upside with it is that you're going to be able to lay down some very solid lap times if you can get the car balance under control. The fast acceleration can be either a curse or a nightmare depending on how well you deal with it.

The fact it looks so tricky to drive suggests they do have a good car simulation. I wonder what it would be like to drive with all the assists off, how close to a proper simulator would it be?

If you're referring to DC, then there are no assists aside from one that will get you accustomed to using a wheel. Everyone is on the same playing field. So it really just comes down to how good of a driver you're. Which is a very old school arcade approach (and something I appreciate).

Yep, although the upside with it is that you're going to be able to lay down some very solid lap times if you can get the car balance under control. The fast acceleration can be either a curse or a nightmare depending on how well you deal with it.

If you're referring to DC, then there are no assists aside from one that will get you accustomed to using a wheel. Everyone is on the same playing field. So it really just comes down to how good of a driver you're. Which is a very old school arcade approach (and something I appreciate).

Pish posh, it means a lack of content silly.

Kane1345

The challenges that appear whilst racing like fastest sector, drift points etc do they take those challenges from your friends list first as priority?

in a game rewarding the fastest how can driveclub get away with not boasting a realistic physics model.
if it isnt realistic then the fastest will find weird ways to exploit whatever the driveclub model actually is. Beating them might become an exercise in searching for whatever loophole they found.

in a game rewarding the fastest how can driveclub get away with not boasting a realistic physics model.
if it isnt realistic then the fastest will find weird ways to exploit whatever the driveclub model actually is. Beating them might become an exercise in searching for whatever loophole they found.

People don't glitch in sims?

Ishan

People don't glitch in sims?

Agree. (2nd quote). its like asking does fzero or wipeout reward skill cause they have their "own physics". but this is going to derail the thread again and going by the mods lets keep it on topic.

EDIT jesus its only a day more!!! and given the amount of work I have today . im going to have to work sleep and then voila! wake up to driveclub !!

ok, i can see the wipeout argument is somewhat persuasive: the model might be much less conplicated than a real driving sim and yet still requires track memory, reflexes and so on, to rank first.
thinking of it as wipeout with exotic cars instead of anti grav tracks works for me.

You are driving it too slow, assuming they simulate downforce at all which considering how much else the simulate I think they probably do to atleast some degree. The thing is insane though, weighs less than an F1 car and has ~ 550 BHP.

No..the car is shit to handle on any game

Ishan

ok, i can see the wipeout argument is somewhat persuasive: the model might be much less conplicated than a real driving sim and yet still requires track memory, reflexes and so on, to rank first.
thinking of it as wipeout with exotic cars instead of anti grav tracks works for me.

glad to help :)

Boo, I was hoping you could pre-load the PS+ version. Ah well, I'll start it tomorrow morning and it should easily be done by the time I get home.

I'd like to join one of the GAF clubs but I want to wait and see if I like the game first.

Ishan

I wish Sony showed a bit more confidence and followed Microsoft's lead by having an early review embargo date.

would agree with you but I think with a game like dc it doesn't matter does it? its available for free. I think sony and evo already know the sales are from enthusiants early on and then they're trying to ride the word of mouth and dlc / updates sales.

Anhkow

I know some people were busting a nut over car sounds but they kind of lull me to sleep. I need some thumping music. Hope what's there is good since I don't want a music unlimited sub.

Get yourself a splitter like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F69P58M/?tag=neogaf0e-20 it's cheaper than subbing to Music Unlimited and you're not limited by their library. I usually hook up my phone to it and listen to some music streams while playing.

On topic: I'm looking forward to see if I can get my Logitech DF GT to work with CronusMax for this.

m@cross

Is there a webpage that details the game modes for Drive Club yet? After the multi-player debacle of Destiny, I am worried that myself and 3 friends won't easily play against each other.

If we form a 4 person club, can we not race vs each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom