• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

barit

OK this is my favourite part.

vpN54R.gif

My god........just...wow.

This is ... amaaaazing

There will be tons of ridiclious clips from this game on tah internet

viveks86

So we just crossed 300.

SE***GA5 (Don't know if you want your PSN revealed in public, so I censored it) is friend number 300. Congratulations. You just won the grand prize for tonight! Here you go!

Cookie.png

Are you serious? I wasn't that interested in this game a few months ago, but I've jumped on the hype wagon, hard. How could that have ever been a consideration? Seems sort of crazy considering you can just buy the game retail for $10 more and keep it forever.

It was a rough thread to be in if you were rallying against such a crazy decision by Sony/Evo, but it was overturned within 48 hours after we heard about it, so it was worth it.

viveks86

So "Driveclub-gaf" is the account I need to add to get into the club, hm?

No it's the account you add to make friends, so that you have enough friends to potentially form a club (if you haven't formed one already). If you already know your club members, you can still add the account to make more friends so you have more people to challenge in-game.

And who knows, if you aren't married already or you are having marital problems, you might just find your soulmate here, get married, have kids, grand kids and live happily ever after

kyser73

I dont't see what is so great about this, not trying to be hating, will surely be checking this out at a friends house but what is so fun about the other guys ramming you?

That it demonstrates very clearly how steady, considered driving trumps FULL SPEED ALL THE TIME approaches.

It's also comedy of the highest order.

I still don't understand how to buy this :lol

Do you need to download the PS+ edition for the "upgrade" version to work, or will the upgrade version just be effectively standalone? If you need to download the PS+ edition as well, is that releasing at midnight when the pre-load unlocks or when the store normally updates hours later?

I appreciate that this has been covered a hundred times probably but it's not in the OP.

bombshell

I still don't understand how to buy this :lol

Do you need to download the PS+ edition for the "upgrade" version to work, or will the upgrade version just be effectively standalone? If you need to download the PS+ edition as well, is that releasing at midnight when the pre-load unlocks or when the store normally updates hours later?

I appreciate that this has been covered a hundred times probably but it's not in the OP.

Nope, if you buy the PS+ upgrade you don't need the PS+ Edition at all as you are getting the full game added to your download list immediately when you buy the upgrade.

v1lla21

Whatever you guys do, don't watch Annabelle. The movie blows.

Lol wtf don't know why I posted this here. I'll leave it anyways since I really disliked the movie. I think it's time for me to sleep.

nsignific

Banned
of course selection is a big deal. im talking about the novelty of having 500 cars and all that jazz.

Simply stating that in the end you have 10 cars or so you actually drive around a majority of the time. You may have 150 in your garage, but you will not drive them all.

But who knows. I'm quickly finding out I'm a different gamer then some lol. some folk are anal as hell and are collectors and will spend 400 hours getting every single car and such like that.

I guess the point is, everyone's 10 cars will be different. That's why a wide selection is welcome.

GT does it wrong nowadays, because they just reuse old models. Personally, I think it's better than nothing, but I see why people dislike that now.

barit

I dont't see what is so great about this, not trying to be hating, will surely be checking this out at a friends house but what is so fun about the other guys ramming you?

It's not about the crashing itself

It's about the fact that cars can flipp like matchbox in this game

I always assumed that the game is more GT style with only minor bumps and crashes but it looks more like Destruction Derby in this gif and that amazed me

Whatever you guys do, don't watch Annabelle. The movie blows.

Lol wtf don't know why I posted this here. I'll leave it anyways since I really disliked the movie. I think it's time for me to sleep.

IMO, Horror movies nowadays are not like what we used to get sadly. Last recent horror movie I really enjoyed was The Cabin in the Woods.

ON TOPIC: I can't wait till us guys who owned the game be redeemed since most find it hard to believe it looks better than pics, gifs and videos!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
IMO, Horror movies nowadays are not like what we used to get sadly. Last recent horror movie I really enjoyed was The Cabin in the Woods.

ON TOPIC: I can't wait till us guys who owned the game be redeemed since most find it hard to believe it looks better than pics, gifs and videos!

It's on another level. I don't think people understand the level of detail at which everything is rendered in this game. I keep reiterating how dense the foliage is and how high res the textures are and everything.

I love when I got a bunch of cars in front of me kicking up dust and leaves and then a ray of sunshine hits my windshield and I can see the dirt and grime on the glass.

Anyway, I uploaded more shit to youtube:

http://youtu.be/TEyQPE4PCJ8

http://youtu.be/1Wzdhy1oK_o

http://youtu.be/KkvUZjFekPQ

waypoetic

Banned
No it's the account you add to make friends, so that you have enough friends to potentially form a club (if you haven't formed one already). If you already know your club members, you can still add the account to make more friends so you have more people to challenge in-game.

And who knows, if you aren't married already or you are having marital problems, you might just find your soulmate here, get married, have kids, grand kids and live happily ever after

Ok. So there's no club as of now.

demolitio

Hoping the PS+ edition is enough to hold me over until my birthday. Game looks amazing and has come a long way since the early days where every thread was so overwhelmingly negative for different reasons. I miss PGR but this will make it a little easier. :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
comprehensive BTL marketing campaign including global and local presence and social media coverage
sjKI2xm.png

Massive ATL campaign planned during Q4
BzP7AXXIcAA3QTT.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned
I know some people were busting a nut over car sounds but they kind of lull me to sleep. I need some thumping music. Hope what's there is good since I don't want a music unlimited sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom