• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Does the Ferrari California and the 458 sound similar in real life? They sound almost exactly the same in those 2 vids.

No, idea... But I'd imagine one goes VROOM and the other one goes VVRRRUUUOOOMM.

I know some people were busting a nut over car sounds but they kind of lull me to sleep. I need some thumping music. Hope what's there is good since I don't want a music unlimited sub.

They are good but they are also very few and repeat often. : / Not only that but for some reason the music sound even when turned up all the way, is lower then all the other sounds in the game itself. Sony needs to bring DLNA asap, folks like myself may even have MU region locked.

10791446333_e04a9d1347_o.gif

23qwerty

It's on another level. I don't think people understand the level of detail at which everything is rendered in this game. I keep reiterating how dense the foliage is and how high res the textures are and everything.

I love when I got a bunch of cars in front of me kicking up dust and leaves and then a ray of sunshine hits my windshield and I can see the dirt and grime on the glass.
are you trying to destroy my hype meter

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Fuck me if the Ariel Atom isn't the most unwieldy piece of shit I've ever driven.

Xater

Yea I'm hoping its not limited time offer as if I like the PS+ version I'll probably pick up the upgrade but not this month.

Once the PS+ edition is gone I would not be surprised if that offer is gone as well. PS+ stuff changes monthly so I would expect it gone then.

Autofokus

Do we have any confirmed estimate for the weather update? I often see december rumored around, but couldn't find any official word on it. Why is everyone assuming that the update will hit this year?

Putty

Do we have any confirmed estimate for the weather update? I often see december rumored around, but couldn't find any official word on it. Why is everyone assuming that the update will hit this year?

Because they said this year, but soon after release, same as the photo mode.

Once the PS+ edition is gone I would not be surprised if that offer is gone as well. PS+ stuff changes monthly so I would expect it gone then.

I'm pretty sure I read THE PS+ version will be available to download till the end of January. It's not a traditional IGC title.

viveks86

Look harder! :p

IZCinK1.png

The drip-feed of features such as the weather - which is due soon after launch, and sometime before Christmas - are all helpful in establishing the idea of DriveClub as a constantly evolving service, and it speaks of a developer enjoying the breathing space the delay has granted it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-18-driveclub-could-be-the-racing-game-to-beat-this-year

Jimrpg

So has anyone actually started preloading the PS+ upgrade?

I have no option to preload it so it looks like we have to wait for the PS+ edition to unlock first to download? Is that right?

jiiikoo

Banned

I have no option to preload it so it looks like we have to wait for the PS+ edition to unlock first to download? Is that right?

US store has started preloading, EU will be today sometime and UK on wednesday.

viveks86

Wut? Which region are you in? US GAF has already preloaded with PS+ upgrade

nsignific

Banned
Some local journalist blasted the game on magazine forum and advised not to buy it, until you tried the demo.

He was right, too. The game suffers from what appears to be a common ailment this generation - next to zero content. Games like TDU had tons and tons more features and contents nearly 10 years ago.

Along with Destiny, this is becoming a huge problem with this generations triple As.

Prototype

Damn, lol, thanks for the replies guys.

I hope they do a legacy pack and get some older cars in there . Mclaren F1, Jaguar XJ220, Ferrari F50, ect.

He was right, too. The game suffers from what appears to be a common ailment this generation - next to zero content. Games like TDU had tons and tons more features and contents nearly 10 years ago.

Along with Destiny, this is becoming a huge problem with this generations triple As.

How long did it take you to complete the main events? How long did you play online?

Synless

I know it has been known for sometime, but what is the reason weather isn't shipping to begin with? I mean, this game was originally slated for March wasn't it? I can't even imagine how terrible it must have been back then.

How long did it take you to complete the main events? How long did you play online?

Funny thing is I completed Destiny in a day. I still haven't completed the tour in DC, just today got towards 100 stars from 200. That is also still without diving in the MP as well as making a club and all that good stuff. Oh, we also got locked cars that don't unlock unless you level up as well as there are cars locked behind your club levels as well.

ValfarHL

I know it has been known for sometime, but what is the reason weather isn't shipping to begin with? I mean, this game was originally slated for March wasn't it? I can't even imagine how terrible it must have been back then.

Weather wasn't announced until well after the delay, and was probably never meant to be in the game. I'm guessing the extra time allowed Evolution to add more content. Me, I love that this game was delayed! :)

viveks86

They're not hiding what the content is. Much older games had far more content, and I'm not talking just about cars and tracks.

I can't be responsible for how much you know about this genre.

Do not make claims like "zero content" without playing the game. Having opinions is one thing, spreading misinformation is another.

BiGBoSSMk23

They're not hiding what the content is. Much older games had far more content, and I'm not talking just about cars and tracks.

I'd advise you to tread carefully in this thread. There's been a ban warning issued for shitposting about this game and you're a junior still...

This game works on a service model and there's a reasonably meaty campaign mode which becomes a whole new game once the community begins issuing challenges based on individual campaign events.

To say this game is short on content is not only wrong but also missing the point of the game. Obviously that journalist wasn't looking for what this game has to offer, and apparently neither are you.

This doesn't make Driveclub any less outstanding.

Nyx

There's enough cars and tracks, what more content do you need in a racing game?

nsignific

Banned
Lol so you don't have the game?

The most trusted reviewer in my country has it and he said some convincing things.

If you wish to support this sort of game development, be my guest. But don't cry when games like Destiny and Driveclub ship with content comparable to the shareware version of Quake 1.

nsignific

Banned
There's enough cars and tracks, what more content do you need in a racing game?

Maybe some modes in addition to the measly race, trial and drift (like maybe knock out, duel, bunch of others), to start with? Maybe some mechanical customization?

You know, stuff that's been staples of the genre for decades now?

nsignific

Banned
I'd advise you to tread carefully in this thread. There's been a ban warning issued for shitposting about this game and you're a junior still...

This game works on a service model and there's a reasonably meaty campaign mode which becomes a whole new game once the community begins issuing challenges based on individual campaign events.

To say this game is short on content is not only wrong but also missing the point of the game. Obviously that journalist wasn't looking for what this game has to offer, and apparently neither are you.

This doesn't make Driveclub any less outstanding.

You're actually being serious here, aren't you. Unbelievable.

Don't worry, I'm leaving this thread, maybe even the forum.

SSReborn

The most trusted reviewer in my country has it and he said some convincing things.

If you wish to support this sort of game development, be my guest. But don't cry when games like Destiny and Driveclub ship with content comparable to the shareware version of Quake 1.
Lol I can assure you I won't be the one crying.

Loudninja

Look we have several people here on gaf who is playing though the game right now, we dont need to be told about the content of the game.

You're actually being serious here, aren't you. Unbelievable.

Don't worry, I'm leaving this thread, maybe even the forum.

Simple forum rule: Don't write cheques your butt can't cash.
If your butt can cash 'em, post away. :)

Otherwise, I guess we'll catch you on reddit or youtube shouting to the hills about SonyGAF. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom