• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

petedee

Neo Member
Anyone know if you can be a member of multiple clubs? I have a couple of groups that I want to belong to but not sure if I need to pick one or the other.

Carl

The advertising is so pervasive in the UK, that I literally forgot this game was coming out this week until I stumbled across the GAF thread last week.

Haven't seen it advertised once, though I'm not a huge consumer of other media formats so I'm not the best example.

Probably because the advertising starts this week :p

kirby2096

if you only have one PS4, you need a US PSN account (easy to set up, just google it) and then set your PS4 as that account's primary console. Set a fake US address based in Oregon so no sales tax. Then you can play while logged in with your UK account.

Main problem is buying it. You can try using your credit card, but you might be better off buying PSN cards and topping your account up. I think best buy.com sell PSN cards online and email you the code, or you can use amazon but it is a two step process because they may not sell you cards directly.

If using Amazon, add a US address to your address book and set to default (you can set it back again later). Then buy an amazon gift voucher for the amount, send it to your email address and redeem it, then buy PSN cards with that credit (so it doesn't check your credit card).

sounds more complicated than it really is - doesn't take long.

You also need PS Plus on that US account to buy it so add $10 on top for 1 month of Plus

Would anyone in the US happen to have a month PS+ trial free or anything like that?

Asking for a friend :p

I think you have to add credit card details to use a PS Plus trial, it would also need to work in that country's PSN store.

Anyone know if you can be a member of multiple clubs? I have a couple of groups that I want to belong to but not sure if I need to pick one or the other.

I do not think you can be in more than one club.

I am betting we are going to be seeing a lot of GAFClub 1 but instead of calling it GAFClub one we should totally label them by animal like:

GAFClub Tiger
GAFClub Lion
GAFClub Shark
GAFClub Duckbill platypus

Navid

...we should totally label them by animal
GAFClub Seal?
Sorry :(

Such a shame us UK/Euro folk have to wait longer until release, even for the digital only PS+ version... Would have made the wait easier if they had allowed everyone access to the PS+ version when the store updates on Tuesday/Wednesday and then the upgrade whenever the retail hit in each region.

Jindrax

GAFClub Seal?

Such a shame us UK/euro folk have to wait longer until release, even for the digital only PS+ version... Would have made the wait easier if they had allowed everyone access to the PS+ version when the store updates on Tuesday/Wednesday and then the upgrade whenever the retail hit in each region.

Thats because they hate us

le-seb

Is that mobile app out yet? I hope le-seb is ready to register our awesome club name as soon as possible :D
Nope, but I'm watching!

That being said, our club name is too awesome to fit the 15 characters limit (are we very very sure?).
I've made some suggestions in the club thread, and I'm waiting for our mates' feedback.

GlamFM

Banned
GAFClub Seal?

Such a shame us UK/Euro folk have to wait longer until release, even for the digital only PS+ version... Would have made the wait easier if they had allowed everyone access to the PS+ version when the store updates on Tuesday/Wednesday and then the upgrade whenever the retail hit in each region.

They did the same thing with FH2. I think it´s simply to avoid heavy server load on the first day.

Especially important in a game that relies so heavily on its social features.

bombshell

I've received a tonne too. Although, for some reason I'm a bit apprehensive about adding someone with a trophy level of zero with no games played. Are these people who haven't bought their PS4 yet but are planning on getting one with this game?

I noticed it can also be people who have set their trophies as private.

Are the reviews out today or tomorrow?

annie_orange_county_performing_arts_center_marissa_odonnell_annie.jpg

Number45

So, where do I go to get into a club full of people who will hardly every play and be terrible when they do?

I'm not selling myself am I?

Nope, but I'm watching!

That being said, our club name is too awesome to fit the 15 characters limit (are we very very sure?).
I've made some suggestions in the club thread, and I'm waiting for our mates' feedback.
What? But we had best club name ever :(

Didn't see your new post in the Club thread, gonna take a look.

baconcow

I read the OT and the portion about clubs is incredibly vague. What exactly do you do in your club: grow with team experience and unlock content (what content)? Are there club events and races (i.e. club vs. club)? Also, one streamer mentioned there was a lot of multiplayer modes; is there a list with descriptions, anywhere?

So, where do I go to get into a club full of people who will hardly every play and be terrible when they do?

I'm not selling myself am I?

Join GAFClub Panda! This elite club of Driving Maniacs are usually never seen driving as they spend most of their time eating Bamboo and rolling around on the ground! Join today and you get a free patch of grass!

nikos

Are club names unique, or is it possible to register the same name as somebody else?

Hoping I can find the game today in NYC.

Ishan

GAFClub Sloth incoming. The most relaxed club ever~......

alright whatever the reply is in response to . I want in on it. I am getting the ps+ version maybe the full one but im def down to be slothing with some lazy gaffers

red731

alright whatever the reply is in response to . I want in on it. I am getting the ps+ version maybe the full one but im def down to be slothing with some lazy gaffers

Create it right when you get DC! Just invite me coz I will be the fastest sloth ever.

Number45

Nice. Hopefully I'll see it a few times on the TV before launch. I've been forwarding GAF GIFs to colleagues who like their racers! ^_^

Join GAFClub Panda! This elite club of Driving Maniacs are usually never seen driving as they spend most of their time eating Bamboo and rolling around on the ground! Join today and you get a free patch of grass!
This sounds like my kind of thing. Added bonus being that my youngest daughter *loves* Pandas. ^_^

If there's a Panda in the livery she'll love it.

Where do I sign up?

nib95

Banned
Did you know this game had 25 players split screen?
dcsplit.jpg

Just kidding of course, but this is from a video I've just finished encoding showing the cloud system in action. 3 hours of encoding for 50 seconds of video. It will be included with our review tomorrow.

This is awesome. Can't wait!

Ishan

quick question. So my roommate has ps+ on his account on the ps4. I have my own account but obviously don't have my own ps+ subscription. Is there a way to share a ps+ across multiple accs or would I have to call myself mike for all driveclub races lol

if you only have one PS4, you need a US PSN account (easy to set up, just google it) and then set your PS4 as that account's primary console. Set a fake US address based in Oregon so no sales tax. Then you can play while logged in with your UK account.

Main problem is buying it. You can try using your credit card, but you might be better off buying PSN cards and topping your account up. I think best buy.com sell PSN cards online and email you the code, or you can use amazon but it is a two step process because they may not sell you cards directly.

If using Amazon, add a US address to your address book and set to default (you can set it back again later). Then buy an amazon gift voucher for the amount, send it to your email address and redeem it, then buy PSN cards with that credit (so it doesn't check your credit card).

sounds more complicated than it really is - doesn't take long.

Cheers man :D

This sounds like my kind of thing. Added bonus being that my youngest daughter *loves* Pandas. ^_^

If there's a Panda in the livery she'll love it.

Where do I sign up?

Right after the game comes out! I think... I actually have no idea how clubs work...
But I am totally going to make a GAFClub Panda for people who may want to race casually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom