• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFootball

DRIVECLUB-TIFY Your Hype!

What's a HYPE/OT thread without the proper Avatars???

Feel free to use any of the follow images for your own Avatar HYPE!

Hy0bj44.png
_
OhescEB.png
_
3NoST5H.png
_
fPslKQx.png
_
9I6S6T5.png
Thank you.

Thanks for the png, iFootball!

Thanks for these!

anytime! =).. quoting myself for new page ;)

AndyD

aka andydumi
You guys have flooded my friends request inbox. I will get carpal tunnel, I mean corridor, syndrome from clicking accept.

WTF did I miss? If it isn't too much trouble please someone add me to that hype car in the corridor. If not no sweat I'm on the TLOU hype plane already.

Preloaded and ready. I added myself to the Driveclub-Gaf PSN.

Otherwise my PSN is chasechasechase

See you on the road

Megasoum

Banned
The game looks very impressive visually for sure but content wise it looks a bit shallow. Not surprising considering it was a launch title but still.

I'll wait the DF analysis to be sure, but I think this game is not full 1080p.

It has those black borders on top, bottom and sides of the screen. And they even appear in the screenshots taken with the share function

Loudninja

BlimBlim posted this earlier
Did you know this game had 25 players split screen?
dcsplit.jpg

Just kidding of course, but this is from a video I've just finished encoding showing the cloud system in action. 3 hours of encoding for 50 seconds of video. It will be included with our review tomorrow.

bombshell

It has those black borders on top, bottom and sides of the screen. And they even appear in the screenshots taken with the share function

You probably should adjust your display area in the PS4 settings. The game is 1080p, full screen.

Gestault

I'll be taking a three-day break from the internet if this happens. I can't handle the crap-storm reactions from something like that. Also, I can live happily with beautiful games that don't hit a check-box for resolution, so long as the IQ holds up.

23qwerty

There's directfeed video from gamersyde clearly showing that it's 1080p. What a bizarre claim.

Some shots, yeah.

Others don't.

I would place my bet on the rendered area being set to the Safe Area set on the console, rather than just reducing the HUD.

Reading through this thread and I'm so tempted to buy this game even though I can't afford a PS4 any time soon. Hope one of my friends get one. I need to play this. Driveclub is exactly the kind of racing game I like. It looks amazing (great image quality and currently the best looking game ever), and from watching videos and reading impressions, it seems to play great as well.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Evolution, please add the Ariel Atom to the roster of cars if you make another Motorstorm.

I want to crush it with a monster truck.

watching this gamespot stream is difficult.

have you guys seen the weather yet? I thought there was weather?!?

Why do I know more about a game then a gaming journalist? I have felt this way a lot lately though.

edit: holy shit the one guy just admited he had no idea about a free version.

Gestault

watching this gamespot stream is difficult.

have you guys seen the weather yet? I thought there was weather?!?

Why do I know more about a game then a gaming journalist? I have felt this way a lot lately though.

The release version of the game won't have a lot of the stuff that's coming down the pipe, including weather. Presumably they're playing the final version of the game, not the versions being tested internally.

The release version of the game won't have a lot of the stuff that's coming down the pipe, including weather. Presumably they're playing the final version of the game, not the versions being tested internally.

I know the part about the weather was the streamers talking. They don't understand that weather is coming. One of them had no idea about the free version either.

Hugstable

Banned
I'll be taking a three-day break from the internet if this happens. I can't handle the crap-storm reactions from something like that. Also, I can live happily with beautiful games that don't hit a check-box for resolution, so long as the IQ holds up.

Exactly, graphics aren't too big a deal for me and I think this game look plenty great as it is, whether it's 1080p or not doesn't really matter much to me. The variety of tracks along with how they look in the distance is what has me considering upgrading the demo to the full version, plus if it plays great then that's even better. It seems to me to be a bit more like Forza from a few of the videos I've seen and I can really enjoy a game like that even though I'm basically a huge Gran Turismo fan and that's mostly the game I stick with when it comes to racers, but for some reason I never jumped on 6 since I ended up buying a PS4 that holiday and didn't have enough to get it. I mean I could still get GT6 now, and I have no idea why I haven't. I'm hoping this game plays awesome tomorrow to fill up my time til we get an awesome GT7 on PS4

Nokterian

DRIVECLUB-TIFY Your Hype!

What's a HYPE/OT thread without the proper Avatars???

Feel free to use any of the follow images for your own Avatar HYPE!

Hy0bj44.png
_
OhescEB.png
_
3NoST5H.png
_
fPslKQx.png
_
9I6S6T5.png

Can someone make my avatar with this one? I don't have photoshop what so ever.

OhescEB.png
on the top left of my avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom