• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

herod

Flip2.gif
Car Vault

This GameSpot stream is not very well done. First, they keep asking what they can/can't do... Did they not read the restrictions before the cameras started rolling? Second, dude just said he doesn't think the game looks good, nor did gt5 ever look good? Third, the one dude didn't know there was a PS plus edition?

MJLord

Yeah they had no idea. lol?

also what is with them saying stuff like.. well if you are playstation nation person I guess this game is for you. etc..

very weird.

They talk like they don't know anything about the game. There's so many stupid questions being thrown to each other to be met with "I dunno" then answered more often than not correctly shortly after.

I've seen it with other places and other games too. Is it just cool to not be able to retain facts in your dumbass head?

Vire

Gamespot seems to think it's competent, but there's concerns about longevity.

Danny gave the edge to Horizon at the end of the stream.

-The 30min thing is a restriction from Evo, not Gamespot
-The Playstation Nation thing was a joke.

yes I understand.

my impressions from that gamespot stream was super poor.

They were making snarky comments the entire time, they didn't know basic information about the game. They brought up its ok if you ONLY have a playstation and all around just seemed super unprofessional.

Liamc723

I might just get the free PS+ version after seeing that Gamespot stream, the game didn't impress me that much and I already have Forza Horizon 2.

Wookieomg

When do reviews go up for this? I'm on the fence with the PS+ preorder discount... It looks visually spectacular, but I don't know if the content justifies the price :(

Gamespot seems to think it's competent, but there's concerns about longevity.

Danny gave the edge to Horizon at the end of the stream.

That stream was awful it's rather sad that someone with 5 mins with google can tell you more about a game than the people who have to review it .

Wow at the Gamespot stream. They didn't think the visuals were anything special? Huh?!?

They just both seemed kind of ho hum over the whole stream. Like, it's competent. It's an ok game. If you don't have an XB1 and can't get Horizon, I guess download the free version of this.

Wow.

Wow at the Gamespot stream. They didn't think the visuals were anything special? Huh?!?

They just both seemed kind of ho hum over the whole stream. Like, it's competent. It's an ok game. If you don't have an XB1 and can't get Horizon, I guess download the free version of this.

Wow.

the one guy had no idea about the free version. They joked about hashtag and made backhanded comments about drivatars vs offline racers etc.

it was super poor and honestly.. how can I know more about this shit then professionals? oh wait.. game journalists.

Welcome to you're "DOOM!";133160372 said:
So many friend requests...Get ready to possibly eat my dust, possibly.

If you all don't mind, May I join the hype car (or a blind killface trying to cross the corridor)

People, let me tell ya bout my new best friend, Barnaby Jones... NAP!

Since the driveclub-gaf thing isn't working anymore, my PSN is Dr_PoopMonster. Hope to see some of you all on the time boards.

MJLord

the one guy had no idea about the free version. They joked about hashtag and made backhanded comments about drivatars vs offline racers etc.

it was super poor and honestly.. how can I know more about this shit then professionals? oh wait.. game journalists.

There's no excuse than just being lazy tbh. It's information that's been on the internet for months.

Saberus

Wow.
Wow they didn't think it looked good? Then what the hell have I've been watching?

gcubed

so the guys who have played it, how arcadey is it? I know its not going to be like burnout or anything, but is it more sim then arcade? I'm not a huge sim fan and like some leeway in racing games, don't want it to be brutal

Delt31

Yeah me and JBPanda were making comments.

If someone has time, we should make a sep thread and highlight what just happened. I'm sorry but for a website that is dedicated to video games we might have just gotten a taste of what really goes on over there. How can they be so misinformed and then have the balls to go live. The guy on the right seemed like he could give two shits and even joked saying look how professional they are.

That stream was so disappointing lol. I or anyone who had the game for a few days could have made a better impression of the game and provided fair criticisms.

That stream was so disappointing lol. I or anyone who had the game for a few days could have made a better impression of the game and provided fair criticisms.

Thank you, fair criticism is great, these two clowns were spreading miss information and all around just being kind of assholes.

I don't know maybe I am being to harsh but it was really bizarre. I know it sounds like I am being overly protective of Driveclub and that's not the case. I am excited to try the PS+ version but have not purchased it yet or anything.

v1lla21

Kind of hard to be impressed with the game when the people who are playing it are shit and make the game seem like a chore. Especially how they talk it down.

Gestault

Even some of the biggest enthusiasts in this thread who got their hands on it early made a point to say things like shimmering/aliasing took away from the impression we'd gotten from the touched-up promo trailers. People (who hadn't had the chance to play it yet) laid into them too. I don't think it's dishonesty, I think it's trying to adjust expectations to where the game really is.

That said, those tunnel gifs have looked bonkers. That's among the finest-looking moments in gaming.

MJLord

If someone has time, we should make a sep thread and highlight what just happened. I'm sorry but for a website that is dedicated to video games we might have just gotten a taste of what really goes on over there. How can they be so misinformed and then have the balls to go live. The guy on the right seemed like he could give two shits and even joked saying look how professional they are.

I can't be arsed for the drama. Shit like that just makes me not want to come back to sites that couldn't give a fuck. If they cba to at least look professional that's their loss. There's plenty more places I can get gaming news after all.

these days its all about being fun/entertaining and appealing to a certain younger demographic. Creating a personality, rather than sharing hard cold facts about games.

I guess they expect the "hardcore" folks looking for info to just read the full text when that goes up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom