• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

le-seb

LUB
hypeclubdeovv.jpg

viveks86

Are Gamespot streaming guys in charge of game review? because they had like a few stars on single player mode...

It's possible that someone else is reviewing it. Whoever is reviewing is probably spending time doing that than fumbling around on a stream.

Shaneus

I'm twitching like that caffeine induced kid off South Park waiting for the reviews.
Well, at least we know Gamespot will give it a -0. Unprofessional bunch of twats.

Do you know when it unlocks here (in AU, for others reading)? Tempted to take tomorrow off, but not if it unlocks at midday or something.

VanWinkle

I don't have time to explain why I don't have time. Le-seb is working on it. I'm too busy accepting friend requests on 2 different accounts. BRB!

Wait… did I just explain why… Never mind. Gotta go! PSN is gonna exploooode!

JUST DO IT.

Edit: Oh, thanks, Le-seb.

graphics are great but not impressive. There are alot of jaggies everywhere, which really ruins it for me. Gameplay wise is fantastic. Still have only seen one level but graphically left me underwhelmed.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Good, because the game gets challenging the more you progress but nothing impossible.

YA SEEN THE ATOM B???

Yeah, no.

Posting a video soon of me making it my biatch... sort of.

Navid

Yeah, that Gamespot stream wasn't really a good look at the game... felt like a last minute thing they threw together with no planning or info.

But the take away point for me was that they both seemed to enjoy how the game played, the way the cars handled and felt to drive. So at least it sounds like the core driving mechanics are solid and that the most important part for me in a racing game alongside well designed tracks.

Seventy70

graphics are great but not impressive. There are alot of jaggies everywhere, which really ruins it for me. Gameplay wise is fantastic. Still have only seen one level but graphically left me underwhelmed.

I kind of agree. I havent played the game yet, but from some of the videos and pictures, it looks like a good looking racing game, but nothing that pushes the boundaries. There are plenty of racing games on PC that look better than Driveclub imo

btw the jaggies will probably be less noticeable in motion

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I kind of agree. I havent played the game yet, but from some of the videos and pictures, it looks like a good looking racing game, but nothing that pushes the boundaries. There are plenty of racing games on PC that look better than Driveclub imo

What? There has never been a racing game that looks this good. What the hell is going on here?

Watching more videos, and the thing that still amazes me must about this game is the insanely fast loading times.

Also, for anyone with the game, can you choose a solid color for your car with no liveries? Is matte paint a choice?

Saberus

Hang on to our butts boys, here they come...

VanWinkle

Actually, it does push the boundaries in lighting, geometry, and attention to detail. It has every racer beat HANDILY on those aspects.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Well, at least we know Gamespot will give it a -0. Unprofessional bunch of twats.

Do you know when it unlocks here (in AU, for others reading)? Tempted to take tomorrow off, but not if it unlocks at midday or something.

Still thinking about throwing that sicky on Thurs though. Alien today, DC tomorrow, the only two games I've wanted for the remainder of the year.

Seventy70

What? There has never been a racing game that looks this good. What the hell is going on here?

imo Dirt 3 on PC looks just about the same as Driveclub does and that came out 3 years ago. I'm still looking forward to the online stuff though. If it hooks me, I will buy the full version.

They said before Christmas so yeah.
Really? That's kind of disappointing. Dynamic weather is one of the things that was unique about this game.

YA SEEN THE ATOM B???

Yeah, no.

Posting a video soon of me making it my biatch... sort of.

Nope, just now reatched the semi-pro trophy lol. I'm level 20 so I'm ways away from you since i'm juggling Driveclub and Shadow of Mordor. The only thing i'm pissed off about is that some cars are locked behind your club level so, unless I have a club and leveling it up then i'll never have those cars. I'll be making a club soon but damn I could have unlocked some cars early on that would really help in races and especially, drifts.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
imo Dirt 3 on PC looks just about the same as Driveclub does and that came out 3 years ago. I'm still looking forward to the online stuff though. If it hooks me, I will buy the full version.

I think this a case of shiny/sharp graphics versus photorealism.

psn

Name one game.

no, pcars doesn't look better nor is it pushing any boundaries. It has a better IQ maxed out, yes. But everything else looks better in Driveclub. I have it since 2012 and yes I can play it maxed out.

Edit: Can't take you serious anymore after this post:

Hang on to our butts boys, here they come...

Considering even the videos on Gamersyde I have watched don't have that much jaggies, although they are still noticeable, I don't think what he is saying seems accurate. It could have better AA, but it is still pretty good in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom