• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Probably missed earlier comments but could not find it...

Can you create a lobby, invite your friends, choose race options (track, time of day, number of rounds etc) and go?

If not, has there been any info on if that will be implemented?

I could swear I saw Rushy do exactly this in the September presentation vid but I read a review which said it's not possible.

Probably missed earlier comments but could not find it...

Can you create a lobby, invite your friends, choose race options (track, time of day, number of rounds etc) and go?

If not, has there been any info on if that will be implemented?

I could swear I saw Rushy do exactly this in the September presentation vid but I read a review which said it's not possible.

No lobbies yet, but Rushy said they're coming.

continue... sogood.gif?

But...

5a3116b53c.png

I'm about to hop back on, I can't stay away from this game. Sucks that I have night classes today. GAH!

-MB-

Just d/led this from HK store, but this game plays letterboxed here, and I see no options to change that. What gives?

viveks86

Quick question to those following other forums. Is this divide of opinions between gamers and reviewers seen there as well? Or is this limited to us on GAF?

Quick question to those following other forums. Is this divide of opinions between gamers and reviewers seen there as well? Or is this limited to us on GAF?

Well, per my readings, it's the reviews that are the call to "divisive"; this thread is pretty goddamn positive through and through.

Well, per my readings, it's the reviews that are the call to "divisive"; this thread is pretty goddamn positive through and through.

I think he's referring to the gap between how "users" feel about the game (overwhelmingly positive in here) and the reviewer opinion (slightly mixed, to positive)

GodofWine

I think he's referring to the gap between how "users" feel about the game (overwhelmingly positive in here) and the reviewer opinion (slightly mixed, to positive)

Besides obviously fake 'users ' on metacritic, its pretty overwhelmingly positive from a players perspective..."for the players " indeed.

Just wanted to say I really appreciate all the kind words in this thread! :)

There's a few very loud people who seem to be reiterating other people's opinions and have not actually tried the game yet, but most of us in here who dove in last night have loved what we see.

Just want to reiterate how great the entire menu/UI is, everything is easy to find and super fast/snappy. The music and aesthetics are also fantastic. You guys should be very proud of what you've done.

It's like Evolution made a racing game especially for me. Even though it lacks the flash in the form of nonsensical gimmicks, it nails the racing and gives you lots and lots of it. For the rest of you, there's bullshit like NFS: Rivals.

Seriously though. have you guys really thought about some of these stupid game modes people are lamenting DC is missing? For instance, stuff like "Knockout". You know the one - where you go lap after lap and someone is eliminated each lap, so you have to make sure you're not in last place. And as it comes down to the wire, you have to make sure you're in first place so you aren't eliminated. It's such a stupid game mode. You're trying to ultimately end up in 1st place, which is the same exact goal as a regular race. You literally do nothing different except once a lap you see a message pop up that says 'player eliminated'. Oh God, how will we ever stay interested in a racing game that doesn't have that bs.

bebop242

Whats the deal with the price of the full game? I thought it was supposed to be $50 if you have PS+? Was that only for preorders? I just went to buy it and it says $59.99.

viveks86

That's kind of what I'm asking. Are other forums as positive as GAF, thereby sharing the opposite reaction as many reviewers? If this game has any chance of succeeding, it needs word of mouth at this point. GAF alone is not enough.

bombshell

Just d/led this from HK store, but this game plays letterboxed here, and I see no options to change that. What gives?

I'm not jumping on you specifically with this reply, but rather I'm curious why there's so many posts asking the same.

What the hell were all you people doing when setting up your PS4's? It took you through that display area setting when setting it up.

It's like Evolution made a racing game especially for me. Even though it lacks the flash in the form of nonsensical gimmicks, it nails the racing and gives you lots and lots of it. For the rest of you, there's bullshit like NFS: Rivals.

Seriously though. have you guys really thought about some of these stupid game modes people are lamenting DC is missing? For instance, stuff like "Knockout". You know the one - where you go lap after lap and someone is eliminated each lap, so you have to make sure you're not in last place. And as it comes down to the wire, you have to make sure you're in first place so you aren't eliminated. It's such a stupid game mode. You're trying to ultimately end up in 1st place, which is the same exact goal as a regular race. You literally do nothing different except once a lap you see a message pop up that says 'player eliminated'. Oh God, how will we ever stay interested in a racing game that doesn't have that bs.

This is exactly how i feel after reading some reviews. Am i the only one who found the game to be a blast to play and can't wait for more ?

cyber_ninja

Hey guys, feel free to add me on psn, ID is cyberninja. I'd like to have some gaf friends to play with. I don't have much to play though, but I'll gladly join whenever I can.

Late Flag

In fairness, that mode existed in Pacific Rift, at least. It went by a timer, not by laps, but still.

I absolutely agree with the point you're making though.

I'm not jumping on you specifically with this reply, but rather I'm curious why there's so many posts asking the same.

What the hell were all you people doing when setting up your PS4's? It took you through that display area setting when setting it up.
*mashes*X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X, COME ON NO NEED FOR SETUP LET ME PLAY ALREADY *mashes*X-X-X-X-X-X-X.

Either that, or as I mentioned earlier FIFA 15's HUD uses the setting, but it doesn't add any padding so the HUD is literally right on the edge of your TV and so people have been setting their Display Area to be too small. As most games only resize the HUD it hasn't really had any ill-effect... until now...

Dominator

Really enjoying this game. I absolutely love the handling of the cars. Sometimes its good to have a nice, grippy racing game.

Having this and Forza Horizon 2 to play is nice, because they are both quite different. Great game so far.

viveks86

I can't answer your question but I was curious about your impressions so far. Thumbs up?

Didn't you read my impressions from last night? :)

1) Do not judge the game visuals by the first race. Get the stars and move on. Pretend it never happened
2) Play the Chile race next
3) MOTHERFUCKING PROFIT

Seriously, WTF. Shit looks insane.

Yup. This is what I'm seeing on my screen. What the hell were people posting earlier in the thread? o_O

Just got back to racing. Took up cayoosh trials. UNBELIEVABLE. The scale and beauty of this track gave me goosebumps! And the sound of driving through that bridge with the crisscrossing steel beams is absolutely bonkers! I had to pause for a second because it was all too much to take in.

I'm almost in tears guys. This is it. Don't care about reviews. Give it a 4 for all I care. Whine about how the game doesn't have a track on Mars or is missing an established gameplay mode that has been fundamental to racing games since the 18th century. I DON'T CARE! I haven't even played with my club mates yet and I already know.

THIS. IS. FUCKING. IT!

Oh man. My index finger hurts. Tried perfecting a time trial by chasing my own ghost, even though I already had the 3 stars. I have not done such pure racing in years! Sims were just too much for me to handle. I'm not even that good a driver. Just... average. And this hits the sweet spot for me. It's PGR all over again. It's not just one element that has PGR vibes. It's the whole package. Handling, sound, visuals, attention to detail, music, UI design and the whole "fuck all this bloat, let's just race" attitude. No crazy load times, no random commentary, no story, no cops, no explosions, no exploration, no rewind, no mico-transactions. At any given time, it's just you, your friends and one track. Memorize it, conquer it. Do it all over again.

It's 5:20 AM. I have the day off. I know what I'm doing all day.

Nafai1123

Banned
This is exactly how i feel after reading some reviews. Am i the only one who found the game to be a blast to play and can't wait for more ?

You're definitely not the only one and I'm pretty sure as more people get their hands on the PS+ version we will see a lot more positive impressions.

Really enjoying this game. I absolutely love the handling of the cars. Sometimes its good to have a nice, grippy racing game.

Having this and Forza Horizon 2 to play is nice, because they are both quite different. Great game so far.

I agree - I can definitely see myself hopping between the two depending on what I feel like doing. Though I've had enough of FH2 over the past week, DC is new and shiny so it's all I care about right now :)

Jamesways

Amazing work. Super slick and remembers what you were doing even when you back out <3

OMG the lighting in this game

I'll echo this too. UI is really well done.

Game is just incredible. It's exactly the game I wanted.

For me, the ability to choose the time of day, time progression, and sky on any track just adds to the replay value. What a great feature.

Again Evo, Kudos!

chopstik

Banned
There's a few very loud people who seem to be reiterating other people's opinions and have not actually tried the game yet, but most of us in here who dove in last night have loved what we see.

Just want to reiterate how great the entire menu/UI is, everything is easy to find and super fast/snappy. The music and aesthetics are also fantastic. You guys should be very proud of what you've done.

agreed.

the menus are concise and logically organized. i was able to customize my controls super quickly. just a great signature look, no doubt you're playing driveclub, and that's a great thing.

GHG

Just bought this on US PSN at full price. Downloading now but it's so freaking slow. I take it the servers are getting hammered?

thejpfin

Hows online multiplayer?
Does it have forza and blur (last 2 racing games I played recently lol) style matchmaking where you just choose the gamemode and you good to go?

Didn't like gran turismo online system where you need to find a lobby and so on. I like quickmatch option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom