• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

I could actually see Evo improving the IQ via patches. They seem to like constantly working on and improving the game. It would be great.

Sporran

Daft Q

I have pre downloaded Drive Club in the uk 17gb and the timer counts down to friday 10th. So what happens tomorrow when its available on PS store, do i download another version, or do i need the PS plus install in addition to what has already preloaded? :s

autoduelist

Seriously though. have you guys really thought about some of these stupid game modes people are lamenting DC is missing? For instance, stuff like "Knockout". You know the one - where you go lap after lap and someone is eliminated each lap, so you have to make sure you're not in last place. And as it comes down to the wire, you have to make sure you're in first place so you aren't eliminated. It's such a stupid game mode. You're trying to ultimately end up in 1st place, which is the same exact goal as a regular race. You literally do nothing different except once a lap you see a message pop up that says 'player eliminated'. Oh God, how will we ever stay interested in a racing game that doesn't have that bs.

While I don't care about that mode not being in DC, I do actually like that mode. It creates a certain tension that other modes don't. Take one turn bad and rather than have the rest of the race to catch up, you have to catch the next guy within a fixed time limit. But it's definitely not 'required', and I won't miss it not being in a game.

viveks86

I could actually see Evo improving the IQ via patches. They seem to like constantly working on and improving the game. It would be great.

Play the PS+ version and decide for yourself. I don't even care if they don't improve it further. As mentioned last night, do not judge by the first track. Lighting is the worst possible setting imaginable. You will see aliasing, but you really need to look for it even when it's there. This comes from a guy who is extremely sensitive to aliasing. I couldn't handle the amount of jaggies in TLOU last gen (even though I forced myself to look past it)

It's like Evolution made a racing game especially for me. Even though it lacks the flash in the form of nonsensical gimmicks, it nails the racing and gives you lots and lots of it. For the rest of you, there's bullshit like NFS: Rivals.

Seriously though. have you guys really thought about some of these stupid game modes people are lamenting DC is missing? For instance, stuff like "Knockout". You know the one - where you go lap after lap and someone is eliminated each lap, so you have to make sure you're not in last place. And as it comes down to the wire, you have to make sure you're in first place so you aren't eliminated. It's such a stupid game mode. You're trying to ultimately end up in 1st place, which is the same exact goal as a regular race. You literally do nothing different except once a lap you see a message pop up that says 'player eliminated'. Oh God, how will we ever stay interested in a racing game that doesn't have that bs.

Evo's Motorstorm games always had these, I'm sure Rushy said that when they offered this in the online multiplayer they were hardly used, so didn't put them in DC. However, seeing as this game is going to EVOlve over time if enough people ask for it, I'm sure it will be put in.

Some of the Norway tracks are outstanding, the first one in the Rookie Volkswagen series is probably my favourite so far.

In fairness, that mode existed in Pacific Rift, at least. It went by a timer, not by laps, but still.

I absolutely agree with the point you're making though.
Oh absolutely. It's probably been in every Motorstorm game and I thought it was dumb then too. Its just a silly game variation that is ultimately meaningless.

Evo's Motorstorm games always had these, I'm sure Rushy said that when they offered this in the online multiplayer they were hardly used, so didn't put them in DC. However, seeing as this game is going to EVOlve over time if enough people ask for it, I'm sure it will be put in.
Well I guess if they add that mode its easy to avoid. But ugh, I stand by my comments. Its a dumb mode.

drotahorror

A social racer with no online functionality isn't much of a social racer eh?

C'mon get your server stuff setup straight. They've been basically down since 3am atleast.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
After hearing everyone shit on India, I'm not even hype to play it anymore :(

Will download because it's free, but ehhh

Were people not that impressed with India? Was going to play the PS+ version as a demo before the full version is out on Friday, but I might try and hold out in that case.

Can you do time trials and set up the time of day etc in the PS+ version?

DJ88

I reeeally want this plus edition to come up soon. I was looking forward to this game last year and when the possibility of using my G27 was still on the table, but now I'm on the fence. The reviews have not eased my doubts about the game, however all the positive impressions here are really making me want to at least try the game out. I loooove racing games and the nice grippy handling seems like a fun break from more punishing games like GT.

For all you wheel owners, is it fine going back to playing a racing game with a controller? Once I got a wheel I knew I couldn't go back and never have since.

viveks86

I really don't want to be at work right now.

That hour long taste of DriveClub last night has me hooked.

Nice. I'm so glad so many of us share a great first impression of the game.

I've slept for about 3 hours and I'm raring to go again. Had taken the day off work. Playing the shit out of this all day.

Musiol

Very cool, though I would have sped up the video to make it more like two minutes long instead of four minutes.

I speed it up from base 16 min. videos. I thought that 4 minutes will be 'okay' for this materials :) I want to make two more (India and Canada), so maybe I'll try them 'compress' them into 2 mins videos. Thanks for the feedback.

nib95

Banned
Anyone know if Evo are re-designing all events etc when they release the weather patch? Or will they add a bunch of new events to show off the new weather? Would be a bit of a shame if they just added a weather patch, but no proper campaign elements for it.

jiiikoo

Banned
i wish it were louder. is it just the streams or are people not turning up the volume? one streamer was saying that the music was on but i could hear nothing...not even in the menus. just vroom vroom haha

Its turned off in streaming because of copyright policies.

bombshell

Anyone know if Evo are re-designing all events etc when they release the weather patch? Or will they add a bunch of new events to show off the new weather? Would be a bit of a shame if they just added a weather patch, but no proper campaign elements for it.

Weather will not be added to the base game events, but will be incorporated in some (most?) of the 176 season pass events.

Were people not that impressed with India? Was going to play the PS+ version as a demo before the full version is out on Friday, but I might try and hold out in that case.

Can you do time trials and set up the time of day etc in the PS+ version?

Some of the early India tracks are lovely, I don't know what people are talking about. I guess they are lacking that sense of scale you get in Norway and Canada, but they're the ones that remind me most of Sega Rally Revo.

viveks86

The new events in "Tour" will come as part of the season pass and will include new tracks and weather settings. The rest would be single player quick races and MP events. Re-designing would require a major overhaul.

M.W.

This game...soooooo good. I won't have much time to play throughout the day today but I'll be back tonight. I hope the servers are up and running by then.

educator

Hey,

I live in northern Europe. Does anyone what time the the PS+ edition will arrive? If I buy the full version now (19.56PM tuesday night right now), will I be able to play it right at midnight like it usually works?

Shaneus

Oh man. My index finger hurts. Tried perfecting a time trial by chasing my own ghost, even though I already had the 3 stars. I have not done such pure racing in years! Sims were just too much for me to handle. I'm not even that good a driver. Just... average. And this hits the sweet spot for me. It's PGR all over again. It's not just one element that has PGR vibes. It's the whole package. Handling, sound, visuals, attention to detail, music, UI design and the whole "fuck all this bloat, let's just race" attitude. No crazy load times, no random commentary, no story, no cops, no explosions, no exploration, no rewind, no mico-transactions. At any given time, it's just you, your friends and one track. Memorize it, conquer it. Do it all over again.

It's 5:20 AM. I have the day off. I know what I'm doing all day.
It's about to hit 5am here, too... and I took the day off as well.

brofist.gif

PS. So totally fucking worth taking the day off, too. Loving every fucking second of it, despite none of the online features working right now.

ChuckNyce

Looks like the store is starting to update (US). Dust: An Elysian Tail is up but the PS Plus discount isn't active yet -

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/dust-an-elysian-tail/cid=UP4526-CUSA01326_00-DUSTAETPS4000000?emcid=ps-se-915&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=SEN&utm_source=Google&utm_term

skynidas

Banned
Hey,

I live in northern Europe. Does anyone what time the the PS+ edition will arrive? If I buy it now (19.55PM tuesday night right now), will I be able to play it right at midnight like it usually works?

i bought the PS+ upgrade and it's already preloaded on my PS4 counting down to midnight (Spain btw)

VanWinkle

Looks like the store is starting to update (US). Dust: An Elysian Tail is up but the PS Plus discount isn't active yet -

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/dust-an-elysian-tail/cid=UP4526-CUSA01326_00-DUSTAETPS4000000?emcid=ps-se-915&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=SEN&utm_source=Google&utm_term

I'm really excited to play that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom