• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned
3/5 != 60%

I agree, actually. It only sucks because people tend to focus on the negatives more than the positive, but I find it fascinating when games are split.

I actually really enjoyed Beyond: Two Souls, but man it was interesting reading how people had totally different reactions to it.

I agree, but at the same time it makes Metacritic even more irrelevant than it was before.

Here's hoping that Destiny being "review proof" means more people are willing to try games that aren't 10s or 9s on average.

7 & 8s mean "good," let's use the full scale!

The game is a streamlined GT.

Jump into a race quickly, with individual challenges during rather than a seperate licence tests. Cars already tuned to make them fun to drive instead of googling tuning info. And some fantastic race tracks.

nw3

I can't wait for this to unlock on friday (uk).

Many of the reviewers are missing the point as they've grown fat and greedy on the very fashionable modern idea of 'content as king'.

To me driveclub looks like an incredibly focused experience aimed at real car fans and built by a team of car enthusiasts.

I don't need a gazzilion cars and tracks - i spent 70% of my time in forza 4 driving 911s on fiji stage A just trying to master it corner by corner and shave milliseconds off my fastest timetrial.

The attention to detail, both visually and soundwise that Rushy & co have put into each carefully chosen car looks to be stagering. Rather that than spread yourself thinly over 100s of cars but not be able to give each one the attention it deserves.

The way this game has been put together + everything the devs are saying sounds like it's going to be a very pure experience. Screw the reviewers - please people, ignore them & at least try the demo.

You should probably eat a dick!

wat-wat-wat_o_1681599.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on September 27 2014

"Thrustmaster T300 RS Official Force Feedback wheel (PS4/PS3/PC DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: October 31 2014

:(

I wonder if we're just finally entering an age where enough reviewers take their job seriously enough that we're not getting the age-old hive mind/hyperbolic approach any more.

So many games this gen are getting wider and wider spreads of review scores. It's kind of nice!
As long as they remember to review games based on what they are, and not what they thought they were going to be.

B-Dex

The AI are assholes. Every other race I get spun out in a corner or slammed off the road.

Oh you were gonna get all the stars for this championship? LOL nope. Restart the entire thing cause we ran you off the track and spun you out.

The AI are assholes. Every other race I get spun out in a corner or slammed off the road.

Oh you were gonna get all the stars for this championship? LOL nope. Restart the entire thing cause we ran you off the track and spun you out.

Is the AI being an asshole or are you being an asshole for taking their lines? Sit down and think about that for a second.

The game is a streamlined GT.

Jump into a race quickly, with individual challenges during rather than a seperate licence tests. Cars already tuned to make them fun to drive instead of googling tuning info. And some fantastic race tracks.

That's the thing, I don't want tuning of any kind, It overwhelms with choice and just makes me shit up my car for no good reason. In Burnout, I only drive about three different cars, one for race, one for stunt and one for last man standing so I just want good handling in the style that I like (usually drifty, high acceleration) and good tracks that I need to learn.

I've been dining out for years on a yellow Enzo GT and 15 tracks with Outrun C2C and it never gets tiring (no pun). I don't want too much choice, I want good design.

Just like the people sick of seeing the 3-second timer, I don't get this. If the AI makes a corner just before me they're going to cut in and take it, if I get there at the same time I have to sometimes give a little, if I'm way behind I take the corner well and maintain speed to get them at the next one. It's not about blasting through them, it's picking them off one or two at time and not getting greedy. It's also about staying on the road and braking as much as accelerating steadily. I mean, I'm shit at these games but I'm hardly seeing that countdown timer, and if I'm getting spun off by the AI I know why it happened, and it wasn't just sour luck.

Many of the reviewers are missing the point as they've grown fat and greedy on the very fashionable modern idea of 'content as king'.

What? When you charge full price for a game, you should compare what it offers to other games on the market.

Unless it has groundbreaking gameplay, which is hard to do in a modern racing game, then yeah content is very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom