• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1lla21

Is drifting easy in the game? I'm stuck at work and I have class right after so I can't pick up my copy until tomorrow.

How does drifting in Grid 2 compare to Driveclub? I love Grid 2's drifting.

Putty

Haha. Welcome to the dying breed :D

Viv, i've loved reading your comments about the game. Nothing has swayed me one bit...i'm still waiting 8(.

On a side note, i'm also enjoying the fuck out of Destiny, and i'm mildly impressed with SOM, but wouldn't rate above a 7.5. Whats obvious is that DC is a love/hate thing with reviewers, but based purely on GAF, the vast majority absolutely love it, and i can't wait to play it.

On the update side, i really hope the weather update also launches alongside a slew of new races based aorund the weather, a mini campaign if you will. Can't wait.

nib95

Banned
Not a plastic bag? :D

Actually, it could also be that lol.

UnderwearOrBag.jpg~original

Nokterian

Saw the review thread at work..some of those called journalist are just one of the dumbest i have ever seen. Not knowing that it is a racing game..with circuits. I am still hyped to play it though gaf impressions are better then any review!

viveks86

On the update side, i really hope the weather update also launches alongside a slew of new races based aorund the weather, a mini campaign if you will. Can't wait.

It will if you have the season pass. If not, then it will be limited to single races and MP events. At least that's my understanding

Auctopus

The sparks as your back bumper hits the guardrail :O

haha, visiting Metacritic to see '0 reviews' for my favourite games used to be a favourite of mine but just getting linked to the Driveclub scores reminds me why I don't take that site seriously.

"Worthy of two generations past."
"The game is very linear...but for now do not recommend buying this game, when you have Projects Cars and The Crew."

and a personal favourite...

"ITS A FACKIN **** SUKA THIS IS GOVNO EBANOE 50 VEHICLES ITS A MALO BLYAT LOL GRAFICKA DOWNGRADED IZ-ZA LITTLE MOSHNOST PS4 EBAT NA YEAR PERENESLI I VSYO-ROVNO ZDELALI **** POZOR NA HEAD RAZRABOTCHIKS"

Honestly, the complaint for invisible walls has to get to me the most. Why the hell do you feel the need to leave the track and go drive up the mountain? Yes, it's great to have freedom in a game but it's like walking in to a house's kitchen in Call of Duty and complaing that the game doesn't let you use the stove.

Late Flag

Okay, just three more hours before I can get home and play this puppy. Should I focus on trying to salvage this day and actually get some work done, or just screw around on GAF like I've done all day so far?

Ploid 3.0

In fairness, that mode existed in Pacific Rift, at least. It went by a timer, not by laps, but still.

I absolutely agree with the point you're making though.

Like I said before on yesterday. Motorstorm is a different kind of racing game. You're encouraged to use your size, or speed to claw your way to the top. See a speedy stock car approaching your big foot? Roll over him and crush his guts like a fly. The maps are wider with shortcuts, hazards, and multiple paths. I wasn't too much of a fan of elimination when it showed up for the next ticket in MS:pR but it was interesting due to the routes (I wouldn't like them in a big truck).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If I have EU PS+, will I be able to get Driveclub from US PS+ for free?

wouwie

I'm looking forward to trying out the game tomorrow. My expectations are in check but i have a feeling that i might actually like this game. Seems like my kind of racer. I'm slightly worried about the aggressive AI bumping into the player's car though. I hated that shit in MS Apocalypse, i want to drive properly and expect the same from the AI. I'm also wondering if there will be enough single player content.

I think it's a fair deal: the free "demo" seems large enough to get a good idea of what the game is about it and should help people decide if they like the game enough to buy it.

viveks86

Yup. Servers are down

I'm looking forward to trying out the game tomorrow. My expectations are in check but i have a feeling that i might actually like this game. Seems like my kind of racer. I'm slightly worried about the aggressive AI bumping into the player's car though. I hated that shit in MS Apocalypse, i want to drive properly and expect the same from the AI. I'm also wondering if there will be enough single player content.

There's tons of single player content. Can't comment on the unfair AI bumping yet as I haven't played enough. But rest assured that there is a lot to do in the campaign mode.

Apparently the app is 445 MB? Holy shit haha. But sites are saying it's available now on Android, yet nothing shows in the Play Store. Weird....

This game was the last straw for me. I'm never bothering with reviews from strangers anymore. GAF impressions and personal research is all I care about going forward. Find out as much as you can on your own. There's no shortage of media out there. And there is the PS+ version.
I don't read reviews anymore. They're written by people who are paid to give their opinions, and that's something that's easily corruptible. And even worse, if they're not swayed by money, that can lead to indifference.

I mean how many more videos do I have to watch of these people who are reviewing the game, yet cannot even say with any confidence what the PS Plus Edition is, or what content it has? And then brush off their ignorance by saying it's Sony's fault because they didn't deliver a clear message about that stuff. When the information is clearly out there - they just don't give a fuck to know or do any research at all. These are not the people whose opinion I value. But unfortunately, these idiots are shaping what games get greenlit because of Metacritic and other such nonsense.

Seriously man. Fuck this industry. It's broken.

Sony need to get the game servers up .
I want to join a club and play with fellow gaf members.
It's pissing me off right now since a good part of the game about online stuff.

ZeroX03

Banned
yet cannot even say with any confidence what the PS Plus Edition is, or what content it has? And then brush off their ignorance by saying it's Sony's fault because they didn't deliver a clear message about that stuff.

I dunno man. I found Sony's communication regarding the PS Plus Edition pretty damn confusing.

Post #9999 hell yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom