• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yummy...

EXIT2Wnl.jpg

More info real soon! :)

I think it warrants its own thread if you made that yourself.

Apparently the app is 445 MB? Holy shit haha. But sites are saying it's available now on Android, yet nothing shows in the Play Store. Weird....
I think it showed earlier, someone linked to it. Test version of the app I obtained was 240MB-ish, and that obviously was unfinished.

You can make and administer your Club etc, so they need to pack in all the shields, flourishes, badges etc imagery and there are quite a few and thanks to high resolution phones and tablets you need to have them in a decent resolution which will make the size sky-rocket.

So for you guys in the US, is the Mercedes AMG GT available for free already as the patch notes say? How is it?
My guess would be it'll be added in the store update later?

Shinjiru

I don't read reviews anymore. They're written by people who are paid to give their opinions, and that's something that's easily corruptible. And even worse, if they're not swayed by money, that can lead to indifference.

I mean how many more videos do I have to watch of these people who are reviewing the game, yet cannot even say with any confidence what the PS Plus Edition is, or what content it has? And then brush off their ignorance by saying it's Sony's fault because they didn't deliver a clear message about that stuff. When the information is clearly out there - they just don't give a fuck to know or do any research at all. These are not the people whose opinion I value. But unfortunately, these idiots are shaping what games get greenlit because of Metacritic and other such nonsense.

Seriously man. Fuck this industry. It's broken.
Nailed it.

I don't read reviews anymore. They're written by people who are paid to give their opinions, and that's something that's easily corruptible. And even worse, if they're not swayed by money, that can lead to indifference.

I mean how many more videos do I have to watch of these people who are reviewing the game, yet cannot even say with any confidence what the PS Plus Edition is, or what content it has? And then brush off their ignorance by saying it's Sony's fault because they didn't deliver a clear message about that stuff. When the information is clearly out there - they just don't give a fuck to know or do any research at all. These are not the people whose opinion I value. But unfortunately, these idiots are shaping what games get greenlit because of Metacritic and other such nonsense.

I fully agree with this. Reviews nowdays are a joke. I read maybe one or two of them to see a different opinion and for curiosity but the more i read these the more i try to stay away from them and give them click which in return gives them money. We're getting to a point that videogame reviews are like politics.

See review industry? See the hearts you break, with your being paid to write and have opinions on things? Do you see the damage you are doing to young minds just barely capable of reading comprehension having to understand that their opinions aren't shared by everyone? Where is your humanity? Where is your honour dirtbags?

Look at this poor kid. He doesn't really understand subjectivity, he shouldn't have to deal with that crap. He says things like "written by people paid to give their opinions" - I know it's dumb, I know that's what a review actually is, but be kind to him. But instead you all get together and write your own opinions about a game you've played and look what happens? Do you see? The blood, the gore, the tears of the disenfranchised gamers aching to play something on their console. And all you do is spread you informed opinion after playing the game for hours. How could you be so cruel?

Nokterian

+1 I fully agree with this.

my sentiments exactly. And to think, before I came to GAF, I looked to sites like IGN for their reviews and based a lot my opinions on those of the reviewers. My eyes are open now, some of the shit I have been seeing the last while is pathetic.

Ploid 3.0

So true and I've not looked to game "journalist" reviews for years, and when I did I mainly looked to the replay factor (PSM) since back then I didn't want to waste money on a game that I wouldn't play that much.

It is surprising they seem so ignorant on so much stuff when they are paid to know about games and be a journalist that deals only in the game industry. What do they do when they aren't reviewing the particular games on the clock? I'm not talking about this one thing but the way the journalists seem to be consistently, if it's not knowing how to play games, which can effect their scores, it's not knowing much about things when the information is readily available. I watched Giant Bomb play Demon's Souls, they said people that would enjoy it are masochists most likely. I rolled my eyes and stopped wasting my time watching them try to understand why it was liked. Didn't want to torture myself. Watching game some game journalists try to play a game is usually nails on chalkboard bad, and you wonder why game devs make games easier.

Shinjiru

I fully agree with this. Reviews nowdays are a joke. I read maybe one or two of them to see a different opinion and for curiosity but the more i read these the more i try to stay away from them and give them click which in return gives them money. We're getting to a point that videogame reviews are like politics.
Exactly. It's all too biased for me. I shake my head whenever one of these "journalists" gets hired by a game developer/publisher.

WoolyNinja

Played 3 races so far during my lunch - game looks great, sounds great, but most importantly drives great so far!

My one issue was trying to find the right view I liked 100%, I ended up going with the hood view as that seemed to give me the best visibility of the track, etc. The in-car view is great too, but it blocks to much of the beautiful

See review industry? See the hearts you break, with your being paid to write and have opinions on things? Do you see the damage you are doing to young minds just barely capable of reading comprehension having to understand that their opinions aren't shared by everyone? Where is your humanity? Where is your honour dirtbags?

Look at this poor kid. He doesn't really understand subjectivity, he shouldn't have to deal with that crap. He says things like "written by people paid to give their opinions" - I know it's dumb, I know that's what a review actually is, but be kind to him. But instead you all get together and write your own opinions about a game you've played and look what happens? Do you see? The blood, the gore, the tears of the disenfranchised gamers aching to play something on their console. And all you do is spread you informed opinion after playing the game for hours. How could you be so cruel?

Everyone should know this industry was broken when journalist had no problem with MS DRM and were wondering why every else had a problem with it .
There is a lot wrong with video game journalist and this industry in the whole.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
This game has been so hyped on here. 100s of pages. I'm not surprised people are casting off all negative reviews. I've been there with music albums and films. Even some fames. I tried to convince myself I liked destiny fir about a week because I'm such a halo/bungie fan.

Please don't attack me. I havnt played driveclub and I will judge it once I have. I bought hyrule warriors and I really like it. I knew what it was when I got it. I'm just trying to say plenty of people would say that game was poor, deserves 5 out of tens etc. I like it tho. It's fine to like driveclub. I understand it's the only real Sony exclusive thus year and it's had a major weight to bare. Carrying all that. Destiny was a let down etc. I think if you like it then that's what matters. It seems like plenty of reviewers really liked it too. The real test is to see if anyone's playing it I'm a month and what opinions are after some time.

The game looks beautiful to me but casting off a whole section of the gaming press because they brought up their issues. This game was delayed a yeae and it seems to have some issues still. I think the game should be packed with content and be a really solid release with a years delay. It sounds like there is a good foundation here anyway. Thrilling driving engines incredible visuals. Let them build on it with dlc etc.

I look forward to playing it. I just think people build themselves up to love something before its even out. Then can't deal with people that have had no investment of their time before its release. I wish I hadn't got hyped up for destiny. That was a harsh realisation for me.

I'll see who's times I can beat on Drive club :) see you on the track

Anybody know if the soundtrack is available to buy and download anywhere yet? Looking for MP3s and I usually hit up Amazon, but they're really hit and miss with gaming soundtracks these days.

This game has been so hyped on here. 100s of pages. I'm not surprised people are casting off all negative reviews. I've been there with music albums and films. Even some fames. I tried to convince myself I liked destiny fir about a week because I'm such a halo/bungie fan.

Please don't attack me. I havnt played driveclub and I will judge it once I have. I bought hyrule warriors and I really like it. I knew what it was when I got it. I'm just trying to say plenty of people would say that game was poor, deserves 5 out of tens etc. I like it tho. It's fine to like driveclub. I understand it's the only real Sony exclusive thus year and it's had a major weight to bare. Carrying all that. Destiny was a let down etc. I think if you like it then that's what matters. It seems like plenty of reviewers really liked it too. The real test is to see if anyone's playing it I'm a month and what opinions are after some time.

The game looks beautiful to me but casting off a whole section of the gaming press because they brought up their issues. This game was delayed a yeae and it seems to have some issues still. I think the game should be packed with content and be a really solid release with a years delay. It sounds like there is a good foundation here anyway. Thrilling driving engines incredible visuals. Let them build on it with dlc etc.

I look forward to playing it. I just think people build themselves up to love something before its even out. Then can't deal with people that have had no investment of their time before its release. I wish I hadn't got hyped up for destiny. That was a harsh realisation for me.

I'll see who's times I can beat on Drive club :) see you on the track

Not sure why people keep saying this.

Infamous: Second Son, MLB 14, TLOU: Remastered, and Littlebigplanet 3 all say hi.

BashNasty

The industry is not broken just because you don't agree with the opinions of some reviewers.

This happens every single time a hyped up game gets low review scores. People who are insecure in their opinions try to discredit views that differ from their own in order to protect their predetermined viewpoint. I understand why people do this, as it's frustrating to read negative opinions on something you've been looking forward to, but it's still childish and silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom