• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiicon

My copy of Driveclub just arrived in the mail, but I'm going to wait for the PS+ version before playing. I want to make sure this is a game I'll stick with, and not something I'll ignore before the end of the month in favour of Horizon 2. I have to say though, looking at videos of Canada is enticing. That's pretty much my backyard. I've driven on the highway it's inspired by, and it can be a little exhilarating at normal speeds. I can't imagine what it's like in one of the higher tiered cars.

Glad to see there's people here enjoying the game though, particularly names I can recognize from other racing game threads. Not to sound disparaging or anything - especially because I do feel like the reviews have had some legitimate criticism which reflects how the average person might react to the game - but those are some names I respect and whose taste align with my own.

Nokterian

Why should this even matter?

Honestly what a piss off that review thread is. Everyone is using scores as cannon fodder for console wars bullshit and this game's merits are being overlooked.

I fucking hate the gaming community sometimes.

That review thread i avoid it as the plague. My impressions from you and other gaffers made me want it to play it more. Hell even a colleague at work thinks the same as me, just drive and have fun but no those people who reviewed it know nothing and the sheep following them are beyond dumb.

Gestault

Why should this even matter?

Honestly what a piss off that review thread is. Everyone is using scores as cannon fodder for console wars bullshit and this game's merits are being overlooked.

I fucking hate the gaming community sometimes.

Dude, take it out on the track! Seriously, reacting to reactions is a losing battle.

waypoetic

Banned
2BUCjsI.png

Should be up today.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/05/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1072014/

"demo"

Nice.

Just received my copy, and not able to connect to DC servers. Is this a widespread issue right now? It seems like PSN is having problems, as I can't even view my friends list.

Just received my copy, and not able to connect to DC servers. Is this a widespread issue right now? It seems like PSN is having problems, as I can't even view my friends list.

A bunch of us were trying to race last night and the servers were down from the minute the game unlocked. You aren't alone :)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Not up yet.

I dont think it's up yet.

The store is still updating. It rolls out gradually.

No one can....the store has been updated, but of course the game allot were looking forward to is nowhere to be seen. You can't even find the PS+ edition for 49 bucks. Only the full priced version....Sony should be called out for removing it as soon as release hit.

They are probably waiting for the server issues to be fixed before they dump a few more hundred thousand people onto them.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Sorry if you are all tired of answering that already. :(

How's everyone been playing the game so far? Just tour events? Are you trying to get every single star or just moving on to the next event?

And what's your favourite locations/tracks? I love Norway as expected, but I was surprised how much I dig Chile.

I had this game pre ordered and pre downloaded. And was greatly looking forward to it.

But from the couple hours I played, 7/10 is about the right score.

Hopfully it will improve over time and with a couple patches.

Honestly, my initial Impression were: Wait is there something wrong with my display settings? Why does it look so washed out. So blurry. Why are textures popping in? Did this not fully download yet? Why does driving at 100kph in a hatchback feel like 300kph. How ridiculous is this game going to be in an actual super car. It's gonna be like wipeout. Why do these tracks have so few corners!? Please tell me there is a way to get rid of this jaggy reflection in the wind shield! No, there isn't. Well thats too bad. Never using that mode again. Can I turn off these heavy driving assists from the menus? Nope. Why is there a janky pause or stutter just when crossing the finish line? Wait there is no race replay mode??

How's everyone been playing the game so far? Just tour events? Are you trying to get every single star or just moving on to the next event?

And what's your favourite locations/tracks? I love Norway as expected, but I was surprised how much I dig Chile.

Making my way through the tour mode while mixing things up with random races. I'm really enjoying the Canada and Norway tracks. Haven't played much of Chile yet.

It was never said that PS+ would be getting the full game. From day 1 it was called a PS+ Edition.

Hence why in the post you are currently replying to I specified that people assumed incorrectly. That's an old discussion that has long since been resolved.

However it doesn't matter because it's been confirmed now that it should be coming today.

naeS

Played 3 events this morning. One being the intro. I was half asleep haha but still won. Just wanted to create my club. My favorite was the Mountain Madness?(sorry) Sprint event. Point to Points are my favorite.

Making my way through the tour mode while mixing things up with random races. I'm really enjoying the Canada and Norway tracks. Haven't played much of Chile yet.

Awesome. I love the Canada tracks but feel like they're a bit too familiar since I've been in that area IRL so many times...not that that's bad. But driving Norway and Chile makes it feel like I'm travelling :D

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Yeah, just tours for now and tried a few single events to see nighttime and drive a few different cars. I'm trying to get every star, except one I need a faster car, I think. So far I really like Canada.

arit

I somehow get the feeling that cpu cars accelerate faster, have a higher max velocity and more mass in collisions, but maybe I'm just mistaken.

EDIT: Some minor thing, the loading screen may be short, but what good is it if I cannot skip the scenery right at the beginning?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Canada and Scotland tracks rule so fucking hard. Just got my first Ferrari unlocked too. I fucking love this game. So addicted right now lol

Navy Bean

Awesome. I love the Canada tracks but feel like they're a bit too familiar since I've been in that area IRL so many times...not that that's bad. But driving Norway and Chile makes it feel like I'm travelling :D

How are the India tracks as those will be in the PS+ demo I play? No offense to India, but that is the least interesting of the locations on paper to me.

How are the India tracks as those will be in the PS+ demo I play? No offense to India, but that is the least interesting of the locations on paper to me.

Honestly didn't try much of them - I think the first race took place there but that was it.

I'll have to check it out more tonight to form a better opinion. I certainly wasn't as down on it as some people were though, it seemed fine to me.

Since my time was limited last night I just wanted to see what I could get to and push through as far as I could. I was able to unlock the Lotus and get up to level 10 I think. Then I start messing around with single races just to play under different conditions. Ended up getting hooked playing a time trial. Every lap I kept thinking I could do a little bit better. Planning on going back and taking my time to get all the stars along the way.

I like that the time trials end when you want them to, not just taking you fastest of 1, 2 or 3 laps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom