• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

le-seb

It's actually just Driveclub being weird because something similar happened to me and I've never had that happen to any other game. Even when I went back to the display settings the boarders were already maxed out and set to full screen.. I had to force 1080p (rather than leaving it to "Automatic") and reboot Driveclub.
DriveClub is just applying the console setting, unlike many other games that use their own settings.
Yesterday, somebody said he had encountered the same problem with MLB The Show, I think.

le-creepy ;).
JackNicholson.gif

El_Cinefilo

If the servers can't cope now then how on earth do they ever expect them to cope when the plus version is out and pretty much everyone with a PS4 can try it?

TheBear

One thing that bugs me about cockpit view in racing games is the muting of the engine noises. I get that the car sounds different when I'm inside the car, but that's why I put the windows down in a nice car so I can hear the engine. I don't know why they bother with muffling the engine noise, it's a video game ffs

Theecliff

Banned
15289697559_d3bd83587e_o.jpg
Cupcake_dog_gif.gif

Dinjooh

One thing that bugs me about cockpit view in racing games is the muting of the engine noises. I get that the car sounds different when I'm inside the car, but that's why I put the windows down in a nice car so I can hear the engine. I don't know why they bother with muffling the engine noise, it's a video game ffs

Now I haven't tried this, but i'm not sure it'd be a pleasant experience going 250km/h with your windows down. I also think it'll make it somewhat hard to hear the engine.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
reduce the menu bar visibilty in the display options to 0%. its like the first option.

That disables everything, not just the FAME UI element. I want to keep the map for example.

you would race with your windows down? lol lrn2aerodynamics

Konosuke

what did you do to get in the servers? waited on the main screen? or restarted the game until it got you in?

Didn't do much, I was doing a tour and a notification popped up saying I was connected. I was able to do a club and pick a challenge but now I got disconnected again.

Dinjooh

Didn't do much, I was doing a tour and a notification popped up saying I was connected. I was able to do a club and pick a challenge but now I got disconnected again.

This is like playing during a WoW expansion.

'Guys, I managed to log in and kill a boar!'

Fonds

They bothered with a lot of things that won't influence the driving experience... Like the stars being 100% accurate in the night sky.
Being able to put the windows down would be going the extra mile though.
DLC? Make it happen... I do want it to actively increase drag though.

piccolo85

Does anyone else have the problem, that the engine sounds are to low?! It is really hard to drive MT in cockpit view because of this. There does not seem to be an option for this, the SFX slider just makes everything louder. I doubt that it is my sound systems fault, because it is the same with my Triton headset.

Dinjooh

drifting tips?

What has helped me the most so far is scream 'SHIT FUCK SHIT SHIT SHIT FUUUUUCK'

I don't feel as bad when I crash into a wall.

In all seriousness: Press O and be confident that you'll pull it all the way through the turn.

Other than that, practice makes perfect.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Does anyone else have the problem, that the engine sounds are to low?! It is really hard to drive MT in cockpit view because of this. There does not seem to be an option for this, the SFX slider just makes everything louder. I doubt that it is my sound systems fault, because it is the same with my Triton headset.

Im having the same problem.

Blablurn

That should not happen. You only receive a red notification that Driveclub was not able to establish a connection to the servers, but you can keep on playing.

Have you downloaded the update?

yep :/ happened 2, 3 times already.

just started a normal race (not from the tour). this one didnt kick me out so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom