• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Servers are still down or what?

I mean it's 1 / 4 / 10 a.m. in the US and Europe, not exactly a time where a lot of people are playing games. I don't understand.

Wait, replay mode is something they're going to patch in after launch? Like, the ability to watch a replay of your race?

Holy shit if true. That's a basic feature of racing games. This game isn't finished at all by the sounds of it. Without a strict timetable on when features like replay and weather will be implemented there's no way I can in good conscience buy this game.

Servers down, mixed reviews, PS+ version not uploaded, game apparently only half done... really not a good look at launch. It's a shame, because I love Evolution. I loved Motorstorm so much, and Apocalypse was just brilliant all the way around. I only ever tried their rally games but they seemed really good too. Not like this, evolution. Not like this.

the no replay thing is probably just Evolution studios being themselves. all their previous motorstorm games also don't have any replay. when people ask for replays is when they decide to work on it. I don't think this is the case of them planning it since the start and cannot complete them in time.

weather though, that feature must have been planned since day one and it's a shame to see them miss the release date.

oh well, the game is still very fun and satisfying to play.

Looking forward to giving the PS+ version a try if it ever comes up on the store, depending on reaction I might drop the money for the upgrade not long after.

Videos / GIFs continue to impress, looking forward to playing it for myself.

bombshell

Well, I just tried to make a race with the new Mercedes AMG GT. But it seems that I`m not supposed to.

I "bought" the item on the webstore and turned my ps4 on. Under relating objects in Driveclub it says that I`ve already installed it. So I turn Driveclub on and looking for the Mercedes but it is greyed out. It says that I have to buy it from the PS Store. So the game links me to the site, but there it says that I already bought the item and I can`t do anything. And when I try to force the download from the webstore it loads and loads and loads and nothing happens. Did anyone have the same problem?

I just "bought" it for free on the EU store and after re-booting the game I now have the car in my garage ready to use.

cLArDeO.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=707176122700084&id=423631211054578

Hi Everyone,

With DRIVECLUB, we are dedicated to delivering a dynamic and socially connected racing game that everyone can enjoy, and along the way we're facing new challenges which we haven’t encountered as a development team before. We are seeing a lot of activity and new social behaviours right now, but unfortunately this is pushing the servers to their absolute limits.

We are sorry if you are having a hard time getting online as we know many of you are. Please be aware that the game will automatically keep trying to connect you. Once you're online, you should have no further problems during your session.

Everyone at the studio is now working hard to get new updates ready for the game servers to improve connectivity. We will be rolling out these updates day by day and will keep you informed.

In order to help all DRIVECLUB players who have the game already, we're temporarily holding back the PS Plus Edition and the My DRIVECLUB app to ease the load and traffic to the servers. This should give players a better chance of connecting to the game servers and, once the servers are operating well, we’ll be sure to let you know when the PS Plus Edition and My DRIVECLUB app will be available to download.

To our PS Plus fans, we're sorry you're having to wait longer to play, but we want to ensure that when you come on board, you get the best experience possible. Rest assured, if you've pre-ordered the full game upgrade from the PS Plus Edition, you will still get the full version of DRIVECLUB digitally, and if you can't get online you'll be able to get started offline like everybody else with single player mode as you start your DRIVECLUB tour. You’ll still be able to earn fame, unlock cars and get to grips with all of the options for playing and creating your own events and challenges - and everything you do will be synchronised with the servers when you do get connected, so you can set-up a bunch of challenges to send out to your friends as soon as you are able to join each other online.

We fully appreciate how frustrating this is for everyone. We want you to get online with your club because racing, challenging and having fun together is what the game is all about. We know that racing with your friends online is what you’ve been waiting for and we are doing everything we can to deliver that experience to you as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the difficult start. We’ll keep you regularly updated on our progress as we work round the clock to improve connectivity. We want everyone to know what's happening so please tag your DRIVECLUB friends or SHARE this message to let them know.

- Rushy

At least something I guess.

On the PS4. Yours have a lock in the garage or not there at all?

Ok, I bought it on the webstore. No, it has no lock but an PS Store symbol. It says that I have to buy it there and takes me to the PS Store. But there it says I already have it and I can`t do anything. The funny thing is that in the OS it says to me that it is already installed but I have never downloaded it. I rebooted the game and PS4 many times but nothing. I`m thinking of deleting the whole Driveclub game...

Konosuke

Scooore!

I'm not coming online till monday (Haven't got net in my apartment) so I was wondering, is all the progress i'm making in single player, gonna help the club when I join you guys monday?

I have no idea, but I bet we will unlock some good cars until then.

Dinjooh

How can i embed this video here in neogaf to watch it directly with out going to youtube?
oh here is the video of a nasty crash i call it Rolling Thunder < My club name :D

You can't embed it on NeoGAF. The exception to that is if people have addons for their browser.

If you want people to watch it you can choose a image to link to the video, should be more exciting.

Did the Giant Bomb quick really piss anyone else off, it's like they never heard of Project Gotham racing or MSR. They kept asking what it was supposed to be and saying things like "I don't get it is it an arcade racer or a SIM".

Meanwhile they're driving around like complete dicks almost aiming for the fucking grass and then complaining about being penalized and then saying "what but this isn't a sim".

/Rant

bombshell

Ok, I bought it on the webstore. No, it has no lock but an PS Store symbol. It says that I have to buy it there and takes me to the PS Store. But there it says I already have it and I can`t do anything. The funny thing is that in the OS it says to me that it is already installed but I have never downloaded it. I rebooted the game and PS4 many times but nothing. I`m thinking of deleting the whole Driveclub game...

Try the restore licenses option in the PS4 settings. I think it's under PSN.

and everything you do will be synchronised with the servers when you do get connected, so you can set-up a bunch of challenges to send out to your friends as soon as you are able to join each other online.

Answer I was looking for. Will shred Tour into pieces once I get to sit down with this.

CrovaxPSO

Is the only way to get a different paint job than the starting default ones to change the "club" paint job? I thought I'd be able to swap out the four starting ones with the paint jobs you unlock along with new cars, but I don't see any way to do that. Since I can't connect, are all these paint jobs unusable?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb. Pressing X on the four slots while viewing a car in the garage lets you switch things around.

le-seb

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879869

Racers Sans Frontières clubmates, I've claimed sansFrontieres, game didn't let me use è. I'm sending invites now!
That's some glorious team work here!
I was beginning to worry about not being able to connect to the servers.

Oh, and I've watched you playing a bit last night, by the way. ;)

Scooore!

I'm not coming online till monday (Haven't got net in my apartment) so I was wondering, is all the progress i'm making in single player, gonna help the club when I join you guys monday?
I think you only make your team profit from what you earn when you're connected to it.
So, no. But no biggie, really.

ValeYard

Has anyone managed to install/download the bonus content for the digital version of Driveclub?

I get a download error and now seem to have a related error when restoring licenses too, lovely.

Konosuke

Can anybody explain why this shared pic has black borders?

Is it because of the game or the share buffer?

You have your Display Area setup incorrectly. Go to PS4 Settings -> Sound and Screen -> Display Area Settings.

Provisional club badge, I had to use Daft Punk helmet, couldn't help it
VgIMltz.jpg

Konosuke

I think you only make your team profit from what you earn when you're connected to it.
So, no. But no biggie, really.

Oh now I'm embarrassed lol.

By the way, this icon unlocks at Club lvl 25

UB0A7Iw.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
at least you can play offline and it'll sync back up when the servers are working.

Why do servers fall over so much at launches? Surely devs can simulate load during testing, and they must have some idea of how many people will be hitting them all at once on launch day. I get that they don't want to spend money on hardware that won't be used, but this doesn't seem like rocket science.

Dinjooh

le-creepy ;)

I think you only make your team profit from what you earn when you're connected to it. So, no. But no biggie, really.

Oh well at least i'm having fun, got to level 13 yesterday, and depending on the amount of homework we get today, i'm hoping to get close to level 20 today.

No, it's because this player's console has the display area setting shrunk.

It's actually just Driveclub being weird because something similar happened to me and I've never had that happen to any other game. Even when I went back to the display settings the boarders were already maxed out and set to full screen.. I had to force 1080p (rather than leaving it to "Automatic") and reboot Driveclub.

at least you can play offline and it'll sync back up when the servers are working.

Why do servers fall over so much at launches? Surely devs can simulate load during testing, and they must have some idea of how many people will be hitting them all at once on launch day. I get that they don't want to spend money on hardware that won't be used, but this doesn't seem like rocket science.

Load tests are useful to calibrate some parameters, but are far away from what a full release is.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any way to disable the Fame UI element in the upper part of the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom