• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gestault

Actually, everyone has read that quote multiple times. What else are Evo meant to replicate, other than what the human eye would see?

Edit: I'm getting annoyed because someone that can't properly define their argument continually condescends to others in the thread as they just don't get it, as evidenced by your assertion that I must have missed your original comment, otherwise I couldn't possibly disagree.

I think their point is basically that being a creative work, no one is bound to reality unless they choose to be. Neither decision is right or wrong. The people at Evolution have deliberately chosen realism. It's why the game looks as great as it does. But someone saying "as a result of that, the cars sometimes have a bizarre look" isn't invalid. To answer your question: They could attempt to replicate what the mind expects.

i9ZSYk8Xfxd28.png

People could make the case for either of these being what they'd prefer. So long as someone preferring the image on the left doesn't assume the more realistic result is because the artist goofed, then that preference is fine. Rushy went out of his way to justify and specifically demonstrate why it was a creative choice. Kudos for that.

galvenize

Got to play the game in my local game shop with a steelseries wheel that looked expensive. The screen wasn't too big and we there was quite the distance between it and the seat so I couldn't really notice the crisp visuals. As far as gameplay goes, well, it's a racing game alright.

In case you didn't know, the dynamic weather patch is coming day one !

I was on twitch to see a stream from Micromania french and the guys said that Evo studio told him that the patch will be available at the day of the release.

Guys... we need to bum rush EVO's twitter to get a confirmation on this...

viveks86

I'm at work now, so I added DRIVECLUB-GAF through the mobile app. No errors there.

Don't think I even got the request. Pipe is clogged! I hope this doesn't mean everyone needs to resend whenever they fix it :(

you can add me also if want to the DRIVECLUB-GAF
PSN gundamkyoukai

Please do send a request to DRIVECLUB-GAF when you can. It's easier for me to accept dozens of requests than add manually :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Don't think I even got the request. Pipe is clogged! I hope this doesn't mean everyone needs to resend whenever they fix it :(

Please do send a request to DRIVECLUB-GAF when you can. It's easier for me to accept dozens of requests than add manually :)

It's a shame you can't just follow people like on Xbox, would make it much simpler. When I did this for trials, I ended up having my iPad permanently sign in to that account on the PSN app to save time signing in and out

That snow driving gif took me from "I am excited to play Driveclub because it's free with PS+ " to "Oh I guess I am buying the PS+ upgrade". Amazing the power of a single gif.

OmegaDL50

What is the download size of the PS+ edition?

Same size as the retail release, 16 or 17GB

The only difference between the two is some features are locked on the PS+ version. Think of it like one of those Demos that you can pay and unlock to the full version.

At least that is what I understand from other posts.

iceatcs

You can tell they are running out the critical acclaims.

Can't wait the new one, maybe some reviewers will bring some idea.

Hoje0308

Banned
I think their point is basically that being a creative work, no one is bound to reality unless they choose to be. Neither decision is right or wrong. The people at Evolution have deliberately chosen realism. It's why the game looks as great as it does. But someone saying "as a result of that, the cars sometimes have a bizarre look" isn't invalid. To answer your question: They could attempt to replicate what the mind expects.

People could make the case for either of these being what they'd prefer. So long as someone preferring the image on the left doesn't assume the more realistic result is because the artist goofed, then that preference is fine. Rushy went out of his way to justify and specifically demonstrate why it was a creative choice. Kudos for that.

Completely agree with you there and would have understood if Evo had taken a different direction. The last bold sentence is what bothers me about the argument. Seems really disrespectful to say that the studio should have omitted that aspect of reality and that others that do so are seemingly more talented. Oh well, I'll just continue to enjoy the amazing GIFs that keep popping up!

AmuroChan

Same size as the retail release, 16 or 17GB

The only difference between the two is some features are locked on the PS+ version. Think of it like one of those Demos that you can pay and unlock to the full version.

At least that is what I understand from other posts.

All features and game modes are accessible in the PS+ Edition. The only difference is the # of tracks and cars.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/07/driveclub-playstation-plus-edition-details-2/

Hoje0308

Banned

Adding now

Gestault

Completely agree with you there and would have understood if Evo had taken a different direction. The last bold sentence is what bothers me about the argument. Seems really disrespectful to say that the studio should have omitted that aspect of reality and that others that do so are seemingly more talented. Oh well, I'll just continue to enjoy the amazing GIFs that keep popping up!

I grew up in the Northeast US, so I'm ecstatic at the nighttime snow gifs in particular.

Gamespawn

I have a quick question. Is the version up for preorder only accessible if PLUS is active or is it just the full game we get a discount on?

this is what it says on gamestop's website "Pre-order #DRIVECLUB and receive the Special RUF RT12 R Pack and the GameStop Exclusive Special McLaren 12C Pack!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom