• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remf

Best pure racer I've played in years. That's even without the online components.

Agree with this. Still haven't been able to get online, but it's giving me a chance to complete the tours and unlock all of the cars. I'm about start the semi-pro league so this should get interesting.

Also, to the people complaining about the graphics, I can understand some of your complaints when there is an overcast, but when the sun is shining and your blazing down the mountain in chili and other places, it looks phenomenal. Haven't seen another racing game touch it. I guess it's a double edge sword when it comes to dynamic lighting...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
-Unreal sense of speed (and I only have hatchbacks haha)

This is going to get batshit insane later on. Your eyes will melt as soon as you get to the Venom GT :p

What a stupid thing to do.

Edit: oh wait you're the thr project cars marketeer from 2 pages ago.

Well then.

Bye

way to read all the posts I made junior-I apologized for posting older PC gifs-

Glad you got the refund, but I'm extremely skeptical that a random Sony support rep would know when the issues are scheduled to be resolved.

thats what I gathered- I just wanted to let people here know what he told me-

Haha. Well I'll be out of town from Friday to next Thursday, so hopefully they'll be all good by then!

Im sure you have nothing to worry about-

I assume by "got refund" people mean they no longer own the game... or are we talking about a handout for pain and suffering?

They revoked my license for the game as far as I can tell- cannot play the game, so deleted it.

So pretty painless, good game but I can't support a game that launches with completely broken multiplayer support. I don't blame the devs, maybe they bit off more than they knew how to handle or something, but Sony should have done a bigger public beta test and helped them at launch for what is supposed to be their big AAA driving game.
This is what I was feeling. Like Zombie James-if the issues get resolved I will give the PS+ version a shot and rebuy

Damnit. Was rounding last bend on a track in norway, ai pit maneuvers me. From first to last :(
I've been lucky so far I guess - I've only gotten pinged and shoved when I was blocking a faster car, which seems appropriate, and avoidable given the rear-view mirror. I do the same actually - not that I use other cars to brake in the bends, but if I'm faster and a slower car is holding me up I will go for the gap even if that means trading some paint. Small love taps like those don't even incur a points penalty.

That feel when you miss lap time for .016 twice in a row :(
Oh I know that feeling. And on the next lap I try to brake even later, maintain momentum through S-curves that always managed to slow me down - and try to minimize my inputs as much as possible.

So far only one timed event eludes me and thats because even with a super fast lap I'm still something like 4 seconds behind the time I need. Thats a little demoralizing ;p

Had my friend over yesterday to try the game (he's a huge forza horizon 2 guy) and he had so much trouble handling the car. Is fh2 that different? He did say that it feels like it would be gratifying once he got the hang of it. He plays fh2 with no assists and manual too, I wil admit this game is VERY unforgiving. But that's what makes it so addicting.

NotBacon

1. Does anybody have a link to the best recent 1080p gameplay videos? I want to show my friends this game. Maybe a supercar screaming though norway at sunset or something?

2. How do I get rid of the annoying red "Can't connect to DriveClub servers" text in the middle of my hud while racing? I mean I usually go hud-less, but it's still annoying.

Gestault

Utterly beautiful.

iMnupMBeQJJ8c.gif

Had my friend over yesterday to try the game (he's a huge forza horizon 2 guy) and he had so much trouble handling the car. Is fh2 that different? He did say that it feels like it would be gratifying once he got the hang of it. He plays fh2 with no assists and manual too, I wil admit this game is VERY unforgiving. But that's what makes it so addicting.

Did you let him start with the hot hatches? I only usually play arcade racers, so the learning curve was a little steeper, but I soon got the hang of the first few cars. I still lose them at corners sometimes when I forget to ease off, but I'm getting there.

Remf

1. Does anybody have a link to the best recent 1080p gameplay videos? I want to show my friends this game. Maybe a supercar screaming though norway at sunset or something?

2. How do I get rid of the annoying red "Can't connect to DriveClub servers" text in the middle of my hud while racing? I mean I usually go hud-less, but it's still annoying.

1. Check out gamersyde's website
2. Options menu/display settings.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You know what, I'm about to buy this game. Tired of waiting for ps+.

This decision gets my seal of approval. Go nuts and have fun, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

fernoca

I've been playing with the Gold Headset since day one, and it is amazing. The engines, the road, the music, the wind. Alternate the soundtrack with Music Unlimited, so going at over 150mph while listening to Just a Little Bit from Kids of 88 is priceless. XD

And darn the T80 is bigger than I thought, well the box at least. Can't wait to try it out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Glad you got the refund, but I'm extremely skeptical that a random Sony support rep would know when the issues are scheduled to be resolved.

It wouldn't surprise me if they'd been briefed to say something standard like that to hopefully have people not insist ona refund, but it also sounds like they are refunding without much fuss

I doubt they meant it as a joke, but they're wrong.

Aliasing is very much visible in the footage they showed us where they said it was captured from PS4. Indeed it was probably the number one graphical complaint about the game in threads prior to launch, so I find it funny a load of new people have come into this thread and cried about it not being in footage.

They openly said the flashy 50,000 camera-angle cars whizzing by trailers were touched up, as you might expect for promo footage.

Some people have also cried about AF, and gone 'wha-wha it wasn't in any of the screenshots', when it actually was in them, but naturally they try and take screenshots from angles that don't show it, or make your eyes focus on the good part of the images.

And that last bit is probably why people are crying. Because they didn't actually look at the whole image/video, they just looked at what was in focus and assumed every object in the game is going to look like that either that or people got too used to all the footage we received and became acclimatised and were no longer wow'd by it.

Yeah but I get the impression it is much worse.

I downloaded the Cayoosh Pagana 5PM Pre Order 1080p @ May 2014 which was 30fps Capture from PS4 'The Forrests Of Canada' etc from Gamersyde and I thought it looked absolutely amazing - the question is this how the final game looks? Impressions are trying to say it looks way worse?

Not gonna be happy with that if this is the case and my stance in the future with this developer will show so too - if it turns out to be true.

If it looks like this 'Capture from PS4' - I'll be as happy as pig in shit!!!

New Signature: are Naughty Dog ever gonna fix the matchmaking/broken bugs in TLOUL:R

Did you let him start with the hot hatches? I only usually play arcade racers, so the learning curve was a little steeper, but I soon got the hang of the first few cars. I still lose them at corners sometimes when I forget to ease off, but I'm getting there.

I was trying to get him to start on hatches. He just drove the lotus Evora S(I think that's what it's called) on the chile mountain time trial I believe. It was a short session as we were heading to watch a hockey game.

He was definitely impressed with the sense of speed and the amount of skill needed to pull off a perfect run (which neither of could do hahah)

Yeah but I get the impression it is much worse.

I downloaded the Cayoosh Pagana 5PM Pre Order 1080p @ May 2014 which was 30fps Capture from PS4 'The Forrests Of Canada' etc from Gamersyde and I thought it looked absolutely amazing - the question is this how the final game looks? Impressions are trying to say it looks way worse?

Not gonna be happy with that if this is the case and my stance in the future with this developer will show so too - if it turns out to be true.

If it looks like this 'Capture from PS4' - I'll be as happy as pig in shit!!!

New Signature: are Naughty Dog ever gonna fix the matchmaking/broken bugs in TLOUL:R

If you're talking about the Forests of Canada video that's on this page:

driveclub.eu.playstation.com/1080p

Yes, the final game looks absolutely as good or better than that. I challenge anyone to disagree.

jcutner

I've been playing with the Gold Headset since day one, and it is amazing. The engines, the road, the music, the wind. Alternate the soundtrack with Music Unlimited, so going at over 150mph while listening to Just a Little Bit from Kids of 88 is priceless. XD

And darn the T80 is bigger than I thought, well the box at least. Can't wait to try it out.

Am I doing something wrong? I can't make the Gold headset loud on my PS4. I press the volume up on the headset, and it does the double beep - but the Headphone Volume on the PS4 is grayed out.

Loudninja

Thats without the sound mode update too.

Gestault

Whenever the servers are fixed. Honestly at this rate I'd say not until next week.

We're days later on this. I like to think I'm reasonably patient on this, but I really don't like that they're only offering the option to buy, but not try, the game in this situation. If the servers aren't stable as they are, why is it ok to sell that experience? When the official statement is that it's not acceptable for people paying for Plus to try it out?

Gaz_RB

Do you drift by using the handbrake or the regular brakes?

Handbrake. But sometimes you need the brake to position yourself better for the drift.

We're days later on this. I like to think I'm reasonably patient on this, but I really don't like that they're only offering the option to buy, but not try, the game in this situation. If the servers aren't stable as they are, why is it ok to sell that experience? When the official statement is that it's not acceptable for people paying for Plus to try it out?

I think delaying the Plus version is an attempt to actually make the game playable for those who have bought it, rather than not wanting to give the Plus version away when it isn't working.

Diamondium

Neo Member
Does anybody have any tips to doing the Cleanup trophy? (the 12 player race no collisions one). Perhaps a good track for clean overtakes and stuff.

I've been trying it on rookie in hot hatch class, since it seems like it's least likely to screw up with those options, but I never seem to get it since I always seem to be tapped at least once (even if it never actually deducts me for it).

Does anybody have any tips to doing the Cleanup trophy? (the 12 player race no collisions one). Perhaps a good track for clean overtakes and stuff.

I've been trying it on rookie in hot hatch class, since it seems like it's least likely to screw up with those options, but I never seem to get it since I always seem to be tapped at least once (even if it never actually deducts me for it).

Black Hills Raceway 01 in Scotland with a slower car like the MINI John Cooper Works GP :)

Gestault

I think delaying the Plus version is an attempt to actually make the game playable for those who have bought it, rather than not wanting to give the Plus version away when it isn't working.

That I don't disagree with at all, but it's continuing to sell it at the same time, knowing the state of things and when those new players will further disrupt networking for existing buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom