• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

Man, this game is so good with remote play. The underlying responsiveness really helps to mitigate the slight lag you get in RP.

Some spectators. Look how the light beams cast shadow on people when you are close to fence and little and a little further from the fence :

13C79mJ.png

Sdugdt5.png

NvVfsgH.png

I like Billy Balloon Pits best.

Damnit. Was rounding last bend on a track in norway, ai pit maneuvers me. From first to last :(

Dude... so I was in first place on an India event the AI does a PIT maneuver on me and my car hits a side wall slope causing it to fly in the air and does at least 5 360s in the air before crashing onto the top of the hood and slide down the road a good 100ft for my car to only to keep getting slammed by all the AIs passing me. My car resets of course but on the hood instead of on its wheels.

I wish I knew how to work the share feature properly because it was crazy.

OK so knee jerk reaction guys, is this game really any good? Can't get a clear view through the hype/hate

Kind of boring in the first bunch of cups. I turned the music on and that was even worst. Point to point tracks are boring straight corridors. I agree with de "soul-less narrative".

I felt impressed for the graphics only the first 30 minutes. Some light conditions are very annoying

On the other hand, great sense of speed, tight handling.

Korezo

The drift events make me hate this game... Adding drift stuff to car games has the equivalence of hatred as to adding a water level in games, it just gets me so mad because its not even fun.

Why are reflections all squiggly? They don't even look low-res, just distorted.

Dodgy paintwork/polish job on the cars (I don't know)

Love this game. Wish I had more time to play it. WEEKEND!

I haven't had chance to play today, being concentrating on Uni work while the servers have been on the fritz, and I'm missing it. I see those screengrabs of Canada and I just want to race.

I'm at work tomorrow though, can't set my head buzzing this close to bedtime. It's probably going to be Sunday before I get a sniff of the game, hopefully it will all be working by then.

Lol. People on the FB page are legit saying they paid $50 for a year of PS plus just to get the PS+ edition of Driveclub.

Why wouldn't you just buy the full game? Or just buy a month of plus for the free version?

SMH

Zombie James just had a refund. He said it was easier than he thought and based on the post times it didn't seem to take long either.

An update: called 1-855-999-7669, spent about 3 minutes on hold before connecting, and after 5 minutes of talking the guy said he will give me a refund even though PSN sales are all final. It will take 3-5 business days to process and go back into my PSN wallet.

So pretty painless, good game but I can't support a game that launches with completely broken multiplayer support. I don't blame the devs, maybe they bit off more than they knew how to handle or something, but Sony should have done a bigger public beta test and helped them at launch for what is supposed to be their big AAA driving game.

I'm 0/2 for PSN digital preorders so far. Destiny was a huge bust, pre-ordered PS3 version wanting to play PS3 & PS4 at launch and had to wait almost a full day to get PS4 version and the game has been underwhelming. Driveclub is, well, Driveclub.

Pop

Lol. People on the FB page are legit saying they paid $50 for a year of PS plus just to get the PS+ edition of Driveclub.

Why wouldn't you just buy the full game? Or just buy a month of plus for the free version?

SMH

I can get their frustration. I want to play the ps+ edition badly but I'm not hung up on making a big deal about it.

Sony/Evo blew it through

NotBacon

OK so knee jerk reaction guys, is this game really any good? Can't get a clear view through the hype/hate

Pretty damn good. First race is kinda 'eh'. Then things start to heat up.
-Unreal sense of speed (and I only have hatchbacks haha)
-Lighting is phenomenal. Yes you get blinded sometimes. Welcome to the real world.
-Exciting scenery/locations
-Mostly beautiful graphics. Once you start driving though everything is beautiful.

Once I noticed I was barreling down a narrow indian street with the sunset at 120mph, I was hooked.

The drift events make me hate this game... Adding drift stuff to car games has the equivalence of hatred as to adding a water level in games, it just gets me so mad because its not even fun.

Get better at it then. Nailing a perfect drift = sogood.gif

Agreed...game is fun as (whatever you think is a lot of fun )

Its fun to just hot lapthe tracks, right now i dont even miss the multiplayer

I haven't even been doing real races. Just time trials, learning the tracks, chasing my ghost, trying out different time/weather variants. 5+ hours of that stuff and not even bored, that's how addicting the driving is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom