• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

p3n

People complaining about how "this game looks nothing like the GIFs" should use remoteplay. It looks unbelievable on the Vita's OLED.

nikos

Whoa, I'm online! No challenges though.

My driver level is 28 (most was done offline) and club level is 1 with 101k XP. Does that seem normal, or did we not get any credit towards our clubs while the servers were down?

FWIW, I just got disconnected :|
I think you made room for me. Sorry.

Keep riding that Driveclub emotioncoaster!

Rollercoaster.jpg

viveks86

My driver level is 28 (most was done offline) and club level is 1 with 101k XP. Does that seem normal, or did we not get any credit towards our clubs while the servers were down?

Yeah club credits happen only if you are online

Loudninja

Some functions are temporarily unavailable including challenges and social updates, but for those of you that can connect, you will still be able to participate in clubs, leaderboards and online multiplayer races.

nikos

By the way, we're looking for 4 good drivers for APEX. I'm in NYC and friend is in Toronto. Streamed the game a bit on Monday and Tuesday on a dedicated channel. Gonna try to get serious with this game.

Whb29

So I've been anticipating this title for so long and was gutted when I heard the servers were screwed before we even got it here in the UK, but I've really enjoyed the single player.

It has the terrifying sense of speed and pumping music of Motorstorm Pacific Rift, the addictiveness of Motorstorm RC, the attention to detail of Gran Turismo and the fun factor of Burnout.

I genuinely don't get the bad comments - the graphics look stunning at all times - when it looks 'flat' it looks real, the handling is a perfect mix of arcade drift and sim handling. I scoffed when they claimed they delayed it for the 'social menu', but for the small time I spent on the servers, the menus are truly next gen, never more than a couple of clicks from where you want to be, and barely any loading times.

I was really just after a less sterile GT6 and Driveclub more than fills that gap. I have cringed at the whole 'social' crap but I've already joined a club and can't wait to start leveling up!

The server fiasco is unacceptable, but regardless, bravo Evolution and Rushy!

Hoje0308

Banned
I will be home late again but I'll try my best to accept before I leave on holiday tomorrow. That way the club will at least be activated.

That would be great. If you do I'll jump back into the tour and do some time trials to get us leveled up. I think Worthy is getting the game today too, so that should help if/when he's able to accept.

stoic-lemon

Neo Member
Played a good few hours. It's been alright so far. Do have some complaints though.

- Penalties are sometimes far too harsh
- AI is at times too aggressive (I've been shoved off the track several times by another car)
- Some more customisation would have been nice
- I keep being beaten on straights by every other car. Dunno if its rubber banding, but it's very annoying.

A 75 seems fair to me having only played the single player.
These are basically the only criticisms I can find about this game, based on what we have now. I'm sure some of these are at least on the table for tweaking.

Leunam

Anyone got room in their club for a mediocre driver? Would definitely like to network a little more in this game.

PSN: leunam23

What's the best route to making myself a time lapse GIF? I already have the video, of course.

Haven't done one yet, I would say upload the file to Youtube, then see if Youtube has editing tools for speeding up video.

After that just try and find a site that can GIF from Youtube

EDIT: Antti's suggestion below sounds way better. Do that

Fucking disc-eject issue cropped up as I was on the last lap of the rookie championship. Guess it's about time I sort this out before my PS4's warranty expires...

GodofWine

Anyone got room in their club for a mediocre driver? Would definitely like to network a little more in this game.

My club "Fast and Old " may, are you older than the avg gaffer? Friend me and if that last slot is open I'll invite you

I think we are the kinda club that will be mid pack but have flashes of brilliance :)

Edit: we are all US based...i think

Leunam

My club "Fast and Old " may, are you older than the avg gaffer? Friend me and if that last slot is open I'll invite you

I think we are the kinda club that will be mid pack but have flashes of brilliance :)

Edit: we are all US based...i think

Lol, 27 is about average aint it?

viveks86

Dat feeling when you think it's impossible to beat your own time, make the "one last try" attempt, and then beat it by 4 seconds!

So long, ghost! You weren't even on my rear view mirror!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom