• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
People complaining about how "this game looks nothing like the GIFs" should use remoteplay. It looks unbelievable on the Vita's OLED.

Looks insanely good on my calibrated VT65 plasma :p At times it honestly looks near photo realistic. Definitely the closest to CGI racer I've played. Only the IQ at times holds it back from better fooling the mind.

aro52

"You have been using a loaner car. Fame will not be rewarded."

wut. Hit me with a 50% loan fee or something, but NO fame?! Not doing those races anymore I guess.

rnaud

Looks insanely good on my calibrated VT65 plasma :p At times it honestly looks near photo realistic. Definitely the closest to CGI racer I've played. Only the IQ at times holds it back from better fooling the mind.

First time ever I had to calibrate my TV but it makes a whole lot of difference.
I realized my sharpness was at 80. I turned it down to 0 and wow, aliasing is now barely noticeable. A whole new world.

Also disabling the HUD is beautiful.

Posted in the other thread too but I figure I'd do a little self-advertising in here as well. If any US East Coast specific casual gaffers still need a club I just set one up. ID is Psychoward23.

Saganator

Whoa! I'm online and I can make a club! I have no idea what to name it. I have about 30 GAF'ers for DC on my friend's list but no one has made a club yet. Is there a GAF club?

hamchan

I also still can't connect. I sure hope they don't release that PS+ edition anytime soon, because it's pretty crappy people that bought the full game like myself can't even connect.

Really really wanted to test the game out first with the PS+ edition, but sony, evo, and this thread have been cruel temptresses. The $50 digital price was calling me every day up till now. :(

Yea servers seem to be a lot more stable I quit the game and booted it back up and I instantly connected again.Also every lobby I connect to is always a full 12 players and almost lag free.

nib95

Banned
First time ever I had to calibrate my TV but it makes a whole lot of difference.
I realized my sharpness was at 80. I turned it down to 0 and wow, aliasing is now barely noticeable. A whole new world.

Realistically all TV's should be set to zero sharpness. Any sharpness at all is just artificial edge enhancements that deter from the original source. With 1080p source material, sharpness is even more redundant.

isn't the $49.99 upgrade suppose to disappear once you buy the game? on the home screen it still shows the price.

Yep. doesn't show in my ps4 library. the full game cant be bought. the PS+ upgrade still shows $49.99 even though i bought it. i have to go through the website to download to ps4. i wonder if this will affect anything later on. hopefully this gets fixed.

Gaz_RB

When you wipe out on the final stretch of a multiplayer race after being first place the whole time:

wnC3TIM.gif

Realistically all TV's should be set to zero sharpness. Any sharpness at all is just artificial edge enhancements that deter from the original source. With 1080p source material, sharpness is even more redundant.

It depends whether the "sharpness" menu is "add sharpness" or "add or subtract sharpness" (which is more useful).
My sony bravia is the latter.

Saberus

Yeah, sharpness is an option from the old crt days that still with us but should be removed.

nib95

Banned
It depends whether the "sharpness" menu is "add sharpness" or "add or subtract sharpness" (which is more useful).
My sony bravia is the latter.

Are you sure the subtract sharpness is not still removing artificial sharpness? On my plasmas even 0 was some sharpness, with -50 being no sharpness. This was also re affirmed by several professional ISF calibrators on review sites and forums etc.

Yes, makes a 'huge' difference. I go over some of friends house's and they have their tv's set like they came from the factory, or have them in some kind of vivid or dynamic mode. Yes, at first glance it makes image 'pop', but when you look at it closer it looks horrible. Will definitely worsen the aliasing in games for sure.

P.S. I love this game!

Hoje0308

Banned
Ha! Just had a race on a track I don't know well, so I picked the Ariel Atom. Dusted everyone off the line and drove conservatively the rest of the way while the goons behind me were duking it out. I will use this strategy whenever possible online.

Loudninja

Any new update related to servers? I'm still unable to connect :(
Yeah alot more people are getting on but they still doing updates.
We are working hard to get everyone online as soon as possible.
We have just released another server update that has increased the number of players racing which is good news, but in order to keep building on these numbers we will be running further updates in the coming days that will affect availability of some of the online game features.

Some functions are temporarily unavailable including challenges and social updates, but for those of you that can connect, you will still be able to participate in clubs, leaderboards and online multiplayer races.

Yea servers seem to be a lot more stable I quit the game and booted it back up and I instantly connected again.Also every lobby I connect to is always a full 12 players and almost lag free.
Yeah must be said whilst the pre race stuff is a bit slow at the moment the racing is perfect. No lag and no one teleporting around the track.

nib95

Banned
On a side note, didn't one review criticise DriveClub for its dull menus? What the hell to that. The menus are awesome. Clear, concise, lightning fast, great art, good layout etc. The only negative really is that colours for cars aren't easier to choose or set up.

Loudninja

On a side note, didn't one review criticise DriveClub for its dull menus? What the hell to that. The menus are awesome. Clear, concise, lightning fast, great art, good layout etc. The only negative really is that colours for cars aren't easier to choose or set up.
I don't get it are menus suppose to be exciting?

Are you sure the subtract sharpness is not still removing artificial sharpness? On my plasmas even 0 was some sharpness, with -50 being no sharpness. This was also re affirmed by several professional ISF calibrators on review sites and forums etc.
yes i am sure
i can take pictures of the menu writing on 0,30,60,100 to prove it.

Keihart

I just deleted my digital copy by mistake OTL
Now i can't download it from library or the store.

..I need my DC fix , it's been almost an hour!

EDIT: It's downloading!, the download list from the webstore saved me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom