• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is music completely disabled on ps4 streams? saw some guy bump up the volume to 100% per request by the twitch chat and still couldn't hear anything but car engine sounds...even in the menus

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The sense of speed...GODLIKE

I can't take enough pictures because I can't move my thumb from the analog stick to the share button without losing control.

I need a Gaf club to join when i connect again since the other Gaffers who were suppose to be in my club havent got the game. So if anyone have room shoot me an invite.

Ehh i connected again.

Beast780

I've been playing this game for a while now, and I gotta say I'm kind of disappointed it reviewed so poorly. I am really enjoying this game.

Pros +

The track design and atmospheres are pretty damn good. I love the variety, and the way the mood changes throughout the game with time of day changes and weather changes really add to my experience.

I actually like the handling.

I like the leveling system and the way you unlock stuff.

The car customization stuff is simple and most of them look good to me.

I really like the look of the menus, and the loading times are pretty good!

Cons -

I'd prefer some licensed music in this game. For those that don't want it could turn it off, but the game feels kind of bland to me without music.

Like the last one, I kind of wish there was a narrator in the menus because the menus feel kind of bland compared to other racers even though they look really good to me. Maybe someone saying what kind of car I unlocked or something.

There definitely was a graphics downgrade, but the game still looks good to me.

The servers not working...

I need a Gaf club to join when i connect again since the other Gaffers who were suppose to be in my club havent got the game. So if anyone have room shoot me an invite.

Ehh i connected again.

I theoretically have a club set up called "Bandicoots" ; membership should be open so you're welcome to join it

I've been playing this game for a while now, and I gotta say I'm kind of disappointed it reviewed so poorly. I am really enjoying this game.

Pros +

The track design and atmospheres are pretty damn good. I love the variety, and the way the mood changes throughout the game with time of day changes and weather changes really add to my experience.

I actually like the handling.

I like the leveling system and the way you unlock stuff.

The car customization stuff is simple and most of them look good to me.

I really like the look of the menus, and the loading times are pretty good!

Cons -

I'd prefer some licensed music in this game. For those that don't want it could turn it off, but the game feels kind of bland to me without music.

Like the last one, I kind of wish there was a narrator in the menus because the menus feel kind of bland compared to other racers even though they look really good to me. Maybe someone saying what kind of car I unlocked or something.

There definitely was a graphics downgrade, but the game still looks good to me.

The servers not working...

Glad you're liking the game! Did you know there is a soundtrack that is off by default? You have to turn it on.

Late Flag

I was running a troublesome tour event for the sixth or seventh time and suddenly got the notification that I was connected. Instantly quit and joined a club. However, I couldn't get into any multiplayer races. I could join a lobby, but it was only me and it would give me some sort of "matchmaking failed" message once the timer ran out. Later on, I couldn't even pull up lobbies at all even though I was connected. Attributing this to server wonkiness, but if anybody can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'm all ears.

GAFClub Panda has been created!

JpIpVb2.jpg

The Club for the more casual racer in all of us. That and we give out free bamboo.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hooooly crap. I just started the game for the first time since yesterday and the AI went fucking bonkers. There were these 2 cars having a go at each other the first straight away and in the first corner one drove the other into the wall and spin out. Did the game get updated or something?

Late Flag

3 words

Italian. Performance. Cup

O.O

Is this where the big difficulty spike is? I tried this once, and got absolutely left in the dust by the AI despite running a perfectly fine (albeit not perfect) race. This was the first event I've encountered that told me that I need to seriously get my game on point.

Loudninja

Hooooly crap. I just started the game for the first time since yesterday and the AI went fucking bonkers. There were these 2 cars having a go at each other the first straight away and in the first corner one drove the other into the wall and spin out. Did the game get updated or something?
The Ai sick of not being able to play online.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hmmmm.
Is this where the big difficulty spike is? I tried this once, and got absolutely left in the dust by the AI despite running a perfectly fine (albeit not perfect) race. This was the first event I've encountered that told me that I need to seriously get my game on point.
Well...
3 words
Italian. Performance. Cup
O.O
Amazeballs
Oh. Oh shit. That's the one I'm doing where the AI went bonkers. And it got so far out ahead of me I thought I was in 2nd and I was actually in 4th...
The Ai sick of not being able to play online.
I bet.

Just because others are asking and I would love more people in my club, I made a club called "Auto Da Luz", please join me, any skill level whatsoever is welcome.

benzy

Cons -

Agree with everything except for this. :p I absolutely hate narration in racing games and don't really feel it adds anything. I'm hoping they don't go that route because having someone tell me common sense things that I can see with my own eyes is incredibly redundant. In other racers you can't even skip the voices. I enter the paint menu, and a voice says "Here you can paint your car with a variety of colors!"... no kidding? It's just really pointless. Just provide some good music for the menus and I'm good.

Late Flag

Agree with everything except for this. :p I absolutely hate narration in racing games and don't really feel it adds anything. I'm hoping they don't go that route because having someone tell me common sense things that I can see with my own eyes is incredibly redundant. In other racers you can't even skip the voices. I enter the paint menu, and a voice says "Here you can paint your car with a variety of colors!"... no kidding? It's just really pointless. Just provide some good music for the menus and I'm good.

Agreed 100%. I don't want narration and I love the way this game zips you right to whatever it is that you want to do. The menus and (short) loading screens are fucking perfect.

It's one of the best handling arcade-sim games I've played in a long time. I gotta say, I really like that it's more forgiving than console sims but still makes driving lines important. I think it strikes a good balance.

i don't know why people are saying India is the ugliest location, it looks pretty nice with the lights, dirt roads, smoke/flares and decorations. especially at night.

andylsun

Next multiplayer event in 567 minutes.

Guess we are done for the night.

As a constant cockpit view user, dash cam is pretty damn good. I like narrow view in GT6 so this works well.

Server is still down for me... Haven't been able to get in once.

Is there someI shousomething ld be doibg to get in?
Ive been just doing some time trials and eventually am getting connected. Even when im connected it still takes a while for the club to show up and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom