• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this just the first online race and I get race physical cars later on?

Also, did Evo ban the AMG GT for online? That thing is a beast single player wise.
I'm not sure, it's most likely an error as it has happened a couple more times since my first race. I've only been able to use the AMG GT once and it was rented, basically everyone had it on the event. I'll try to see if I can use it tomorrow as I can't connect to the servers anymore.

Can't get that 2:20 or less time on the Italian performance cup, it's been one of the most challenging ones so far...maybe I need to unlock more Italian cars.

viveks86

Can't get that 2:20 or less time on the Italian performance cup, it's been one of the most challenging ones so far...maybe I need to unlock more Italian cars.

I struggled to do it with the Maserati GT. After doing countless attempts, I realized that there were too many uphill segments that needed better acceleration. Also realized I was drifting way too much. So switch to the Alfa Romeo 4C and it became pretty easy!

nib95

Banned

The second race of that, whilst one of the most beautiful tracks in the game, was quite frustrating. So many tight areas where I constantly kept getting contact with others cars and veering off. Challenging but fun.

I struggled to do it with the Maserati GT. After doing countless attempts, I realized that there were too many uphill segments that needed better acceleration. Also realized I was drifting way too much. So switch to the Alfa Romeo 4C and it became pretty easy!
That's what I've been doing, but I'm always off by a sec or so.

nib95

Banned
I feel like this game makes driving the slower cars in the game, not so slow and much more fun than other racers. Right off the bat the sense of speed was fantastic, and now I'm on the Sports and Performance cars (haven't hit hyper cars yet), it feels like it's already gone in to warp drive. I'm almost a bit apprehensive about having to tame the hyper cars lol.

I feel like this game makes driving the slower cars in the game, not so slow and much more fun than other racers. Right off the bat the sense of speed was fantastic, and now I'm on the Sports and Performance cars (haven't hit hyper cars yet), it feels like it's already gone in to warp drive. I'm almost a bit apprehensive about having to tame the hyper cars lol.

They are not easily tamed. I have three hyper cars but I'm still struggling MIGHTILY controlling the supers.

GodofWine

Just spent a couple hours mostly online...wow...amazing driving.

I have issues with the club paint job, i keep changing it :) i cant leave it alone.

The audi R8 wanted to murder me.

Edit - can clubs add other clubs to a "friends list " or anything like that, if so my club is" Fast and Old" , we are 6 30+ yrs old gaffers and we are prepared for mediocrity :)

Shadybiz

Managed to connect to the servers for a bit, and leveled up my club (Fast & Old) once. Played my first multiplayer race with my club leader, and got 3rd place, which is WAY better than I expected. It was pretty intense, but hilarious when I whizzed by the guy doing donuts in the middle of the track. Unfortunately the top 2 were ahead by about 10 seconds. The game is awesome, and even more so when the servers actually work.

GodofWine

Managed to connect to the servers for a bit, and leveled up my club (Fast & Old) once. Played my first multiplayer race with my club leader, and got 3rd place, which is WAY better than I expected. It was pretty intense, but hilarious when I whizzed by the guy doing donuts in the middle of the track. Unfortunately the top 2 were ahead by about 10 seconds. The game is awesome, and even more so when the servers actually work.

Salute your leader and address him as sir. :/

first multiplayer match i played had a guy blasting music with his mic who proceeded to lag his way to first place. you could see his transparent car skipping across the track, lol.

v1lla21

should switch to Verizon, bruh.
Not available in my area or I'd be on that shit with the quickness. We might get google fiber next year so I'll wait for that. Internet not going to be restored until tomorrow :(oh well, single player is super fun. Although I do miss split screen in racing games.

Bravia LED TV SHARPNESS settings in game mode, (KDL-70W850B)

with every other setting either off, unavailable for selection, or neutral. Using the "Log Off" screen the PS4 shows.

For DRIVECLUB I find about 25 is pleasing, it seems to add a bit of blur to remove the distraction of sparkles.

my guess is 50 is native but I don't know exactly how "Log Off" looks on a pure monitor.

Dxb6NnC.jpg

I'm not usually into racing games, but this game to me feels different than most racing games I've played and I'm actually enjoying it A LOT. Not only the visuals, but I feel CONNECTED to the road. I feel a great sense of speed and the controller rumbling feels great as well. Also, the physics look really good. The cars look and respond as if they have a real suspension system instead of being stiff as bricks.

All of these things really add to the character of the game. It looks great, it feels great and most importantly it's fun!

I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

By the way, I feel as if this game finally got everything right (as far as driving games are concerned). It doesn't feel like an arcade racer, yet it doesn't feel like a full blown boring simulator either. It put the fun of an arcade racer, and the realism of a sim and the visuals/sound/physics pull everything together in a tight little package that is called DRIVECLUB™

I've gotten all gold stars so far and I just finished the Amateur Championship Event (with all gold stars too). I keep playing events over and over until hit all the objectives. My OCD won't let me miss anything ;-)

darkwing

Bravia LED TV SHARPNESS settings in game mode, (KDL-70W850B)

with every other setting either off, unavailable for selection, or neutral. Using the "Log Off" screen the PS4 shows.

For DRIVECLUB I find about 25 is pleasing, it seems to add a bit of blur to remove the distraction of sparkles.

my guess is 50 is native but I don't know exactly how "Log Off" looks on a pure monitor.

Dxb6NnC.jpg

Yup looks like 50 is the native?

Alright I was laughing at everyone in here over their sharpness settings and realized mine was set to 15/30. Bumped it down to 0 and aliasing is practically gone.

Damnnn

nib95

Banned
Wait, is this an in-game setting problem or a TV setting problem?

Basically, your TV shouldn't have any additional sharpness added at all. Any additional sharpness artificially enhances edges and makes jaggies stand out more. It also adds more noise to areas of heavy detail and busy geometry.

So I've never really played racing games online much.

And holy crap do I want to murder someone tonight.

There you are racing well, moving up to top position, and here comes that asshole in every race going in on every turn full speed regardless looking to slam you.

There you are in a straightaway, and someone is going overtake you in a faster car. Alright fine you got the go ahead. Nope, he decides passing me isn't enough and tries to pit me/side smash me, takes us both out.

Every. Damn. Time. For 6 straight races. Getting knocked from top 3 to bottom half.

And the penalties seems to do nothing to them.

I don't know how you veteran racers put up with this (besides forming groups to race each other privately). Really regret playing online now. Yes I'm mad.

benzy

Pretty surprised they turned off car collision pennalties online. I just don't understand that decision, or at least give the option to turn it on.

It's a problem with every online racer and there isn't any good fix other than introducing graduated leagues that keep all the trash, or beginners, in the first league.

That is why iracing has leagues. Because it isn't fun to be trolled when you're trying to play seriously.

chrislowe

Bought the driveclub plus upgrade from PSN EU yesterday.. and the game itself installed, but it wants to install a updatefile, and nothing seems to happen...
Isnt there supposed to be a progress bar or something?..

How can i remove this update so i can play the game instead? :)

GHG

Got connected today and checked out what the multiplayer has to offer:

crash480.gif

You can count yourself lucky if you survive the first few turns. Despite that - and sometimes because of it - it's good fun. What's really disappointing though is the lack of player interaction in the lobby. You have all these player created clubs and all you get to look at are those tiny club badges - no player/club profiles, no way to invite other players into your club or even look what club names people came up with, no player levels...just nothing. For a game that strives to be this social, connected club thing I find that quite perplexing.

Edit: Oh and my Club (Marx Brothers) is hiring at the moment. My PSN: demian__

You can invite players to your club. Press triangle and do it from the social hub menus once you have formed your club.

Still not online. Sigh.. Also looking to join a club. Anyone have room for a decent driving (will get better for sure)?

Well I'm going to bed and trying again tomorrow. Put me in the same club with others who said they would wait until the servers are up and can't stop playing! LOL

Not much you can do about that type of behavior online unfortunately.

Some people just love chaos. :/
Since the game scores everything, including clean overtakes and clean sectors, etc - maybe that point system can be used in matchmaking to group players by their style of driving - clean with clean, and dirty with dirty.

But of course, before that can even be entertained the basic connectivity stuff has to be working, and well ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom