• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Sorry guys, should have clarified - I can totally start the game and play the full version no problem.

I was more annoyed at the purchase option being present in the PS4 UI menu to be honest and was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of it? :/
Hmm I have no clue man sorry.

EGOMON

My four custom-made jobs:

15502122135_f6cf7ca3a1_c.jpg

15315526527_fae08f7c2c_c.jpg

15315200589_d278f70bef_c.jpg

15502122315_c5c50da22c_c.jpg

Why oh why do I *never* get connected.

I'm just watching a videgamerTV video and there he is ... connected.

My Ps4 is wired and my connection is great, I never have online problems with other games.

I don't get why I don't even get a glimpse. In many many hours of single player.

Starting, leaving it running, playing .. nothing! I've NEVER see that little online indicating in the top right.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Yeah it's not the norm but I've had a few games that had the steelbook separately - namely Bioshock Infinite and FF13-2.

The picture JB used to promote it also had them as separate.

Ahh ok. Weird, would've looked like an idiot in the shop if I requested a sealed copy. ;-)

dejay

Banned
Yes, pick up your TV remote, then adjust your brightness level to match your desired result.

You haven't met my TV remote :( I'd prefer not to have to do it every time I switch between this game and something else. Seems like such a basic thing these days.

Still, the dashboard cam makes up for a lot of things - it's basically the best of hood cam, which is unnatural, and cockpit, which doesn't represent what my field of view generally is when I'm concentrating and driving. I'm also a fan of the motion controls.

Fusebox

Banned
Haha I haven't seen the web design yet, I'll keep an eye out for it.

You haven't met my TV remote :( I'd prefer not to have to do it every time I switch between this game and something else. Seems like such a basic thing these days.

Gamma and brightness aren't exactly the same thing anyway. In Driveclub I really need a little gamma boost not just a brightness bump.

You can get soooo in the zone with this game, always a good sign for drivers.
So true. Hours melt for me in this game - they just melt away. And I almost never have any goal besides 'go fast and win'. There are points to accrue, but the actual moment to moment driving and racing in this game is too fucking golden.

First I was doing no-hud time trials, now I do completely random setting no-hud time trials mixed with random setting no-hud races. You still pick the course and the car, but the event conditions keep you on your toes every time.

And then the hours melt away. And then I get new cars, and then I have to race them ;p

Its utterly hypnotic and addicting as all hell.

Fusebox

Banned
Niiice. And I find there are some little touches that contribute to that feel, like the lack of a traditional 3-2-1 countdown at the start of each race. Just load, rev, goooooo.

viveks86

So true. Hours melt for me in this game - they just melt away. And I almost never have any goal besides 'go fast and win'. There are points to accrue, but the actual moment to moment driving and racing in this game is too fucking golden.

First I was doing no-hud time trials, now I do completely random setting no-hud time trials mixed with random setting no-hud races. You still pick the course and the car, but the event conditions keep you on your toes every time.

And then the hours melt away. And then I get new cars, and then I have to race them ;p

Haha. Do you even have a club yet?

darkwing

Why oh why do I *never* get connected.

I'm just watching a videgamerTV video and there he is ... connected.

My Ps4 is wired and my connection is great, I never have online problems with other games.

I don't get why I don't even get a glimpse. In many many hours of single player.

Starting, leaving it running, playing .. nothing! I've NEVER see that little online indicating in the top right.

RNG

I tried turning off the HUD in settings but I've still got some things show up. I've see screens posted and they have nothing showing. I'm certain I turned them all off..

Edit:

Sorry posted twice above.

Not yet no.

I have been connected off and on with the server tonight though, so I had very fleeting chances. 95% of the time it was offline though.

I just don't know if any of my buddies are going to be into this, and neither do they since the PS+ version isn't out yet, and even then I haven't managed to settle on a club name ;p

Chances are I'll look up some west coast GAF clubs once the servers are up to par because my buddies will try the demo and then ask me if its "just racing" and then I'll want to throw a shoe at their faces.

What's this Rack Em Up Knock Em Down trophy everyone was having trouble with?

I was just doing time trials on Chile and it randomly popped. I don't even know what I did to get it

Psyclone

Can someone please clarify this:

Would any points gained before creating a club in SP go towards club points?

I reached around level 16 before creating our club. I then realised that even though the club points gauge at the end of each race was grayed out still (servers down) I was contributing to the club.

So would any points gained before lvl 16 in my case be added on?

fernoca

Created a club... I think.
Turned on the game now, was in the infinite loading, first name was used already, second name had spaces, third name was accepted ..then threw me offline.

patchday

Definitely true, and assholes will be assholes. Still seems like a solvable problem though since you know the forces at work in the collision and where the track's braking zones are. Or, at least solvable to a decent degree. Its the programmer in my gut saying there's got to be an efficient way ;p

Well in GT5, etc the host can boot wreckers

aro52

Have solid connection all afternoon.

Talk up that things are getting better to friends, while playing Destiny.

Successfully pull them away from Destiny for some 'clubbin!

Servers nowhere to be seen.

giphy.gif

murgo

Driveclub Diary Entry Nr. 5: Dear Diary, today the game mocks me even more by connecting me every couple of seconds. Every time I try to create my club, it disconnects. ARGH!!!

Jimrpg

I also race with no HUD, but I want the lap time somewhere on the screen. Wish we could separate the various items and show only the ones we are interested in.

Fusebox

Banned
I also race with no HUD, but I want the lap time somewhere on the screen. Wish we could separate the various items and show only the ones we are interested in.

I have opacity at 10%, seems just enough to see my speedo, map and laptimes without being too distracting.

Someone should tweet Rushy that being able to customize what HUD features we want visible would be greatly appreciated. It's hard to do HUDless at night when you can't see the map and don't have the map memorized.

Rushy, if you're reading this, you know what to do!

Fusebox

Banned
Also Driveclub is missing the best racing view of all.

Bumper-cam, but at the height of a normal driver so it doesn't feel like a bobsled, and with speedo/tacho in the center of the screen.

Or did Polyphony patent that view?

AxeMan

So does this compare to iRacing?

I bought a PS3 for GT5 and was severely burnt. I'm liking the look of this but would like to compare it to something like iRacing to see if it would suit me

Fusebox

Banned
So does this compare to iRacing?

I bought a PS3 for GT5 and was severely burnt. I'm liking the look of this but would like to compare it to something like iRacing to see if it would suit me

If you didn't like GT5 I could see you not liking this. This has a slightly better sense of speed, a waaaay better menu system and better graphics but nothing so wildly removed from GT5 that I can think of that might sway you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom