• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Since the game scores everything, including clean overtakes and clean sectors, etc - maybe that point system can be used in matchmaking to group players by their style of driving - clean with clean, and dirty with dirty.

But of course, before that can even be entertained the basic connectivity stuff has to be working, and well ...

That would be awesome. The higher your penalty score in the last 10 matches, the more you get paired with other high penalty drivers.

I finally connected, created my club, participated in my first bumper cars session, then was promptly disconnected while creating my club badge. Was fun for the 20 minutes or so I was online....

CaLe

If people are asses online and there's no collision penalty... I think I'll just return my sealed copy. I know I'll get very, very mad. Unless the single player is worth it...

Codeblew

Basically, your TV shouldn't have any additional sharpness added at all. Any additional sharpness artificially enhances edges and makes jaggies stand out more. It also adds more noise to areas of heavy detail and busy geometry.

Just to add onto this, sometimes no sharpness = 50/100 or so. Reducing from there just makes the image more soft/blurry. You basically want the setting that keeps the image pure.

OmegaDL50

I finally picked up the game.

CannonO, didn't you make a club for East Coast US?

I don't even know if there are open spots available.

I made a dummy club so far just to try out club features with my secondary PSN account.

I wonder if I quit a club as it's leader will the name of the club be freed up, or the other members assume control of it.

I managed to make my club O M E G A, but I can't send any invites due to Driveclub server issues, and based on the recent discussion in the topic, I take it this isn't out of the ordinary until Evolution does whatever to establish a stable online environment.

Since the game scores everything, including clean overtakes and clean sectors, etc - maybe that point system can be used in matchmaking to group players by their style of driving - clean with clean, and dirty with dirty.

But of course, before that can even be entertained the basic connectivity stuff has to be working, and well ...

Sounds good in theory but since the game doesn't seem to differentiate who hits who (gives you a penalty even when someone else hits you) it could be pretty flawed.

GHG

Sounds good in theory but since the game doesn't seem to differentiate who hits who (gives you a penalty even when someone else hits you) it could be pretty flawed.

The main issue I see with this is that you will get idiots who will brake sharply on straights when they know someone is behind them because they know it will cause that person to run into the back of them and incur a penalty.

Kind of like insurance fraudsters.

DOWN

Banned
I finally picked up the game.

CannonO, didn't you make a club for East Coast US?

I don't even know if there are open spots available.

I made a dummy club so far just to try out club features with my secondary PSN account.

I wonder if I quit a club as it's leader will the name of the club be freed up, or the other members assume control of it.

I managed to make my club O M E G A, but I can't send any invites due to Driveclub server issues, and based on the recent discussion in the topic, I take it this isn't out of the ordinary until Evolution does whatever to establish a stable online environment.

ShadowKingpin is club leader. I believe our club is listed over in the club thread but we had a name change to PREMIER because the original name was too long.

The main issue I see with this is that you will get idiots who will brake sharply on straights when they know someone is behind them because they know it will cause that person to run into the back of them and incur a penalty.

Kind of like insurance fraudsters.
Definitely true, and assholes will be assholes. Still seems like a solvable problem though since you know the forces at work in the collision and where the track's braking zones are. Or, at least solvable to a decent degree. Its the programmer in my gut saying there's got to be an efficient way ;p

v1lla21

Made it to semi-pro while collecting all accolades. Tomorrow baby, just me and you all day long. Sense of speed is fucking ridiculous, I love it!!

Lovin this game, just wish there was a sexy replay mode so I could bask in my awesome driving.
Word. It'd make for great share videos.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Point to point races are too short. It is over when the fun begins :(

Can't get that 2:20 or less time on the Italian performance cup, it's been one of the most challenging ones so far...maybe I need to unlock more Italian cars.

It took me several tries, but here are some observations and tips:
- go into inside on the first corner and try not to collide with any car or with stone barrier on the left. You can overtake several cars this way and be in 5th or 6th place before fast section
-watch out for AI drivers on top of the crest, they brake quite early and they can send you into the fence right before the very fast part of the track. Use drafting to overtake and lift&coast is very useful for corners
- there is a sharp corner to the left at the end of the fast part. You can grind outside fence without penalty, if you will be too fast :p
- AI slows down in the village and you can breeze past them. And do not cut last left hander in the village, instant corner penalty/airborne

I managed 2:16 time with Maserati (on gamepad+manual shifting), so it is possible :)

I have problems with Spyker drifting, got 6675 on the first try and now cannot get near that result :p

Any places left in club with EU GAF?

Hey guys, I'm sure someone has already responded to this (I thought I saw the answer earlier in the thread) and I can't seem to find it using the search function so please help :(

I pre-ordered Driveclub through PS Store and the game pre-loaded itself; however, every time I bring up the dynamic menu (in the PS4 UI) - I see there's a purchase option for $49.99 with the PS Plus discount even though I already own the full game?

I tried deleting the game and re-downloading it and it's still there. Anyone else have this issue and if so, how do I fix it?

Gaz_RB

I think I've won every single multiplayer race I've played simply by letting the other players crash into each other/fail to crash into me.

I think I've won every single multiplayer race I've played simply by letting the other players crash into each other/fail to crash into me.

what the hell region are you guys in? so far all the matches i've been in, people are trying to win and race pretty clean.

Gaz_RB

what the hell region are you guys in? so far all the matches i've been in, people are trying to win and race pretty clean.

US West. Its usually just two or three players that ruin it for everyone else, but I've gotten really good at avoiding crashes and dodging aggressive racers. Once you're up front, you don't have to deal with it anymore for the rest of the race.

Putty

Morning ladies, peeps still can't connect this fine Saturday morning? I was on Friday morning, did what what I needed to do then turned off. #work

For those getting kicked out of races in single player mode: could it be that you're using "Club" colours? I had problems when choosing the Club livery, but factory colours were fine.

Fusebox

Banned
Haven't managed to connect to the servers once yet lol.

Was trying to beat a laptime yesterday, I did about half a dozen laps and kept missing out by a millisecond but then it got dark and I kept going and my times got a bit worse but then something clicked and I WAS the track and I WAS the car and I posted a killer laptime without barely even concentrating.

You can get soooo in the zone with this game, always a good sign for drivers.

ugh fuck I thought the Huayra had a lot of traction, but it spins out if I gas and turn.

Trying to get use to letting go of gas on every turn, but sometimes I just spin out like crazy.

Putty

Haven't managed to connect to the servers once yet lol.

Was trying to beat a laptime yesterday, I did about half a dozen laps and kept missing out by a millisecond but then it got dark and I kept going and my times got a bit worse but then something clicked and I WAS the track and I WAS the car and I posted a killer laptime without barely even concentrating.

You can get soooo in the zone with this game, always a good sign for drivers.

But as that was happening, you forgot to go to work, and you've now been fired.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I think I just got ripped off? I preordered the game from JB as all preorders got upgraded to the Steelbook automatically. However, when I went to pick it up they said Sony sent them none so I said I didn't want it. Anyway, got a call this morning saying there was a mixup and some Steelbooks arrived today. This is what I was greeted with when I arrived at the store. One shrinkwrapped standard version and an empty Steelbook with no plastic sleeve or anything. Not really happy but man I was hanging to play this.

Qot4uIy.jpg

Wtf Gorilla... I mean Sony?

DOWN

Banned
I think I just got ripped off? I preordered the game from JB as all preorders got upgraded to the Steelbook automatically. However, when I went to pick it up they said Sony sent them none so I said I didn't want it. Anyway, got a call this morning saying there was a mixup and some Steelbooks arrived today. This is what I was greeted with when I arrived at the store. One shrinkwrapped standard version and an empty Steelbook.

Not sure. I've had Steelbook bonuses handed to me separate like that, but I don't know how the Driveclub one was advertised.

Loudninja

Hey guys, I'm sure someone has already responded to this (I thought I saw the answer earlier in the thread) and I can't seem to find it using the search function so please help :(

I pre-ordered Driveclub through PS Store and the game pre-loaded itself; however, every time I bring up the dynamic menu (in the PS4 UI) - I see there's a purchase option for $49.99 with the PS Plus discount even though I already own the full game?

I tried deleting the game and re-downloading it and it's still there. Anyone else have this issue and if so, how do I fix it?
Sorry man no idea. :/

Did you look on the web store?

aro52

Did you simply try starting the game? Mine shows the same, but I can load the game.

leng jai

I think I just got ripped off? I preordered the game from JB as all preorders got upgraded to the Steelbook automatically. However, when I went to pick it up they said Sony sent them none so I said I didn't want it. Anyway, got a call this morning saying there was a mixup and some Steelbooks arrived today. This is what I was greeted with when I arrived at the store. One shrinkwrapped standard version and an empty Steelbook with no plastic sleeve or anything. Not really happy but man I was hanging to play this.

That's how it's supposed to come. I don't understand why you would think you got ripped off.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
That's how it's supposed to come. I don't understand why you would think you got ripped off.

Because every Steelbook I've bought since Halo 2 has been covered in a plastic sleeve and shrinkwrapped with the disc and codes inside? First time I have heard of having a separate empty case being handed with the purchase.

The funny thing is the sales lady said there were no codes sent but they gave me a piece of paper with typed out codes for the Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series Pack, McLaren Pack and RUF R Pack and inside the case was codes as well so I got 2x the codes.

EGOMON

I think we need a thread for Clubs management were everyone put his club on the op name, timezone and how many slots left to make it easier for both owners and people who are looking for a club to fill those slots of course OP must be kept updated.

Some of the screens in this thread are....hnnnnng.

Would love to get the game but no performance/body customization kills any interest I have :(

leng jai

Because every Steelbook I've bought since Halo 2 has been covered in a plastic sleeve and shrinkwrapped with the disc and codes inside? First time I have heard of having a separate empty case being handed with the purchase.

The funny thing is the sales lady said there were no codes sent but they gave me a piece of paper with typed out codes for the Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series Pack, McLaren Pack and RUF R Pack and inside the case was codes as well so I got 2x the codes.

Yeah it's not the norm but I've had a few games that had the steelbook separately - namely Bioshock Infinite and FF13-2.

The picture JB used to promote it also had them as separate.

Sorry man no idea. :/

Did you look on the web store?

Did you simply try starting the game? Mine shows the same, but I can load the game.

Sorry guys, should have clarified - I can totally start the game and play the full version no problem.

I was more annoyed at the purchase option being present in the PS4 UI menu to be honest and was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of it? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom