• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

#1 in the world on one of the Scotland maps with the Vanquish!

there is only one other person on the leaderboard :(

Already knocked down to 7th. Damn you Hennessey!

Yeah I know that feel. Gonna be tough to break into the top leaderboards without those hyper cars. Good thing there are car specific leaderboards too.

Lady Gaia

lol you sound like you're cheering on some team full of special needs developers.

yeah, keep doing what you're doing devs! maybe the game will be fully functional by christmas.

Please. We've seen game-breaking bugs that take months to get patched before, and others that were never even acknowledged by the developers or publishers. Obviously everyone involved would have preferred not to have any problems with the launch, but to have day-by-day feedback from the developer and what looks like it may be a significant fix within a week? That's the way I'd like to see issues dealt with by others – because at least some great games will have problems at launch. It's absolutely inevitable.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I am going to ask this question in here. Sorry that its off topic but I think its relevant..

what is the best audio settings for driveclub or games in general?

I have the option for LPCM or DTS bitstream. I thought LPCM is supposed to have a high bitrate but its fixed at 576kpbs whilst DTS bitstream is at 1.5mbps...

should I leave it at DTS bitstream?

I am using HDMI btw.

kyser73

I feel I need the HUD on at times to get the feel of the track first.

I'm using third person. I honestly tried and tried the cockpit view, but I just can't get it to work for me.

Bumper cam gets some use too, when I want to go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! SHIT THIS IS FAST!!

Finally able to hop online and make a club. Anybody still looking? Let me know so I can invite you. I need members.

Club Name: PulpFriction

You know you want to.

dano1

A Sheep
I am going to ask this question in here. Sorry that its off topic but I think its relevant..

I have the option for LPCM or DTS bitstream. I thought LPCM is supposed to have a high bitrate but its fixed at 576kpbs whilst DTS bitstream is at 1.5mbps...

should I leave it at DTS bitstream?

I am using HDMI btw.
http://www.avtruths.com/dolbydts.html
This might help.
If it's regular Dts go with LPCM

Club Name: PulpFriction

You know you want to.
isNftcWVp8F9X.jpg

Nice that the servers seem to be up.

Doing some time trials.

So how does this work? Says I was #1 globally, but then another screen shows i'm #185 globally. Did the first one refer to the car I was racing with? Is that what i'm #1 at? I assume so since it certainly wasn't the fastest car in the game.

Looks like my console is dodgy. I said Last week there were bits of shrubbery floating over the track. Thought it was the disk because a few disk read error screens had popped up. Today's my free day so I went back to the store I bought it from, and it works fine on his PS4, so I guess it means my drive is messed up! Waiting for a call from Sony.

Tell you one thing, the game looks like trash on the badly calibrated screen in the shop. I honestly don't know who I feel more sorry for players who have tv's set up like that or devs who sweat to make a game only to have it played on a shitty tv!

CLEEK

LPCM is the way too go. This is true for all consoles, btw. LPCM is the uncompressed, high bitrate audio stream. Any other format goes through a codec and has compression.

DTS is compressed, lossy, 'last gen' surround format. The benefit to DTS and DD is that they're low bitrate, so can be transmitted over optical. LPCM needs the high bandwidth of HDMI.

DTS-HD Master Audio is comparable to LPCM, in that its compressed by lossless codec. But if your receiver supports LPCM, just always choose that.

nikos

Can't stand people who play bumper cars online. We need private lobbies ASAP. What's the point of the invitation system without them?

Okay, online is pretty funny. So many people driving like maniacs. If you can hold it together in the beginning you're fine. You'll get a good lead and they're too crazy to catch up.

Had some guy trying to take me off the road and I just hit my brakes perfectly and he went flying off to the side as I road off in to the sunset.

Shaneus

Since the Club stuff is working now I will be contributing a few points. Have held off doing the last Championship in Tier 2 specifically cos I wanted the Club points. Means I can start a whole batch of new races in Tier 3 as well.
Rad! We're all full now (or should be VERY soon) with people at varying levels. I think sitting at level 8 now? Still have around 100 kudos-filled trophies to do in career mode so there's still a few to contribute to the club.

I'm wondering if there are bonus kudos for completing challenges when they're finally up? Does anyone know?

And since you've joined even when you're offline anything you do will sync up and contribute.
Oh really? I didn't know that's how it worked! I was wary of not being online when completing challenges, but I won't stress about that now.

You should be happy, Gen X is in our club :)

This game sounds like its garbage, why are people shelling out $60 for it? The online is broken, the ai apparently has issues, and its lack of cars is ridiculous. There are much better racers on the market.

Lets hype a game we havent seen yet in the face of Horizon 2 doing so well and Driveclub being disasterous.

Jumping straight from Forza horizon 2 thread, to randomly getting mad at other people getting excited about GT7, then trying to drive by shit post about Driveclub.

lol these juniors in Driveclub threads sure don't exactly make it hard to call them out.

TEH-CJ

Banned
LPCM is the way too go. This is true for all consoles, btw. LPCM is the uncompressed, high bitrate audio stream. Any other format goes through a codec and has compression.

DTS is compressed, lossy, 'last gen' surround format. The benefit to DTS and DD is that they're low bitrate, so can be transmitted over optical. LPCM needs the high bandwidth of HDMI.

DTS-HD Master Audio is comparable to LPCM, in that its compressed by lossless codec. But if your receiver supports LPCM, just always choose that.

Thanks for clearing that up. Shouldn't the LPCM shower higher bitrate than DTS on my receiver?

because it shows it LPCM 5.1 576kpbs and DTS 5.1 at 1.5mps..

why is DTS showing a higher bitrate? Im so confused :(

Tell you one thing, the game looks like trash on the badly calibrated screen in the shop. I honestly don't know who I feel more sorry for players who have tv's set up like that or devs who sweat to make a game only to have it played on a shitty tv!
My nonscientfic estimate is that like, 90‰ of tvs these new consoles are played on are garbage. Many LCDs, especially if older, are terrible. I brought Driveclub over to a friends house and it did the game zero justice.

Clicked for the footage, stayed for the music. Some nice clips though too!

I finally found some footage of the Atom looks awesome, weird how they added visor cam. First game I have seen do that with an open car.

DAT MONTAGE.

Awesome vid buddy xD

Aw thanks! :D

Not unlocked the Atom yet, I kinda stopped doing anything but the single events until i can join a club. Looking forward to a proper photo replay mode too!

VanWinkle

Sometimes you just get the most beautiful time of day and it's so wonderful. And then you take 50 screenshots during the race. And then you get in last place. But you don't care.

1889043_10154706499750626_4347346851649512690_o.jpg

10380034_10154706498265626_3958296039022927188_o.jpg

10708491_10154706501900626_8282315827247010466_o.jpg

Jamesways

Oh really? I didn't know that's how it worked! I was wary of not being online when completing challenges, but I won't stress about that now.

Fantastic!

Yeah, Rushy tweeted that over the weekend I believe, that once you're in, it should count next time you're online.

I've had two solid nights of constant connection. Leaderboards up tonight.

I've pm'd TJP again, he's close on getting a ps4 to play this.

I leveled up the club 3 levels last night, and hopefully 2 more tonight. I'm still focusing the high payout accolades. I may be slow, but at least I'll dump points into getting those cars unlocked.

My goodness I just want to start an event bbut it keeps going to an error. when it does work, I'm put on a team with members that are ramming me off the road.

23qwerty

This game sounds like its garbage, why are people shelling out $60 for it? The online is broken, the ai apparently has issues, and its lack of cars is ridiculous. There are much better racers on the market.

Because it's a great game? Online isn't that much of an issue when the single player is still great, I wouldn't say the AI has issues, and 50 (with 9 more free ones coming) is hardly a ridiculous lack of cars.

Fantastic!

Yeah, Rushy tweeted that over the weekend I believe, that once you're in, it should count next time you're online.

I've had two solid nights of constant connection. Leaderboards up tonight.

I've pm'd TJP again, he's close on getting a ps4 to play this.

I leveled up the club 3 levels last night, and hopefully 2 more tonight. I'm still focusing the high payout accolades. I may be slow, but at least I'll dump points into getting those cars unlocked.

Are you doing this all on your own? I'm on Club level 4 and barely any of my fame is moving the needle. I'm only playing Time trails and Tour mode.

Codeblew

Is there anyway to tell in the in-game friends list if they are playing multi or single player? Kind of pointless joining other peoples sessions if they are doing the tour mode isn't it?

Shaneus

Are you talking about tour mode events? That's what I'm concentrating on as well, with the online stuff and time trials not offering much in the way of points. Are there specific ones to do that can be repeated for a higher payout?

FYI As far as my progression goes, I think I'm sitting on around 100ish trophies, having 100%ed all of the events thus far. So about halfway through.

kyser73

Well that's a post history to be proud of.

Did you end up getting Destiny before SO after all?

Jamesways

Are you doing this all on your own? I'm on Club level 4 and barely any of my fame is moving the needle. I'm only playing Time trails and Tour mode.

Yes, you bet! To level up faster, go to your driver profile, progression status, then driver accolades. You'll see a slew of challenges there. Some of them are worth a lot of fame points. The mfg ones have pretty big payouts, and are the quickest really. Drive a certain number of miles in that car in tour or events, and get 100,000 to 200,000 a pop. And it'll tell you how many miles you have left.

I think I have about 8 or 9 races left in the tour, was wondering how the hell we'd get the club leveled up at that point, but then found all of these. So redoing events trying to beat Shaneus' times in certain cars to rack up miles.

Fun to try out different cars while doing it.

Super addictive game.

MP races are clusterfucks as usual though. The challenges that pop up relieve some of the frustration of getting banged to high hell in a race at least.

Shaneus

Yes, you bet! To level up faster, go to your driver profile, progression status, then driver accolades. You'll see a slew of challenges there. Some of them are worth a lot of fame points. The mfg ones have pretty big payouts, and are the quickest really. Drive a certain number of miles in that car in tour or events, and get 100,000 to 200,000 a pop. And it'll tell you how many miles you have left.

I think I have about 8 or 9 races left in the tour, was wondering how the hell we'd get the club leveled up at that point, but then found all of these. So redoing events trying to beat Shaneus' times in certain cars to rack up miles.

Fun to try out different cars while doing it.

Super addictive game.

MP races are clusterfucks as usual though. The challenges that pop up relieve some of the frustration of getting banged to high hell in a race at least.
Ohhh, of course. Never mind my question then!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're similar to the driver affinities in FM4, yes?

Edit: Oh wow, you can see some of my times? There's only been a VERY small number of tracks I've been trying to master the hell out of. It's strange how zen it can get, to sit on the one closed course with the one car and just go around and around and around. The Chilean ones with their elevation changes are perfect for that, IMO.

Do you get points for beating them?

Jamesways

Ohhh, of course. Never mind my question then!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're similar to the driver affinities in FM4, yes?

Exactly. And through the tour you find you're close in a lot of cars to some really big payouts.

I can't wait until the Challenges open up. Half the game is essentially the Rivals mode in Fm4 and 5, with added fun of variable time of day and soon to be weather.

That's going to keep people busy a long time.

Edit- Yeah, I can see your times now. Beat one or two in India. Not many. You do get a little bump in points for beating the next person up the ladder. If you have the HUD on, it'll tell you who's next during the race now. I hear you though, love that racing zen of just turning laps, perfecting lines.

It's Rivals mode in game.

Didn't know about this. Definitely checking it out.

Jamesways

Didn't know about this. Definitely checking it out.

I was worried how all these people who are close to done with career would level up clubs after the server stuff, seems like quite the grind for little points.

But with all of these challenges/accolades, shouldn't take several members long at all. Clever system all in all.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Rad! We're all full now (or should be VERY soon) with people at varying levels. I think sitting at level 8 now? Still have around 100 kudos-filled trophies to do in career mode so there's still a few to contribute to the club.

I'm wondering if there are bonus kudos for completing challenges when they're finally up? Does anyone know?

Game needs moar witches hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom